AJ Styles: The X Division Needs Him

AJ Styles Back In the X Division: Yay, Nay Or Hell If I Know?

• Yes

• No

• Not Sure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
The title of the thread pretty much says it all I think.

As of right now, overall, the X Division has very little credibility. Right now, Kazarian, Brian Kendrick, Generation Me, they've kinda been made to look like scrubs over the course of the past month or so. Sure, it's encouraging to see and hear that TNA is going to put more emphasis on the X Division than they have in a while. It can all still blow up at this point but, I think TNA put things on a good path this past Thursday. It was only one triple threat match between 3 guys that a good sized number of fans might not be aware of, but it was a fun match that brought a lot of the old school X Division energy to the forefront. If TNA can keep things on this path, then we might have something here.

In the end, however, I think TNA should put AJ Styles back into the X Division. Personally, I think that they missed a good opportunity by not putting Alex Shelley into the X Division picture, he's got the ability and legitimacy that the X Division needs. However, TNA could do better and put AJ Styles back into the fold. In the minds of many fans, AJ Styles is the X Division. When it comes to credibility, no homegrown TNA or indy wrestler can match Styles. He's a 4 time World Champion, a 6 time X Division Champion and he's not got much of anything else on his plate other than Bully Ray. With Destination X coming up and being centered around the X Division, what better way for TNA to show how serious they are about making the X Division relevant again?

I know that lots of people wanna see Styles back in the main event picture. It'll probably happen at some point but it won't be anytime soon so put Styles where he can ultimately do the most good at this particular time.

Yes. I believe the X-Division does need AJ Styles. Although I don’t agree that Kendrick and Kaz have looked like scrubs lately. I’ve recently started to take an interest in Kendrick for the first time, so can’t agree there.

But adding AJ Styles to the X-Division would give it a huge boost and also give the division a genuine main eventer. I would also be inclined to throw another main eventer in there, say Rob Van Dam? RVD was X-Division before there was an X-Division, and Van Dam and AJ could put on some real classics with each other or anyone else. Imagine a main event of Rob Van Dam vs. AJ Styles vs. Kazarian vs. Daniels in an Ultimate X match.

Yes Styles is the xdivision and this division is nothing without him. I've always been a big Kendrick fan so I can't call either him or Kaz scrubs. I say bring in some past wwe talent to spice up this division and bring it back to what it was. Nobody major just some guys like Paul London, funaki , jamie noble , kaval and yes shelton benjamin, throw Styles, Daniels, Kaz and Kendrick in the mix and it could be an exciting division again. Oh yeah and bring back Petey Williams

I'd disagree with this for two reasons. Firstly because I feel that it would take more than one person to save the X-Division, as (in my opinion) it would need to be built around a core of good guys who would be able to have good matches with anyone and everyone in the division, and especially good matches with eachother. Like it was when Joe, Daniels and AJ ran the division. The second reason is that I think it would take more than the raw tallent of AJ Styles to make the division notable again. The X-Division is filled with tallented guys. Sure, none of them are as good as Styles but adding more tallent is like throwing buckets (or in Styles' case, emptying a truckload) of water into the ocean. Sure, you're adding to it, but not by enough to make a real difference.

When I look at the X-Division I don't see one thing. I don't see a charismatic, entertaining wrestler. I see Kaz, who's tallented, but bland as a beige coloured, butter free piece of bread. I see G-Me, who have the capacity to put on fun as fuck matches but I haven't seen them cut a good promo. I see Sangriento... the less said about the Amazing Worker Ant the better. I'm sure you get the point here. AJ is great, but he's not what the X-Division needs. What the X-Division needs is a mouthpiece, and looking at the TNA roster, the guy I could imagine perfectly in that role is Alex Shelley.

Shelley is great in the ring, and as he showed before he and Sabin (re)formed the MCMG is that he's a different kind of X-Division guy, using a more mat based style in contrast to the fast paced, high risk shenanigans the division was (and is) known for. Which is good in and of itself as being different makes you stand out. Additionally, he's also entertaining as hell on the stick, which as I said earlier is the one thing the division lacks.

So yeah, AJ Styles could be the hero that the X-Division wants, but Alex Shelley is the hero that the X-Division needs.

@Squirrelbaby Jamie Noble Legitimately Retired when Sheamus Kicked his Ass.
They should bring in Samoa Joe to the X Division because if Kendrick Actually Beats Abyss that would be a Kick in the teeth (no nevermind) also Matt Hardy would be Decent in the X Division.

I would rather see AJ in the main event as well, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen anytime soon. For now AJ could help the X division out along with Kaz, Daniels, Joe, and others. AJ could breath life into the division and make it special again, only if it is for a little while. While they are at it, TNA can use Alex Shelley and Douglas Williams if they aren't doing anything. Just please leave Robbie E out of the equation.

While they are at it, TNA can use Alex Shelley and Douglas Williams if they aren't doing anything.

I agree with you big time on this. I've only been watching TNA for about 2 years, but Williams' run as the 'anti-spot monkey' champ was definitely the X-division's high point over that span. Turning the dude face just killed his character, and now he's playing second fiddle to Magnus, which really seems like a waste to me. The need that kind of strong heel personality that can bring out the best in a group of workers who, generally speaking, are pretty bland as characters.

I just think the main event picture needs Styles more at the moment. Look at who they have in the mix atm. Anderson (yawn), Sting (a legend but not the long term future of the company) Angle (off to train for the olympics soon) and Bully Ray. I really feel their main event is all a bit stale. They've also done alot of work to make sure the fans think of AJ as a threat to larger wrestlers why put him back in with the spot monkeys?
Douglas Williams, Alex Shelley, Joe and Christopher Daniels are all doing nothing at the moment and could really help get the division back on its feet and give the newer faces a chance to benefit from working with better known names

I voted not sure. The reason i voted that, is because i think A.J is way beyond the X-division but then again if he isn't going to be world champ soon he might as well be in the X-division for now. Another thing, Kendrick is not that bad. His promos are a little out there ( guess he found RVD's stash:lmao:) and he is good in the ring (in my opinion).

Ok, so this is my first post of any kind...go me! lol Anyway, as for the question at hand, I think for the short term, yes, because AJ can definitely hold great matches with anybody out there, especially the X Division, which are the kind of matches he's most known for. But eventually, TNA is going to need him to be back in the main event, because honestly, who else is there? Sting can't go on forever and will probably be gone for several months after Bound For Glory like he is every year. And Kurt Angle is trying out for the Olympics. That leaves who? Matt Morgan and RVD? That's about it.

So, here's what I personally would like to see, and I'll probably get ripped for this, but here goes: I would like to see Samoa Joe challenge Abyss for the X Division title, because what else is Joe doing? Surely the thing with Crimson isn't going to keep going on? But then with Joe winning the title from Abyss, it can get back to X Division wrestling with it. He can have matches with Christopher Daniels, who has proven they can have amazing matches with one another. Or he can face any number of other X Division guys, so long as the X Division gets back to being what it was to begin with, because it's what got me hooked on TNA to begin with years ago. I still think TNA has better matches than WWE though by far. Ok...I feel criticism coming my way...

Yes AJ could give the division a much needed boost. Yes AJ beating Abyss is much more acceptable than either max, Jeremy, red, Robbie e, or Kendrick form that matter. Personally, I think Shelley is a great candidate since the guns are on the shelf. I also think a good Sabin and Shelley feud would-be a great way for Sabin to return. AJ definitely will compete at destination x. I'm beefing we see daniels, Joe, and a few others in the ppv.

Another option would be Rvd. It would be a good guy to have in the division. Eventually some one could get a great rub from going over on him.

For the ppv we know the options could include:
AJ
Daniels
Joe
Pope
Kendrick
Shelley
Aries
RVD

Possible returns if they wanted to
Homicide
Lethal
Lynn
Dutt
Doug Williams
Bashir

They really could make quite the night if they chose too.

AJ Styles is such an asset to TNA that I could see him bringing much needed credibility to the X Division or Main Event. At this point the X Division needs him more in my opinion. I think it would be a good idea to put the X Title back on him. They have many talented X Division wrestlers that he could defend the title against. Having great matches with him would not only benefit his opponents. It would benefit the entire X Division.

He was major part of putting the division on the map. I think he could definitely bring it back to prominence.

If they won't put him in the world title scene where he belongs permanantley then by all means yes put him in the X division scene untill they are ready to put him in main events again imo

yes the X division need AJ, but AJ dont need the X division. AJ needs to be involoved in the main event title picture. Yeah he would bring some excitment to the division but it does nothing for him it's actually a step back for him. AJ need to go after the whc and hopefully he will capture it and have a long run with it.

The X division should consist of:
Kaz
Kendrick
Samoa Joe (keep him away from the whc)
Austin Aries ( hopefully the keep him )
Kid Cash ( same as above )
Daniels
Amazing Red
Matt Hardy ( I think he's got some good matches left in him )
RVD ( same as Joe )
Abyss (same as joe )
Shannon Moore
Alex Shelly
Douglas Williams
and possibly some guys from AAA, since they have a working relationship. I think this would be a good mixture of guys and matches to keep the division fresh, exciting, and relevant.

AJ Styles, Samoa Joe and Christopher Daniels' presence in the X Division makes it more like the AFC to the heavyweight division's NFC. Right now the X Division is more like the AHL to the heavyweight division's NHL.

Styles needs to be the face of =SOMETHING=. Some people say he isn't a top star or lacks the charisma or whatever bullshit they can come up with but the simple fact is that AJ Styles is arguably the single best in-ring performer in the world today. The guy just carried Bubba Ray Dudley to a show-stealing match on a card that included Kurt Angle, Ken Anderson, Sting, Samoa Joe, and TNA's new golden boy Crimson. Put him in the ring with other show-stealers and you get 5 star matches every single goddamned time.

Styles not only should be IN the X Division, AJ Styles IS the X Division.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back