Anyone miss weekend wrestling shows?

Mr.Fortuna

Luck is on my side
I sure as hell do. I remember back when WWF Jakked ran on Saturday Nights or when hEAT and Velocity were around. How about WWF Metal, which was JaKKed just with different match order.

What would you think bringing back say Shotgun Saturday Night or create a new weekend mid card to low card concept show.?

I agree with this. WWE should work out something with NBC to air Superstars or NXT on Saturday nights. It will probably get more ratings than its Tuesday or Thursday night time slot.

I do miss the weekend shows aswell, but they have to actually be wrestling on them, and none of that recap crap, because I hate when they do recap shows because they are pointless since everyone can go online and see and read what happened at a show, so they should have an actual wrestling show on the weekends like on saturday nights or sundays, dump Raw AM and do like a shotgun saturday night, or velocity, and have maybe like monthy tournments on those the weekend show to maybe like determine an contender for the us/ic title or tag titles because I am also sick of having someone beat the champ then the next week get a title shot, they just need to have tournments so we can get some real contenders for the ic/us title thus making them relvent again

Man, hell yeah I do. I used to love 6:05 PM on TBS WCW Saturday Night. I also miss saturday and sunday afternoon wrestling shows on FOX and USA. Those made the weekend more fun for me. I love the primetime time slots but they can at least have a staurday afternoon show to make those boring days go a little quicker.

Heat and Velocity were damn awesome. I fucking loved those shows. Sunday Night Heat right before a huge payperview = The smartest fucking thing WWE could do. We would get to see the undercard matches and it would hype us up for the big event.

God i hate the current "recap" shows they show 15 minutes before RAW in canada. Its annoying as shit. Same with PPV's. Re-cap shows=lame. GIVE ME HEEEEAT!

Hell, Cole, Tazz and i think Al snow at one point did a fantastic job at commentary for heat. I can still picture WWE in new york and cole actually not sucking. Dont know what happened to him over the years.

And velocity was always great shit. Id get to see a shit load of cruiserweight action and it was a great to see lesser smackdown stars when smackdown was amazing.

I Miss the weekend wrestling shows like NWA/WCW Main Event on Sundays because lets face it Sundays are really boring I Loved NWA/ WCW Saturday Night I Loved WWF All American Wrestling WWF Superstars those shows made the weekend not that bad, when you were in Grade School and a wrestling fan you could not wait for Saturday for one you could wake up at any time you like and two WRESTLING was on and you could watch your favorite wrestler on TV Granted on Monday nights like now there is wrestling but Kids can't watch it due to a bed time and school starting so putting a wrestling show back on Saturday or Sunday I sayYes they should put a Wrestling show back on the weekends.

i wouldnt mind seeing superstars and/or xpolision air on a major network on a saturday night as there isnt much popular shows if any on saturday nights so it might be a good idea and not much to complete with :shrug:

I was old enough to stay up late for Raw when it first premiered on Monday nights. I got in to wrestling by watching Superstars and All American on Saturday mornings. At this time if there was a Raw I would have never known since I was in bed by 9pm.

I don't understand why the WWE doesn't have kid friendly programming on basic cable or local networks on Saturday morning. It seems like the kid audience is most likely going to be in front of the TV at that time without supervision. Whether it is an original program or toned down version of Raw I would be trying to put it out in front of the kids.

the idea of having a weekend show to decide things like #1 contenders i would also have gimmick nights like #1 contenders match 4 the us/Ic/Cw (hopefully)belts and each match a 4 way or 6pack challenge i miss saturday night live. We have a weekend show its just on the wrong day lol (Superstars)

In New York on Saturday mornings and early afternoon, a good amount of tv stations play infomercials. I don't see why WWE, as a test, pay a network infomercial rates for an hour's worth of programming. They can air Superstars of something similar and see if that network draws a decent rating, provided that WWE promotes the hell out of it.

If it works, maybe the network would then bring the show on full time. If not, hell you tried it for a month of two and oh well.

But unlike the WGN/Superstars fiasco where WGN felt they were ripped off by WWE initially placing main eventers on the show only to replace them by lower midcards and development guys. Whatever network tries this will know excactly what they're getting before hand.

I would love for them to return to a late night time slot, when I was younger I loved staying up untill 11:30 to watch Shotgun, I felt so grownup. That or a Saturday afternoon.

When I was younger, say 6 or 7, my parents thought I was too young to watch wrestling with them. They would watch Raw every Monday but they wouldn't let me or my brother watch with them. So I had to wait until Saturday, when they worked, to watch. I remember Shotgun and WCW Worldwide coming on in the afternoon and I would watch it religiously. Then there was Shotgun Saturday Night (when my parents were asleep and I was supposed to be asleep) and the early show on Sundays, I think it was called Superstars. As a kid with no cable, it was pretty much the only thing to look forward to on the weekends other than cartoons.

I did watch Sunday Night Heat when it still mattered. You know, before they put it on MTV and stopped caring about it. Never got into Velocity though. Saturdays have never been a day to watch wrestling for me.

To be honest, I could care less if they were to bring weekend shows back. They always put some effort into it in the beginning but they quickly give up on it. Superstars and NXT were shining examples of this. I have no intention of sitting and watching dark matches that were taped for television. If they were worth watching, they wouldn't be dark matches. I know a lot of you are into the matches on Superstars but I just find it all incredibly boring.

I say, let sleeping dogs lie. We already have 4 hours of wrestling on TV every week and another 2 if you watch NXT and Superstars on the internet. No need to put it on the weekends too where likely no one is going to watch it.

I started watching in November of 2007, so weekend shows were long before my time. But I'd really like having a Saturday night show. During the week, I, myself, have school, and others have work, so more times often than not I find myself studying or doing school work and missing Raw or Smackdown.

Nope. in Australia we get the whole week replayed with Raw and NXT on Saturday and Smackdown and Superstars on Sunday afternoons and TNA Impact is shown on Saturday nights.

I do miss Sunday Night Heat though, well when it was a cross brand show and lead ups to the PPV's

I started watching in November of 2007, so weekend shows were long before my time. But I'd really like having a Saturday night show. During the week, I, myself, have school, and others have work, so more times often than not I find myself studying or doing school work and missing Raw or Smackdown.

You could always tape them and watch them on the weekends. Just saying :p
for me i am at work when Raw and Smackdown air so i DVR and watch it when i get home we also get it replayed 2hrs later on a second channel so could watch that instead.

When I first got into wrestling in the 80's, it wasn't on prime time TV at all. WWF, AWA and NWA (as well as other territories) had Saturday morning/afternoon shows, and were largely infomercials to get people to come to the house shows. There was also NWA/WCW's 2-hour Saturday night show and the occasional Saturday Night's Main Event on NBC.

Right now, I think WWE's problem is that they have too much going on. They're focusing on quantity over quality. They'd be better off killing Superstars and NXT, shutting down WWE Films and scaling back the number of PPV's a year. However, I know that will never happen as it would cut into their revenue.

They do have weekend shows but they are replays of WWE Raw and WWE SmackDown! on UNIVERSAL HD. They air Raw, Smackdown, Raw, Smackdown in this order starting at 7pmet/6pmct and bill as WWE Saturday Nights. I say they could if the wanted to keep it in the NBC Universal Family they could air WWE Superstars and WWE NXT on 1 of their sister channels like Universal HD, Oxygen, Bravo, Cloo, Chiller, or air it on NBC weekends and fit it in their locals programming it's that easy when you think about it. But figuring out what channel might be the challenge. Back to the O.P. yeah I miss them, and I used to tape them like WWF Shotgun, Metal, Jakked, Heat, Velocity, Confidential, Bottom Line, Superstars, All American Wrestling, LiveWire or WCW Shows like WCW Pro, Worldwide, WCW Saturday Night. All these shows helped the mid-carders and the rookies. So the WWE and TNA cold both benefit from these types as a way to showcase the entire roster and not just a few. Shows like these helped guys like The Undertaker, Hogan, Flair, Savage, Yokozuna, HBK, Triple H, Sting, Luger, The 4 Horsemen, and this list goes on forever.

They already have Superstars for the midcard to low card concept show. It serves the purpose that Heat and Velocity used to, so there is no point in bringing those shows back.

Now the thread is asking about weekend wrestling shows.... I really miss Saturday Night's Main Event in particular and would have really liked to see that stick around longer. However bringing even that back would no longer be necessary due to Smackdown guys appearing on Raw now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back