Anonymous Raw General Manager....

OYDK

King Of The Ring
Alright, so on Raw we saw the return of the "Anonymous Raw General Manager", meaning we saw the return of a laptop and some stupid text sounds from one of the worst periods of the modern era. At the end of Raw, I wasn't very happy to say the least, but still, I'm not panicked as I see them finally tying up this loose end and giving us an answer to one of the more memorable unfinished angles in WWE history. Not too much to say here, just wondering what your thoughts are on this development.

Where is WWE going with this?

Are we finally going to find out who the Anonymous Raw GM was all along? If so, who do you think it will be?

Were you happy with the ending of Raw?

It was a pretty good cliffhanger. I'm interested in seeing where it will go, although I don't see how they can have a satisfying pay-off. I kind of want to see Eric Bischoff return. But really, I don't want another authority angle. Give me at least a year of different kinds of feuds.

I did think it added a certain kind of punch to the finale, which was otherwise very mediocre.

I guess we just can't have a show where the announcers tell us what the matches are going to be and that's it. With the arc's and storylines so prevalent in today's product, we need someone to let's say steer the ship.

I think the era of the Evil Boss is over for a little while anyway, it was just so predictable. Every week you knew the faces were most often than not in the crapper, only occasionally the Evil Boss got their asses handed to them.

If we have a manager like Daniel Bryan every week then that becomes predictable as well. Although Concession's Kane and Ryback were hilarious last night. We really need a tweener, someone like Teddy Long, who will see that the matches are evenly made, but I don't think there is anyone on the roster who could do that right now.

Last time wasn't it Hornswoggle sitting under the ring with his laptop sending out the messages. God forbid it's him again, they wouldn't dare go down that route again. That was nothing sort of a disaster.

What I think will happen is we'll see an interim GM put in place, while they are figuring out what to do with the Authority. Like Vince said last night, they'll find a way to fix the problem of the Authority being ousted.

I think what bothers me the most is the is a crucial time of the year. The Rumble is around the corner and Mania isn't that far behind. We have no WWE Champion showing up for work, and now the flagship show seems to be paddling in circles for the time being. Don't have much faith that anyone knows what they're doing over there.

I am not thrilled. WWE didn't go anywhere with this earlier; I doubt they have anything interesting to do with it this time.

Authority figures need to stay away for a while. And as far as anonymous GM goes, I can't see anything good coming out of thos. The only effective anonymous GM could be Vince, and even that doesn't make any sense.

I wasn't expecting anonymous GM, so yeah they surprised me with the end of RAW. But that's about it.

Hornswaggle was confirmed as the Anonymous RAW GM at RAWork 1000.

I think they only done that as original plans for the Anon RAW GM fell through.

Last time loads of people expected Sting to be the Anon RAW GM.

Who knows, he got the Authority fired so maybe he really is the GM this time...ready to reveal himself just before Wrestlemania to fight HHH who wants revenge for taking the power from him...sounds possible if you ask me..

Someone else touched on this yesterday, I cannot remember who it was. Not specifically about the anonymous RAW GM, but about what I believe the point of it all could be.

There's an old expression that I'm sure many of you have heard. "The devil you know is better than the one you don't", or something to that effect. While the reign of terror of the Authority may have been bad, I think subjecting all of us to another run with that annoying goddamn laptop, with the annoying noise that it makes (which was even more annoying at the end last night when it wouldn't stop), could potentially be even worse. As we approach December, we are heading into one of the deadest periods of the year in WWE. With Thanksgiving in a couple of days, followed by Christmas in a few weeks, ratings will likely be lousy anyway. Combine this with the playoff run in the NFL, and any other distractions which this time of year may bring, and giving us a throw away period is not really all that bad, as this period will likely be bad anyway. I'm not suggesting that WWE will simply tank a whole month and not try to entertain us, I'm sure they will try to keep the in ring product as compelling as it was last night :rolleyes: However, this seems to be an appropriate time to experiment with the nuisance of the RAW Anonymous GM again.

By the time January rolls around, we will all be sick to death of it, and then as we head towards the Royal Rumble and ultimately the road to Wrestlemania, one of two things can happen. The identity of the laptop could be revealed, and hopefully it would be something less of a let down than Hornswoggle. Or what I think it will be is option two, that being, the Authority is brought back into power again. Not necessarily all of them (not sure if there is any validity to the Steph is pregnant rumors, if so she will be off screen for an extended period of time), as I don't see a rebirth of the authority exactly as it was. I don't see Seth Rollins, and Kane, and all of these guys necessarily being involved, in fact, I don't necessarily think the Authority returns in a heel capacity. After a month or so of flashing lights, annoying computer noises, and edicts from the pulpit from Michael Cole, which will be irritating but could also be doing a bad job, Triple H returns to a position of Authority, to clean up the damage done by the laptop. After all, that would be best for business. And he did say that without him there, the place would fall apart and you'd be begging to see him back after a few weeks of chaos. That's what I see happening. An return to authority by Triple H, not as the power hungry heel who is out screw everyone but rather, as the guy with the love of the business who is back to save his family's company, which he is passionate about, because having him in power rather than some stupid gimmick really is, best for business.

Hearing that iphone text tone and then seeing that bloody laptop was a terrible way to end a show. Not only was Survivor Series pretty good, we were also promised a 'new era'... apparently one of the worst GM angles in recent memory is a new era.

It's almost like they look for ways to genuinely disappoint and annoy viewers. Survivor Series ended with the debut of Sting, a man that has never set foot inside a WWE ring... it was a surreal moment. On Raw? We get the return of the Anonymous GM, hold me I don't think I can handle the excitement.

Like others have already said I'd be happy without a GM, we don't need one and I'm absolutely sick to death of authority figures both face or heel.

I think the anon raw gm will only be there next week. I think each week someone different will be in charge of raw, maybe former gms such as Booker T, Foley, etc.

I was alone at home and watching this and I just had a honest reaction to the GM sound. I just went "Oh no fuck me" and just died a little bit inside.

This whole RAW was a complete and utter mess. It was garbage in its purest form. Concesions Kane and the AJ Lee promos were the best thing about RAW. Seeing D-Bry back was ok I guess but that doesn't make up for the shit RAW. It was horrible, I almost skipped the entire thing just trying not to get more and more depressed. Also, I'm sick and tired of the same Big Show promo and frankly of Big Show himself. Yeah I know Eric Rowan is gonna feud with him and beat him and suplex him to show off his strenght. I know another guy who showed off his strenght and suplexed Big Show, where is he now? Not even on the fkn card.

Can't believe after a good SS they pull this crap. Dean Ambrose being put in an IC title match made no sense whatsoever. Bleah...so dissapointed.

The ending was garbage, this might just make me skip RAW altogether for a while and just read spoilers. Cause I know how all the matches are gonna go and I know they are gonna repeat the same match every single RAW so why am I watching when I can read it and be done in about 5 min?

Horrible, horrible RAW. If I was fan that was not sure about subscribing to their damn network or not. After Survivor Series, I would be inclined to say yes, after this RAW they just made it clear that nothing has changed. Same ol' same ol'. God I hope the WWE Network fails hard so they can wake up and start making a lil bit of effort and lol at Sting already being out of town after walking for 1 minute and staying in the ring doing nothing for 5.

That sound! That horrible horrible sound! *looks to the left and sees a podium* NOOOO! * runs frantically in a desperate attempt to escape the horror* THIS ISN'T REAL! WAKE UP! *wakes up in a hospital bed with his arms and legs severed* Oh thank God, it was only a dream. *Doctor stands with his back to me* Hey doc, sponge bath? *Doctor turns around to reveal a laptop for a head which repeatedly makes that sound* NOOOO!

This has been my Grand Guignol submission, I hope it wasn't too traumatic.

The crowd was on fire, and a big ass wet blanket was thrown on them. Was the show really so chaotic that an anonymous GM had to step in and announce that changes would be made? Under whose authority does some guy make orders through a fucking laptop?

This is one of those moments where I stop just rolling with whatever garbage they throw at me and actually ask myself if this turn of events makes a difference beyond just being a fucking stupid waste of time. Sure, the point of bringing it back probably had more to do with a random brainfart on part of creative that had nothing to do with intending to enhance the experience for the audience.

And another thing I... that fucking sound is still playing in my head. I.. okay. Grade School gave us all many many challenges in life. For everyone, there was always that annoying directionless jack-ass who acted as though being an annoying prick would one day pay off. Apparently it has, he/she got a job writing for the WWE. Sometimes we normies experiment with them, we see how long they'll take their annoying bullshit while realizing that they're putting in a ton of effort just to spite you. I sat watching, wondering how far they would take this.

*bra-ring* *bra-ring* *bra-ring*

I'm canceling my network subscription.

well I enjoyed this RAW a bit, it wasnt that horrible for me as was for the others, I was enjoying the end when Cena, Ziggler and Bryan were standing in the ring and I was like "yea that was a pretty fine show, lets see if SmackDown! will bring something new and then next Monday's RAW" but then I got killed. When the freaking sound of that computer hit for the first time, I was like "oh my f...n god, is this really happening now?" They could do soooooo much after ending the Authority storyline and what did they do? they fu.ked it all up with that computer, I wanna cry :banghead:

When that ringtone first started I looked at my phone and wondered why it was beeping but not showing anything....

Then the realization of the ringtone coming from my TV sunk it. My face was filled with dread. I let out a silent "no please....don't....".

Then I saw the podium and I screamed in horror. I cringed hard at Cole saying those evil words. Then the laptop kept on beeping and beeping....

...I screamed at my TV. I whipped my TV remote across the room and almost broke my TV. I raged so hard. I have never been so angry in my life. RAGE...I grabbed a bottle of vodka and began chugging it back trying to drown out that stupid ringtone. RAGE. I started crying and blacked out.

I woke up this morning in a cold sweat. I had horrible nightmares. Why does WWE do this to me? I swear they literally sit around all day and instead of saying "How do we make the product better?", they say "What can we do to anger our fans and make the product worse?":banghead:

I thought RAW was okay last night. The thing that annoyed me most was Rusevs segment. He must say the pledge of alligiance or battle Royale for his title. Was looking forward to the battle Royale. And he did neither.

There's an old expression that I'm sure many of you have heard. "The devil you know is better than the one you don't", or something to that effect. While the reign of terror of the Authority may have been bad, I think subjecting all of us to another run with that annoying goddamn laptop, with the annoying noise that it makes (which was even more annoying at the end last night when it wouldn't stop), could potentially be even worse.

Y'know, originally I thought something like this was going to happen as well. I just hope to god this isn't the route they're going because I really don't want to have to subject myself to dealing with that god damn laptop for 2 months...

Quite honestly, it makes sense though. One of the only things that can make an Authority return look enviable is that laptop. However Paul Heyman, or maybe Eric Bischoff could do the job just as well imo... A guy can dream right? I sincerely hope that the "Anonymous Raw GM" is revealed next week, if not I'll be upset.

First Ziggler and Ryback get rebooted post-HiaC, and now the Anonymous GM has been brought back.
In addition, Randy Orton has also turned back into a vicious Tweener-Face type take no prisioners character as well.

It seems as if the WWE is trying to re-write the wrongs of before and are experimenting to try to make the product better again.
Given I missed the first AGM storyline, I am one of very few who is actually looking forward to seeing how this plays out and for how long it takes until the reveal(Which better be good).

Does this mean Michael Cole is turning heel again? How the hell would that work? On the plus side, JBL's reaction to the laptop was priceless.

This bit with the Anonymous GM makes it seem as if H is continuing the Troll the audience from beyond the grave (or post Authority). The reaction from smark and casual fan has been pretty hilarious. The segment was a nice cliffhanger heading into RAW next week. I don’t expect the AGM will be around very long.

There was something about Cole at the end that just screamed evil. Could he be the New Head MF’r in Charge?

I think 2010-middle 2011 were two awful years because this stupid GM..
the only thing i thought about this today is to make us want The Authority will back..
or maybe this is The Authority!:/

I think the anon raw gm will only be there one week. I also think maybe they are making raw bad like the weak ME so HHH can say he was right about what would happen if Authority were out of power

I was so glad to see the Laptop, I know most people hated it but I think that was the idea. If they unveiled a face GM, half the fans would hate him because he's a face. The Anonymous Raw GM got hate from everyone, which makes it a great heel GM. Not saying I'm happy we have another "on screen" GM but they weren't going to stop doing GM's.

Ideas for who it is:
Hornswoggle-he was the last time but also by storyline he is Vince's son. So Vince takes Trips/Stephs power and gives it to another of his "kids". Plus he wasn't on Raw anyway.
Triple H-Here me out on this one, they were stripped of their position..I know! But, they still have their desk jobs. So what do you do at a desk job? You send emails!?
Vince-Vince has been getting cheers on Raw, would be a quick and easy way to bring him back as a heel.

Not a fan of the anonymous gm thing. I hate it. Its stupid and uncreative. WWE is starting to get like how wcw was in 200-2001.
Garbage storylines, bad matches, cookie cutter wrestlers(No one standing out), not creating new stars.

Recycled shit. smh

No one cares about gm's or evil boss anymore. Its so played out these days.

Its the wrong kind of heat, and a storyline that they already wrapped up in the most limp dick way possible with Hornswaggle of all people. Its pretty much what Meltzer said.

I laughed hard, then harder when i saw Cena and even Cole laughing at it, but what pushed me over the edge in sheer hysteria was the beeping button constantly beeping. It was just funny in a "holy shit we are nearing WCW 2000 soon enough"

What is wrong with it, is that its another authority heel figure that makes lives for the babyfaces hell. If Bischoffs favorite feud is the heel cool stable that invades, and then he regurgitates it again and again past its lifespan, then Vince McMahons favorite feud is the heel authority figure. They lasted 24 hours without a heel authority figure.

I am sure the secret GM will help the heels win matches and it will all end up in a wet fart, like the original story did

I'm pretty sure the Anonymous GM gimmick is meant to be a one night only type of thing. Monday is "Cyber Monday," and WWE is just letting the laptop host RAW because it's sort of topical like Larry the Cable Guy, Grumpy Cat, and Todd Chrisley.

At least, that's what I WANT to believe. I wouldn't put it past WWE, the same company who thinks I'm interested in watching a guy in a bunny costume wrestle, to regurgitate a terrible storyline down our throats just for kicks because they couldn't think of anything better. Like one of the above posters said, perhaps this angle is only meant to be a "throwaway" angle to last for the next few months and carry us to WrestleMania where there will probably be a match to determine who will control the company going forward.

You are reacting from past experiences with this.Maybe this time around it will not be a heel angle,maybe this anonymous raw gm is fair,They made Cole a heel last time but let's wait and see if it's the same shtick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back