• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Team 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

gd

Plump, Juicy User
So, Team 3D was in the main event last night. It seems like they have a tables match every other week. Everytime I watch them I start to hate them more and more. I just don't get the appeal. Sure they are 97 time tag team champions, they were in the WWE, and they are over with the crowd. But to me, there is no reason to like them.

They aren't very good in the ring. Sure their hardcore matches can be entertaining, but who isn't entertaing in hardcore matches. Their promoms and backstage segments all consist of them yelling and talking about how they are the gods of tag team wrestling.

I definetly don't think they should have a featured role in TNA anymore, unless it is putting other tag teams over. They are well past their prime, and weren't that good to start with. Hopefully we see less and less of them in the near future and more and more of the Guns, Beer Money, and the Brititsh Invasion.

What are your thoughts? Do you like Team 3D now, do you want to see more or less of them?

So, Team 3D was in the main event last night. It seems like they have a tables match every other week. Everytime I watch them I start to hate them more and more. I just don't get the appeal. Sure they are 97 time tag team champions, they were in the WWE, and they are over with the crowd. But to me, there is no reason to like them.

They aren't very good in the ring. Sure their hardcore matches can be entertaining, but who isn't entertaing in hardcore matches. Their promoms and backstage segments all consist of them yelling and talking about how they are the gods of tag team wrestling.

I definetly don't think they should have a featured role in TNA anymore, unless it is putting other tag teams over. They are well past their prime, and weren't that good to start with. Hopefully we see less and less of them in the near future and more and more of the Guns, Beer Money, and the Brititsh Invasion.

What are your thoughts? Do you like Team 3D now, do you want to see more or less of them?

Team 3D not very good in the ring? Are you serious? Have you not seen their tag matches in TNA? They've put on great matches with the British Invasion, had a great feud with the X-division and the Motor City Machine Gunz, were the MVP's of the Monster's Ball match at Bound For Glory 08, had a great feud with LAX, had a great feud with Beer Money and so much more. The whole 4 years of so that Team 3D has been in TNA, they've only won the TNA tag titles on 2 occasions. All they've been doing is elevating the other tag teams. A big reason why Beer Money & LAX got over in the first place is because of their feud with 3D and how many times they put them over.

And you say they're out of they're prime.:wtf: How so? Brother Ray & D-Von are only 37 & 38 years old. That's around the same age as Edge, Christian, Big Show, and younger than Jericho. Are you trying to tell me those guys are also near or past their prime?? I mean seriously, you people are using the words without knowing the meaning. Just because you are so accomplished and been in the business for long doesn't make you "past your prime". Team 3D only became successful within this decade so they don't even belong in that category that you're trying to put them in.

Team 3D not very good in the ring? Are you serious? Have you not seen their tag matches in TNA?

I have, not that impressed.

They've put on great matches with the British Invasion,

Decent, thanks to the Brits.

had a great feud with the X-division

I don't remember it.

and the Motor City Machine Gunz,

Wasn't that great.

were the MVP's of the Monster's Ball match at Bound For Glory 08,

Their hardcore matches are entertaining, but that's about it.

had a great feud with LAX

Thanks to LAX

, had a great feud with Beer Money.

I'd hardly call it great.

The whole 4 years of so that Team 3D has been in TNA, they've only won the TNA tag titles on 2 occasions. All they've been doing is elevating the other tag teams. A big reason why Beer Money is over is because of their feud with Beer Money and how many times they put them over.

I agree, because they are so credible, they are able to put others over. Put at some point, the fact that they aren't very great means I don't want to see them anymore. Like you mentioned above, they've feuding with most of the teams on the roster, so maybe it's time for them to go.

And you say they're out of they're prime.:wtf: How so? Brother Ray & D-Von are only 37 & 38 years old.

Age is only a number.

That's around the same age as Edge, Christian, Big Show, and younger than Jericho. Are you trying to tell me those guys are also near or past their prime.

Aside from Big Show, none of those guys are overweight guys whose promos only consist of screaming and yelling.

I mean seriously, you people are using the words without knowing the meaning.

Last I checked, prime means the peak of someones career, when they were at their best. I don't think Team 3D is at their best in any way.

Just because you are so accomplished and been in the business for long doesn't make you "past your prime".

No, because Team 3D isn't that great any more makes them past their prime.

Lol at just sitting there and saying that all of Team 3D's great feuds in TNA were all because of their opponents. I'm sure a team that has been recognized all over and been in great feud after great feud has nothing to do with matches that they're in that come out to be godd-great. Okay man. Whatever floats your boat! If you want to be stubborn enough and not give them credit where it's due, so be it. All those feuds I named produced great matches. If you can't recall any which I'm sure you can't for most, then go look them up again.

And lol at having hatred for overweight people. So when you're overweight, it means you have nothing to contribute, right? I guess you're not a fan or Umaga or Samoa Joe's work either despite their good performances based on their weight. You say 3D yells. No, 3D knows how to work a crowd and has some of the best mic skills as a team. You claim they yell. Maybe they project their voice from time to time. Big deal! Christian Cage constantly yells on the mic so I guess he's worthless too, right?

Team 3D has had great feud after great feud throughout the years and even went to Japan to win the belts. They're at the best right now.

If you don't like Team 3D, you should've just made a thread titled I hate Team 3D because this is what this thread is basically about. It's blind hate!

I don't like Team 3D as a face tag team but they are one of the best heel tag teams in wrestling history. They are not burying everybody in TNA because Beer Money, British Invasion and Booker & Steiner are getting ther time as well. When it comes to hardcore matches, they can put on a damn good match. When they were heel I enjoyed seeing them and Bubba can work the mic better than anyone. Half the wrestlers in TNA are past their prime and they haven't been released so I don't see why Team 3D will be anytime soon.

I don't like Team 3D as a face tag team but they are one of the best heel tag teams in wrestling history.

I agree, maybe that's why I'm down on them at the moment, I did prefer them as a face team.

They are not burying everybody in TNA because Beer Money, British Invasion and Booker & Steiner are getting ther time as well.

I don't think I ever said they were burying anyone, I just want to see less of them.

When it comes to hardcore matches, they can put on a damn good match.

As long as there is blood inolved, a lot of people can. I actually prefereed BMI/BI to Angle and Morgan/3D last night, and they were both hardcore.

When they were heel I enjoyed seeing them and Bubba can work the mic better than anyone.

He just yells, I don't think he's that good.

Half the wrestlers in TNA are past their prime and they haven't been released so I don't see why Team 3D will be anytime soon

I don't think they should be released, I just want to see less of them. The other over the hill wrestlers in TNA, Angle, Nash, Booker, Steiner, Sting, and Foley, are at least interesting or still pretty good in the ring. I find 3D to be neither of these.

Team 3D still get's a good reaction from the crowd. I prefer them to be heel as well, especially when they bring out the cheese graders. I do enjoy their hardcore matches but I have to agree that they are getting pretty stale. They come out every week saying they are the greatest tag team of all time. Hmmm I guess they never wrestled The Road Warriors, Demoltion, The Andersons, or the Enforcers. Team 3D does put on a good show for the fans, but too much of them is overkill. They are the best when they are putting new tag teams over. Period. I don't think winning 22 championships makes you the best tag team of all time. I just think it means the booker doesn't have anyone else to give the belts too.

Bubba and Devon are badasses. They don't use a lot of fancy moves they just kick your ass. They aren't as good at it as the Minnesota Wrecking Crew, or Ole and Lars Anderson but I think they fit right in with The Black Jacks and Road Warriors. Last Week they had a great match with Morgan and Angle. They really did a great job of making the Brits look better than they are, and their matches with the best team in wrestling today Beer Money was excellent. Sure the type of wrestling they did in ECW put more miles on them than most guys their age but they are still one of the top three teams in the world.

I think that team 3D are living off the reputation they built during the attitude era in the WWE. In their prime (Its true, their past their best, doesnt make them bad, just not their best) they were one hell of a tag team. They somehow turned the most basic and simple moves and very basic promo skills into something that was entertaining to watch and a team you could either get behind or just hate.

I think team 3D had such a simple formula that even now when they aren't capable of their best that they can still keep things at least on a level where the fans who like the throwback to a better era won't falter in their support of this team.

Really they are living of reputation but still they keep around the 6/10 mark and in pro wrestling these days unfortunatley thats one of the better levels you will see.

Just my opinion

I don't see how people can sit there and say that 3D is past their prime. They're using more moves, they're working better as a team, they cut good promos, continually put on good feud after good feud, they continue to add onto their legacy with tag team gold. These guys do nothing but add to TNA with their credibility and I don't see how anybody that likes TNA can try to take away from them. Seriously, I can't think of one bad match that 3D has had in TNA but yet somehow they're past their prime?? This doesn't make any sense!

I guarantee that if they were wrestling in WWE, no one would call them past their prime. I'm tired of people(WWE marks, TNA haters, and especially TNA fans like GD) putting the stigma on accomplished wrestlers in TNA that they're past their prime simply because they're in TNA and being grouped with other veterans. If they were in WWE, no one would say that. I never hear any WWE fan or anyone period say that Kane, Goldust or someone as accomplished and old as HHH as "past their prime". I bet you if any of those guys were to show up in TNA, everyone would be calling HHH, Goldust & Kane as washed up. I barely see no other fan of any other promotion but TNA fans do this to vets in TNA. I mean just stop! TNA fans like GD do nothing but belittle TNA by making statements like this.

The guy that started this post and keeps trying to pick everone elses post's apart needs to realise that everything he said is only his opinon.

Like Brother Ray cant work the mix so you find him boring ? Well he gets a crowd reaction which is 90% what your trying to do on the mic, past their prime nope as i believe he said aswel age is just a number so your saying a 60 year old in ring veteran can last aslong as a young new talent like Aj Styles i dont think so did you see AJ vs Nash enough said.
They are also using alot more moves which was said by the guy above me which shows tehy are not past their prime.

The difference in my post and your post is that I have provided a statement with facts that link to it yours is simply full of opinons and therefore you will be biased in getting what you want.

The guy that started this post and keeps trying to pick everone elses post's apart needs to realise that everything he said is only his opinon.

Of course it's only an opinion, that's what these forums are about, sharing your opinions and trying to show that you are right.

Like Brother Ray cant work the mix so you find him boring ?

You mean the mic? Also, I never said I found him boring, more like annoying. Kind of like a 4 year old screaming.

Well he gets a crowd reaction which is 90% what your trying to do on the mic,

Agreed, he does get a crowd reaction, but I don't understand why. Sure Team 3D has a great legacy and whatnot, but it's not like they are particularly good on the mic. The best reaction they get in by simply saying the word "tables"

past their prime nope as i believe he said aswel age is just a number so your saying a 60 year old in ring veteran can last aslong as a young new talent like Aj Styles

I don't really follow you, but what I was saying was just because Chris Jericho may be older than Team 3D, he is in his prime because he is at his best now. Team 3D is obvioulsy not at their best.

i dont think so did you see AJ vs Nash enough said.

What?

They are also using alot more moves which was said by the guy above me which shows tehy are not past their prime.

How are they using a lot of moves? Name a few of them for me.

The difference in my post and your post is that I have provided a statement with facts

You didn't have one fact in your post.

that link to it yours is simply full of opinons

Yes, mine is full of opinions. What's your point?

and therefore you will be biased in getting what you want.

Uhh, that doesn't make any sense.

GD, I think everyone is missing your point. I must say, I agree with you, I'm kind of tired of seeing 3D on tv every single week. Also they do use tables matches quite a bit, not necessarily Team 3D, but just TNA in general, it seems to be their favorite stipulation. Your right they aren't very good in the ring either. They are your typical big men with a small moveset and a few double team moves. Their promo-bility as I call it, is decent at best too, but at least they've sort of improved on thei mic. I'm just tired of hearing ' Oh my brother, TESTIFY ' , I heard it enough in the WWE.

It's true , they have worked with every tag team in the division, but what's a division of tag teams if you don't see the same ones go at it right?

I liked 3D best in WWE when they were heels who put everyone through tables, including the female valets/wrestlers. I also liked when they went around in TNA using the tables with glass in it. Sadly, I'd say they are past their prime too, sure they are still popular, but as you noted, it's only because every other word involves ' tables " and " 22 time tag team champions " .

Also, they do put on great hardcore matches, but who wants to see a hardcore match, every single time a team wrestles.

Reactions: gd
I guarantee that if they were wrestling in WWE, no one would call them past their prime. I'm tired of people(WWE marks, TNA haters, and especially TNA fans like GD) putting the stigma on accomplished wrestlers in TNA that they're past their prime simply because they're in TNA and being grouped with other veterans. If they were in WWE, no one would say that. I never hear any WWE fan or anyone period say that Kane, Goldust or someone as accomplished and old as HHH as "past their prime". I bet you if any of those guys were to show up in TNA, everyone would be calling HHH, Goldust & Kane as washed up. I barely see no other fan of any other promotion but TNA fans do this to vets in TNA. I mean just stop! TNA fans like GD do nothing but belittle TNA by making statements like this.

Not sure what you are smoking bro... Goldust and Kane...they are past their prime, well and truly.

And HHH is also well past his. This does NOT mean that he is not still a main event draw, but with two quads torn off the bone at 40 years of age you cant tell me he can still do all the things he used to?

Everyone slows down, Triple H can still draw which is great but his prime is behind him.

And the fact that you mentioned Goldust and Kane in a list that is intended to show people not past their prime...thats just laughable..

I definetly don't think they should have a featured role in TNA anymore, unless it is putting other tag teams over.
Why shouldn’t they be featured in a role if people still want to see them and they can still go? They may not be as good as they once were but they are still good so I don’t see why they shouldn’t have a featured role in TNA.

And as far as putting other tag teams over, they’ve always done that in TNA. They did it a couple of years ago when they were feuding with LAX and they did it a few months ago with Beer Money. And they’ll probably continue putting other tag teams over until they decide to leave TNA.
They are well past their prime,
Team 3D past their prime? Are you serious? That’s just an asinine statement to make. If Team 3D are past their prime then a bunch of guys in the wrestling industry are past their primes. Brother Ray is just 38 years old and Brother Devon is 37. I don’t see how they are past their prime at all.
and weren't that good to start with.
I’m guessing you haven’t seen much of the original ECW?
Hopefully we see less and less of them in the near future and more and more of the Guns, Beer Money, and the Brititsh Invasion.
I don’t see why we should see less of them in the future. If there’s less of them then who is going to put over other tag teams that could use the rub?

I do however agree with you that there needs to be more Guns.
What are my thoughts?

Well I do like Team 3D and the stuff they were doing a while ago when they were feuding with Beer Money. I thought they had a great feud which was really entertaining and well done. As of right now, it appears that they are starting a feud with Steiner and Booker T so I’ll see how that plays out before I comment on it. I don't have high expectations for it so I won't be surprised if it's a decent little feud.

All in all, I do like Team 3D how they are now and I think they've been pretty good. I do think their days as heels were better but they are good right now as faces. Also, I don’t want to see more of them but I don’t want to see less. So they are getting featured on TV for the right amount of time.

I'm kind of on the fence on this one pimpin. I'll disagree with your opinion on Team 3D's entertainment value, but I definitely see where you're coming from. It's the fact that I've been a mark for The Dudley boys since I was a youngen, so it's a bit easier to look past their faults. I believe they are past their prime. I wont knock them for being out of shape because think they still move around pretty well, but their best is definitely behind them. The promos get kind of old, but I still mark out when I see them. I got to say though, If they were to lose their spots to The Guns, I wouldn't mind it a bit.

I'll take a stab at this one. In my opinion, while they've got a long history, are a couple of table-packin' bulldozers in the ring, and are pretty good performers in a hard brawling sort of way, I think they've become stale. The sort of things they're putting out there...aren't that different from what they put out in their beginnings. Their characters haven't evolved much if at all from that beginning and frankly that's the issue I take with them. I don't like 3D all that much (although I thought Little Spike Dudly was kind of funny) on the grounds that I've become bored with them. They can still do a decent hardcore match, fine, but from what I've seen, that's all they can do.

Their promos get their message across, but they haven't gotten any better than from their beginnings. I think they're salvageable, they just need to add a little complexity to their characters. Speaking of which, is "Brother, Testify" the only phrase Devon knows anymore? Has he forgotten how to speak any other words? Please, if all he can deliver is just one catch-phrase, then take this guy's voice away and have him try getting along without it the way that Abyss did for five years in his beginning.

Why shouldn’t they be featured in a role if people still want to see them and they can still go? They may not be as good as they once were but they are still good so I don’t see why they shouldn’t have a featured role in TNA.

In my opinion, because they are boring and stale and there are about 4 other tag teams I'd much rather see.

And as far as putting other tag teams over, they’ve always done that in TNA. They did it a couple of years ago when they were feuding with LAX and they did it a few months ago with Beer Money. And they’ll probably continue putting other tag teams over until they decide to leave TNA.

I agree, that fact that they've put teams over is a good thing, but at this point there really isn't anyone left for them to put over. British Invasion, maybe, but they are already over by joining the World Elite and being associated with the Main Event Mafia. You can only put others over for so long until there is nothing else for you to do.

Team 3D past their prime? Are you serious? That’s just an asinine statement to make.

What? How is that an asinine statement in any way? Do you have any concept of the word prime or the english language as a whole?

dictionary.com said:
the choicest or best part of anything.

How are Team 3D at their best part of their career right now? The aren't at their best in the ring and aren't at their best in kayfabe, not having held the tag titles much at all in TNA. I don't see how anyone can say that Team 3D is in their prime without coming off sounding like a complete tool.

If Team 3D are past their prime then a bunch of guys in the wrestling industry are past their primes.

Of course a bunch of guys in the wrestling industry are past their primes, I never said they weren't.

Brother Ray is just 38 years old and Brother Devon is 37. I don’t see how they are past their prime at all.

Age has nothing to do with it!

I’m guessing you haven’t seen much of the original ECW?

No, I haven't seen much. That was probably a bad statement for me to make, Team 3D was pretty good in the past, but I wouldn't consider them the greatest of all time. Since you have seen every wrestling match ever on youtube, you would know better than me.

I don’t see why we should see less of them in the future. If there’s less of them then who is going to put over other tag teams that could use the rub?

Who else are they going to put over?

I do however agree with you that there needs to be more Guns.

Just call 1-696-696-696

I was never trying to hate on Team 3D or be a "bad TNA fan", I was just giving my opinion. Of course some of you will disagree with it, but you can't deny that TNA is past their prime and not what they once were. Personally, I don't enjoy seeing them anymore, but I can see why some people are still fans of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back