Would you like to say adios to ADR?

• Si

• No

• No, but he definitlly needs a gimmick tweak

Results are only viewable after voting.

JaceEvans

The Sensational One
This was posted on wrestlezone front page
F4Wonline.com is reporting that the relationship between WWE and Alberto Del Rio is becoming heated.

Reportedly, Del Rio had a major dispute with a top WWE official and threatened to quit the company. One source says Del Rio is frustrated with his current standing in the company, while a second source claims the incident wasn't a big deal and the dispute was more about contractual terms. A third source believes the incident between Del Rio and management is a combination of the first two reports.

Del Rio is viewed by WWE as having leverage. He has no personal issues with income and could easily return to Mexico as a former WWE Superstar. In the report, one WWE employee questions how legitimate Del Rio's concussion really was. Del Rio was apparently "too injured" to work his match against Sheamus Sunday at the No Way Out pay-per-view but was healthy enough to perform on Monday Night RAW. The employee thinks the concussion was a cover up because of the issues going on between Del Rio and officials. The feeling is WWE would rather claim he has a concussion to get him out of a high profile title match, and not risk Del Rio going into business for himself.

Could this be the end of ADR's short run in the WWE?

I for one hope not, sure his character is getting staler then day old bread but I definitely think he has more positives then negatives, both from a business stand point and a entertainer stand point. For one he is an excellent Mexican wrestler who can wrestle WWE's style, and now a days that seems like a rare commodity. Secondly, he helps WWE's marketability in latin markets and shows WWE's diversity worldwide.

So what do you guys make of this?

ADR ADIOS?

Sounds like bullshit to me. These back stage rumors tend to get blown out of proportion. After missing months with an injury Del Rio stepped right back into the main event. What's to be upset about? The MITB commercial is all about him. I doubt that would have been done if WWE was having problems with him. As for the concussion, I'm sure he was looked at by a WWE doctor. He probably could have wrestled on Sunday but since he suffered the concussion a little over a week before the ppv they probably pulled him from the match as a precaution just in case he couldn't go. Depending on the severity on the concussion a wrestler could be out for a couple days, couple weeks, or couple months. Rather than wait until the night of the ppv and have to make a switch WWE decided to have a guaranteed match set up ahead of time just in case Del Rio's concussion was going to keep him out longer than a week. He probably knew he could go a couple days before the ppv but by then the switch had been made. None of us really know what goes on behind the scenes but I'm not going to put much stock into this rumor.

Adios? I sure as hell hope not. I may be in the minority, but I like Del Rio. He has a good gimmick and is very smooth in the ring. All he needs is some help on the mic and he would be great. Then again, this rumour could be just that: a rumour. I'm not going to pay too much mind into this, as it may not be true. Once again, I hope Del Rio sticks around.

Adios? I sure as hell hope not. I may be in the minority, but I like Del Rio. He has a good gimmick and is very smooth in the ring. All he needs is some help on the mic and he would be great. Then again, this rumour could be just that: a rumour. I'm not going to pay too much mind into this, as it may not be true. Once again, I hope Del Rio sticks around.

I am in the minority with you because I have liked him from the start. I love the gimmick, and like you said he is very smooth in the ring. I hope this is just a rumor because I don't want to see Del Rio go.

I think it would be a great loss to the WWE to see Alberto Del Rio pack up and leave. I don't think this story is anything to put much stock into though, and it's been noted that his place in the company seems to be just fine. I love ADR, I think his cross armbreaker is one of the best looking moves in the E, his all around in ring ability is on par with anyone you'd care to mention in the E, and I don't think he's lacking in any area. I especially love how most of the time he seems just so damn excited to be who he is. No one is more enamored by ADR than ADR, and I think that's a great part of his gimmick. Don't sweat the dirt sheets folks, it's their job to stir the pot.

I really hope not. ADR is one of the best in-ring performers among the current WWE roster. He is one of the few Mexican wrestlers in the WWE, and also has no problems with wrestlers with non-lucha backgrounds. I get that he is not very over with the crowd, but sometimes all it takes is a kick to the head (and 18 seconds).

I highly doubt the legitimacy of this report. As Brain said, if he was about to leave (or threatened to do so), WWE would never have put him in the MITB commercial.

good god please let Del Rio get pissed and quit he sucks and hes useless I never got what WWE saw in him anyway. I am however surprised to see this I never thought he was on bad terms with WWE he wins all the time and usually when someone is in deep shit with WWE they dont win all their matches. I dont expect him to quit for real but I truley hope he does.

While I don't believe this for a second, I don't think it would be a huge blow to the WWE, in the long run. Short term, it would really hurt the WWE, though. With the lack of main eventers and the entire roster, really, the WWE would take yet another big time blow. ADR needs to step up right now and him skipping out on the WWE would just decimate that weak front line. Long term, though, he'd be forgotten -- especially once guys like Jericho, Orton, and Mysterio return. ADR isn't exactly the most over main eventer and is seen by many as being quite boring. That's the type of guy that is easily replaceable.

Like I said, though -- I don't buy this. He's working a main event program with the World Heavyweight Champion, being booked as being very strong, and he's generally in good graces with the WWE. Don't believe me? Check out the Money in the Bank poster -- it's got Alberto Del Rio's face plastered on it. If a guy was near quitting, he wouldn't be featured as a huge part of a PPV, nor would he be in the situation that Alberto Del Rio is right now. This strikes me as another case of the Internet overhyping or maybe even fabricating rumors -- kind of like how Triple H doesn't want Mick Foley on WWE TV, right? Wait...

I wouldn't worry about it. So in the heat of a moment Del Rio threatens to quit. The dirt sheets hear that and blow it out of proportion.

Kinda reminds me of way back when my father threatened to throw my Super Nintendo out the window if I didn't study more.

ADR needs to go the fact that they push him is ridiculous hes a waste of money i have never liked him since day one and i think the WWE will be better without him especailly since there always pushing him in our throats

They don't even really need to tweak his gimmick much, the reason why he isn't over is because nobody wants to see a rich heel guy win clean by making others tap out make him win dirty make us hate the fact that he is winning when he shouldn't be, last i checked hunico and camacho were just jobbing to sin cara,but them in a stable with ADR(this is what I've been wanting to see for months), have him hire them as enforcers, since he's this rich Mexican aristocrat anyway have all 3 them assault the crap out of shaemus(they're masked of course), hes injured, vacate the title next week on raw and announce a tournament to crown a new champion on smackdown(ratings!). Have him win the title and then next week he throws a party on raw, cena calls him out at the end of the show that it was him who attacked shaemus, Camacho and Hunico run out help him fight off cena, raw goes off air after hes had cena in the cross arm bar he grabs the mike and says "you know what john your right it was me." Super heat, and after he successfully defends against cena, sheamus cuts a promo as soon as he beats cena on the titantron saying hes coming for him, and he is in the building. we get a feud that could get some serious length out of it and both could benefit from it. Oh and it's PG.

While backstage rumors almost always get completely blown out of proportion - what would WWE really be losing???

This is a guy who's had 1 lackluster championship run and wrestles once every 4 months....and draws poor ratings. The fact of the matter is WWE gets more mileage and use out of Ricardo Rodriguez than they do Del Rio. Has he beat anyone other than Santino in 2012????

To quote The Rock - if you don't wanna be here, then you do just like the slogan says and you get the F out!

From what I've seen of ADR, and that's not much since I usually make his screen time coincide with my bathroom breaks, he seems pretty bland & the gimmick is tired.

OMG does he fucking suck! Bathroom break whenever he wrestles. Whatever the "E" sees in him, I'll never know.

His gimick NEVER appealed to me. The "Mexican Aristocrat" works in Mexico, not in the US. He sucks on the mic, is very pedestrian in the ring, and cannot generate REAL heat. He is staler than the moth balls in grandma's closet.

God riddens ya' jackass!

Del Rio was apparently "too injured" to work his match against Sheamus Sunday at the No Way Out pay-per-view but was healthy enough to perform on Monday Night RAW.

Of course, there's no way to know for sure how a performer is feeling, but I saw him hold his head a couple of times on Monday night after a particularly rugged move. It could be he was willing to go in the ring even though he wasn't 100%, and the decision to keep him off the PPV wasn't his, but management's.

As to the reaction to him saying adios, it would be mixed. I still say many modern fans of pro wrestling will never appreciate what this guy brings to the mesa. Many of you plainly don't want to see wrestlers work a match; you want to see them hit high-profile, high-flying spots.....and then move on to the next match. I still marvel when I watch Raw or Smackdown and see people with front row seats looking in every direction except the ring while two guys are exchanging holds and working a match. "Fans" like that are never going to appreciate Alberto Del Rio.

The folks who "get" what ADR is doing will want him to stay.....the others find him boring and want him out.

....and so it goes. I hope he stays.

I highly, highly doubt this. They have put too much time into him. He's won the WWE twice, he a MITB winner and the Royal Rumble winner. Somebody loves him and I doubt that will change anytime soon. He was still in the WHC match until he got injured so there still high on him Imo.

I would very much be pleased if ADR said "adios" to the WWE. Honestly, I've never seen anything special in the guy. Yes, he's a big guy with a decent look. As far as in the ring goes, he's mediocre at best. Again, nothing that really grabs ya and makes you notice him. I actually seen ADR at a RAW house show before he debuted on television and they were calling him "Alberto Rodriguez". He won a match against Goldust and I thought he had potential. That was 2 or 3 years ago and I'm still waiting to see that potential realized. Instead, we get the same bland, generic "destiny" spiel and the same mediocre matches that I would use as bathroom breaks in between big events on RAW or Smackdown[which ever show he's on that I'm watchin'].

For every Alberto Del Rio, there are ten Dolph Zigglers, Jack Swaggers, or others way more deserving in developemental or already established on TV to take his spot happily. Viya con dios!

I don't care for ADR. All of his promos are nearly identical. He shows no emotion. The guy is nearly 40 and thinks he deserves a top spot? Why? Because of what SOMEONE ELSE in his family accomplished.

If he gets canned, I look forward to seeing him taking another infamous Cro-Cop Kick.

Like most others, I've not putting much stock into this. According to the dirtsheets, there's always seems to be some sort of drama going on these days in which someone threatens to quit or is being depushed or is being buried. There's always backstage heat on this guy or that guy.

I think it'd be a shame if Del Rio left. I've been a fan of the guy since he got there. I agree that his character is a little stale and a few tweaks could give it a fresh feel, but the guy's got lots of talent. I enjoy watching him inside the ring, the guy can put on an entertaining match. As Sally basically said, he's a guy that knows how to wrestle well and isn't about stringing together high spots.

I do think some sort of tweak is needed, however. Del Rio is someone that, to me, has lost tons of momentum that he's just never gotten back since late last year. His introduction into the WWE Championship scene last year against Punk & Cena resulted in two retchedly mediocre title runs. The first week of his first run was pretty fun as he had two highly competetive matches against Daniel Bryan & Rey Mysterio. After that, he was basically booked to be John Cena & CM Punk's bitch. Then he gets injured, resulting in having to spend several months on the sidelines. Since coming back, he definitely doesn't have the wind in his sails like he once did.

It may just be a rumor. If it is not then it seems that wwe would be running out of main eventers. This seems to be a big problem unless they put jericho on smackdown.

At first i didn't like Alberto Del Rio but he has grown on me and i would not like to see him leave in my eyes he has a long career ahead of him as long as he stays away from injury and he could have quite a few more World title reigns if he decided to stay.

Don't you guys ever just go to the bathroom when there's a commercial on? lol.

Anyway, I'm tired of del Rio but I think he's got something we haven't seen yet...I'm just waiting for it to show up. Part of it, as always, is creative's fault.

He just needs a gimmick tweak and a huge push. His title reigns have been a fail and his MITB or Royal Rumble wins have not got him anywhere.:wtf:

A jump to TNA won't be too bad. He can have matches with some great guys over there and they would definetly make him big.:rolleyes:

If WWE want him happy, the least they could do is let his dream come true; beating taker at mania. Lame but not if they tweak him and push him. If he does beat him this is my idea; Takers going for the old skool thingy and then del rio reverses it into his armbar...Taker taps out! 20-1.:shrug:

Personally, I'm not much of a fan of the guy so I'm not sure I would really care if he left other than the fact that the roster would be pretty short-handed without him. I'm not discrediting his in-ring ability because it is there. I for one am usually more drawn to heels and he just doesn't do anything for me. I think he needs something else to add to his character to get him over. I'm with Brain and Jack-Hammer and others, I don't really think there's much too all of this. Concussions are funny and if what I read is right, everyone that has one is different and the Money in the Bank ad that has been airing is pretty obvious.

He bores me stupid and I wouldn't miss him in the slightest if he left. As I said in the live chat the other night, Damien Sandow is already doing a far better job with a similiar kind of character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back