7 Super Mario World -v- 11 Super Smash Bros Melee

?

• World

• Melee

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
250px-Super_Mario_World_Coverart.png

Both feature Mario. Both Feature Luigi. Both feature Yoshi. Both are must have games for their respective consoles. Both are totally different games.

Super_Smash_Bros_Melee_box_art.png

There is only one winner here for me.

While SMBM was good for a laugh and featured many of your favourite characters beating the hell out of each other, when it comes to longevity and pure gaming experience there are very few that can match the wonder of Super Mario World.

It is one of the few games that I feel almost duty bound to play at least once a year.

Barbosa was spot on. Melee was a riot with some friends, and quite decent on it's own. The trophies, secret characters and other features were pretty good and kept me playing for many hours.

But Super Mario World is as perfect a platformer as you'll ever find. The innovation, the design, the controls, the secrets... It was simply a magnificent piece of art. If I could only play 3 games for the rest of my life, Super Mario World would be one of them. Even if you've finished the main levels a few times, the amount still left to find in the game is mind blowing, especially at the time it was released. It has more nooks and crannys to explore than most sandbox games, and that's very impressive for a 2D platformer.

SMW all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back