A 'Global' Idea

Megatron

Justin Verlander > You
Taken from GWF.com

R. Brandon Burgess said:
July 4, 2009

Hello all! I hope everyone is having a happy Independence Day with their families. I am Brandon Burgess, and you'll hear from me on this website once every three or four weeks. Many of you may be curious as to what my relevance with you is, but in due time, you will find out. It might take a week. It might take a month. It might take a year. But soon, you will find out what my master plan is. Until then, enjoy your holidays, be safe, and make sure you check out this website sporadically. You don't need to waste your time checking here every day. There won't be anything new posted here for a while, but when something is posted, it will surely shock your world.

Sincerly yours,
R. Brandon Burgess, President & CEO of ION Media Networks

R. Brandon Burgess said:
July 25, 2009

Greetings again all both old and young. I hope you are enjoying your weekend, because I know I sure am. I have some great news that you all will be interested in as well. I had a business meeting with some of my business associates this past Thursday and pitched my idea to them. I told them about all of the research that I did and they seemed quite positive about my idea, which has certainly put me in a cheerful mood. They've told me that they would have to analyze the move to see if it would be beneficial to our company, first and foremost, and if we had the expenses to do it. It may take a few weeks for a decision to be made, but for them to even consider my pitch has made me giddy with excitement! :D

Enthusiastically,

Taken from GWF.com

R. Brandon Burgess said:
August 21, 2009

Hola, señoras y señores. I'm minutes away from having another meeting with my associates to see if they'll support me in my idea. My hands are beginning to sweat in anticipation and I can't wait, good or bad, for their decision. For them to take this long in making a decision gives me hope that they thought about it long and hard and have gone in my favor. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up, as I shall be giving an update from the meeting either tommorow or the next day. Please have hope with me that they give my idea a chance. Thank you.

With nervousness,

Taken from GWF.com

R. Brandon Burgess said:
August 23, 2009

Hello all yet again. After a long, heated argument where I tried to plead my case, I have some good news... and some bad news. The good news is, after heavy thought and discussion, they have agreed that my idea is a good one and that I will be allowed to air in on our main station, Ion Television. The bad news is that the budget I had planned, they've told me I'm only going to be able to use a third of it, which will hinder the production values. While that is slightly disappointing, I'm still pleased to have my idea given the green light.

Oh, I haven't told you of my idea yet, have I? I know you might be getting anxious and curious about my idea, but when all of the pieces are put together, I will inform you all of it. But please have patience, my friends. It will be the best for you.

Until next time,

Taken from GWF.com

R. Brandon Burgess said:
October 4, 2009

On this day, three months ago, I had one of the best ideas that has ever popped in my head. Yes, three months ago, I thought of something new, something original, something that could make ION Television into headline news. This idea, if everything goes to plan, will be the greatest investment of my business career.

My idea? My idea is to form my own wrestling company.

You may be wondering, am I crazy? To answer that question, yes, yes I am. However, I've disected my plan of forming this company, and I think it has the potential to be a great investment. I know some of you may thinking, this guy doesn't know anything about wrestling. However, that is where you are wrong, my friends. Have you heard about that little event the World Wrestling Entertainment hosts every year, called Wrestlemania? If you have, I'll have let you know, I was in attendence for that very first event that featured Hulk Hogan and Mr. T in the main event. Right then and there, still at quite a young age, I knew I wanted to be apart of that, in some shape or form.

I soon learned that I was not the most athletic of specimen, so becoming a wrestler wouldn't be an option for me. However, I found my way through college and am now President and CEO of a large television network, so I thought 'There's not a better time then now to start my dream'. Of course, I knew if I had nobody's backing that that idea could go right out the window. But, after that nervewracking meeting I had on the 21st of August where they supported my idea, I was on an emotional high and now my dream is more real then ever.

I have to warn you all, before you get too ahead of yourselves, that I am NOT planning on competing with the major promotions, that being the World Wrestling Entertainment, Total Nonstop Action, and Ring of Honor, ANY time for the time being. This, while a very redundant phrase in the industry, will be an alternative to those companies. Hell, once we get our feet wet, if they were interested, I would like to do some cross promotions with all three of these companies. I'm NOT trying to take over the wrestling business, friends, but simply ADD to the rich, historic history of the business. From Hulk Hogan's slam to Andre at Wrestlemania 3, to the wars between Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat in the NWA, to Hulk Hogan joining the nWo in 1996, to Austin 3:16. I want to be apart of that. I want to point this out right now, before anything drastic happens.

This website will not only be the official website of the company, which will be named Global Wrestling Federation but it will be where I post my updates on the Federation, including things such as: signings, show dates, where we will be airing from, and when we will air.

Gleefully,
R. Brandon Burgess, President & CEO of ION Television

Taken from GWF.com

R. Brandon Burgess said:
October 31, 2009

I welcome thee here on this 31st of October, the day most of you refer to as Halloween. You know how the children say 'Trick or Treat?'? Well, thanks to a few 'tricks' up my sleeve, I have some 'treats' to offer you all.

While there is no set date announced, I have a confirmed timeslot for the first ever Global Wrestling Federation show. It will be on Saturday Nights from 10:00 PM ET/9:00 CT to 11:30 PM ET/10:30 CT right here on the ION network.

Also, I have the revelation of our first of 3 titles featured in GWF, and it is the GWF Heavyweight Championship.

hooknshoot1.jpg

One final thing I have to announce. Unlike some people, I truely care about what you fans want. So, as a gift from me to you for following me through these first months, I want YOU fans to submit your choices for the name of our weekly television show to [email protected]. The name which receives the most votes when I make my next announcement will be named our signature show. Your choices are below:

A) Thunder
B) Warfare
C) Showtime
D) Throwdown

Thanks a lot,

I like what you're doing with this mate ... I'm quite interested to see what you do with it, who is going to be in it etc ... Nothing's happened but I still find myself clicking it every time a new post is made. Am following ... :)

Taken from GWF.com

R. Brandon Burgess said:
November 20, 2009

After nearly 700 votes from you fans, it has been decided that the weekly GWF show will be named Thunder. It was a close race between that and Showtime, but, with 41% of the vote, it was Thunder that came out on top.

As for when the first show will be, that will have to wait until I get a full company assembled. I felt that getting a timeslot, for anytime, should be priority #1 so that I can air the promotion. Now that that process is finished, for the time being, it is in my best duty to start assembling the roster as soon as possible. Sometime in the near future I will reveal to you some of our first signings, when those happen. Until then, goodbye, and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

All the best wishes,

Taken from GWF.com

R. Brandon Burgess said:
December 27, 2009

Greetings all, yet again, as we draw nearer and nearer to close out this fantastic year of 2009. I don't know about any of you, but these past 6 months have been some of the best 6 months of my business life. Starting GWF has just been something new, something that has drawn a spark in my life. I assure you, this is no 6 month fling. I'm in this for the long haul. And with that, I have three other nice tidbits that I think you will enjoy to go into 2010. Those tidbits, my kind followers, are the official signings of our first three personalities to GWF. Yes, in only a month, we've confirmed with 3 signings, with me contacting approximately 20 others. We're shaping up to be a nice looking company.

The first person that signed his contract on the dotted line, now formerly the 'Voice of ECW', was Joey Styles. The voice of ECW, as he was known from 1992 to it's closing in 2001, has come on board because he said he needed a 'change of pace' from working in WWE.com and was 'itching' to get back into the announcing business. He will be the play by play man and will take you through each and every show of Thunder.

The man that will be assisting Mr. Styles in commentating Thunder, along with being our second signing, is 'The Coach' Jonathan Coachman. 'Coach', which is what he'll be referred as, was formerly a commentator and part time General Manager for the WWE's RAW brand before joining ESPN as a sportscaster back in April of 2008. As I said above, Coach will be giving his own insights into each show, which should no doubt provide some entertaining moments.

And our third, and currently final as of this moment, signing is also our first wrestler to have signed. Paul 'The Great' Wight, formerly known in the WWE as The Big Show, inked his name on a contract just last night. The 7 foot giant has had great success wherever he's gone, from being the WCW World Heavyweight Champion, to being a multiple time WWE Champion. Paul took a year off in 07, but came back last year and looked better then ever. He's said that the WWE's constant travel schedule was too much on his body and he needs something that won't destroy his body after a year. We are glad that Paul has joined, and are greatly anticipating how he will shape up the GWF world.

Have a safe and happy New Year,

Ugh. I have bad news for everyone. The computer with all of my work on, has died. Not only has it died, but I doubt it'll get taken to be repaired, since it was only a cheap notebook computer. So, with that being said, the work that I had done, is wiped clean. It sucks, hard. Because of that, I can't continue this project. And while some of you were excited about this project, I'm sad to disapoint you. However, I'm trying to bounce back and get back to my old 2007 thread, because I can't ever stay away from it long enough. So, for now, this is the end of this long term building project, sadly.

I apologize to those who were waiting for another update, because that won't happen for a long time. In fact, next time you see me, it WILL be me posting a new show in 07 thread.

/disappointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back