Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
70's Region - All in the Family vs Likely Lads

1_allinthefamily_firstphoto.jpg

VS

LikelyLads.jpg

All in the Family broke so many barriers. It was contraversial, it was taudry, and it was in your face. Not many shows back in those days did this. All in the Family inspired other TV shows to push the envelope in our culture and confront real issues like racism and homophobia. That being said, Archie's one of the most iconic characters in TV history. Seeing his chair in the Smithsonian gave me goosebumps. And the entire series was great. This is a slam dunk if there ever was one.

Quick note IC, you messed up on the original post. You have '50's / 60's Region - The Addams Family vs Car 54, Where Are You?' titled instead of '70's Region - All in the Family vs Likely Lads' like it should be.

Anyway, All in the Family all the way here. I don't think I ever watched an episode of Likely Lads, but I've seen plenty of All in the Family.

I think All in the Family is extremely overrated for the record, but it is a pretty good, funny show, with Archie Bunker of course being the best thing about it. But, when All in the Family goes up against some tougher talent, I won't be backing it. However, right here, since it's against a show I never watched and since I do like the show a little, I have to vote for All in the Family

all In The Family is still among my favorite shows ever, and I make sure to catch as many reruns as possible. I'll support it all the way through to it's end (because I am not voting against Married...With Children). There was nothing about this show that wasn't funny, and every character was just amazing.

It is widely acknowledged that the edgy and in-your-face humor of All in the Family would never be allowed on primetime television today. It broke barriers. It made statements. It produced terrific television. And it became one of the most critically-acclaimed sitcoms of all-time in doing so.

I've never even heard of, much less viewed, the opposition. Vote: All in the Family.

Definitely All in the Family here. No show has ever made racism so gosh darned funny. Sure it's very dated by today's standards and some of the comments made by Archie Bunker would probably send the modern FCC and parents into a rage, but it was fun for it's time. Plus it introduced the word "meathead" into our national lexicon. That's a big plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back