Goldberg and Eric Bischoff Meeting?

Concern? I have no concern. What's wrong with Goldberg coming to TNA? They may have landed an actual star, as opposed to another Matt Hardy, or Ken Anderson.

He's only 44 years old (not young, but certainly not ancient), and I'm fairly certain the last time I saw Goldberg he was in pretty solid condition. Do I hope he runs wild, and beats anyone and everyone TNA has to offer? No, obviously not. But, it's Goldberg, and with Hogan and Bischoff calling (at least some of) the shots, it's bound to happen.

Goldberg has always entertained me. He catches a lot of shit for not being the best in-ring wrestler out there, but he gets the job done.

I have no idea if he has actually signed, and I wouldn't be shocked to find out this is just EB fucking with us. But, it's definitely interesting. If WWE wants Goldberg for nothing more than the Hall of Fame, I see no reason for him to not sign with TNA. If Panda/Spike TV/TNA are willing to pay him what he wants, I think it's not only possible, but likely that he would take the money. Interesting, indeed.

I don't know what to make of this. Didn't Goldberg sign some sort of contract with WWE not too long ago?

Well, if Goldberg does come to TNA, then I guess it couldn't be a bad thing. Goldberg should have some mystique left, and I'm sure he could bring a nice little spark. As long as Goldberg doesn't tear through the entire roster, and squash the World Champion(who ever it might be) for the gold, then I don't think I would have too big of a problem with this, but I wouldn't be surprised if this actually happens. At one time, Goldberg was one of the most feared wrecking machines in pro wrestling, and there's a good chance we'll see him do something physical if he decides to join TNA.

i saw bischoff tweet about an exciting meetin in ny...didnt give it much thought....i dont follow goldberg but i saw tnainsider.com post a tweet w a lonk that saf bischoff meets former wcw star in nt. got curious n saw the vid and tweets, got to say I smiled at the idea of of goldberg in tna. I think, and maybe it's just me...it'd be good to see him involved in with the crimson/joe feud

this probably has to do with the reports that Animal of Legion of Doom was inducted by TNA into the wreatling HOF...right under WWE.

im srry to shoot u all down but havent u heard

goldberg was supposed to be the network representative. but he turned down the offer.

he considers tna a second rate show and doesnt want to tarnish his reputation any further like he did in the wwe.

this is just eric bischoff playing more games like the billboards and inviting animal to a tna event and having him show off his hof ring

im srry to shoot u all down but havent u heard

goldberg was supposed to be the network representative. but he turned down the offer.

he considers tna a second rate show and doesnt want to tarnish his reputation any further like he did in the wwe.

this is just eric bischoff playing more games like the billboards and inviting animal to a tna event and having him show off his hof ring

Erm, not saying it is going to happen but both these uploads have happened since Foley was revealed as the network executive and, if I'm not very much mistaken, Bill posted them.

Should he come to Impact, he'd have to go on an unbeaten streak - both WCW and WWe stunk up his aura once he suffered his first loss; and it could be strongly argued that Samoa Joe's aura went once he suffered his first loss in TNA. A strong unbeaten run is needed initially, the query again would be, could they maintain a mystique when he does lose?

It's hard to say if this has any meaning to it, does anyone know what date this took place? It's pretty interesting though cause Bishoff has that look about him, of look what I just did. I think it would be a major signing if they got Goldberg. I know I wouldn't mind seeing Goldberg take on Roode, Morgan, Abyss, Crimson, Hernandez, Ray and others. But lets not get ahead of ourselves here could mean nothing, just two people having lunch or something.

It's hard to say if this has any meaning to it, does anyone know what date this took place? It's pretty interesting though cause Bishoff has that look about him, of look what I just did. I think it would be a major signing if they got Goldberg. I know I wouldn't mind seeing Goldberg take on Roode, Morgan, Abyss, Crimson, Hernandez, Ray and others. But lets not get ahead of ourselves here could mean nothing, just two people having lunch or something.

It was earlier today they met. Last night Eric said he was going to NY for some interesting meetings. Then this morning Goldberg tweets the video of him and Bischoff in the helicopter. Right after that Goldberg posted a tweet saying that last tweet ( the one of them in the helicopter ) was a sign of the end of the world.

Lets think about. Spike TV, since this re branding, has spent money to put billboards up all over the country and TNA had commercials during the NBA playoffs, on ESPN, during SD, and had plugs on ESPN radio.

Maybe Spike TV wanted Eric to offer Goldberg a deal he couldn't refuse.

Maybe Eric and Bill are still close friends form WCW. If they had hard feelings they could have worked them out. It could just be two friends hanging out.

Also, If Goldberg does come and Join IW then they should go live. Why? this is a big enough name to get them out there. Him Hogan and Bischoff are huge names. The surprise would be better live, that way the internet community will not spoil it.

Goldberg would be a nice name to bring in. Definitely would attract mainstream exposure, and I don't know any company that wouldn't want that exposure. The big question is if this is all true, how would he be used? I don't agree at all that he needs to come in and squash some guys to gain respect. We are talking about Bill effin Goldberg, do you really think he needs to be put over?

If anything, Goldberg would face guys like Samoa Joe, Matt Morgan, and possibly even a guy like Crimson. If used properly, Goldberg could be a big asset in terms of mainstream exposure and another veteran that could be used to put the young guys over. If TNA wants him to come in and squash the talent and win the world title, then eff that. But I think that Goldberg would be used properly, and he definitely would be helpful to the company at this point.

A TN-er-Impact Wrestling stint for Goldberg would for sure come with a title run (possibly a pretty lengthy one) and while wed hate it at first, could you imagine the rub a guy like Robert Roode could get from ending a second streak? You wanna give Roode a single shot to the moon? Here's ur chance.

TNA is owned by a multi billion dollar company. Trust me, theyll be just fine.

no they wont be just fine

eric bischoff cud play arnd with ted turners checkbook back then but thts not the case here.

and incase u didnt know wcw still went bankrupt and wcw was bttr off financially than tna even towards the end.

as far as signing goldberg goes. i personally cant see him in tna. because tht way the only thng tht will happen is tht his reputation already tarnished towards the end of wcw and especially wwe will go up in flames. hes got a streak of 173 matches in wcw. then in wwe he loses to triple h twice and evolution.

and as a guy earlier said. bring him to tna book him right. dont turn him into the indestructible guy frm the strt. but honestly with a guy like goldberg what other choice do u have. strt by setting him up in matches with guys like orlando jordan, eric young.

no goldberg above tht. u sign him to tna or wwe its straight in the main picture. and then u have to keep him there. thts what the wwe cudnt do despite setting up the whole lesnar vs goldberg mid cardish feud. but it didnt work. partly because both were leaving but mostly because it wasnt booked right. it was very rushed. what out of the blue lesnar costs goldberg the rumble and goldbergs says on the next night tht he wants a match at wrestlemania

honestly its hard to book a guy like goldberg in any company at the moment. especially with his build its hard to match him up with a lot of ppl especially in the wwe.

no they wont be just fine

eric bischoff cud play arnd with ted turners checkbook back then but thts not the case here.

and incase u didnt know wcw still went bankrupt and wcw was bttr off financially than tna even towards the end.

as far as signing goldberg goes. i personally cant see him in tna. because tht way the only thng tht will happen is tht his reputation already tarnished towards the end of wcw and especially wwe will go up in flames. hes got a streak of 173 matches in wcw. then in wwe he loses to triple h twice and evolution.

and as a guy earlier said. bring him to tna book him right. dont turn him into the indestructible guy frm the strt. but honestly with a guy like goldberg what other choice do u have. strt by setting him up in matches with guys like orlando jordan, eric young.

no goldberg above tht. u sign him to tna or wwe its straight in the main picture. and then u have to keep him there. thts what the wwe cudnt do despite setting up the whole lesnar vs goldberg mid cardish feud. but it didnt work. partly because both were leaving but mostly because it wasnt booked right. it was very rushed. what out of the blue lesnar costs goldberg the rumble and goldbergs says on the next night tht he wants a match at wrestlemania

honestly its hard to book a guy like goldberg in any company at the moment. especially with his build its hard to match him up with a lot of ppl especially in the wwe.

Just to let you know Spike TV pays Hogan, Flair, Angle, Sting, and to follow suit most likely Goldberg. This was also the case in WCW. The top guys had contracts with AOL/Time Warner so WCW didn't pay for those guys. So I don't know how TNA would hurt financially from this.

Certainly plenty of interesting goings on in NY recently for TNA. Makes me wonder if any of this is tied to the recent ROH secrecy that had something to do with this evening. Goldberg in TNA would certainly be interesting for a short program. They do not need him but would be dumb to turn him down if SPIKE is going to chip in. Then again I could see this just being a rile up the internet by using some subtle "end of the world" humor based on the rapture hype.

I have no idea what type of contract it would take to get Goldberg or what that would do for TNA financially. as a wrestler, he could only be huge IMO.
he is a household name to wrestling fans. he would instantly bring in ratings. I think he could be main event right off the bat.
what if TNA did something like this. Immortal could announce a mystery opponent vs Sting(or whoever is champion between Sting/Anderson/RVD). many would assume this is the return of Jeff Hardy. surprise, it's Goldberg! he could win the title in his very first match for Immortal and be their main event heel champion. I don't think it really matters at all what Goldberg's wrestling ability is. people don't watch Goldberg for the wrestling moves he can do in the ring.

Goldberg probably has no interest in going back to wrestling, and he's said many times that he would never consider going to TNA. Furthermore, he has some sort of contract with the WWE.

Bischoff also produces trash television. Maybe he was meeting with Goldberg to discuss the possible production of a show about monster trucks or something with Goldberg hosting. Goldberg still has name value with niche audiences.

Either way, the chances of Goldberg going to TNA are slim to none.

Goldberg probably has no interest in going back to wrestling, and he's said many times that he would never consider going to TNA.
Money talks BS walks.

Furthermore, he has some sort of contract with the WWE.

Last I heard he was in negotiations with WWE for the HOF and a match at Entertainamania but it never happend, so if he is under a contact with them please tell us what it is, and why he was recently in disscussions with TNA to be the network rep.

the chances of Goldberg going to TNA are slim to none.
Thank you Mrs. Cleo:)

i think if he was to be brought in, it would be for one reason and one reason only and that is to put over crimson. As you probably know they have been pushing crimson using an undefeated streak a'la goldberg. if they were smart they would bring him in and have goldberg and crimson be undefeated until bound for glory, where they have the streak vs streak match with crimson going over. that way he could instantly put crimson in the main event picture, without tarnishing what he built in wcw.

i think if he was to be brought in, it would be for one reason and one reason only and that is to put over crimson. As you probably know they have been pushing crimson using an undefeated streak a'la goldberg. if they were smart they would bring him in and have goldberg and crimson be undefeated until bound for glory, where they have the streak vs streak match with crimson going over. that way he could instantly put crimson in the main event picture, without tarnishing what he built in wcw.

I like the Idea and was thinking something along the same lines, only differance is I would keep them apart till sometime next year, and build up Crimson more till he has alot more cred as a total bad ass, and on occasion have them bump into each other just to start to build some tension between them, then sometime around late january early february have them really start to show a dislike for eachother, then have Goldberg cost him a match and then Crimson accuses him of being jealous of him cause he his a younger better version of him, then have them finally get into it leading into Victory Road and Lockdown. Something along those lines.

I would mark out like a bitch if Bill Goldberg shows up in TNA. But as awesome it would be to see Goldberg returning, I think that he'll bury all the TNA stars. TNA need to make Crisom their Goldberg.

I would mark out like a bitch if Bill Goldberg shows up in TNA.

Me too

But as awesome it would be to see Goldberg returning, I think that he'll bury all the TNA stars. TNA need to make Crisom their Goldberg.

I don't even care if he burries everyone , in fact thats what I'd like to see him do. Goldberg burrying people = ratings and people doing this -> :worship: TNA

I was never a big fan of Goldberg, so I'm not that exited about the idea of him in TNA. I don't know what role could he possible play?

I'd love to see Crimson keep this streak going for a while and THEN bring Goldberg in. Let's say Crimson stays unbeaten for the next 10 months. Goldberg takes notice that someones closing in on his streak and he comes back because if ur going to beat his streak, ur gonna have to go through the man to do it.

I don't even care if he burries everyone , in fact thats what I'd like to see him do. Goldberg burrying people = ratings and people doing this -> :worship: TNA

It's easy to assume that our personal feelings would be shared by the majority of fans. Clearly you've done that here.

Many, many fans would balk at the notion of a 44-year-old Goldberg coming into TNA and running over the competition. That's not say he couldn't be a credible in-ring performer still (Kurt Angle is 42), but making him a dominant figure would backfire and it would bore many fans while also damaging the growth of your young stars.

You have to remember that when he was playing that role in WCW he WAS the new star. Plus, most of his wins came against career jobbers and eventually mid-carders. But do today's fans really want to watch an over-the-hill Goldberg winning squash matches against Robbie E and Orlando Jordan? That doesn't feel right, and it really should be beneath him as a professional at this point.

I'm not saying Goldberg in TNA would be bad, because he could certainly play a role. But anyone who as watching the WWE from 2003-2004 can tell you that Goldberg never really found a groove there because they couldn't figure out how to transition him from the win-streaking monster he was in WCW to a legitimate Main Eventer. For him to be successful in TNA, they'd have to find that balance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back