• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A rare acknowledge made on Raw...

Ruthless-RKO

F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
On Raw Paul Heyman mentioned that Vickie Guerrero is a widow, though he didn't invoke the name 'Eddie Guerrero.' Clearly this is common knowledge, but WWE has almost never mentioned this in all of her time as a heel character for WWE. The announcers don't mention it. Her rivals don't mention it. She doesn't mention it. It's easy to understand why WWE doesn't have it mentioned. It makes her sympathetic when WWE wants her to be unlikable.

It should be noted that on a few occasions Vickie has made references to Eddie, but they are almost always non-verbal references. She has done some of Eddie's signature taunts and she has used a top rope splash dubbed by the announcers as the 'Hog Splash.'

As a fan, I have wondered if Vickie would ever use 'the Eddie card' during an in-ring confrontation with someone like Cena or Mr. McMahon to try to put them off-guard or to mess with the audience. On Raw, we got one of the closest things to doing this, though it wasn't done by Vickie and Eddie's name wasn't used.

I just thought I'd point this out as it was something I picked up on right away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back