Red Hot Chili Peppers vs AFI

• Red Hot Chili Peppers

• AFI

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
1st Round 90's Region Match

Red Hot Chili Peppers vs AFI

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!​

again, this is another draw where no matter how good the other band is, it's hard to get past the influence the chilis have had in music. massive mainstream success, some outstanding songs, and a bassist named Flea? its hard to vote against that. RCHPs win this one

RHCP...well they are an automatic win here for me over AFI. I enjoy AFI very much don't get me wrong, butI feel they are to green yet to go over in this tournament. Take that and all the hit songs the Peppers have.

Dude AFI was decent, but their most recent album is total crap, I would have a tough time voting them against most any band.

But the RHCP are my personal pick win the 90s region, they are one of my top 5 favorite bands of all time and I strongly feel that it is nearly impossible to dislike the RHCP, their music just is so excellent that even casual fans really love the band. A at a concert the guitarist wore a sock on his cock, how cool is that?

Gotta go with RHCP here of course. AFI is decent. They've got a few good songs on my iPod, but that's about the extent of my like for them. All of my friends used to try so hard to get me to listen to them when I was younger, and all I could tell them was "This is shit, put on some Germs if we're going to listen to 'punk rock'".

RHCP have had quite the long and successful career, and it's hard to do that in the music business. They've been on top of the rock world from the late 80s to now, that's quite impressive.

Just the song "Under the Bridge" is enough for me to vote for RHCP here.

yeah looking at it theres really no way I can vote against Red Hot Chili Peppers, theyve been so succesful for so long and have had their music grow and evolve so much over the years that theyre a sure pick, and even though Im having trouble getting into their newer music I love their old funk sound with almost a little rap mixed in, and in all honesty AFI is just meh to me Ive given them two or three chances to impress me and theyve failed miserably, and even if they were a pretty good band theyd still have no shot in this round seeing as hor RHCP are straight legends

Even though I've heard a very limited amount of AFI's music, but I've heard enough to know that they don't compare to The Chili Peppers. I mean really, its almost like the Peppers get Better with Age, All of their albums from the 90's have been incredible, with each album containing at least two or more songs that all turned into Classics over the years.

RHCP have allways been a favorite of mine hell i love them to be blunt. But theres a point to where this becomes a absolute squash. This isnt even fair hell i didnt even know afi was from the 90's let alone they had more than one song. I can say they only song that i didnt like outta the rhcp was there snow hey o song. It was just to depressing sounding to me. Really tho bad ass squash match.

I like AFI and have one of their albums (do not own any RHCPs), but RHCP is the clear winner here. Their music is getting ready to enter its third decade of mainstream brilliance, and AFI cannot even begin to compete with that kind of influence on popular culture. RHCP also didn't sell out to be a great influence on pop culture, either, scoring them even more points from my perspective.

AFI are a good band... got some pretty damn good songs, but they just cannot compare with RHCP... there is just on way they can live up to them, popularity, musical talent, influence... they don't even come close.

I went with AFI for one reason, they had no votes. RHCP should win this battle, HAnds down. Total body of work, almost all RHCP albums are really good, AFI are hit and miss most of the time.

How the hell can someone vote AFI over the Chillis. AFI are annoying to say the very least. And are what I dislike the most about modern Rock music. They don't have a distinctive sound. it is generic to a degree. Whereas you have the Chillis who are perhaps one of the greatest bands of the 90's and today. They have a distinctive sound that you can hear but the songs are different. It is just Easy vote Chillis.

How the hell can someone vote AFI over the Chillis. AFI are annoying to say the very least. And are what I dislike the most about modern Rock music. They don't have a distinctive sound. it is generic to a degree. Whereas you have the Chillis who are perhaps one of the greatest bands of the 90's and today. They have a distinctive sound that you can hear but the songs are different. It is just Easy vote Chillis.

Seriously. I need everyone to hold up their wrists - the one with the bloody bandages is the AFI culprit. I don't mid AFI - Silver and Cold is a great song. They aren't in RCHP's league, let alone the same ballpark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back