Red Hot Chili Peppers vs Fuel

• Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Fuel

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

3rd Round 90's / 00's Region Match

#7 Red Hot Chili Peppers vs #26 Fuel

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

Obviously, I am going to be going down with the ship in this round. I think Fuel is a band superior to many, and that Carl Bell is one of the premier songwriters in rock music today. I also feel Brett Scallions was among the top frontmen of the 90's.

RHCP is a buzzsaw right now, and obviously they are going to cut down Fuel. I came to terms with that last round, and I am thrilled Fuel got here. All I ask, is that when you log on to vote for RHCP, take a last look at Fuel, appreciate the music, and maybe download or buy some of their stuff. Pick up their 3rd album, "Natural Selection" because it is top to bottom solid.

[youtube]-ui--gClG6Q[/youtube]

The Red Hot Chili Peppers just refuse to make bad music, and I see them coasting again here against a band that I know IC will fight for in Fuel, but it just won't and shouldn't happen, RHCP is just far better in all categories that this tournament is based on:

Mainstream Hits: Knock Me Down, Give It Away, Under the Bridge, Suck My Kiss, My Friends, Scar Tissue, Otherside, Californication, By the Way, The Zephyr Song, Can't Stop, Dani California, Tell Me Baby, Snow

Commercial Success:
Blood Sugar Sex Magik: 12x Platinum
One Hot Minute: 5x Platinum
Californication: 15x Platinum
By the Way and Stadium Arcadium I cannot find official numbers for, but SA sold 7 million copies in 2006.

They just blend so many different styles into their music and deserve to a go a very long way in this tournament, they have stayed true to themselves (Keidis and Flea who are the original band members) they have survived through the death of original guitarist and bad heroin addiction. They are a badn that I believe will stand the test of time, I mean I heard Under the Bridge 3 days ago on the radio and it was released in 1991. I honestly don't think I go a day without hearing their music somewhere. It is just fantastic, people don't listen to others, vote the Red Hot Chili Peppers, the best band of the new millenium and the 90s!!

The Red Hot Chili Peppers just refuse to make bad music, and I see them coasting again here against a band that I know IC will fight for in Fuel, but it just won't and shouldn't happen, RHCP is just far better in all categories that this tournament is based on:

I won't fight for Fuel here. I just want people to respect them. I know they are going to get beaten, and probably pretty bad. I knew this would happen when I saw the brackets.

Mainstream Hits: Knock Me Down, Give It Away, Under the Bridge, Suck My Kiss, My Friends, Scar Tissue, Otherside, Californication, By the Way, The Zephyr Song, Can't Stop, Dani California, Tell Me Baby, Snow!!

You forgot Aeroplane. Great song. Everyone leaves out their comeback album, "One Hot Minute."

Commercial Success:
Blood Sugar Sex Magik: 12x Platinum
One Hot Minute: 5x Platinum
Californication: 15x Platinum
By the Way and Stadium Arcadium I cannot find official numbers for, but SA sold 7 million copies in 2006.

Great numbers. Absolutely ridiculous consistency when you consider the internal problems the band had and the VERY long hiatus. Such talent here.

They just blend so many different styles into their music and deserve to a go a very long way in this tournament, they have stayed true to themselves (Keidis and Flea who are the original band members) they have survived through the death of original guitarist and bad heroin addiction. They are a badn that I believe will stand the test of time, I mean I heard Under the Bridge 3 days ago on the radio and it was released in 1991. I honestly don't think I go a day without hearing their music somewhere. It is just fantastic, people don't listen to others, vote the Red Hot Chili Peppers, the best band of the new millenium and the 90s!!

They will ba a tough band to upend. I cannot wait until they match up with Pearl Jam or Alice in Chains.

Yeah they had that hiatus in the mid 90s when Dave Navarro was the guitarist, it was under the album One Hot Minute which was their least successful album since the start of the 90s. But yeah I now see the score is 10-1 in favor of the Peppers and I know you basically conceided defeat in this one at the end of the last round, RHCP seem to be a force in this thing so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back