Are 3D really retiring?

RD_21

Getting Noticed By Management
Call me paranoid but we are in an nWo angle with the guy who were in wCw and we will probably be tease with turn and false turn a lot like they are teasing that someone from EV2.0 would jump.

In another topic some people suggest that Morgan turn could be a swerve where he could lay down for Jarrett and then they could hug and brag about how they prevented a real challenger to get a shot (not the best way to thank people for buying your PPV but we don't know just yet).

So I was thinking do you really think that 3D are retiring, same for Nash and Sting. 3D wrote on Twitter and things like that if I remember correctly that they were ready to move on, D-Von want to join his family and Ray will work backstage we got report on that and all but we've been manipulated by Pope before it was confirmed that he was going with Nash and Sting on his twitter.

TNA are trying to use social media to swerve and work his fanbase. So do you think 3D are really retiring or will they screw MCMG and bring the titles back to the Immortals, after all they are kind of EV2.0 guys too so it could be them.

Just to give them one last run with the titles and they could become automaticaly relevant again by screwing the MCMG and faking their retirement.

Sure I'd liek to think that they will really retire and just want one last match and not one last stint but a part of me can't help but think that it could be cool and a "nice" swerve on us.

Plus right now the tag team division seem separated from the turmoil of the new regime, which I honestly like, so it could be a way to bring the tag team division in the storyline.

So what do you guys think?
Are they really retiring?
Would you like to see a scenario/storyline/feud like that?

I hope they are. They're so stale and boring it's not even funny. And what ever happened to the apparent feud between the two of them? Oh yeah, the AARP (EV2) team came in and killed it.

No but I don't think they'd have them win the belts and suddenly be a part of Immortals. It doesn't make sense given that Beer Money is a MUCH better tag team.

I don't think for a second they're retiring, I think its fairly obvious what is going to happen here.

The Guns will beat 3D, and Ray will turn on Devon for "costing" them the match afterwards, and beat the bloody pulp out of him. This will, in turn, lead to a feud between two men who have shown that they can do next to NOTHING as single's wrestlers. A feud I could care less to see.

So, no, I don't think they'll be winning the tag titles, and i certainly don't see them jumping to Immortal. What purpose would they serve there? You already have a far better tag team in Beer Money. I think this "retirement match" is only serving as a vehicle for a Ray/Devon feud. Joy.....:banghead: The relevance you talked about? I think that's how they're going to try and achieve it, despite no inidication from their pasts that it will do anything but fail miserably.

It wouldn't bother me in the least if Team 3D retired. Quite frankly they've been extremely stale for a very long time now. However, there's no chance of them retiring as they recently inked a new multi year deal with TNA. You know Dixie, she wants to keep as many people on the roster as she can, regardless if they're any good or entertaining.

The big talk going around is that the Dudleyz won't be a team and will begin a feud with each other. Bubba & DeVon are two guys that've done nothing of note as singles wrestlers, they're awful as singles wrestlers to be quite honest. I'd almost rather see Fortune & EV2.0 keep their feud going for another 6 months than watch these two have at it.

Last night on iMPACT!, they had a fun tag team match with three young teams that put on the best match on iMPACT! that I've seen in a while. I know what the Dudleyz have done, I know all about their 23 World Tag Team Championship reigns and that's all well and good. But the young talent should be center stage as they were last night and that's how it should stay, especially in the tag team division as it's the best thing TNA has going right now. I know the Dudleyz aren't going to beat the Guns for the straps and so does pretty much everyone else, so the match in and of itself is pointless other than because Dixie Carter likes the Dudleyz and wants to see them have a prominent role in an upcoming ppv.

I do believe 3D plans to retire. They have done it all in every company all around the world. They both know ,as well as does Hogan and Eric do , that they can not work as single wrestlers.

I dont see them screw MCMG or turning on each other and them joining Imortals(dumbest name ever) makes no since. I believe they will retire after loosing , thats right LOOSING to MCMG and putting them over as the new Team 3D/ LOD ___ or to say it simpler they will put them over as the greatest out there tday. Just like they've been saying for the last two weeks.

I see them temporarily retiring as a tag team and trying out singles competition again. And when that doesn't get them anywhere they will come back as a tag team again for the fans.

I thought the talk was that they were going to take a backseat to wrestling and open their own training school. That way they would still be involved in wrestling, but on a different level.

I've always like the Dudley's both in the WWE and TNA. I hope they'll be like other wrestlers who have retired and come back when needed.

People say they're the best tag team ever, they've won championships in every company they've been apart of, but I think they're awfully overrated. I don't mind D-Von, but I find Bubba so boring, stale, crappy. The Dudleys have been stale for about 8 or so years now.

I think they are going to become the main developmental territory for TNA, much like FCW for WWE.

I also do think they'll get a run as singles wrestlers. I love how people keep saying they're awful as singles, when it really hasn't been given a real try before. In WWE it was only VERY short term before they were brought back together.

I don't think DeVon is very compelling as a singles wrestler, but Bubba Ray can be a GREAT heel Main Eventer. He is one of the best stick men in the business and easily manipulates crowds into getting the reaction he wants. I have long said that he would make a great champion, especially for TNA. There's some merit to the fact that if that were to happen it should have been years ago, but better late than never.

I personally at least, would like to see Bubba get a shot at being all he can be as a singles star.

Just because they inked new deals doesnt mean they arent retiring. The new contracts may only be for the 3D academy so TNA can use it as their developmental territory or whatever.

3D is losing to the Guns, thats too predictable. I see 3D sticking as road agents after TP, but if TNA puts them in a feud between each other, its gonna bomb bad. It will be BG/Kip James feud from 2 years ago.

stale? I must have been watching a different team 3D.
does the crowd not get excited when they are wrestling? does the crowd not chant something about tables when 3D bring out the tables?
I would put Beer Money as the best tag team in TNA, but 3D are right there with MCMG. then Ink Ink and Hardy Boys, er GenMe. I loved Shannon Moore line last night something like Matt and Jeff called from 1998 and they want their gear back. that was awesome! GenMe need to grow and hit the gym for awhile.

team 3D are not retiring.
I hope they continue as a tag team rather than as singles wrestlers.
what I would love to see is team 3D join Immortal. they could win the tag belts from MCMG. either with help or on their own. then instead of retiring they could say they lied and are joining Immortal. that could be why it would be surprising to fans to see them get help from Immortal to win. that would give them heat and make them heels.
when Immortal and Fortune turn on each other you could then have 3D against Beer Money in tag matches, along with MCMG.

It's time for Bubba and Devon to step aside. We all know about their impressive achievements, and The Dudleys have had a good run as a tag team in the world of pro wrestling. I enjoyed 3D's feud with Beer Money last year, but other than that, they've been pretty stale. The Guns, Beer Money, and GenMe have all had outstanding matches with each other this year, and these teams should be the focus of TNA's tag team division.

Team 3D will most likely lose to the MCMG at Turning Point. I really, really hope that this will be it for Team 3D, because I do not want to see these two feud. There's a chance this could happen. One of these two could make a mistake during the tag team match, and this could cause a scuffle between Team 3D. I don't think anyone would care about seeing these two wrestle each other. Team 3D may still have some mystique left, but as singles wrestlers, they just wouldn't be that interesting.

I wish Team 3D would retire. But sadly, they won't be. This seems almost too obvious, and it seems like the perfect set up for yet another one of Russo's sad swerves. Sweerve! Oh my god, I didn't see that coming. It's quite possible either Bubba Ray will turn on Devon and they'll start up a feud as singles wrestlers, even though they're horrible on their own and in it'll be a feud no one gives two shits about... oor they'll join Immortal, they'll have help in beating the Guns in a massively silly swerve, and they'll become the new tag team champions and laugh at everyone for believing they'd retire.

No option makes me excited or interested (well, maybe them actually retiring). Team 3D is absolutely, bar none, the most overrated tag team in the history of wrestling. Why? Because there's lots of overrated tag teams, but they're the ones who've won all these championship while not being even close to one of the best tag teams around. Everytime they claim to be the best tag team in the history of the business, or they claim the fans have claimed they're that (as they did on Reaction), I have to laugh out loud. I sometimes wonder how they can even take themselves seriously when they say stuff like that. They can't even lick the balls of some of the greatest tag teams in the history of the business.

stale? I must have been watching a different team 3D.

Could be. I know that the Team 3D I watched are two fairly limited, out of shape middle aged men from New York that've been doing the exact same thing for 15 years. They've won every tag title worth winning, they've wrestled every team worth wrestling, what's to be gained by having yet another title run or really even being in the tag title scene at all? it's just time to step aside or come up with something fresh.

does the crowd not get excited when they are wrestling? does the crowd not chant something about tables when 3D bring out the tables?

You mean the crowd in the Impact Zone? The crowd that breaks into a "This is awesome" chant over the least little thing sometimes? The same crowd that chant's "Joe's gonna kill you" no matter how many times he loses? The same crowd that chanted to Jim Neidhart some months back "You've still got it"? It doesn't exactly take much to get a pop from the crowd at the Impact Zone. As for the tables, so what? You think the Dudleyz are the only two guys that get a pop whenever they pull a table from under the ring? It's standard issue now basically. In any company, the crowd gets excited whenever anyone pulls out a table.

You mean the crowd in the Impact Zone? The crowd that breaks into a "This is awesome" chant over the least little thing sometimes? The same crowd that chant's "Joe's gonna kill you" no matter how many times he loses? The same crowd that chanted to Jim Neidhart some months back "You've still got it"? It doesn't exactly take much to get a pop from the crowd at the Impact Zone.

^^^^ This is absolutely true.

However, it's hard for me to believe Team 3D is done. I remember reading not too long ago that they had re-signed with TNA, right around the time this "retirement" angle began.

My best guess would be Team 3D turns heel at the next PPV, against the Guns. Will they join Immortal? Or will they just plain turn heel? I don't know, but if I were a betting man, I would say this retirement thing is nothing more than kayfabe junk from Vince Russo.

Russo is obsessed with swerves. Granted, his swerves only make sense about half of the time, but he's obsessed with them anyhow. Do I like the possibility of Team 3D turning heel..again? No. I would like to see them hang em up. Don't get me wrong, I used to be a huge Dudley Boys fan. But they have accomplished everything they can, and are now just basically milking a paycheck.

I guess it's also possible they move into singles action..which without a doubt would end in disaster. Neither one of them have anything to offer in terms of singles action. TNA has some great tag teams right now; MCMG's, Beer Money, Generation ME, and I don't really mind Ink Inc. The Dudleys need to step aside, and pass on the knowledge, not hog the spotlight.

I didn't read every post, but those of which I did read - no one has mentioned this.

I think people are looking too far beyond this whole retirement angle. First, when any Wrestler claims they're going to retire; it almost never happens. (once in a blue moon, yes)

So, with that being said, I don't think Team 3D are meaning they're going to retire from Wrestling completely. Instead, I think they mean they're going to retire as a Tag Team and finally just go into single's wrestling.

And as far as the ppv goes. I can't see them winning the Championships, for the simple reason if they did; they'd do what with them? Retire and let the titles go up into a Tournament of some kind? What would that say about the Guns, that they can't even beat a team that's so old that they're retiring, regardless of the outcome? It'd be mocking the division by letting a team win the straps, only to retire and merely play hot potato with them.

2 reasons to have 3D around are PPV buys and ratings on Impact. a lot of people know 3D and would watch them. as great as MCMG are I bet there are a lot of general fans that don't know who they are.
as long as 3D aren't bad in the ring there's no reason to not have them around. who is there to feud between in TNA? MCMG. Beer Money. Ink Ink. Generation Me. that's 4 in order. 3D adds more you can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back