An NXT invasion.

BRAT

Dark Match Winner
All this talk about the talent there is in NXT got me thinking and here is my idea.

NXT is full of superstars who have the skills to be in the main-roster right now. Sami Zayn,Adrian Neville,Kevin Owens,Finn Balor and Hideo Itami are more talented than many who are in the main-roster.
NXT has gained much prestige,mostly because of the effort the guys put and the interesting storylines and as a result every show is fantastic.

All these lead me to this.
Can NXT make an invasion on a biggest show?
I am not talking about an invasion similar to Nexus's.
My idea is not to do the invasion to take a seat on the main-roster. My idea is to have them do the invasion wanting to become a new WWE brand.

There is a lot of buzz around the brand split again. Many are those who believe that such a split will be beneficial for the WWE and for the storylines. I fully agree with this opinion. They make these two shows (Raw & Smackdown) equal (2 hours both) and then there is an attack from the NXT guys who want to be equal to the bigger shows. This leads to Raw vs Smackdown vs NXT. This storyline will contain a Survivor Series match,one on one feuds and many others.
I think that if no brand is heel then the storyline will be more interesting.

NXT will continue to develop future top superstars who will fight not to go to the main-roster,but to make their show the biggest. And if they want to bring NXT back as a lower level show,they have them lose in an elimination tag match and there would be a speculation that if they lose they come back in to their role as a developmental show.

After that,if they want to make it more interesting and call-up a talent from NXT,they can make a ladders match with 6-10 competitors which whoever wins the match gains a contract with the WWE.
Have a captain for each brand and the perfect storyline is set.
*If this happens,it has to take a lot of time to be worthy.

What are your thoughts?
Is there a possibility of this to happen?
Tell me your ideas to make this storyline more interesting and tell me some feuds that could be amazing to see.

Nah, it'd never flesh out. Don't get me wrong, it sounds interesting. But all the stars would have to be aligned for this to work, such as Vince staying with a storyline that's not Cena's all the way through, not listening to the politickers who think the rookies aren't deserving of spots and haven't paid their dues, and so on. Look, I like a few of your concepts but despite RAW being crappy lately no one's gonna believe that a developmental show is now the #1 show/roster despite how well they've been doing. MAYBE once HHH takes over we can see something like this happen.

It's a cool idea but I'm not sure if WWE has the longterm booking to pull it off. But I think they could pull off a traditional 5 on 5 survivor series match with 5 NXT wrestlers and 5 main roster guys. Fans could vote for 5 NXT All-Stars to face off at Survivor Series. They could even show up in the crowd on RAW ala Raven's Flock - which would be cool to see. And would be even cooler if the announcers acknowledged it as a nod to Raven's Flock.

Thing is, this is kinda already happening, i mean The Shield, The Wyatts, Now the Accension amongst others. Gradually the new breed of NXT 'Rookies' are coming through to the main roster and replacing the current 'superstars'. It's the natural order of things really i guess but before it was just a cookie cutter factory process but now the way HHH is running it we're getting guys come through who are more ready for the big time straight away, not having to 'pay their dues' for years first in the WWE performance centre but being able to use NXT to hone their skills for the big time, the lights and cameras. Give it a little while longer and i think the future will be pretty freakin awesome, no need for an 'invasion' it's more guerrilla warfare at this point, and you know what? NXT is winning the way i see it.

What happens to NXT the show? If you align these guys in a greater purpose what is left for them to fight over when they have to fill their own hour of programming.

I've said this a couple times. NXT is as much its own brand as Smackdown ever was and is more its own brand than it is "developmental". The OP said himself that there were guys who are talented enough to be on the main shows. Why are they being held back for so long? Does Zayn need to work on his suplex? Does Steen really need to firm up his strikes? No, they are guys on a program who cater to a specific audience that may be more likely to keep shelling out $9.99 a month if it is the only legal way they can get their fill of some of their favorite Indy and international talent.

That being said, an invasion could make for entertaining television and I like what the OP laid out. It is just unlikely that WWE would give away every draw they have on one program to maybe help Raw and/or Smackdown's ratings a bit.

NXT is doing fine on its own. It is growing in popularity through word of mouth. There is no compelling reason to change what is working. If you do that, you run the risk of NXT basically becoming Fandangoing.

I would love to see NXT be given a regularly tv spot as a WWE show, and it could even keep it's own titles.

And every PPV could be given a 3 or 4 match NXT preshow card.

I think it's true that a number of NXT stars are ready for the main roster, but I wouldn't bring any of them up until they sort out the main roster first.

Seth Rollins I don't think many would disagree is the number one heel right now. He has unresolved issues with Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, Randy Orton, John Cena among other's. Rusev is feuding with Ryback, and now that BNB is back it looks like he'll be in a feud with Ziggler.

That takes out pretty much the top of the order plus the high level mid carder's. No-one else on the roster really has anything happening. All the storylines are being written around the guys I mentioned above. What would be the reason to bring up NXT wrestler's, who would they feud with, what storylines would they be involved in? You can't just bring these guys up and do nothing with them, that would be a disaster.

Not to mention the fact that most of the crowds at these events seem to have no idea who they are. Look at the debut of the Ascension and Paige, there was no excitement, nothing. I doubt very much that the kids and moms in the audience even watch NXT or know that it exists. So all of a sudden you have these wrestlers coming out to a dismal reception. Mind you that Washington DC group was one of the worst crowds of the year. if the WWE was smart, they would never go back there again.

What the WWE should do is what they did before, highlight some of them during RAW, have some matches. Let Balor go crazy with the body paint and show the crowd what they are missing by not watching NXT. Get the audience used to seeing them, and let them know these guys exist, and can put on a better show than the one they just paid a fortune to attend.

I mean shit it's not like they don't have 3 hours to fill. Put some of them on SD or Main Event. Give them some exposure As it is they wrestle on NXT, come to the main roster, no one gets behind them and they fail. Just look at Adam Rose and Bo Dallas. The guys from NXT don't have to go for titles just show what they can do, and they will be showing up one of these days on a regular basis.

Besides if you take all the talent from NXT, who's left there. I think they should be brought up slowly. Start weaning out some of the non starters, and replace them with talent that is ready to bring it.

It is great on paper. Gives these guys exposure and it will kinda expose the main roster for not being so good, compared to the NXT one. The Nexus storyline was really good.

But as the second commenter said, everything would revolve around Cena again. He would probably bury all of them 3-4 months after, so it wouldn't be exciting. I don't know if it would happen though, I mean, Vince might want to make Cena and Reigns look strong. You never know with Vince.

A question: has there ever been a good invasion storyline? In reality, they've varied from mediocre to disappointing to shockingly bad, haven't they? If you were obtuse enough to paint the nWo as an invasion storyline, I suppose you could make a case for there being one invasion storyline that started out well. My knowledge of invasion storylines is pretty much limited to the ECW invasion - more of a cross-promotion really - of WWF, the NWA invasion - more of a humongous pile of shit really - of WWF and the WCW/ECW invasion - more of the world's biggest anti-climax really - of WWF. None of that particularly has me frothing at the mouth for more.

It's not really clear - to me at least - why invasion storylines don't work but it seems fair to say they don't. Maybe it's the muddying of the face/heel waters, how the promotion turns entirely into boring faction wars for months on end or the inevitable ridiculous turns and swerves - and you end up with stupid shit like Stone Cold fucking Steve Austin leading WCW.

There is a massive problem with doing any form of WWE vs NXT angle.

Who will be involved in matches? If NXT talent are facing lower card guys, that is no different to the odd NXT match and does not really give them credibility. If they face top tier guys, particularly those younger ones fighting to be main event players, surely losing to NXT talent will damage them. If NXT talent just lose it is all pointless.

I would quite like to see a Money in the Bank match this year with a twist, similar to that on the OP. Balor, Itami, Zayn, Nevile, Breeze and Owens in a ladder match for a contract. Would be a great way to showcase the talent. Will also mean when they are gradually brought up they may get a bit more of a response as people know who they are.

I think it's too soon to be thinking of an NXT Invasion. It's only been within the past year that NXT's gained prominence, due in no small part to the availability of the WWE Network. There were good things being said about NXT before that, but most American fans didn't know firsthand because they had no way of watching it aside from seeing some occasional clips of matches on YouTube. However, upon seeing it, it's fair to say that there's a ton of talent that could do some great things on the main roster IF Vince allows it to happen. Like I've said in numerous posts, the biggest difference between NXT and the main roster is that Triple H makes the final creative decisions in NXT, albeit because Vince allows it, while Vince makes the final creative decisions on the main roster.

Plus, the whole brand split thing is finished and I think it should be. The brand split as a whole had been dead for a few years with really only the World Heavyweight Championship being the last remnant of it and it was treated more like the unofficial replacement to the Intercontinental Championship for most of the last 3 or 4 years of its existence. Besides, it wouldn't be 6 months before there were cries to end the brand split just as there were when the brand split was in full swing. The only way a brand split, in my opinion, would be interesting is if there was a genuine split, possibly splitting the roster and having little or no interaction between them, maybe rebranding SmackDown! under the WCW banner or something, treating it like Raw is treated, treating it like its own separate "universe", etc.

An NXT Invasion within the next several months in which the main roster is "invaded" by 5 or 6 guys would leave a pretty significant hole in NXT. Right now, it looks like they're gonna go with Zayn vs. Owens before either of them head to the main roster, Finn Balor will probably be on the main roster sometime post WrestleMania, I don't think Itami is quite ready until he becomes more proficient in English.

Maybe an invasion is something that could be considered in another year or so, but I don't think the timing's right as if now.

Thing is, this is kinda already happening, i mean The Shield, The Wyatts, Now the Accension amongst others. Gradually the new breed of NXT 'Rookies' are coming through to the main roster and replacing the current 'superstars'. It's the natural order of things really i guess but before it was just a cookie cutter factory process but now the way HHH is running it we're getting guys come through who are more ready for the big time straight away, not having to 'pay their dues' for years first in the WWE performance centre but being able to use NXT to hone their skills for the big time, the lights and cameras. Give it a little while longer and i think the future will be pretty freakin awesome, no need for an 'invasion' it's more guerrilla warfare at this point, and you know what? NXT is winning the way i see it.

Pretty much what I was going to say. OP's idea is pretty much already happening without openly treating it as some sort of "inVasion". NXT already is the 3rd WWE brand. The only difference is that it doesn't have a TV deal. And maybe it should. Maybe that would finally prove which type of show is going to draw better ratings. It's hard to make a direct comparison between cable TV ratings and network subscribers. Maybe it would be great to get NXT on TV, or maybe the first second we start to wish for things to change about NXT, NXT is going to change, for the worse.

But other than that, the situation pretty much is already happening. NXT guys compete on their level amongst each other until some of them move on up to Raw or Smackdown.

There really is a pattern among wrestling fans that we always want the opposite of what is happening. In the last couple days I have seen threads like this, threads like "Bring back the big gold belt", bring back the European title, etc. Didn't everyone HATE the brand split by the time it was over? Didn't everyone hate the confusion of two world champions and always complain that there were too many meaningless belts?

Not saying this idea is terrible on paper, but remember, these ideas would need to be executed by the creative team behind WWE. An angle like this involving NXT could end up ruining the one thing everybody seems to love.

I for one do miss having different "brands", and feel like if WWE can't find competition elsewhere then they need to start competing amongst themselves again by having different rosters, but that's a discussion for another time.

Leave NXT alone for now. It's the one thing that seems to be going right, yet so many seem eager to suggest ideas to change it.

I would like to see one NXT match on each pay per view. The main roster audience would see something new and create interest in NXT brand. They could eventually add a match to the regular shows like they did in Main Event this week. Sasha and Charlotte were a hit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back