Linkin Park vs Marilyn Manson

• Linkin Park

• Marilyn Manson

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

2nd Round 90's / 00's Region Match

#15 Linkin Park vs #50 Marilyn Manson

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

Ugh, both of these bands are utterly terrible IMO and make me either want to kill myself or hurt infants, I don't think I can vote for either one, unless someone can convince me that while I listen to one of these bands to not choke a baby at the same time.

Ugh, both of these bands are utterly terrible IMO and make me either want to kill myself or hurt infants, I don't think I can vote for either one, unless someone can convince me that while I listen to one of these bands to not choke a baby at the same time.

Oh man, straf, you pulled no punches, did you? I find merit in both bands, though I have never owned an album from either. I can respect the musical influence they both had, though.

Manson was exceptionally influential, their music was controversial to sat the least, they had an image that FORCED people to stop and look around, and they influenced millions of teens for better or for worse. They also were huge proponents of something that got lost in the US a long time ago - PARENTING. When parents tried to blame Marilyn Manson for every bad thing that happened in their kids lives, it was Manson who led the charge by reminding the parents that if they actually watched their kids and talked to them about what they listened to and watched, then the influence wouldn't be there. I loved it.

Linkin Park took the raw material Limp Bizkit had set up, and polished it with some industrial tech. They were the Beastie Boys meets Prodigy meets Queensryche, with a good characteristic from each but without the greatness of any. They remain a good band, but they don't have nearly the lyrical influence of Manson.

In the end I voted for Manson. I don't think LP has enough momentum going for it to beat out such a political figure. Though I predict the winner of this match is just going to get killed by Oasis next round anyway.

I like several songs from both bands, however, I feel that Linkin Park is nothing more than a cookie cutter band made from the same mold as Limp Bizkit- just not as good. My vote goes to Marilyn Manson who has taken the shock rock image made famous by Alice Cooper and turned it up a few notches. I think alot of Manson's songs sound the same, but I will say that the only Manson album I own is Mechanical Animals- simply because it's brilliant. It's completely different from anything else he's done. It sounds like a darker, brooding version of an '80's hair band record. Good stuff.

Oh yeah, and Manson's cover of Personal Jesus is used as Austin Aries entrance music in ROH. Automatic bonus points with me....

By the way RVDgirl, check my new post on reinnventing, hope for some valid points!

Manson takes the title here, an absulte legend in the metal/trock scene. He made parents shit themselves at the thought of thier kids listening to his stuff(which was performed brilliantly).

Its a shamehe got blamed for things like Columbine, he didn;t deserve the media critism he got.

I like several songs from both bands, however, I feel that Linkin Park is nothing more than a cookie cutter band made from the same mold as Limp Bizkit- just not as good. My vote goes to Marilyn Manson who has taken the shock rock image made famous by Alice Cooper and turned it up a few notches. I think alot of Manson's songs sound the same, but I will say that the only Manson album I own is Mechanical Animals- simply because it's brilliant. It's completely different from anything else he's done. It sounds like a darker, brooding version of an '80's hair band record. Good stuff.

Oh yeah, and Manson's cover of Personal Jesus is used as Austin Aries entrance music in ROH. Automatic bonus points with me....

I pretty much agree with everything said here, with the exception of Limp Bizkit being better than LP, I'd say it's the other way around, but that aside, LP is pretty much a cookie cutter band, with has released nothing but mediocre album after mediocre album, you could take the best songs from all three of them albums and still not have enough songs for one really good album, not to mention they are horriable when arranging the song order, you can really see this on the newest one, when they have a fast high tempo song they immediately go into a slower more balled like song right after, it just doesn't sound right at all. Most of Manson songs do sound the same, and the only album I have by the guy is his greatest hits, cause that's really all you need, but the guy had a huge impact on the music scene, and will be remember as one of the biggest names in 90's mainstream metal, Manson should walk away with an easy win in this one

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back