American Chopper Canceled

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
I read a report on tvbythenumbers.com in which Entertainment Weekly reports that American Chopper has been canceled by the Discovery Channel. The final episode of the show is scheduled to be shown on December 11.

I really liked this show but, over the past few years, I've just lost interest in it. It doesn't have the same feel to it anymore and I big part of that has to do with the fact that Paul, Sr. & Paul, Jr. have parted ways and have their own companies down. Seeing the two of them bicker and argue over anything and everything was, in my opinion, a big draw of the show. Also, just Sr.'s interaction with his sons Paul, Jr. & Mikey was a big part of the show's success over the course of the last 10 years. Without that conflict and sometimes jovial atmosphere, the show lost a lot of steam. On top of that Mikey himself has left the show and, much of the time, he was the only guy on the show that I liked as both Jr. and the old man can be a couple of raving ego maniacs.

Now, it's just showing two different groups of guys building a motorcycle once a week without all the squabbling, drama and general interaction. Basically, the show's gotten pretty dull and it's time that it ended. I'm amazed that it lasted as long as it has. It's been taking a huge pounding in the ratings for a while. About this time last year, the show was averaging about 2.5 million viewers a week and it's averaging around half that now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back