After all the Brock Lesnar threads, tell me...... Do you think he will stay or go?

Mustang Sally

Sells seashells by the seashore
Now that the time for a decision is near, I honestly couldn't make the call. Presuming Brock's walk-out a couple weeks ago concerned discussions with Vince McMahon about a new contract, that was the first true indication that Brock was even considering staying, right? Before that, he (or his representation) was tossing so much of the "in negotiations with UFC" stuff at us that we couldn't tell if it was a smokescreen or not.

I feel a possible return to martial arts fighting is the only practical reason Brock wouldn't return to pro wrestling. Really, WWE has been the sweetest deal anyone has ever received in the entertainment field: being compensated a couple million dollars annually for being required to show up around 10 times a year, which includes 4 appearances in which he actually has to wrestle? I believe that was his 2014 schedule. He'd be insane to give that up, wouldn't he?

Was the argument with McMahon over the amount of money......or whether he could do both UFC and WWE......or something else entirely?

Is Brock's presence really worth the money they're paying him, considering that he's not only blowing the company's salary structure out of the water, but also how his deal might be negatively affecting morale with the rest of the roster?

Personally, I'd like him to stay, but not as world champion. While I agree that the title doesn't need to be defended at every month's PPV, the idea of the most privileged performer in WWE keeping it in deep freeze while we wait for him to make one of his rare appearances is offensive and surely grates on the nerves of the other employees.

Whether Brock could possibly be worth what he's getting in salary......plus how much extra business he actually brings in......are factors known only to WWE management; I couldn't even hazard a guess.

What do you think? Would you bring Brock back? Maybe at a lower salary? Maybe higher? Only if he agrees to more appearances? Any other special conditions? Would you want him if he worked both WWE & UFC? Do you think Brock enjoys what he does in WWE.....or that he couldn't care less?

I think he will go and honestly I'm not sure I ever thought he'd be around after Wrestlemania, even before the UFC rumours starting appearing.

I just don't see much left for Brock to do in the WWE after this championship run and the story of the Beast returning to the WWE and cutting through Cena, Undertaker, Big Show, Triple H, Rollins and Mark Henry before being taken down by Roma Reigns is a very good, on paper at least, was to leave things.

I hope he stays. He's a once in a lifetime talent and everything just seems so much better with his presence.

In regards to is he worth the salary? Before the network came along i would assume yeah. Now i don't have facts and figures but when Brock was on a PPV i bet all the guys in the back received a bigger payday because his presence boosted PPV buys.

Assuming the pay model is different now i would guess that Vince has being trying to get him to sign more dates for less money. To be honest who would blame him? Vince is a business man at the end of the day and to think he's going to go and offer Brock as much as he is willing to pay him straight of the dot would be stupid. He knows theres going to be negotiations and bartering and I hope this all work's itself out.

I'd have Reigns defeat Brock at 'Mania. Have Brock disappear for a while. Then at say Summerslam have Reigns defending his title with The Rock in his corner when suddenly Brock Lesnar returns and attacks Reigns. This cues The Rock getting involved and then hopefully we have a build to Wrestlemania with The Rock vs Brock.

Sorry just got caught up in fantasy booking.

I think he's gone. But I'd like to see him in Bellator instead of UFC. UFC really doesn't seem as real as it used to, it feels more like WWE in scope and quality.

But, if he thinks he's got this diverticulitis beat, then there's no reason he doesn't go back into UFC and take his belt back. Then, when he's about 44 or 45, he'll come back to the WWE and run one more run, and make several more million.

I'm the biggest Lesnar mark. The dude is ridiculous. But I can't see the WWE offering him anything he wants.

I'd be scared to death of him leaving if I were Roman Reigns. Look at what happened last time he left after WrestleMania with Goldberg. Not even Austin could make that match passable. It was a complete snorefest, due to the fact that neither Lesnar nor Goldberg gave a damn. Now, I would hope that Brock has matured since then and is willing to make Reigns look good and give him a good match on his way out, otherwise Reigns is screwed. If Lesnar isn't willing to do business and help Reigns during their match, then we could very well have another 'Mania XX on our hands, which could spell disaster for Reigns' career and give the people who don't like him even more ammunition, as well as turn the people who are his fans against him. I know, I'm getting a little melodramatic here, but, hey, it could happen. I doubt Roman would have the experience at this point to be able to call a match if Lesnar doesn't care whether or not the match is good.

I'd be scared to death of him leaving if I were Roman Reigns. Look at what happened last time he left after WrestleMania with Goldberg. Not even Austin could make that match passable. It was a complete snorefest, due to the fact that neither Lesnar nor Goldberg gave a damn.

I'm still of the opinion that WWE are leaking details of Brock walking out and mentioning UFC on air in the hope that the Wrestlemania fans turn on him in the same way they did at Wrestlemania XX. Of course they could also turn on Reigns and ruin the match but the hope would be that they back Reigns against Brock and make it look like the entire Universe is behind a Reigns title win.

Brock leaving could be a work basically.

What do I *think* happens? Roman goes over Lesnar at WM, Lesnar goes away to UFC, and everything just progresses from there. Hopefully, if Lesnar does in fact leave, then they also do away with relying so heavily on part-time fellows so much. I don't hate the concept, but it happens so much it doesn't really seem like a big deal anymore (aside from Lesnar).

What I *hope* happens, is that Lesnar goes over Roman, continues his dominance, and sticks around. Not only would I enjoy this more, but at this stage in Lesnar's life, I also think this would be the smarter move on his side. Wrestling does take a tole on your body, but at least the point of wrestling is to keep your partner safe. Pair that with a great athletic shape and a limited schedule and he's a lot better off that going getting his brain busted in UFC, with his career most likely ending much sooner as well.

In terms of his contract, I say give him a set amount per year, instead of a per appearance. Have a *minimum* amount of dates on the list, and he can also show up and more if need be. One of the main parts of the deal would be to have him show up on at least every PPV (maybe get a few of the lesser ones off), and at least one RAW on the lead-up to said PPV. Plus extra time come WM season. As for working with both UFC and WWE at the same time, I don't really care for it, and don't really think it could work (him looking bad in UFC would result in his beastly factor being diminished if he showed up on RAW a week or two later).

I can't remember a fighting sports athlete who has garnered this much attention since Mike Tyson. It's Brock's world and we're all just living in it. He is the best real fighter in the world, and the best 'fake' fighter in the world.

In terms of legacy, he would be better off to stay with WWE where the winners and losers are planned and he has legitimate reason to lose, unlike in UFC. If he loses there he loses his aura of being unstoppable. And that aura is green, the color of money, the more aura, the more money for him. And WWE is all about aura.

The safe bet for Lesnar is probably to stay WWE where he can make a ton of money and have it easier. But, since when do pro fighters take the safe path. I expect he'll go to UFC just to prove how much of a bad ass he is. But if he doesn't prove that he is still a BMF that will cost him money, prestige, and street cred in UFC. It will also probably make his future WWE contract smaller too.

Honestly? I think he's already signed. I agree with the poster earlier who said WWE may be leaking details to take heat away from Reigns; I think the whole thing is a work.

IF (big if) Lesnar leaves Levi Stadium with the belt, irrespective of what happens on Raw, (where he is contractually obligated to appear) the following night, we will know that Lesnar is definitely staying; I think that at this point, WWE are trying everything they can to turn the fans so they are supporting Reigns, which is working to a point. But I also think that, as they won't want a 'mutiny' on the biggest show of the year, they will have two endings planned, depending on crowd reaction: Reigns gets cheered, he leaves Santa Clara as champion; Reigns gets booed out of the Bay Area? Lesnar retains. Never had the referee's earpiece been so important to a match!

But in the long run, Lesnar stats until at least facing the Rock, presumably next Wrestlemania where Rocky gets his win back.

As I said on another thread Lesnar will be 38 this year and his best UFC days are behind him. I think to be perfectly honest, this was a ploy to get more money out of Vince.

Granted the WWE isn't like for example the NHL where the team has a salary cap, but the amount of money Lesnar is probably being paid, to do not much of anything, is a moral deterrent.

I like the guy and wouldn't mind seeing him stay around, but not as champ. His two title defenses in the last 7 months have shown that he's just not into it as much as he should be. So if he goes then fine, but if he stays get the damm belt off him.

You know everyone has their own ideas whether Brock stays or goes. Keeps title. Loses title. Roman defends at Summerslam making a possible Brock v Rock at 32,Brock keeps title till 32 aswell yada yada. Fine I get all that. But what about Seth with his cash in. When that time comes has anybody considered against who and when? Now I'm guessing he will get gold at that point. Maybe it is he that shines at Wrestlemania. That would be the happy ending surely.

I just don't see much left for Brock to do in the WWE after this championship run and the story of the Beast returning to the WWE and cutting through Cena, Undertaker, Big Show, Triple H, Rollins and Mark Henry before being taken down by Roma Reigns is a very good, on paper at least, was to leave things.

This has to be a concern for WWE if they're looking to bring Brock back. There are so many people that can realistically be put in the ring with him. Sure, we can talk about Randy Orton and Sheamus, and while they're large enough in body size and reputation to go with Brock, what kind of excitement would those match-ups generate? If WWE could build Sheamus to the degree that a real point to the match could exist, they might have something, but after Brock has been put in the ring with Cena, Triple H, Punk and Reigns, I just don't know how much interest they can generate with anyone else. Brock by himself isn't an attraction; he has to have someone to fight that fans would be interested in seeing.

So, if they look to re-sign Brock, management hopefully has a good plan on how to use him.

And yes, Daniel Bryan will be mentioned. He's certainly a big enough name.....but is he a big enough person? I feel the size difference would preclude a realistic looking match-up, and if they try to make it look as if Daniel could do damage to Brock, it would appear so contrived that the contest itself might end up being booed.

Translation: I have a hard time seeing an image of Brock Lesnar backed helplessly against the corner and waiting for Daniel to run across the ring and drop kick him in the chest, causing Brock to wilt. Uh-uh.

Now that the time for a decision is near, I honestly couldn't make the call. Presuming Brock's walk-out a couple weeks ago concerned discussions with Vince McMahon about a new contract, that was the first true indication that Brock was even considering staying, right? Before that, he (or his representation) was tossing so much of the "in negotiations with UFC" stuff at us that we couldn't tell if it was a smokescreen or not.

I feel a possible return to martial arts fighting is the only practical reason Brock wouldn't return to pro wrestling. Really, WWE has been the sweetest deal anyone has ever received in the entertainment field: being compensated a couple million dollars annually for being required to show up around 10 times a year, which includes 4 appearances in which he actually has to wrestle? I believe that was his 2014 schedule. He'd be insane to give that up, wouldn't he?

Was the argument with McMahon over the amount of money......or whether he could do both UFC and WWE......or something else entirely?

Is Brock's presence really worth the money they're paying him, considering that he's not only blowing the company's salary structure out of the water, but also how his deal might be negatively affecting morale with the rest of the roster?

Personally, I'd like him to stay, but not as world champion. While I agree that the title doesn't need to be defended at every month's PPV, the idea of the most privileged performer in WWE keeping it in deep freeze while we wait for him to make one of his rare appearances is offensive and surely grates on the nerves of the other employees.

Whether Brock could possibly be worth what he's getting in salary......plus how much extra business he actually brings in......are factors known only to WWE management; I couldn't even hazard a guess.

What do you think? Would you bring Brock back? Maybe at a lower salary? Maybe higher? Only if he agrees to more appearances? Any other special conditions? Would you want him if he worked both WWE & UFC? Do you think Brock enjoys what he does in WWE.....or that he couldn't care less?

Thinking from a business perspective, I'd bring him back, he's a draw. I'd only pay him the money he wants if he agrees to more appearances. Brock with these few appearances doesn't help WWE long-term. I wouldn't want him in WWE and UFC, it's too much of a risk. I think he just looks at WWE as an extension of his passion, to compete.

I think he will go but not for long, just hold out from signing with anybody for a while until he gets what he wants. UFC needs him, WWE needs him. He could even elevate Bellator.

I have a feeling that Lesnar's gone. As for me personally, as of right now, the only singles match that Lesnar could have left, realistically, would probably be against Daniel Bryan but that's unlikely to happen with Bryan possibly in the IC title picture. He'll have been WWE World Heavyweight Champion for 7.5 months come WrestleMania, he's beaten John Cena, he's ended The Undertaker's undefeated streak and a match with Daniel Bryan MIGHT be the only big money match realistically left for Lesnar at this point in time. I doubt people wanna see him face Triple H, Cena or Big Show for that matter. A rematch against The Undertaker is tempting face, in my opinion, as there's a chance Taker gets hurt again and/or hurt more severely. A match against Randy Orton would probably be greeted by various "Orton doesn't need it" protests & arguments since a lot of fans are burned out of seeing him, or Cena for that matter, in these big, mega main event scenarios.

As far as Lesnar's seriousness about returning to the UFC, I think it's possible but I think it's more likely that this was part of a plan to get Vince to jack up his money offer concerning a new deal. What makes me think that it's possible though is because Lesnar doesn't strike me as someone who particularly gives a damn about his legacy in wrestling or UFC. I don't think Lesnar would be overly concerned about looking bad via losing if he returned to UFC as long as he got himself one whopper of a paycheck. Lesnar doesn't particularly care about his image, going down as "one of the all time greats" or any of that whether it's pro wrestling or mixed martial arts because it's all about the money. He's all but come right out and said as much on various occasions, so if Lesnar can draw a huge paycheck, then he could certainly head back to UFC regardless if he wins, loses, looks like a god or looks like a chump.

At the same time, despite that he looks like a Cro-Magnon meathead, Lesnar's not a stupid man. He's a savvy businessman that's been able to ultimately score some huge money deals from the largest & most successful professional wrestling and mixed martial arts companies in the world. At 37 years of age, Lesnar is old as far as fighters are concerned. Lesnar's extremely severe case of diverticulitis, that was simultaneously compounded by mononucleosis, has probably taken a severe toll on his body. While I don't believe Lesnar is particularly concerned about his image as long as he gets paid, there have to be some questions regarding how well his body could hold up in a 100% legit fight.

I don't know how much Lesnar makes in WWE, but you can bet it's significant and probably pretty ridiculous considering that he's wrestles maybe 3 times a year. Just guessing, I'd say that Lesnar makes mid to upper six figures for each match he wrestles, he no doubt gets a cut of merchandise sales, plus he also gets paid endorsements by the companies he advertises on his shorts during his matches. If I'm anywhere in the ballpark concerning how much he gets, then I don't see how the guy could seriously ask for even more money from WWE considering the extremely limited amount he's used. There's only so much that even Lesnar is worth and I think he's reached that threshold.

I only want him to stay if he can fake liking wrestling again. If he can pretend WRESTLING, not just WWE is a big deal. When he is doing this, to me, it seems like this is for a pay check and MMA is where he goes off to have fun. This just makes WWE seem drab and as if he is above it. Which kinda kills it for me a little bit.
But I really hope he will stay and make Roman look like a little girl. If he can come back every week, it will be amazing to see him destroy everyone on the roster. He can be the #1 guy, even bigger then Cena.

I don't know if he actually heads back to UFC but after all this time with a great salary and very limited schedule why would he go back to the grind of being an average wrestler. Unless he gets a new deal to continue what he's doing I think he moves on.
It's not just Brock's deal but three of the top matches at Mania involve part time or once a year wrestlers. You can't build story lines and heat with guys that are never there.

Seeing as to how underwhelming the Mania build has turned out to be... I think that regardless of if he stays or goes, Brock can't be Champion post-Mania.

Indeed, the idea of a champion who doesn't wrestle on a weekly basis, and is looked at as being 'higher' than all the others, is an idea I wholeheartedly endorse. The titles being unified has helped the prestige of the World title in a huge way, however, Brock still appears far too infrequently due to his limited contract, and thus, it is quite difficult to build his feuds in a proper manner.

IF he can be given a contract with some more dates, maybe then, I can see him retaining at Mania. However, if his contract stays the same, then I'd say try to keep him for one more year if possible as the up and comers(who would hopefully all have made an impact at Mania 31) cement themselves as Major players in the WWE.

Hard to tell.

None of us know the details behind the heated argument between Vince McMahon and Lesnar a few weeks ago, but knowing Lesnar, you have to believe it's about money. I'm just taking a guess here, but there's a chance Lesnar wants his usual deal: A large amount of money, 3 or 4 matches per year, a few appearances on Raw to promote the match, no Smackodwn appearances, and no house shows. Maybe Vince made a counter offer to give Lesnar the same schedule with a significant pay cut, and Lesnar refused to accept.

I vividly remember an in-ring segment between John Laurinaitis and Lesnar before Extreme Rules 2012. Lesnar was going on about how things are different now, and how he's not some naive farm boy. Lesnar bullied Laurinaitis into giving him more money, and when the fans started to boo, Lesnar said something along the lines of "I don't give a damn about them. I'm here for the money."

I remember that segment, because there's a lot of truth behind it. Brock Lesnar is genuinely a mercenary, and it's been said already, but he's not some not some random lunkhead/jock. He's a smart businessman, and he's not the type of guy, who's going to do what's best for WWE.

Lesnar had a year long feud with Triple H, he decisively defeated The Undertaker at Wrestlemania, he beat CM Punk at Summerslam, and he humiliated John Cena at Summerslam. Whatever the case is, Orton and Daniel Bryan are the only two realistic names left on a very short list for blockbuster matches with Lesnar.

It's true, Lesnar could have intriguing feuds and good matches with the likes of Dean Ambrose and Sheamus, but WWE promotes and uses Lesnar as a major special attraction, so either way you look at it, it's a step down from Lesnar's previous opponents.

As far as Lesnar appearing on the UFC pay per view a few weeks ago, I'm in the camp that believes it was nothing more than a power play on Lesnar's part to back Vince into a corner, with hopes of a bigger paycheck(s). I'm not an MMA expert, but Lesnar is slowly inching towards 38, so there has to be some serious doubts for him performing at a high level in a legit fight again.

Personally, I'm a fan of Lesnar, so I'm hoping he resigns, but I'm leaning towards Lesnar walking away. You have to believe Brock Lesnar has more than enough money saved up, and Lesnar doesn't strike me as the type of guy, who recklessly blows his money. Going by everything I know, he's a recluse, who likes to hunt and keep to himself, so he doesn't fit the mold of someone, who lives a lavish and flashy lifestyle.

I don't think it'll make much of a difference. Through out his current run it's not like he stayed or left maybe due to the limited dates he has. Now, will he be contracted with WWE? I believe yes but it'll be like a Batista, Taker or Rock schedule with plenty of flexibility and something like, no more than 5 appearances in a year. We'll most likely see him at Big name PPVs (Summerslam, Royal Rumble, Mania) and the RAW go home shows of them and maybe post PPV RAW shows but that's probably about it.

It's a tough call with a lot of moving pieces. But as long as it is financially viable, I think it would be a mistake to let Brock Lesnar leave. The fact of the matter is that he's a draw. He was a draw in his first WWE run, he was a massive draw in the UFC and he is a draw now. Like gym or not, people like to see Brock Lesnar in a competitive scenario and the the WWE should be looking to take advantage of that. But like I said, it needs to be appropriate. You really don't want to start a trend where Lesnar is getting paid double the money as others but working half of the dates. At that stage you have to worry about the effect you're having on the rest of the your roster.

But for me, the WWE will no doubt sign Brock Lesnar. Brock seems happy with his current deal, it's a sweet gig. He works very little and he gets paid a lot of money for doing it. His body isn't beat up like it was in the UFC and his life must be pretty good right now. Sometimes I think that he's a moron for not signing sooner because 90% of people in his position would love to get a deal like he has.

In my gut, I'm thinking he stays but my head is still undecided. I think he'd be crazy to go back to the UFC with what is on the table at the WWE. But it's his choice at the end of the day. And if he doesn't want to be in the WWE, then I don't want him there.

If they can maybe get another year out of him with his current deal then I think they should resign him. He could maybe work Extreme Rules and have a rematch Reigns. There are still some potential opponents for Lesnar like Orton, Sheamus, Bryan and RYBACK. They are going to need some big name talent to sell out WM 32 next year.
However I seriously doubt that he is going to take a pay cut or work more dates. So I think they should give him a extension and match the deal he has now for another year or two. But if he refuses and wants more money then they should let him go.

Brock Lesnar is a mercenary first, last and always. For him, it is all about the Benjamins. The only way I see Lesnar sticking around is if VKM gives Lesnar the keys to the McMahon safe.

Let's be real: Unless he keeps the deal that he has with Stamford, MMA is a better bet. Why? here is the answer: Far less work for just about the same cash in MMA. How is that so? Answer: Because he could train for months on hand for a fight that lasts 4-5 minutes maybe twice a year. If VKM tells Lesnar he needs to fight 20 dates a year, guarandamtee you that he is going to fight an average of 20-25 mins a night. You are still taking bumps, being punched, and being thrown to the outsde. In MMA, you are in a cage for 1-15 mins tops. And, then it is only 2-3 matches a year.

Look, Lesnar is as good as gone. He will drop the belt to Reigns next Sunday. It will be completely shit on by everyone. And, finally, VKM will have an awful lot of egg on his face.

Whether Brock Lesnar signs with UFC or not, I don't think he leaves the WWE. This is kind of what I see happening here with Brock Lesnar. It seems that Lesnar wants to try his hand at the UFC World Title one more time, but doesn't want to risk leaving his cushy position in the WWE because he knows that offer will probably never come up again. Let's say Lesnar opts out of his contract with WWE, signs with UFC, and than loses his first two fights... at this point he's 38 with no fall back plan, and just gave up easy money from the WWE. That's bad decision making.

So, what does Lesnar try to do? He tries to work Vince. He tries to convince Vince that he would be more of a commodity as a "two-sport" athlete. That by going to UFC and winning the title, he would be making WWE money. This way, if Brock's UFC plans fall through, he has WWE to fall back on... of course Mcmahon's a pretty good businessman himself and seems to be calling Lesnar's bluff, which has Lesnar's panties in a bunch. I really think this is the issue, but I could be way off base.

Basically, I think the UFC option is a bluff for Lesnar and one way or another, he will be back with the WWE.

Let's say Lesnar opts out of his contract with WWE, signs with UFC, and than loses his first two fights... at this point he's 38 with no fall back plan, and just gave up easy money from the WWE. That's bad decision making.

That statement made me think of Ken Shamrock. He's another guy who wanted to follow his heart and get back into the world of "real fighting." He did it, stretched his martial arts fighting career as long as it could go......and now we read on rumor sheets that he wants to get back into pro wrestling but can't get a call-back from Vince McMahon.

Okay, he made his bed and now has to lie in it. Fair enough.

For Brock, many of us feel his WWE participation has been only about money; he hasn't seemed to have any particular problem jobbing, after having taken losses from Triple H and John Cena.....he just wants to get paid. For that reason, I honestly can't figure whether he has any real intention of re-joining UFC or not. If it's just a negotiating tactic, I wish they'd get beyond it already, especially if uncertainty as to whether Brock will sign a new contract is keeping WWE's storyline plans in limbo.

Of course, it could all be a work.....they might already know whether he's signing .....or not signing. If that's the case, we have only 9 more days to wait and get all the answers to this mystery, which is starting to get kind of old.

If Brock Lesnar ever comes to ask me "What should I do?". I (and almost everyone, who knows pro wrestling is not legitimate fighting) would answer him to stay right here in WWE. I think, he should stick with WWE if he doesn't want to damage his body anymore. From the health standpoint, the best choice for him is to stay at home here in WWE. What he cares about is is money he gets paid for showing his face. If hes enough stamina and energy to work MMA and he gets money more than what he is getting here then, he will opt for MMA. We have been smart because of internet. But, one will agree that Vince McMahon used to be one of the best (if not the best) storymakers. Sometimes, even The Montreal Screwjob is considered a work, which I also think. They also bringing reference to The Screwjob which I think should be for some reason. No one can judge what Vince McMahon is thinking. But, I think Vince McMahon can convince Lesnar to stay because he is a bonafide businessman also. He has convinced people before and can do it again in order to increase buyrates. So, there is a strong possibility that Lesnar should stay here, atleast according to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back