And the new Champion is????

The Viper

Occasional Pre-Show
So i was thinking today......... I was thinking if i was part of the wwe creative team what would i do to shake things up??? Something historic! Something not one single person would expect. And what is it that none of us would expect right now? A new champ crowned on free tv. Why would we not expect that? Well lets see

WWE Champ- John Cena

He was just crowned champ at Bragging Rights and has a triple threat already scheduled for survivor series. So theres no way any of us would expect him to lose his title on raw

US Champ- The Miz

I guess if Miz were to lose it wouldn't actually be historic but nobody would see it coming, if he were to lose his title right now i would be pissed! with all the momentum this guy is building i hope he's champ for a long time

World Champ- Undertaker

Same as Cena. Has a scheduled triple threat match at SS so nobody would expect him to lose on SD

IC Champ- John Morrison

Same as miz. Wouldn't be historic if he were to lose on SD but who would expect it? he's another rising star who needs a long title run

ECW Champ- Christian

We've seen him defend his title plenty of times on free tv, granted they were all great matches. We all knew he was going to retain. His job right now is to stay champ and elevate young talent, without the title being on the line those matches wouldn't be as exciting

Unified Tag Champs- Jerishow

These 2 are part of the triple threat at SS for the world title, it wouldn't make sense for them to lose the tag titles, because i believe they will lose the tag titles when they turn on eachother and thats just not ready to happen just yet

So this brings me to my topic, Who would i make lose their title? Which title changing hands on free tv would make the most impact???

I say Cena's! Who would i have beat him? Well none other then the IC champ John Morrison!

Now let me explain before you call me an idiot and stop reading! I KNOW THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN! But what if on raw this Monday Ozzy says he wants to make the biggest impact as guest host so hes making a Champ Vs Champ match Winner Takes All John Cena vs John Morrison! As soon as the match was announced us fans would say "wow the WWE title isn't good enough for Cena?!?! he needs the IC title too?!" But we would of course still watch anyway. Then outta nowhere Morrison gets a rollup and a clean pinfall on Cena!!!! We would all go nuts! Even if you like Cena, anybody would be excited this happened just because its a rising star beating the face of the company for its most coveted title. Then at SS its a fatal 4 way for the title, with Morrison Retaining by pinning Cena!

Now why do i think this would be good? look at how much it would build up the IC title! If the WWE Champ was holding it? I know this takes a midcard title off SD but for a short amount of time they could do that without any major damage, then Vince could make Morrison defend it on smackdown saying he stole it when he jumped ship to raw or something. Then he could drop the IC title to Ziggler (Ziggler winning in cheating fashion of course) and still be WWE Champ feuding with the likes of Cena, HBK, Orton and eventually when hes ready The Awesome one The Miz!

Once again i know this isn't going to happen, just thought the idea sounded awesome, i would like to hear some more awesome ideas. So what do you guys think? Who would you have lose their title on free tv? Who would you have beat them for the strap? And why?

alright good concept and here are three possible scenarios WWE could do:
CENA
1: The Osbourne get talked in to a WWE title match between Cena and MVP where about halfway between the match Orton interferes in the match costing Cena the title and the Osbourne's decide to make SS a Fatal Four Way and put Orton in a match against Henry the next week thus we get two superstars getting a push for the main event status at the same time.
2: Kofi walks out on Raw and challenges Cena to a non title match and if he wins gets added to the SS match Cena comes out and agrees but says you need to ask my opponents as well and DX comes out and says sound good.Then Ozzy comes on the TITAN TRON and says it is official that will be the main event for tonight
3:there is a blockbuster trade where Ozzy trades away Orton for another superstar and they get a title shot immediately that night. Now with this said I would trade for one of the following superstars ECW: Paul Burchill or Ezekiel/ SMACKDOWN: M Hardy, CM Punk, or Knox thus shaking up the rosters a little and throwing Orton on Smackdown although interesting rivalries would not be as funny as the fans seeing him go to ECW to help put over the younger generation.
TAKER
1: After SS successful defense have him challenged by either Batista, KANE, or Finley and drop it to one of the first two.
2: Teddy hold a tournament for new #1 contender and have one of the following win it Batista, Hardy, or Mysterio and have punk interfere in the following title match and cost the deadman his title
3: Teddy decides that at the TLC PPV there will be a 4 man elimination match for the title With the CHAMP vs Batista vs REY vs KANE with Kane winning.
ECW:
leave it alone for a while fine the way it is until FEB PPV then have Christian drop it to Regal who at MANIA drops it to Yoshi, ZAK, or Burchill.

This is pointless. Over the past year, every single title has changed hands on "free tv." "Free TV" isn't free anyway considering you pay your cable bill. Why would it shake things up? And what would it achieve? Nothing. Why would you throw a major title to someone who isn't ready to carry it? Plus there's 1252 threads like this where "If I were part of the creative team, I would..." Well, good for you.

This is pointless. Over the past year, every single title has changed hands on "free tv." "Free TV" isn't free anyway considering you pay your cable bill. Why would it shake things up? And what would it achieve? Nothing. Why would you throw a major title to someone who isn't ready to carry it? Plus there's 1252 threads like this where "If I were part of the creative team, I would..." Well, good for you.

Agreed. Honestly this is just another "I hate Cena so here's how I'd take the title off him and give it to one of my favorites" thread.

How would it push the prestige of the IC title? In all likelyhood, Morrison would end up forfeiting it right away. Even if he didn't and ended up losing it to Ziggler as earlier outlined, it then makes Morrison look weak again. "I can beat John Cena, but not Dolph Ziggler." That's just ridiculous.

Shock for the sake of shock isn't productive. You don't believe me, watch any of the Nitro's from 1999 on.

Agreed. Honestly this is just another "I hate Cena so here's how I'd take the title off him and give it to one of my favorites" thread.

How would it push the prestige of the IC title? In all likelyhood, Morrison would end up forfeiting it right away. Even if he didn't and ended up losing it to Ziggler as earlier outlined, it then makes Morrison look weak again. "I can beat John Cena, but not Dolph Ziggler." That's just ridiculous.

Shock for the sake of shock isn't productive. You don't believe me, watch any of the Nitro's from 1999 on.

What he said. ^ He just found a nicer way to say it. I just have a mindset that people learn from their mistakes quicker when they're called out on their complete and utter stupidity.

John Morrison could feud with Cena, Taker, HBK, Orton, HHH... and then "once he's ready," he can take on a midcard star that's just won his first singles title in The Miz. I mean... I'm completely baffled by the stupidity of that statement.

"Take the midcard title from Smackdown for "short time" and give it to the WWE Champ." OMGZ IT WOULDS MAKES IC TITLE BIGGERZ!!! No. It wouldn't. Nobody... holding ANY title... for a SHORT TIME elevates that title... whatsoever.

I have to go to work so I can't continue the stupidity of this.

i would have john morrison lose the IC Title to Dolph Ziggler because Mr Ziggles needs a title to keep him relevant at the moment but thats another thread, i'd then have undertaker drop the title to Punk maybe have have Punk cheat somehow, then have Scott Armstrong come out and tell Punk he as to defend the title against John Morrison, who would of course win. This would lead to a long World Title reign and push for Morrison and maybe a feud with Taker, as well as intensifying the Punk/Armstrong feud and opening the door for a Dolph Ziggler push and some new storylines for the Intercontinental Championship

OK look I am actually a fan of Cena's and in my post I was just saying to shake up the title picture to bring new blood in the main event picture so I agree with what everybody is saying and at the same time maybe somebody out there needs to let their creative juices flow know what I mean

Badstreet said:

I just have a mindset that people learn from their mistakes quicker when they're called out on their complete and utter stupidity.

John Morrison could feud with Cena, Taker, HBK, Orton, HHH... and then "once he's ready," he can take on a midcard star that's just won his first singles title in The Miz. I mean... I'm completely baffled by the stupidity of that statement.

"Take the midcard title from Smackdown for "short time" and give it to the WWE Champ." OMGZ IT WOULDS MAKES IC TITLE BIGGERZ!!! No. It wouldn't. Nobody... holding ANY title... for a SHORT TIME elevates that title... whatsoever.

I have to go to work so I can't continue the stupidity of this.

Haha you guys crack me up....I need to spread my rep around some more, dammit. Yes, the shock lasts maybe for a few days, and then Morrison would have to end up forfeiting the Intercontinental title anyway. Yes, he is way over and super talented but he needs more time and character development before he gets any time as the champ and the face of the company.

Having Morrison forfeit the IC title would be stupid. That would be comparing the title to the WWE title and thus losing the appeal it's been slowly gaining since april. Everybody wants their favorite new superstars to be on top, but the truth is they need to work for it. When was the last time you saw Big Show challenge for a world title? April. And god knows how long it's been since HBK has. True, it's not introducing new people into the title picture, but it's at least changing things up a little bit. The only person I can see losing their title soon would be the Undertaker because he doesn't keep it that long ever. Give it to Big Show and have him lose it to Jericho, who then feuds with a returning Edge. I would much more like to see Morrison win the RR and win a world title at Wrestlemania than at a smaller PPV. But that's just me. Hell, let him lose the title to Mr Ziggles by not being pinned in a triple threat match on SD, and then he can eliminate him in the Royal Rumble and go on to win it. Just my POV though.

I would'nt mind seeing John Morrison as wwe champ that would be fantastic. But if I were to shake things up 1st I would cmbine all 3 brands and still come on 4 times a week plus monthly ppv's
Personally I would have Drew mcintyre beat cena for the title then pin HBK at Survivor Series in the Fatal 4 way.

Also I would have Matt hardy win the title clean in a 6 man battle royal elimination with

matt hardy
rey mysterio
batista
Taker
Cm punk
kane and have kane turn on taker and eventually have hardy win with a clean pin on Rey Mysterio.

I would"nt mind seeing john morrison aswwe champ that would be fantastic. ut if I were to shake things up 1st I would cmbine all 3 brands and still come on 4 times a week plus monthly ppv's
Personally I would have Drew mcintyre beat cena for the title then pin HBK at ss in the fatal 4 way.

Also I would have Matt hardy winthe title clean in a 6 man battle royal elimination with

matt hardy
rey mysterio
batista
Taker
Cm punk
kane and have kane turn on taker and eventually have hardy win with a clean pin on Rey Mysterio.

One of the things we've discussed in the past is WWE talent becoming champions early on in their career and what detriments this can cause to their long-term career.

In essence, before becoming a champion and actually taken seriously as a champion, it almost seems as though today's fans do indeed have a "pay your dues" mentality .... ESPECIALLY when it comes to those who are awarded either of the Heavyweight Championships.

My question to you is do you see any repercussions to giving Drew McIntire the title and a win over John Cena, not to mention defeating Shawn Michaels this early in his career? Why or why not? Has he done anything to necessarily earn a title shot? Would a trip through the Midcard Division alleviate some of that concern and help prolong his career?

My question to you is do you see any repercussions to giving Drew McIntire the title and a win over John Cena, not to mention defeating Shawn Michaels this early in his career? Why or why not? Has he done anything to necessarily earn a title shot? Would a trip through the Midcard Division alleviate some of that concern and help prolong his career?

Oh I can definitely see repercussions to that scenario. Yes McIntire is good and will likely be a future champ, but to have him in essence steamroll Cena and Michaels within a month would be ludicrous. It would make Cena and those before him as champ and Michaels look like chumps. It's almost unbelievable to think that could happen. Yes it would be shocking, but not in a good way. The fans would crap on pretty quick I think. Also it would kill his career. If he were to perform in the main event and win a championship already and defeat one of the greatest superstars ever at one of the WWE's biggest PPV's, then it would be expected and demanded he perform at that level here on out. He could not move backwards, it would make him look pathetic to go from being a champion this soon to being back in the mid-card. He'd never recover from it.

So yes, the only option is to have him take a trip through the mid-card level and earn the right to become champion. I'm tired of seeing people thrust down our throats by them getting tossed right into championship feuds, even for mid-card titles. It needs to go back to the stage of wrestler's earning their spots and their titles. If you make people champs to soon, you get the L&L effect. (L&L = Lesnar & Lashley). You get people who get to big to soon and become egotistical arses that just don't last long. If you want McIntire to stick around for a while, let him earn his spot. When and only when he does that, then have him beat Cena and Michaels.

I agree with some wrestlers having to pay their dues, but in these times and with so many older guys going down to injuries and such, a young guy should win one of the big titles out of nowhere and once he loses it, make them be a chaser for the title for a few years as a way of paying back for the quick, sudden push.

I feel that sometimes having someone automatically start out as a main eventer can sometimes be a good thing. In this day and age a lot of the main eventers in the WWE are older guys. Who knows when they will go down with an injury and how long they could be out? Giving those guys a huge push such as that could be a good thing.

However, watching someone pay their dues has a great payoff. Not only does it give them a great feeling, but it gives us, the fans, a great feeling too. Whereas if you were to give the belt to someone right off the top like Drew McIntyre, what has the guy done to deserve to even go over the champion? Why does he suddenly get the nod compared to someone whose been there and has paid their dues and come up through the roster to start main eventing.

Plus I feel that if someone receives a championship match and win in said match at the start of their career , that it truly is make or break. If his reign is a fluke and he can't handle it, it could essentially ruin his career and place in the business, or it can build a huge star instantly. It depends on the guy, but most of the current roster couldn't handle being the top dog right away I believe.

This thread is interesting,so let me begin.

Raw is a hard one, so i'll start w/ Smackdown, then ECW, then RAW.

Smackdown
Well, its pretty hard, because it has been done. Kane has already turn on taker, Rey Rey is on about his 4th friend turning on him. So how bout there is a trade after SS. A three way trade, Cena to SD, Christian to RAW, and Rey to ECW (they need some1 to bring fans there.)
Cena lost at SS to HBK, and once he heard he was traded he is pissed to be back on SD, ands turns heel. Then Vince offers a proposition to him to form a faction. So by da end of that month and watevea PPV there on Cena and his new faction who already has Punk, and Teddy Long as manager( Vince forced him to step down as GM of SD and took control ) screw over Taker and Cena becomes champ. (even tho i said i would like cena to win, i hate him. )

ECW
Christian is traded as champ, so he reliqiushes the title and Tif has an all man roster over the top rope elimination match. So, the last 5 peeps r newly aquired Rey, Benjamin, Yoshi (is that da new japanese guy, im not sure please correct me if im wrong ), Regal, and Koslov. Koslov thinks he eliminates Benjamin but he actually went through the second ropes. Then 619 hurricaneranas Regal into Koslov, and they both go flying over. When regal gets up he is pissed so he hits Benjamin as he is getting up and orders Koslov to head butt him and he does. Yoshi and Rey duke it out for a while and then they both end up on the top turnbuckle trying to eliminate each other, Benjamin get in and sees his chance and throws both over and becomes the new ECW champ.
(ECW does this just to push Benjamin and causes him to lose to Rey at next PPv) (Benjamin-heel, Rey-face; if any1 cares)

Raw
Now time for Raw, well since there was a trade, Shane McMahon comes out saying she is da guest and telling everyone this will be da last time he will ever be on WWE becuz he is going off on his own. (do this so he can say goodbye to da fans) He says he wants to go out w/ a bang. So he made a trade bringing Christian to Raw, also he sign a fomer WWE star know as Booker T ( when is he going to return?) Jerishow comes out and starts to criticize Shane and mock him. Then Y2J starts rambling again and show wants to talk to but Y2J wont let him then Shane gets iritated and makes a main event, the newly aquired Chrstian and Booker T against Jerishow 4 the unified tag titles. Before I say who wins, let me go a dif. route. HBK comes out to celebrate and then HHH comes out to congradulate him. and challenges him 4 da title. they shake hands, but HHH wont let go and pedigrees him and turns heel. HBK v HHH at next PPV. Now the tag match. Both teams look good, looks like Jerishow will win but they start to argue again, Y2J tags himself in and show looks pissed and as he leaves Y2J looks confused and as he turns around Book levels him w/ a Book End and picks up da victory. New Champs! Show is upset and scares off the new tag champs and helps up Y2J. Jericho blames Show for all this and Show has enough and hit Chria w/ a K.O. punch. Show vs Y2J at da next PPV.

I agree with some wrestlers having to pay their dues, but in these times and with so many older guys going down to injuries and such, a young guy should win one of the big titles out of nowhere and once he loses it, make them be a chaser for the title for a few years as a way of paying back for the quick, sudden push.

First it is no secret that WWE is losing top talent to injuries, but just giving the title to a younger talent who hasn't really earned it yet doesn't fix that problem. Does WWE need to rely on newer guys? Yes. But they're still in a businedd where you need to sell a story behind a title push.

I think Drew McIntyre's story is interesting enough for a longer push. Vince signed him personally stating that he will be a champion one day. That can have fans on a small hook to see what VKM sees in this guy. Have Drew go the mid-card route and once he gets to the main event scene Vince should 'personally' see to it (cheat) that he becomes champ. This draws the ire of the fans because while Drew is definitely good enough to cleanly win the World Title, he resorts to dirty tatics. Almost like Fkair back in his NWA days. THIS IS ALL ASSUMING THAT DREW ACTUALLY PROVES HIMSELF ON ROUTE TO THE TOP.

As for giving someone the quick push/short reign/chaser role. Whose to say that whoever that guy is, they'd accept that role. IMO today's younger talent doesn't show as much heart for what they do. I may be wrong. But with this scenario you give someone the top spot, stating at least to the fans and to the person that you feel he DESERVES to be there. Then you take it away quickly? What does that say to the fans? You were wrong?

I see this whole "Vince signing him and being a future world champ thing" as being one of those things that is dropped and never heard from again.
That being said, I honestly don't get the man-crush some people have on him. He seems sound enough in the ring, but I don't get much from him in the way of charisma. No one is really gonna care about him without building him up, as the person above me was alluding to. So I don't see how anyone could think it a good idea to hotshot him to the belt.

I guess it's a silly thread. I don't know. On one side you have people, maybe a touch disillusioned but still capable of flights of fancy (like Viper and Kodiak) who are honestly interested in throwing out ideas (good or bad, not bad from my POV) to freshen up a stale product. And on the other side you have the pragmatic realists who want to poo-poo on anything that doesn't revolve around already established superstars and want to maintain status quo. Holy fuck, it's professional wrestling liberals vs. professional wrestling conservatives!

While he is definitely a near-future superstar, I don't think Morrison is ready for a title. He's great in the ring, bu his Starship Pain finisher looks about as devastating as getting slapped with a Funoodle at a pool party. He's good on the mic but can't sell the bad jokes the writer's feed him. He has a great laid-back personality, but ultimately lacks intensity and emotional range. Honestly, the more and more I think about it, the more and more he reminds me of RVD (and I don't intend that to be a criticism of either men; to me in-ring work overrules all else, even if most fans could care less). On the other hand, I DO think that anybody who isn't Cena, Orton or HHH in the RAW title picture at this point would be a breath of fresh air and about as revolutionary as we can expect RAW to get. Watch the shocking turn of events play out when HHH turns heel at Survivor Series, wins the royal rumble, and WM26 is HHH vs. Cena pt. 59.

There a few things that are true either which way: 1) Cena fans will surely rush to defend him, even when no one's attacking him. And 2) WWE hasn't really done anything ground-breaking on a Monday night since March 26th, 2001 and to expect John Morrison, or really anybody but HHH or Orton, to take Cena's title on a Monday night and go on to have a respectable reign with it is just silly. If wishes were horses, beggars would ride is how the saying goes, but it's disturbing just how much we as a people take it to heart to the extent that all creativity and desires to do something meaningful or memorable falls to the wayside of a meager promise of stability. All we have in the WWE right now is the company riding their one-trick ponies (**cough**cough**DX**) for merchandise sales and maintaining the Nielsen and why should we expect them to do otherwise, there's no competition (yet), they can keep taking the knee to win the game right now. Honestly, if I had my way, Psicosis and Ultimo Dragon would be in the main event and I'd crash WWE's stocks my first night as CEO, but I wouldn't feel a lick of shame about it., because it would be fresh, new, and to me, fuckin' awesome.

I would'nt mind seeing John Morrison as wwe champ that would be fantastic. But if I were to shake things up 1st I would cmbine all 3 brands and still come on 4 times a week plus monthly ppv's
Personally I would have Drew mcintyre beat cena for the title then pin HBK at Survivor Series in the Fatal 4 way.

I agree there are way too many ppvs and after seeing the schedule for next year it gives me hope they are finally doing something about it

You had me convinced until you said the name Drew Mcintyre. He has been around for what, a month. 2?..he is as over as yoshi tatsu and you have him beating john cena and HBK in the next few weeks :lmao:...fail

Talent shouldn't be pushed unless they are ready it could set back somebody for years. I really don't mind the current champions we have it could be a lot worse I most people dislike John Cena I actually enjoy him although he needs a gimmick tweak not change.

I think Morrison has the most potential of all the future top guys he has the look can work the stick fairly well and is a fantastic in ring talent.

Pushing Drew Mcintyre would be a epic fail he is too green and not nearly over enough yet the same goes for Yoshi Tatsu.

What people need now is patience everything isn't going to happen right away good things take time.

Before I can decide on a WWE Champion I have to destroy that damn childs toy of a belt so here's my first idea.

Have Orton steal Cena's Title during a PPV Title Match, Cena looses and a new champ is crowned, new champ wants his belt back from orton and agrees to a 3-way match for the title at the next PPV, In the meantime keep the belt off of TV for the short time in between PPV's, Orton/Anyone but Cena wins/retains the title, The belt is ringside in a black bag that's not shown on TV until it's unveiled by the champion in the ring after the match.

We've had the Austin Belt before I wonder what a "Viper" Design would look like. It would have to be unique and not a carbon copy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back