Are fans or "Phil" the problem?

Punk's salty demeanor honestly wouldn't deter me from saying "hi" and/or "thank you" to him. I don't collect autographs or take a lot of pictures, so that wouldn't come into the equation. If he stonewalled me or told me to fuck off, I'd just go about my business. He wouldn't be the first to do either, and I'd still be able to tell people that I met CM Punk. I wouldn't be all "Hey, Phil" like the shitbag who sent in the story and pics, but I wouldn't pass up a rare opportunity just because Punk might be mean to me.

Its awesome when two ********s face off, there are no losers, well actually there is one, the other is a famous dude with a hot wife. Still, fun for me anyway. Well, fun is a strong word.

I don't fucking know anymore.

I love how the guy who sent in the photos is somehow labeled an asshole because he dared to use CM Punk's real name.

CM Punk can fuck off.

Just to be clear that's not the only reason I think he's an asshole. Like I said before, both sides were wrong. Personally, I don't "hey..." anybody I don't know or am trying to get something from. It's not even a respect thing, just politeness in the first case, tact in the second. Plus we only have one side of the story. "Hey Phil" could've been much more of jerk than he lets on.

That said, Punk could've been a fucking human being about it and just said, "Not right now, dude. On a date with my wife. Glad you like my work." I'm sure getting followed, photographed, and approached by strangers is annoying to say the least, but the only reason people are doing it is because they like Punk or at least are aware of him and his celebrity. He doesn't have to sign anything or consent to pictures, but he should acknowledge his fans. While I'm sure plenty of socially inept neckbeards and eBay store owners overstep their boundaries, that shouldn't be cause to paint all fans with a broad brush. Punk could make people's days by just saying hello, but he'd rather just be all douchey. He should invest in one of those paper bags like Shia LeBeouf wore that one time.

I've been a massive CM Punk fan since 2004, and usually the rumors never got to me, but Twitter and his constant whining and attention seeking while pretending he doesn't want attention has really piled up the past 2 years or so. Then you have constant stories like this and it's just apparent that the guy is a fucking diva/spoiled brat.

The fan shouldn't have called him Phil, but is there any doubt that if he/she said "Punk" the person would have gotten a different reaction? I personally don't think so.

Bloke's a knob. Saw him knock some kids phone on the floor who was trying to get a picture at a live event.

Punk mentioned in an interview somewhere that he finds it "confrontational" when a stranger/fan calls him "Phil". Still though, it wouldn't have stopped Punk from being a dick if the fan had called him "CM Punk".

Makes me wish Austin had been an asshole to him when Punk was just a fan himself and he went to meet his hero. Austin was nice enough to take two pictures with him instead.

Punk is a well documented asshole. The fan who approached him almost assuredly knows that..

Moron said he didn't know and that he also didn't know not to call Punk by his real name, but it's common fucking sense not to call a wrestler by their real name if you don't know them personally.

CM Punk could've said, "I'm with my wife and I'd like to be left alone," or "No pictures, please" or something like that. I can see why he didn't, but it's still rude.

At the same time, I was always taught that you should never call a performer anything besides their stage name unless given permission by the performer.
And maybe this is old-fashioned, but I was also always taught to address someone as Mr. or Ms. or Miss (insert name here) unless you were co-workers or friends. You don't address someone solely by their first name if you don't know them and don't have permission to call them that.

Both parties were pretty rude, but in the end, I doubt either party acting more politely would've changed much.

The other thing that bothers me about this: This guy said he was obsessed with Punk and AJ. So how could he not know about Punk's behavior with fans? I thought that was pretty common knowledge?

The justifications just keep pouring in. Can I at least get you guys to admit Punk's a jackass even though he's well within his rights act this way?

Whoever brought up the Austin picture is on point.

Punk is a notorious asshole, I'm not going to deny that, no matter how much I used to swing from his nuts. I'm not sure why he is the way he is, he has always had this weird sense of entitlement and a general aura of dickishness about him. All I was trying to say is the fan shouldn't have been so shocked that Punk reacted in the manner he did.

I'm still a fan of CM Punk, the wrestler, but he should at least know basic professional ethics which from his history doesn't seem to be the case. I understand there are some fans who will violate your private space for a signature or a picture, but for the most part we all understand that wrestlers are human beings just like us. It wouldn't kill Punk or Mr. Brooks, however you address him now, to show some politeness once in a while.

I love how the guy who sent in the photos is somehow labeled an asshole because he dared to use CM Punk's real name.

CM Punk can fuck off.

It isn't just because he called him Phil which, by the way, is incredibly douchey. If it were my friend who approached Punk or anyone else for that matter in such a way I wouldn't talk to them anymore. I'd be embarrassed to be around them.

No, he's an asshole because when he didn't get his way he still snapped a couple of pictures and ran to the internet to bad-mouth the guy. He's a fucking mark and deserved what he got. That isn't how an adult behaves.

Now if he approached Punk the way that anyone who isn't a total cunt would have, he probably would have gotten the same treatment. Punk's a notorious asshole to people. In this case, however, he pegged the fan just right. He's a cunt.

Punk himself has more or less said he's a dick. There should be no big surprise there.
At least he looked at the guy. Better than Rey Mysterio.

Maybe Stonecoldhell will make a thread about how everyone says Punk is nicer than Austin and whatever nonsense he can add to that while butchering the English language.

I would have called security and told them a tatted up creepy 40 year old dude that looks like he hasn't slept in a month wearing a Duncan Keith jersey was canoodling with a high school freshman.

It isn't just because he called him Phil which, by the way, is incredibly douchey. If it were my friend who approached Punk or anyone else for that matter in such a way I wouldn't talk to them anymore. I'd be embarrassed to be around them.

No, he's an asshole because when he didn't get his way he still snapped a couple of pictures and ran to the internet to bad-mouth the guy. He's a fucking mark and deserved what he got. That isn't how an adult behaves.

Now if he approached Punk the way that anyone who isn't a total cunt would have, he probably would have gotten the same treatment. Punk's a notorious asshole to people. In this case, however, he pegged the fan just right. He's a cunt.

A year ago I would've agreed, but CM Punk clearly no longer wants anything to do with the CM Punk name, despite that name being the only reason people even know who he is, not to mention the reason he can even afford tickets to a sporting event.

A year ago I would've agreed, but CM Punk clearly no longer wants anything to do with the CM Punk name, despite that name being the only reason people even know who he is, not to mention the reason he can even afford tickets to a sporting event.

No idea what you're talking about. He's still CM Punk on Twitter.

They say "don't meet your heroes". They should add "don't act like a fucking idiot if you do meet them". I'm a Punk fan but I would never approach the guy if I saw him somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back