Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
90's Region – Martin vs Rab C. Nesbitt

0000036428_20061212174217.jpg

VS

rab_c_nesbitt1.jpg

Note: Although Rab C. Nesbitt began in 1988, we have included it in the 90's region.

Martin was terrible...but I never heard of Rab C. Nesbitt. I'll vote Martin here only because of Sha Nay Nay. I don't know how to spell that. Don't care. Martin Lawrence was funny, but this show wasn't that funny at all. This will probably be the only vote I give Martin. Why couldn't you be paired with Frasier?

I never expected Rab C Nesbitt to turn up here. I could link to the episodes and it'd still have no chance because very few would be able to understand it.

So why should you vote for Rab? Because fuck Martin Lawrence, that's why. Martin Lawrence is the absolute, 100%, undoubtedly, most definite shit stamp on a TV show/Film that there is. Seriously, if it's got Martin Lawrence in it, it's guaranteed to be absolutely fucking abysmal. You want to know how unfunny Martin Lawrence is? He's less funny than Jar Jar Binks.
Now as for the Rab, he's a drunk, he's a waster, he's never done anything worthy in his life and he's totally OK with it. He wanders the streets of Glasgow, talking to the camera while philosophising on the role and hopelessness of the everyday man, whether it's better to screws up your kids giving them a inferiority complex so they've something to aim for, the vicious cycle of alcohol abuse and society in general. Unfortunately most of the clips are too long to fully understand but I like this clip, even if it's simple

[YOUTUBE]Nrmcxa1yBec[/YOUTUBE]

He'd probably object to me posting that vid. In the very last episode he goes on a rant about how the media ignores the dregs of society until it benefits them, takes his video camera and goes to record those who he feels are ignoring him about the death of his son.

[YOUTUBE]Utvs6HwItlE[/YOUTUBE]

I went with Martin...Not really sure why though. It was borderline funny, and the show wasn't all that great, but I have no idea what the other show is...

Martin Lawrence was always very hit and miss, and this show exemplified that. It would either have you holding your sides in, or it would have you scratching your ass and reaching for the remote...This may be the only vote it gets from me...

I went with Rab because it is a fucking institution in Scotland. It is possibly one of the best British comedies in history and one of the most intriguing and brilliantly funny casts to ever assemble to make a show. You may not have heard of it but I promise if you look it up, you will love what you see. People in Scotland still talk about it with fond memories even though it has been finished for years. I know that not a lot of people will be able to understand what the Hell they are saying but trust me, it is a brilliant show. The fact it is losing to a show that was not even remotely funny is shocking. Lariat's first statement was incredible. Just because you haven't heard of a show doesn't mean it is a bad show or is worse. Look it up! These tournaments are all about expanding your horizons.

Lariat says martin was 'terrible' NSL says it was 'borderling funny' yet still vote for it. This is why this tournament is pissing me off, no one is doing research but American posters are voting for the American show.

Rab C Nesbitt is brilliant, from the first show in 88 to the christmas special of 2008 it kept its hilarity, something which Martin never had.

So why should you vote for Rab? Because fuck Martin Lawrence, that's why.

I was completely torn on this vote basically out of indifference until I read that. Congratulations Loveless, you've won me over. Nesbitt is getting my vote.

I've never seen Rab C. Nesbitt, but it seems like it could be pretty good. I'll have to watch an episode online and get a taste for it, but Martin was...I don't know. It wasn't the worst show on TV, but it was still pretty bad. I watched it quite a bit when I was younger, but you must remember those were the days before everyone had 800 channels kids, and when your choices are between the home shopping network and Martin, you go with Martin.

Martin would often cross dress and play that character, what was her name? Shaniqua or something similarly stereotypical? Yeah, that alone cost them my vote here. Men-in-dresses humor is not funny. Ever. Sorry Brits, I know that's half of your entire comedic background there, but it's simply not funny. It wasn't funny when Monty Python were doing it, and it's not funny when Martin Lawrence does it.

Nesbitt gets my vote. Thanks to Loveless.

Incredibly awful matchup here. Martin Lawrence is just annoying as hell. Any show centered around him is pure and utter garbage. Really, who could sit through a whole episode of that show?

I can't understand hardly anything in the Rab videos that were posted. Literally have no idea. Wasn't funny to me a bit. Except for the part where the kid said his mom had big tits. That's something you won't see in America, so Rab gets my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back