31 Manias in 31 Days: Rewriting Wrestlemania XVIII

LODemolition

Championship Contender
9zo8i1.jpg

Today's installment of my "Rewriting WrestleMania" series takes us to the Toronto Skydome in 2002 for another of the best WrestleMania events to ever take place. While it was the last Mania before WWF had to drop the F and become WWE, it was also the first WM in 9 years that Hulk Hogan would be a part of. What it is most known for of course is The Rock vs. Hulk Hogan, as the NWO had stepped foot into the WWE at the previous pay per view No Way Out. What I always hear the most is that people believe it should have been "Stone Cold" Steve Austin as Hogan's opponent instead. I chose not to go that route, and you'll see why as this series continues to play out. Let's look at the results.

March 17, 2002
The SkyDome (Toronto, Canada)

Intercontinental Championship:

Rob Van Dam def. William Regal to become new champion

European Championship:

Diamond Dallas Page def. Christian to retain

Hardcore Championship:

Spike Dudley, Hurricane, Mighty Molly, Maven and lastly Christian all scored pinfalls to become Hardcore Champion during the night

Kurt Angle def. Kane

Undertaker def. Ric Flair

Edge def. Booker T

Stone Cold def. Scott Hall w/ Kevin Nash

Fatal Four Way Elimination Match for World Tag Team Championship:

Billy & Chuck def. The Hardy Boyz, the APA and the Dudleys

Icon vs. Icon Match:

The Rock def. Hollywood Hogan

Triple Threat Women's Championship Match:

Jazz def. Lita and Trish to retain

Undisputed Championship Main Event:

Triple H def. Chris Jericho w/ Stephanie McMahon

*Rewriting WrestleMania XVIII*

1. Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman def. Rob Van Dam

Lesnar's first ppv match was at Backlash the following month. Why not give him a WrestleMania match if you truly believed he was the next big thing? I'd give him a quick squash match against a former Heyman guy in RVD. It writes itself.

2. WWE Tag Team Championship Fatal 4-Way: The Dudleys w/ Stacy Keibler def. The APA (c) The Hardy Boyz and Ric Flair & Mr. Perfect

There's so many directions they could have gone in for the tag division, and why they chose Billy & Chuck to represent it I have no idea. I'd have the APA go in as champs and be upended by the Dudleys. I almost made Flair and Perfect opponents, but thought they'd have made a great team instead here and add a lot to the title match.

3. European Championship: DDP (c) def. Booker T

A WCW rivalry here for the Euro Title instead of Christian. I have something else in mind for him. DDP scores the win with the Diamond Cutter.

4. TLC Match: Edge def. Christian

I would have had Christian turn on Edge late in 2001, culminating in a TLC match, both man's specialty. Edge and Booker T just didn't make for good opponents in my opinion. There was so much history between these 2 that I'm shocked they never met at a Mania.

5. DX vs. NWO: Triple H w/ X-Pac def. Scott Hall w/ Kevin Nash

I personally wouldn't have had Triple H going for the championship at WM18. When he returned from injury, I think the NWO should have tried to recruit him like crazy and when he turned them down; Hall, Nash and Hogan lay a beating on him. If only Shawn Michaels had been able to return before SummerSlam, this could have been an epic Triple H & Michaels vs. Hall & Nash contest. However, Nash was injured (what else is new?) so Hall had to fly solo. But Hall vs. Austin? Everyone knew that was a step down for Austin, as much as I love Hall even I know this, and Hall had no chance. Maybe even put the Outlaws in Hunter's corner and Big Show in Hall's, but I'd rather keep it simple.

6. WWF Women's Championship: Trish Stratus def. Lita (c)

I'd keep Jazz out of the Women's Title match and make it a one on one between maybe the 2 best female talents in WWF/E history. Give Trish the win in her hometown.

7. Intercontinental Championship: Eddie Guerrero (c) def. Chris Benoit

Man, do I wish these 2 had a WrestleMania match at some point. What better time than here? It would have been a classic show-stealing match.

8. Undertaker def. Chris Jericho

I always thought Y2J should have had a shot at Taker's streak. I'd have certainly booked Taker as a face instead of a heel. Taker vs. Flair just lacked for me, as Flair was far past his prime and everyone knew he stood no chance. Jericho made a great first Undisputed Champion, but I would have had him drop the title before Mania.

9. WWF Undisputed Championship: Kurt Angle def. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin (c)

I'd have had Angle win the Rumble in '02 instead of Triple H and go on to face champion Steve Austin, getting that much deserved title win at a WrestleMania that he never got. With hindsight being 20/20, if they had known this was Austin's 2nd to last Mania, he definitely would have been better used than in a match vs. Scott Hall.

10. Icon vs. Icon: The Rock def. "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan

Wouldn't change a thing about this match. From the way the match went, to Hall and Nash turning on Hogan after he shook Rock's hand post-match. The only thing I would do, and I'd very rarely do this for a match not revolving around the title, is put it on last. The crowd was dead for Triple H and Jericho after they had to follow this match. That's my WrestleMania 18.

Feel free to comment and/or post your rewritten WMXVIII.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Benoit and Guerrero were probably injured at the time. I imagine that's why they were left off the card altogether.

If that were the case, I'd make the Edge vs. Christian match for the IC Title.

Before I read the post the only changes I would've made were switching Rock v Hogan to the Main Event & had Austin v. The Outsiders in a handicap match.

I can't steal the OP's ideas so I'll stick with mine whilst completely removing Stephanie from any involvement in the event.

Benoit was injured until June, Guerrero hadn't returned from his drugs firing, so that's impossible,

The only feeling I had at the time was Austin vs h would be a better main event, as times passed Im 50:50 on it but I think it may have been

One added thing; they should've changed "Wrestling's past meets wrestling's future" to "...wrestling's present".

Just a minor bitch on my part...

I also nearly went with Triple H and Austin for the title match, but really couldn't pass up Triple H vs Hall, that's kind of a dream match of mine.

And see my 2nd post about Eddie and Benoit.

It's really too bad Shawn and Nash were injured. There's so many directions they could've gone if these 2 were available at the time.

9zo8i1.jpg

Today's installment of my "Rewriting WrestleMania" series takes us to the Toronto Skydome in 2002 for another of the best WrestleMania events to ever take place. While it was the last Mania before WWF had to drop the F and become WWE, it was also the first WM in 9 years that Hulk Hogan would be a part of. What it is most known for of course is The Rock vs. Hulk Hogan, as the NWO had stepped foot into the WWE at the previous pay per view No Way Out. What I always hear the most is that people believe it should have been "Stone Cold" Steve Austin as Hogan's opponent instead. I chose not to go that route, and you'll see why as this series continues to play out. Let's look at the results.

March 17, 2002
The SkyDome (Toronto, Canada)

Intercontinental Championship:

Rob Van Dam def. William Regal to become new champion

European Championship:

Diamond Dallas Page def. Christian to retain

Hardcore Championship:

Spike Dudley, Hurricane, Mighty Molly, Maven and lastly Christian all scored pinfalls to become Hardcore Champion during the night

Kurt Angle def. Kane

Undertaker def. Ric Flair

Edge def. Booker T

Stone Cold def. Scott Hall w/ Kevin Nash

Fatal Four Way Elimination Match for World Tag Team Championship:

Billy & Chuck def. The Hardy Boyz, the APA and the Dudleys

Icon vs. Icon Match:

The Rock def. Hollywood Hogan

Triple Threat Women's Championship Match:

Jazz def. Lita and Trish to retain

Undisputed Championship Main Event:

Triple H def. Chris Jericho w/ Stephanie McMahon

*Rewriting WrestleMania XVIII*

1. Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman def. Rob Van Dam

Lesnar's first ppv match was at Backlash the following month. Why not give him a WrestleMania match if you truly believed he was the next big thing? I'd give him a quick squash match against a former Heyman guy in RVD. It writes itself.

2. WWE Tag Team Championship Fatal 4-Way: The Dudleys w/ Stacy Keibler def. The APA (c) The Hardy Boyz and Ric Flair & Mr. Perfect

There's so many directions they could have gone in for the tag division, and why they chose Billy & Chuck to represent it I have no idea. I'd have the APA go in as champs and be upended by the Dudleys. I almost made Flair and Perfect opponents, but thought they'd have made a great team instead here and add a lot to the title match.

3. European Championship: DDP (c) def. Booker T

A WCW rivalry here for the Euro Title instead of Christian. I have something else in mind for him. DDP scores the win with the Diamond Cutter.

4. TLC Match: Edge def. Christian

I would have had Christian turn on Edge late in 2001, culminating in a TLC match, both man's specialty. Edge and Booker T just didn't make for good opponents in my opinion. There was so much history between these 2 that I'm shocked they never met at a Mania.

5. DX vs. NWO: Triple H w/ X-Pac def. Scott Hall w/ Kevin Nash

I personally wouldn't have had Triple H going for the championship at WM18. When he returned from injury, I think the NWO should have tried to recruit him like crazy and when he turned them down; Hall, Nash and Hogan lay a beating on him. If only Shawn Michaels had been able to return before SummerSlam, this could have been an epic Triple H & Michaels vs. Hall & Nash contest. However, Nash was injured (what else is new?) so Hall had to fly solo. But Hall vs. Austin? Everyone knew that was a step down for Austin, as much as I love Hall even I know this, and Hall had no chance. Maybe even put the Outlaws in Hunter's corner and Big Show in Hall's, but I'd rather keep it simple.

6. WWF Women's Championship: Trish Stratus def. Lita (c)

I'd keep Jazz out of the Women's Title match and make it a one on one between maybe the 2 best female talents in WWF/E history. Give Trish the win in her hometown.

7. Intercontinental Championship: Eddie Guerrero (c) def. Chris Benoit

Man, do I wish these 2 had a WrestleMania match at some point. What better time than here? It would have been a classic show-stealing match.

8. Undertaker def. Chris Jericho

I always thought Y2J should have had a shot at Taker's streak. I'd have certainly booked Taker as a face instead of a heel. Taker vs. Flair just lacked for me, as Flair was far past his prime and everyone knew he stood no chance. Jericho made a great first Undisputed Champion, but I would have had him drop the title before Mania.

9. WWF Undisputed Championship: Kurt Angle def. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin (c)

I'd have had Angle win the Rumble in '02 instead of Triple H and go on to face champion Steve Austin, getting that much deserved title win at a WrestleMania that he never got. With hindsight being 20/20, if they had known this was Austin's 2nd to last Mania, he definitely would have been better used than in a match vs. Scott Hall.

10. Icon vs. Icon: The Rock def. "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan

Wouldn't change a thing about this match. From the way the match went, to Hall and Nash turning on Hogan after he shook Rock's hand post-match. The only thing I would do, and I'd very rarely do this for a match not revolving around the title, is put it on last. The crowd was dead for Triple H and Jericho after they had to follow this match. That's my WrestleMania 18.

Feel free to comment and/or post your rewritten WMXVIII.
Taker vs Flair was the best promoted match on the card, the amount of backstory given them was extremely high for an undercard match, Flair was way over as a face and Taker was way over as a bad $#@ heel. They probably had a better storyline then the Main Event. Also, Taker's Streak really wasn't a major focal point in his story (in fact, it's this match combined with his Mania 17 bout vs HHH that actually made The Streak itself a major plot device) so a lot of people thought Flair would win since he was the face and it was Mania.

HHH's return was a really big deal....he had been at the top of the card when he left, having him come back and wrestle a mid card tag match would have been a waste, plus it isn't really DX without HBK, who couldn't wrestle. I think more could have been done with the storyline between HHH & Jericho but Jericho was FINALLY getting a major run and taking the title off him prior to Mania for a mid card match with Taker seems ludicrous to me.

I wouldn't have RVD get squashed by Lesnar.....this guy was challenging for The World Title at year's end, he was extremely popular and had some much needed youth appeal on a roster top heavy with 80s & 90s stars who's fan bases were well past 20....If Lesnar had a match it should have been with someone who meant little as a singles competitor just to let him win, maybe take Maven out of the Hardcore Match and let Lesnar manhandle him.

I wouldn't change much here except ....

Austin vs Hogan - This is the match everyone wanted to see, even though Austin clearly didn't want it - Hogan-Rock was kind of like this year's Sting-HHH, its nice and all but Sting-Taker was the match everyone has always wanted, this is kind of like the consolation prize.

Rock vs Scott Hall - Use Hall's job here for the Rock

Make the World Title Match be a Submission Match - Makes things much more intense between two top performers who can really sell in the ring.

WWF Championship Match- The Rock (c) vs Triple H

Rock wins the title from Jericho at the RR. HHH wins the Rumble and you build from there. These guys have history so its easy to build this match.

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Hulk Hogan

This should've happened here. They dropped the ball big time.

Kurt Angle vs Chris Jericho

I would've had Angle turn on Jericho during their mini alliance thus setting up this match.

Edge vs Christian

I would've slow burned this feud throughout 2001 leading up to this match here.

Booker T vs RVD

Booker eliminated RVD at the Rumble, that could be used as the starting point for their feud.

Trish Stratus vs Lita

They never fought at a Mania that is a shame.

I'd keep everything the same and throw Hall and Nash in the tag title match and have them win it.

This was a decent Wrestlemania but I think there could of been some decent matches or just better booking IMO, my card for this event would be:

1) Rob Van Dam (C) Vs Ediie Guerrero
Intercontinetal Title Match. Have Eddie replace Regal in this match and Eddie win the title in his first match back and move his return to Mania rather then after Mania, it could be a decent match.

2) William Regal (C) Vs DDP
European TitleMatch. Regal suited the European belt more and I would have him win the belt back at the rumble and hold onto it till Mania and lose to Page giving him a Wrestlemania moment.

3) Maven (C) Vs Goldust Vs Al Snow Vs Spike Dudley Vs Hurricane Vs Test
Hardcore Title 6 Pack Challange Match. I would add 4 more challangers to the match and make it a decent spot fest with Test getting the victory here.

4) Kurt Angle Vs Mr Perfect
Singles Match. This should of happened at Mania it could of been a decent hard-fought bout with Angle getting the victory.

5) Edge Vs Booker T
Singles Match. This stays the same.

6) Kane Vs Kevin Nash
Singles Match. Add this to the card with Nash getting the win.

7) The Undertaker Vs Ric Flair
No DQ Match. Stays the same.

8) Stone Cold Steve Austin Vs Scott Hall
Singles Match. Stays the same except have Hall get the win.

9) Spike & Tazz (C) Vs Hardy Boyz Vs Billy & Chuck Vs APA Vs Dudley Boyz Vs Albert & Scotty Too Hotty Vs Lance Storm & Christian.
Tag Team Title Turmoil Match. Add this to the card instead and have Billy and Chuck get the win.

10) The Rock Vs Hollywood Hulk Hogan
Singles Match. Stays the same.

11) Jazz (C) Vs Trish Stratus Vs Lita
Womens Title Triple Threat Match. Stays the same except have Trish win the belt in Canada.

12) Chris Jericho (C) (with Stephanie McMahon) Vs Triple HHH
Wwf Undisputed Title Match. Stays the same except this time you have a double turn where Steph turns on Jericho mid-match and have HHH hit the pedigree and win the title and turn heel.

Mania 18 was a solid show. too bad that's about the best I can say about it. given all the talent available, this should have been one of the best Mania lineups of all time. it's still in the top half, but that's a far cry from its potential.

World Title: Austin vs. Triple H. this was the bigger match. Jericho, though much loved by the entire IWC and me personally, was not the better man for this spot. let's face it... on the road to WrestleMania, in his feud with Triple H for the World Title, going into the main event of the biggest show of the year, Jericho was like the 3rd or 4th most important person involved in the feud. and he was holding the belt! I'd rank the level of importance along the lines of Triple H, Stephanie McMahon, and then it's a toss up between their dog or Jericho. I'm in no way implying that any of this is Jericho's fault. but it is what it is. Austin and Triple H had serious unfinished business and given their slugfest in the Rumble, I'm surprised this wasn't penciled in as the main event for Mania 18. Austin as the 1st Undisputed Champion defends and loses to the returning Royal Rumble winner, Triple H.

IC Title: Rob Van Dam vs. Eddie Guerrero. these guys had a pretty decent feud and I liked that they both used the Frog Splash as a finishing maneuver. they had a pretty good ladder match on Raw around this time... how about moving that match to Mania instead? this would be a great way to open the show.

European Title: Christian vs. William Regal. I've always liked Christian and given that the location of this Mania was Christian's hometown of Toronto, I'd do this match instead. Regal is so easily booed that this would have been easy to book. both are so under-rated inside the ring and on the mic. give them a chance to shine.

Women's Title: Trish vs. Lita. this is one of the best, if not the absolute best, rivalry in the history of women's wrestling. they main evented Raw. pretty impressive. yeah, it's predictable, but let Trish win the title in her hometown.

Tag Team Titles: Outsiders vs. Hardy Boys vs. Dudley Boys vs. APA. Hall's match wth Austin was a waste and Nash wasn't even in a match. give the Outsiders, one of the most popular teams of all time, the straps here at Mania and maybe the NWO doesn't die overnight. you could add a few more teams and make this a turmoil match. I know they busted pretty early, but maybe adding some WCW teams like Kronik and Faces of Fear would have worked. either way, Outsiders become the new tag champs.

what about Maven vs. Al Snow for the Hardcore Title in a mentor vs. protégé type match? either that or just throw a bunch of guys in and have a brawl. but I like the idea of this singles match for Mania. you could always do the multi-man brawls for the in-between ppv events or for weekly television.

Angle vs. Edge. this feud happened just after Mania anyways, so why not up it by a month? it would have been a great way to use both men that were otherwise wasted on the biggest stage of the year. I'd give Edge the upset win here, Angle take the next match at Backlash and that sets up their rubber match; hair vs. hair at Judgment Day.

Jericho vs. Flair. these two had a pretty good feud some time after this event but I'd again move it to this stage. Flair just came off a big win at the Rumble and Jericho has been on a bit of a losing streak (in my storyline; not real life). so Jericho has an axe to grind, so to speak, and Flair has a reason to boast. put these two in a match and give Jericho a much-needed win to get some momentum back.

I really like the idea of Brock Lesnar debuting here instead of the next night on Raw. I think a hard-fought win over the WWE's resident monster, Kane, is a much bigger debut than the one he got. Brock doesn't have to destroy Kane, but gets a big and decisive win over the Big Red Machine, giving everyone their first look at the F-5.

this leaves off Booker T, DDP, Perfect and Big Show. so maybe have these 4 WCW guys fight for a #1 Contender's spot for any title. couldn't be any worse than the matches they were actually in. in my redo of Taker's Streak, I suggested a match against a (in my storyline) currently undefeated Big Show. maybe you could plug Show against Taker that way. or Taker vs. DDP. alright, here's my final answer; Taker vs. Big Show for the 10-0 Mania Streak vs. Show's undefeated streak and then Booker/DDP/Perfect in a Triple Threat for the #1 Contender for either the IC or World Title.

and last but not least, Hogan vs. Rock stays exactly as is. hindsight is 20/20, but maybe have this close the show given how tough an act it was to follow.

really decent Mania. unfortunately, I fear we may have missed out on an amazing one.

Icon vs. Icon Match:
Stone Cold Steve Austin def Hollywood Hulk Hogan

Undertaker def The Rock
(No. This is not biker Undertaker. In my version, that Taker never exists. It's still the deadman. Never cared for Ric Flair as the opponent as there was no real chance of Flair being the man to end the streak. I already had Undertaker vs Sting at Wrestlemania 15 in my fantasy booking, so I wont go that direction again. Instead, since I have Hogan facing Austin, Rock needs an epic match of his own. Rock never crossed paths with The Undertaker on a grand scale and at some point I feel he should have tried to end the streak.)

D-X: Triple H & Shawn Michaels def nWo: Hall & Nash
(Shawn came back in 2002 at Summerslam. If it were possible for him to come back a few months earlier then this is what should have happened. And in a tag team match, Hunter and Hall could carry most of the load. I would never have had Hunter return at the Rumble. I'd have him and Shawn return together to confront the nwo during the road to Wrestlemania sometime after February.)

Undisputed Championship
Chris Jericho def Ric Flair

(Seeing as how this event was steeped in nostalgia, why not have Flair go for the gold? Jericho had recently won the big gold belt and unified it with the WWF title. The big gold belt is synonymous with Ric Flair. Ric also returned right around the time of the Royal RUmble. Why not revisit his epic 1992 Rumble win by having him win a second Rumble, shocking the world and going on to Mania to challenge Jericho. The promos between the two would have been epic. And a big win for Jericho over Flair at Mania in his home country would have cememnted Jericho as a legit champion. I always felt Jericho got a raw deal during his first run as champion.)

WWF Intercontinental Title: TLC
Edge def Christian

(There breakup should have been saved for 2002 instead of 2001. That way the two Torontonians could have faced off for the IC title in the match they helped make famous. This one is a no brainer.)

United States Championship
Kurt Angle def. Curt Hennig

(Hennig made his return at the Rumble that year and even formed a brief alliance with Angle. Why that didn't spin off into a full fledged rivalry where I have no idea. Angle could have recreated those classic Mr.Perfect skits where he catches his own touchdown pass, throws a perfect bowling game, hits a hole in one, etc. Angle could claim, as the only real olympic athlete in wwf history, that he's the REAL Mr.Perfect.)

Women's Championship Match:
Trish def Lita

(trish wins in her hometown. These two should have been allowed to have a one on one match.)

World Tag Team Championship:
Chris Benoit & Lance Storm def Booker T & Kane

(Always though Benoit and Storm would have made a great tag team. Storm wasn't being used at all and Benoit was just coming back from injury. Put them together in early 2002 and go for the tag team titles in their home country. Benoit was still a few years from being in the title picture, so this would not be a step back for him but rather a step up for Storm who is actually from Toronto not Calgary as he's sometimes billed. As for Booker and Kane, I also like that pairing. They both had the fire pyro and were not being used much at this point. I like Kane pairing with Booker more than Kane and RVD.)

Eddie Guerrero def Rob Van Dam
(Guerrero returned after Mania, but if he could have returned a few months earlier then a rivalry between the two masters of the frog splash would have been great for Mania)

WWF Hardcore Title/ Cruiserweight Title unification
Matt Hardy def Jeff Hardy, Gregory Helms and Shannon Moore

(Shannon Moore arrived in WWF in 03 as Matt Hardy's sidekick but I think he should have been part of the wcw invasion. Helms and Moore start off as a team and put on several great matches with their natural rivals the Hardys. Eventually both teams and all 4 real life friends disintegrate and that leads to a fatal 4 way at Mania and the rise of Matt Hardy's heel persona)

Diamond Dallas Page def William Regal
(DDP was booked all wrong from the day he got to the WWF. His initial feud should have been with Steve Austin (who never should have joined the wcw invaders) as it would have pitted the diamond cutter against the stone cold stunner. Would have been a great feud for Summerslam. As for Mania, I pit these two WCW legends, Page and Regal, against each other. It could be for the European title I guess, but I would have phased that title out by now.)

12 Man Tag Team Battle Royal: Billy & Chuck, Rikishi & Scotty 2 Hotty, The APA, The Dudleys, Big Show & Albert, Val Venis & Goldust
(Too soon for Billy and Chuck to be tag team champions imo, but I give them a sneaky heel win over these 4 teams to set them on their way. Also like the pairing of Big Show and Albert who were two big men not being used at the time. Val and Goldust returned at the Rumble but quickly disappeared. I've included them as a team here as a pairing seeing as how they're both film stars in their own right, but I could live without them. Post match, Dudleys put Billy and Chuck through a table.)

My build up to WM 18 would have been different but for the sake of brevity lets get to the matches:

Hardcore title; Big Show vs Kane: Big Show wins the belt with help from Nash, who has problems with Kane

European Title; Regal vs DDP: same as in real life

Intercontinental Title; Edge vs Booker T: hometown boy Edge wins

Undertaker vs Ric Flair: keep that one the same too but have Taker as a hired gun on Vinces behalf

Angle vs Mr Perfect: Angle wins a competitive match

Tag Titles; The Outsiders vs APA: The APA were one of the first people to decry the nWos return, good way to elevate them while giving Hall and Nash the belts, keep nWo momentum going; X Pac returns to help the Outsiders win

Hollywood Hogan vs the Rock: Rock wins, Hogan shakes his hand, nWo beats him up.

WWF Undisputed Title; HHH vs Stone Cold: HHH turns heel when nWo interferes and gets him the title

so you have a nWo with HHH as world champ, Outsiders as tag champs, Big Show as hardcore champ and X Pac; the heel group that will run RAW for the next year with manager HBK coming in the next cpl months with Austin, Rock, Hogan, Flair, APA and Kane as adversaries for the time being

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Hollywood Hogan

-When Hogan came out saying he's beaten everyone there is to beat in the WWF, I reeeealllyy wanted to hear that glass break. The only thing that would've made it better was if Hogan was red n yellow.

Triple H vs Ric Flair (c): WWF World Heavyweight Championship

-The two dirtiest players in the game...no pun intended. I definitely agree Flair could've had another final run.

Kevin Nash & Scott Hall vs The Undertaker & Kane (Outsiders vs Brothers of Destruction)

-from everything I could find, the only thing that kept Nash out of action was Hall's unreliability. They kept him on the side incase Hall and his drinking issues ruined things.

Eric Bischoff vs Vince McMahon

-All that needed to happen here was Vince putting the hate aside a little sooner for this perfect WWF vs WCW Wrestlemania. Imagine this on the grandest stage.

Diamond Dallas Page vs The Rock: The Peoples Champ vs The Peoples Champ

-two of my all time favs going at it. Both self proclaimed peoples champion...there can only be one...they settle it here.

Kurt Angle vs Chris Jericho: Intercontinental Title

-16 had Benoit vs Jericho vs Angel. 17 had Benoit vs Angle, so 18 would be nice with Angle vs Jericho since Benoit was injured.

-Lita vs Trish Stratus: Women's Championship

-two of the best ladies ever.

-Booker T vs Edge

-fits the WWF vs WCW angle and I loved the endorsement storyline and Bookers "Einsteins Theory of relatives" statement lol and the "I'm smart, I wear glasses don't I ?!" quotes

APA vs Hardy's vs Dudley's: Tag-Team Titles-no DQ

- take out Billy and Chuck and make this hardcore.

Brock Lesnar w/ Heyman vs Rob Van Dam

-bring in Brock sooner and have him take on a Heyman guy like someone else mentioned.

I would have had some version of these main events:

Undisputed Championship: Stone Cold Steve Austin 'C' vs Triple H
Icon vs Icon: The Rock vs Hollywood Hogan
The Outsiders Scott Hall & Kevin Nash vs The New Age Outlaws
No Holds Barred: The Undertaker vs Ric Flair

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member