This could be leading to a WWE2K15 commercial, or a Sting DVD release...but I'm hoping to see Steve Borden in a WWE ring this Monday. Granted, we won't see him rappelling from the rafters; we probably won't even see him as his "Crow" character.

With Vickie's departure from the company (and to a lesser extent, Brad Maddox), as others have already said we could see The Stinger fill the absent GM role. I know some have said that The Authority hiring a face GM wouldn't make sense, but why not introduce Sting as GM another way? Vince or Linda could have done it, under HHH & Steph's nose (while they were on "vacation" last week), or they could always go the route of Sting buying up stock (or being a "mystery investor", à la MVP in TNA). I'm hoping for Sting being named the GM mostly because we could end up seeing him wrestle one or two matches within the next 365 days. Even though The Undertaker probably won't return (even for a match with Sting), there is a proverbial laundry list of younger guys Sting could face at WM31.

We could see another "Icon vs. Icon" match (à la Hogan vs. Rock) between Cena & Sting. I could see Vince & Co seeing this as a viable option for Cena, if Cena won't be in the title picture come WM season. There's also Daniel Bryan to consider (if he's healthy by then), a possible return for CM Punk (although not too likely), an up-and-comer like Cesaro or Rollins (or any of the Shield guys, for that matter), and then there's always HHH. HHH vs. Sting might not be as big as Cena vs. Sting, but it would be close. There's always the possibility of "ultimate control of the WWE" as a stipulation, as well (if that happens, it would have to be HHH coming out on top - no doubt). It's too bad Shawn Michaels won't ever come out of retirement, Sting vs. Michaels would be epic (in every sense of the word). Hell, Dwayne himself could return. I'd be all for The Rock vs. Sting at WM31, and I'd probably squeal like a little girl if that was announced.

I'll be waiting with bated breath this Monday for Sting to appear, whether it's just a commercial, DVD release, or what-have-you. I'd imagine Sting will be in the WWE HoF class of 2015, and they'll feel the need to "familiarize" the WWE Universe with Sting before they do so. Again, I might just be hoping against hope - but I see Sting being named the new GM. A man can dream.

really really???? Sting is terrible and has been for a decade ! I'd rather watch the Great Kahli vs Heath Slater wrestle a match then listen to sting or even see sting in wwe

For those of you who think Sting is too old. Flair had his last run with WWE in his mid-50s. Not that I think that is where this is going. I see WWE 2k15 being the story here. I would love to see a Monday Night Wars play mode or even a WCW's greatest matches mode. It is way past due.

It's not so much that Sting is old, per se, but was out of shape. Fans forget, however, that he hasn't been seen on TV since January (I believe) and that was on a taped show. He has had a solid 6 months to get in the gym and get in shape. The man is a former body builder. If anyone could do it, Sting certainly could. If he's been hitting the gym daily since leaving TNA, there's no reason he can't be in good, if not great, shape for his age. I don't expect him to look like Mr. McMahon or anything, but I think a lot of fans will be surprised at his appearance. Undertaker, for example, has looked in poor shape because he has been unable to truly get a decent set of workouts in while rehabbing various injuries over the past several years. Sting has had no major injuries, he just got lazy and complacent in TNA (and let's be honest, who wouldn't???). With the promise of one last big payday and the major exposure that is WWE, I think it's safe to assume he won't show up with a pot belly and XXXL t-shirt. He has more pride than that and I know Vince wouldn't stand for it. My only concern is his hair, but maybe they'll use some of that Spray On Hair in a Can stuff. Or maybe he's joined Hair Club for Men.

I don't see Sting coming to WWE... at least not yet. Do I think it's possible he does at some point? Yes... but if so it's prob not going to be until after the Royal Rumble & to build up something for Wrestlemania.

The 7-14-14 tweet.... is probably going to be something dealing with WWE 2k15.... or the Monday Night Wars which if I heard correctly they were getting ready to start showing on the Network.

If sting comes back anytime before the Royal Rumble.. it will completely shock the heck out of me (something WWE doesn't really have much of a shock or surprise factor these days), and the only thing I could see him doing is becoming the Raw GM... but with the whole Authority story line going on.... unless Vince comes back (like a lot of us thought he would after Wrestlemania)... and takes power away from Triple H & Steph... I don't see anyway Sting even becomes the Raw GM.

Here's another way, I can pretty much tell Sting is not debuting tonight....

Usually when someone is returning or a new wrestler/persona/group are coming to Raw... one of 2 things happens

1. You have surprise attacks... Look at the Shield... came out & made a name for themselves at Survivor series attacking Ryback... CM Punk retained the title. Other than people who watched NXT... no one knew who they were or knew they were coming. The Nexus was another example.... unless u watched NXT... u didn't really know who most of them were and they all came out & attacked Cena

2. You have promos leading up to their return/debut.... Chris Jericho had promos a few years ago when he returned... and people had to decrypt his messages. The Wyatts had promos leading up to their debuts, Kharma had promos leading up to her debut.

Sting at his age is not someone who's just going to come out & attack people at random.... and there has been no Promos of Sting.... there for, hate to break y'all's heart but Sting is not going to be at Raw tonight.

It will either be about WWE 2k15, the Monday Night Wars on the WWE Network... or at worst a Sting DVD... but seeing as most are saying he hasn't signed a deal with WWE yet... I doubt it's the last one.

sting recently posted a pic of him and the young bucks with the 7 14 14. that makes me think it might be sting announcing his return to wrestling on the indy circuit.

That was a really cool promo for Sting and WWE 2k15, really well made. Im pretty sure Sting has signed even though Meltzer has stated as of this morning he hasnt. I mean for gods sake they now have just added Sting merch for sale on WWE Shop, what more indication do you need that he has signed with them.

I cannot believe people are still doubting whether Sting is coming to WWE.

Sting is now signed up for the game, he is the main attraction and he will be used to promote this game, just like Ultimate Warrior was last year. Mark my words, Sting will be seen in a WWE ring before the year is out. The bridge is built.

Sting looked bad out of shape in TNA so lets hope this hiatus is simply because he is working out to get back into shape. The game is putting Sting back into the limelight, he will return to the ring to boost games sales and they will milk Sting for all they can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back