Linkin Park vs Everclear

• Linkin Park

• Everclear

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
1st Round 90's Region Match

Linkin Park vs Everclear

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!​

I ended up going with Linkin Park. Because honestly, this match up bores me to death.

I used to love Everclear when I was a kid. Now, not so much. I still like that song "Father of Mine", but that's about it. Yet another band in the seemingly endless stream of post-grunge alt-rock bands that bore me to death.

Linkin Park is another band I used to really like when they first came out. Again, now, not so much. That first album of theirs still fares up this day, but everything after that just sounds bloated and cliche.

So I went with Linkin Park. Really a toss-up for me here.

Im going to have to go for Linkin Park. Along with Limp Bizkit, they took nu-metal to the masses(even if those masses were all 12 year old pre-pubsant kids)

Never heard of Everclear as well :(

I can still throw in Everclear's first album and rock out in my car to Santa Monica, think about living in California by a beach, and sing along. I can listen to Heartspark Dollarsign and enjoy the story of a white male catching flack in his hometown for being seen with his black girlfriend. Father of Mine, as simple and obvious as it was, was a poingant and well-written song.

Linkin Park is a phenom, though. They slapped fans in the face by charging $20 for a re-released version of their first album because they didn't write any new material, and they still have a cult of fans all across America. Not sure how they fare in the UK. Their new song Bleed it Out is pretty solid, so maybe we will see a return to form from them. Everclear, on the other hand, has basically vanished.

Linkin Park takes this one.

Linkin Park is winning this!?, really, damn, I figured Everclear would take this easily, seeing as how Linkin Park really isn't anything that great, Linkin Park is just one of those bands that got too big to fast IMO, Hybrid Theory was pretty good, but after they released In The End they just exploded so quick, and it seemed like they tried to rush through the process of putting together Mediocre, oops I mean Meteora, thay album was straight up crap, not a single good song on the whole fucking thing, the newest album by them is ok there are some decent songs on there but nothing that makes me want to run out an buy the thing, personally I enjoy the songs they do that don't feature any of Mike Shinoda's rapping, cause to tell you the truth, I really don't listen to rock to hear people rap, if I wanted to hear that I listen to rap, I went with Everclear in this one, they are the better band, they've accomplished more, and I'm sure they've much more of an impact on peoples lives, this match up is boring as fuck and I could honestly give a shit less about either one of these bands, but I went with Everclear in this one, I just feel they are the better band

God, what the hell. Linkin Park sucks, not only do they suck, I don't understand how the hell they got a record deal. Talk about over rated, mindnumbingly dull and shitty music, that pretty much sums up Linkin Park. These guys are terrible, beyond terrible. Ew, they speak to angry young white kids, big freaking deal.

I went to the first Project Revolution tour to see Snoop and Korn (two of the best live performances I've ever seen). I had the misfortune of sticking around for Linkin Park headlining, and almost everything good I had to say about these guys went out the window. Probably the absolute worst band I've ever heard play live. I love the fact that the venue was half empty halfway through their set. They sucked ass and people walked out on them. I hate Linking Park, god they are terrible.

I said I wasnt gonna involve myself because I dont know a whole lot about a lot of the bands in this, but I certainley DO know that it is absurd that Linkin frucking peice of shit teeny bopper fucking Park is beating Everclear!!! "what its like" is one of the most haunting, all around badass songs ever. and "turn your lights on" won a damn grammy. As the wise man shocky said, Linkin Park just fucking SUCKS. Does anyone who is over the age of 15, or who has seen an actual human vagina still fuckin listen to that bullshit??

Is the an option for neither. Both these bands suck ass badly. Linkin Park is just terrible in the first place. Nu-Metal is shit and these guys deserved to be charged with Crimes against Music. But Everclear is no better and the mindlessly generic alt rock. They don't even deserve that title. But If I have to go with one I will go with the one that actually has a few memorable songs and that is Linkin Park. Whereas I would truly vote for neither if that was an option.

I said I wasnt gonna involve myself because I dont know a whole lot about a lot of the bands in this, but I certainley DO know that it is absurd that Linkin frucking peice of shit teeny bopper fucking Park is beating Everclear!!! "what its like" is one of the most haunting, all around badass songs ever. and "turn your lights on" won a damn grammy. As the wise man shocky said, Linkin Park just fucking SUCKS. Does anyone who is over the age of 15, or who has seen an actual human vagina still fuckin listen to that bullshit??

Grammys mean jack shit. The Grammys are the laughing stock of the entire musical world. This is the same Grammys that gave BEST METAL ALBUM to Jethro Tull over Metallica. Grammys if anything usually mean that your music is utterly terrible. Which is the case with Everclear.

The Grammy to Jethro Tull was for them not giving a deserved Grammy to them for Aqualung. But that is one of the stupid choices there. But I stand by the option of having none of the above as an option in this poll.

The Grammy to Jethro Tull was for them not giving a deserved Grammy to them for Aqualung. But that is one of the stupid choices there. But I stand by the option of having none of the above as an option in this poll.

And it was BS at the time. So they didn't win a Grammy for Aqualung, so they gave them a grammy for one of their mediocre 80s albums? Bullshit, if every legendary album didn't win a Grammy and got one down the line to make up for it, the show would be atleast 40 hours long.

Wait, why are we talking about the Grammys? The Grammys suck.

Also agreed on the neither option. I see Linkin Park as the lesser of two evils here.

Ok, Norcal, this is an intervention.

"What it's Like" and "Turn Your Lights On" were EVERLAST. "Santa Monica", "Father of Mine", and "Heartspark Dollarsign" are EVERCLEAR. Totally different bands. EVERLAST is the rapper with the rock band, EVERCLEAR is California alt rock.

I am getting you Limewire for your birthday.

I'm going to go with Linkin Park. Linkin Park has made much more of an impact, and a lot more people know who they are. There are many people that don't know who Everclear is (sad I know). Linkin Park has had some decent material, and I think Mike Shinoda is amazing at writing lyrics. Everclear is decent in their own right, but Linkin Park takes this by popularity alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back