Muse vs They Might be Giants

• Muse

• They Might be Giants

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
1st Round 90's Region Match

Muse vs They Might be Giants

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

Muse is an excellent band, and They Might Be Giants is a niche band that's made a career out of doing annoying television theme songs (Malcolm and the Middle) and commercial jingles that make you want to throw your remote at the television (Dunkin' Donuts). I've only heard one song other than those, and the singer was singing with a robot voice.

I know they have their fans... I remember that they charged a fortune to see them in concert here a couple years ago, and to this day, I'm not sure how they got to the point they're at. Most things that aren't appealing to me, I can look at objectively and see how other people would like them. They Might Be Giants does not fall into that category for me.

Vote for Muse just based on Knights of Cydonia alone, nevermind that their last two albums are so great.

Muse is one of those bands where the first time i heard them, i hated the sound, yet as time went on i really started to like them.
they're a good solid band which puts out decent songs.

TMBG - the only song i've really heard is the malcolm in the middle and thought a) the lyrics were pointless, b) the singer had an annoying voice and c) hated the music.

so muse have my vote here

Had to go with Muse here. Even though I love They Might Be Giants.

Alot of people listen to one track from a band, and then assume thats what all of their material sounds like. Idiotic at best. Especially when it's a band as eclectic in it's styles and genres as TMBG. Forget their Malcolm in the Middle jingles, and go check out their early, 80s material. It's total gold.

But, Muse is great as well. Even though they sound a bit too much like Radiohead for my liking, they still are a solid band. They earned my vote here.

Gone for They Might Be Giants as I loved the Lacom in the Middle song. I did have an album somewhere, that was a good few years back now tyhough.

Muse I fail to see what the appeal is. Recently voted the number 1 live band(yes live band, over things like Nirvana : Unplugged, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden etc). On that, they deserve to get knocked out very early!

Even though they sound a bit too much like Radiohead for my liking, they still are a solid band.

I get that a lot. I see the influences, but they aren't as prominent as I find people claim.

Vote for Muse just based on Knights of Cydonia alone, nevermind that their last two albums are so great.

Even though I find Absolution and Black Holes & Revelations to be fantastic, fantastic albums, and Knights of Cydonia to be incredibly good, I find Origin or Symmetry and its tracks to be overlooked too often. New Born and Plug In Baby are particular favourites, as well as their cover of Feeling Good. Personally, I feel Muse are an awesome force as a live band, and many agree with me, so...

Here's some HAARP (Muse live @ Wembley Stadium) videos to win some people over:

(From OOS) New Born
[youtube]JjYA1Hyu6ss[/youtube]

(From OOS) Plug In Baby
[youtube]gVystFVwdzk[/youtube]

(From Absolution) Time Is Running Out
[youtube]mC6bjJkPcL4[/youtube]

(From BH & R) Supermassive Black Hole
[youtube]n-4xI7FYSF0[/youtube]

Something went crazy, can someone merge these two?

Muse I fail to see what the appeal is. Recently voted the number 1 live band(yes live band, over things like Nirvana : Unplugged, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden etc). On that, they deserve to get knocked out very early!

Because a band is overrated they deserve to be knocked out early? No, if a band is worse than the one they're facing they deserve to be knocked out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back