2008: Best Wrestling Match So Far?

As much as I wanna give this to 'Taker and Edge...I'm gonna give best match of the year so far too:

Jeff Hardy vs Randy Orton at Royal Rumble
The match was so entertaining from start to finish. Any Jeff Hardy mark who hasn't seen this match really should recommendations for any hater of Jeff Hardy aswell. That's how good this match was. At the end of the day we all knew that Jeff wasn't going to win but a lot of believed in him. To have a champion like Orton just narrowly escaping with a win shows just how much WWE felt about Hardy at the time. After watching that match I knew in my heart that Jeff Hardy has what it takes when the spotlight is on him and his mind is focused. I see big things for Jeff Hardy in the near future and this match should definitely be included on the top 5 list come year end.

One of the best matches that I though was Edge vs. Batista at Night of Champions. It was definitely one of the most thrilling matches even though it wasn't a hardcore match by any means. Batista was almost there to win the championship, but lost it after taking the championship to the head. That's my thought.

Disgusting, seriously. Flair vs. HBK was shit and shit at it's finest. The match was terrible and Flair was sucking wind 5 minutes into the match. The "chain wrestling" spot they tried to put on was one of the more pathetic attempts at mat wrestling I have seen in a very long time. Looks like the typical HBK Mania match of the year crap is going to continue. The love fest for this guy and Flair is at a ridiculous level. Flair vs. HBK was lucky to be the fifth best match on the card, let alone the match of the year.

I agree, that match was over rated, and considering they are the "best" workers in the WWE, they sure put on a boring match. but that night, the best match did happen, that I have seen in a long time, by who I think are the two best workers in the WWE.

Edge Vs Undertaker- Wrestlemania XXIV
World Title Match vs Wrestlemania Streak

It had a great buildup. Everything was on the line. When it came time to it, it didn't start off with a bang, and then simmered, like so many big matches unfortunately do. It warmed up, and became epic. The false finishes, the finishers, the switches. Everything. It was one hell of a match, and it deserved to be the last match of the night. I was cheering for Edge going in, but was not hurt when Undertaker took the belt, and the fireworks went off!
MOTY!

Flair vs Michaels was terrible, the springboard moonsault and the scms were the only interesting segments. It was more the emotion driving the match. I'm not as insane for Flair as some people are, but it didn't really make this years WM for me.
The TLC match from ONS was highly overrated imo too. Their first two matches were good, their JD match was ok, but this was just a tables spot fest. And the ending was hardly that much of a surprise. WWE were hardly going to vacate the title then give it back to Taker.

Imo, the best match of this year so far was Chris Jericho vs Shawn Michaels - Judgment Day - enthralling throughout, both men are amazing, Chris Jericho excelled in the ring as always and Shawn was on the ball. Always something happening, with some great counters and big moves, it looked like both men were truly desperate to win. The SCM on the apron was the highlight for me.

Runner ups include Jeff Hardy vs Umaga - Steel Cage match, RAW as I found it to be a great, exciting match with some nice spots as expected. Orton's prescence, the steel chairs, Umaga and Jeff pulling out every one of their moves. The whisper in the wind of the top of the cage was the icing on the cake. Just one of the reasons why the build up to the WWE Championship match at the Royal Rumble was near perfect.

Triple H vs John Cena - Night of Champions for being a great match as always from two great competitors. They really delivered, noone can really doubt how capable these two are in the ring ( particularly Triple H who after 12 years still impresses me a lot as a wrestler) I also enjoyed the Raw Elimination Chamber match, Randy Orton vs John Cena from NWO, the first five WWE Championship matches on PPV this year ( that saves me some typing!) and Edge vs Undertaker from WM. I'm sure they are some other great Taker matches that have slipped out of my mind also.

Wrestlemania XXIV: Triple Threat Match for WWE Title:This deserves a nod for two reasons one there was the STFU switched into the crossface there too and the ending was a complete suprise at least to me. Orton retaining was very suprising and unexpected and that there makes a match for me.

Night of Champions: Triple H vs John Cena:With Edge winning earlier in the night everything was set up to give Cena the title and put it back on Raw. But the WWE had a flash of storyline brillance and put together a suprising ending to an outstanding match.

Jeff Hardy vs Randy Orton for the IC Belt a few weeks before the Royal Rumble. Nice fast paced match with a surprising ending of Randy Orton Instantly hitting Jeff in Bazooka only seconds after the bell rang. Truely outstanding, and the after match. DAMN! (Jeff doing a 40 Ft w/e swanton off the top of the set). Was truely great.

Ok that was a joke, seriously I enjoyed John Cena vs JBL at JD. I dont know why but i truely enjoyed it. I thought JBL wasnt as sloppy as usual. The only bad part was Cena's only offensive move of the night being a FU which ended it.

Jeff Hardy vs Randy Orton at Royal Rumble. Was a great match, Truely thought Hardy could of won (Though i knew he wouldnt). Hardy looked like he was finally gona win when Randy yet again Pulls a RKO from no where. Brilliant.

Edge vs Taker at One Night Stand for me. And im speaking from a completely biased point of view, because not only was this one of the most entertaining matches of the year, but it was actually a really good match to watch with my younger sister - probably the best ever time i've had watching a wwe match with her.

She is a die hard Taker fan, and I am a die hard Edge fan, several discussions as to whether it was ACTUALLY going to happen, and my goodness, the amount of times I was looking through the smallest gap in my hand was unbelievable, and she was just going crazy any time Edge hit a move on Taker, one move and her most beloved wrestler (along with HBK) could well be packing his bags, I don't care much for this behind the scenes "he will be back eventually" or "his abscence was too short", and nor does she, I simple enjoy WWE matches for how much fun I have, and how much anxiety it causes, of course the wrestling matters, and of course I like to be wowed by stunning moves, but the emotion of that match told such a good story, and for that reason I think it was my MOTY:so far (HIAC could well rival it).

Royal Rumble 2008

I know its a unique match to mentino in here but i have to say it for two reasons. I've been watching WWE for nearly twenty years so i have seen alot of people come and go but right now John Cena is my favorite. My buddy got four tickets to the event and one guy backed out of going so i got asked and i said yea why not thinking anything of it. I just thoguht hey HHH will win the rumble but it will be a fun time at the event and being in nyc. So i go and the crowd including myslef counts down till zero for the last entrant to the rumble and there is that pause....Then we hear the John Cena music........i mucyh like everyone popped to no end when it started but when he appeared the place became deffening in my opinion. To see "THE CHAMP" return, which i still call hiim becuase he never lost the title, return was amazing and to see him and HHH battle it out was awesome and when Cena eliminated HHH i marked out to no end. Cena's return was a huge suprise for all in attendence and who ordered it and i guarantee everyone who was disappoointed by the show up until that point had their entire opinion change when Cena came out.

like every1 else has been sayin

FLAIR VS HBK
outstanding match good techinchal moves the ending was quite unpredictable a lot of false finishes and emotion very good match

matt hardy v edge
that match on smackdown was brilliant really good end to end champion vs champion match good heat and energy and hatred to say it nicely

Another great mid-season thread here that could go a million different ways.
I simply have a lot of trouble ranking matches when I like so many ... but I will give me Top five here:
5. John Cena wins Royal Rumble match - Royal Rumble This match makes it on shear shock value. When Cena walked out the ENTIRE wrestling world went nuts. The haters come out in flocks ... the supporters were their defending ... and these forums were packed. Simply the shock moment of the year thus far.
4. Shawn Michaels defeats Chris Jericho - Judgment Day Obviously as technically sound a match that we have had this year. Great counters, great back and forth, great false finishes. Everything we have come to expect from two of the of the top stars in the business. It also has led to the best feud of the year.
3. Undertaker defeats Edge - Wrestlemania 24 For some reason I REALLY wanted Edge to win this match and thought he just might despite all logic telling me otherwise. A very good match to end a great show, would be in the running for MOTY if these guys had not topped themselves a couple of months later.
2. Shawn Michaels defeats Ric Flair - Wrestlemania 24 A very good match considering that Flair is not up to putting on epics anymore. HBK carried Flair very well here, and they actually did a good job of letting you think Flair might actually win. The emotion in this match was palpable. It is just a little too sloppy in spots to quite take the match of the year moniker.
1. Edge defeats Undertaker - One Night Stand Simply perfect. From La Familia getting involved, to UT taking the huge bump ... to Edge "retiring" a legend. Everything about this match was perfectly done. As it stands now, this is tops for 2008/

Honorable Mention: Hardy vs. Cena on RAW, Hardy vs. HBK on RAW, Cena vs. Triple H at Night of Champions and the Money in the Bank match at Wrestlemania 24.

2008 has had lots of great matches, more than I can remember there being in 2007 at this point. It is in truth the first year I have watched every show (and I do mean EVERY show - hell, I even suffered through some of the very crappy episodes of Heat), something I've been unable to do in the past due to my home country of Norway, where no WWE is aired on TV (Raw and SD ran on a station I didn't have a couple of years back though) and I've gotta say I'm pissed about all those wasted years. I do my best to obtain and watch old episodes though, even as far back as 1987.

Many are obvious and I've seen some of you other guys have the same picks. Let's get on with it eh?

5. Randy Orton def. John Cena and Triple H in a Triple Threat for the WWE Championship (WrestleMania XXIV)

Now, I've clearly voiced my opinion on Cena in a previous post so I won't whine about it all the time. I was extremely into this match despite not being that enticed by the build-up. Randy Orton, at this point, had made his mark as the best WWE Champion in recent memory, and I did NOT want to see him lose it, be it to Triple H or Cena. At some points, Cena became his old pre-Superman self, which was great to see. Other than that, there were just so many "bite-your-nails" close calls, and the finish is one of my favourite ones of all time - Hunter is about to pin Cena, and out of nowhere Randy Orton brings out his old friend the Punter (man, that's a pun.) and knocks him out. I marked. You know you did too. It's been a long time since I've seen this good a WWE Championship match at WrestleMania; WrestleMania XIX was the closest that comes to mind.

4. Shawn Michaels def. Chris Jericho (Judgment Day)

Coming off of the now officially legendary retirement match of Ric Flair, the feud with Batista commenced. Somehow, Jericho got involved with it as well. I thought this was a strange move by WWE, as he'd probably just be involved on the sidelines. I was wrong. Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho proved at WrestleMania XIX that they work so well together, you might call any match between the two a "dream match." While the sequels to this match were not as good, Judgment Day was just fun all the way. So many great spots, close finishes and mark-out moments ("Don't TAP YOU LITTLE SACK OF LARD!"*) it just shows that when Jericho is pitted against the right opponent, he can make a five star match. However, I really think Jericho deserved to win this one at the time. Seeing how the feud has really heated up, I regret that thought now.

3. Ric Flair def. Mr. Kennedy in a Retirement Match (No Way Out)

Okay, I've established that I'm a grotesque mark of Mr. Kennedy. I mean, almost whoever he feuds with, I'm gonna cheer him and support him. That became very hard when he was poised to end the career of the one, the only "Nature Boy" in his then-lackluster "retirement storyline". Mr. Kennedy cut some vicious promos about how he was gonna "waste" and "put down" Ric Flair. Ric Flair, being the man we all know and love, although admittedly his wrestling skills a bit tarnished by old age, told him to bring the fight. I knew from the start that Ric Flair's career could only end at WrestleMania, so initially I wasn't really that pumped to see it as I thought I would be. Boy, was I wrong. It was new blood battling old age, and at times it looked bleak for the "Nature Boy". In some small portions of the match, the Ric Flair of old appeared and refused to be "put down." You knew Kennedy was gonna have to tap out to the Figure Four, but I didn't care. It was just that damn good.

2. Edge def. Undertaker in a TLC Match for the World Heavyweight Championship (One Night Stand)

Around this period, I somehow came over my Edge-phobia and became a fan of his fantastic work. Just when I thought, "Man, they really need to end this stale Edge-Undertaker feud", magic happened. The TLC Match was one of the most enthralling and hypnotizing matches I've ever seen. Undertaker got in all of his signature spots, and Edge sold his heel character extremely well in it. I was, in fact, so completely 100% sure that Taker was gonna win, that the result left me in awe. Sometimes, WWE can still surprise you. An absolute five-star classic, off the chain, or whatever else you can call it.

1. Shawn Michaels def. Ric Flair in a Retirement Match (WrestleMania XXIV)

It wasn't a display of technical prowess, fantastic death-defying spots or a powerhouse fest, it was a match of grave consequence to the wrestling world. However, and I mean no disrespect to "The Man", this should have really happened in 2003/04. In his last tenure with WWE, little of the brilliance that was Ric Flair, the Dirtiest Player in the Game, one of the greatest of all time, surfaced. He did resurface at some points, such as in his match against Triple H for the World Heavyweight Championship in 2003 (I forgot the PPV event) and various other matches, such as his 2006 match against Big Show for the ECW Championship. Some matches were booked so horribly that Ric Flair simply looked like a crazy old man whose only selling point was chopping people. This could confuse youths (including myself) and make me wonder "this guy is the best in the world? What has JR been smoking?" In the build-up to what would be his last ever match, the Nature Boy rose from his grave.

After a fantastic cage match against Edge, HBK and Flair finally competed on the Citrus Bowl. Shawn Michaels showed that he can still work better than 90% of the WWE roster, and the Dirtiest Player resurfaced. So many of Ric Flair AND HBK's traditional spots were there, you just got absorbed into the match. And the finish is of course now, legend - one of the most beautiful and compelling moves WWE have ever done - Shawn Michaels mouthing "I'm sorry. I love you." and Ric Flair getting up for one final Sweet Chin Music. I couldn't help it, emotions beset me the very moment the referee's hand came down for the three count in what I would call the longest count I've experienced in wrestling. Ric Flair's career was over. One of the best was gone. The only thing that could have made Ric Flair's retirement perfect was if it were the main event. They also put icing on the cake with the emotional farewell speech the next Raw. Thanks for the memories, Ric - I hope WWE leave them alone.

Well, this might of course change as the year progresses. Many great matches, yes. HK out.

Ric Flair v HBK WM24

The build up and all the hype was brillaint and a worthy farewell to a great wrestler. the match itself was very entertaining i thought it would be poor because flair could never do much more then chop seen as her was old but it was highly entertaining and the finish was awesome. at one point i thought they were going to surprise everyone and have flair win and see him retired at backlash maybe.

a lot of posts comment on edge v taker at wm24 however despite it being a lot beter then i thought it would i just hated the la familia build up it gave edge no credit at all . having edge push taker to the edge (no pun intended) seemed poor as it was not realistic as edge is not up to takers standards

I think the reason the royal rumble match was big was because of cena, and unlike what they did with edge by having on the poster at Survivor Series, while cena came from nowhere, other than that, undertaker and HBK at the beginning was good because of last years

CM Punk vs Edge: World Heavyweight Championship.

Not neccesarily an actual wrestling match, but I give it a nod for the shockwaves it sent throughout WWE nation of fans.

Melina vs Beth Phoenix: I Quit Match.

This match was easily the most physically brutal divas match I've seen in quite awhile. While it wasn't up to a men's standard of this match type, I give these divas credit for truly showing that they are ready to step up and have great matches.

I have two here that are about on par for MOTY I think, and just happen to involve in the same participants.

Wrestlemania 24 - Edge vs Undertaker
I have been waiting for this at Wrestlemania for years as both were undefeated in normal matches anyway (Edge lost MITB at WM23). These two and Shawn Michaels are the guys that can carry just about anyone to a good match (except maybe Khali). Edge is the best heel I've seen since HHH's Evolution days and Taker is one of the best to ever lace 'em up. This match had everything you could ask for in a WM main event and the two really put on a great show.

One Night Stand - Edge vs Undertaker (TLC)

This was hands down the best gimmick match I've seen in a while and the best TLC since the original tag team ones with the Hardys, E&C, and the Dudley's. There were plenty of big spots and I never expected Undertaker to lose. He fought of the entire family and looked like he was gonna win on several occasions. At his age and from what he's done in the past, I never expected him to take that awesome table spot at the end and actually have Edge win, plus "end" the Undertaker's career.

These two had an awesome buildup to the rivalry and I enjoyed the majority of their work together, best of all being these two. I can only hope that the HIAC at SS proves to be their best match because that has MOTY written all over it if done correctly and this is easily feud of the year for me.

Edge vs Undertaker at WM 24 From Edge countering nearly everything Taker threw at him from Hawkins and Ryder getting chokeslammed onto each other from the two spears and Charles Robinson running down that ramp full speed everything about this match was perfect especially the ending. I didn't see that coming. I thought the match was over for sure after the second spear but Undertaker locked in the Gogopolata and Edge tapped out and I knew it was match of the year right after it ended.

My top 5 wrestling matches from 2008 so far...

5. CM Punk Vs. Batista for the WHC @ Great American Bash
This was suprisingly a very good match. I dont think i have ever been so suprised by a match. I thought it would be shit but it was great! CM Punk held his own against big bad Dave Batista. I'm not a batista fan but this match was great!! The best match i have ever seen CM Punk in. It's a pity it ended in a DQ.. but that just shows how entertaining it was. For a match to be that good and still end in DQ?? When it was over i was actually wanting more. I loved it. I'm sure many will disagree, but it was this match in my mind that cemented CM Punk as a Worthy WHC in my opinion...

4. Edge Vs. Undertaker for the WHC @ WM24
I though i might be bias again, given my love for Edge and my excitement to see him living his dream in the mainevent at Wrestlemania. You can't get any bigger in this industry, but after reading all your comments i feel pretty confident in saying that this match was unbelieveable. Like WWE or Not. They always dilevier when it comes the the WrestleMania Main event. I didnt think Cena Vs. HBK could be topped but this gives it a fast run for its money. Great reversal from both men through the whole contest, Run ins from Ryder & Hawkins, KO'd Referee's, Camera Shots, What more can one ask for? It was a classic contest. Edge is the best heel of all time and Undertaker is as loved as anyface that has ever graced a ring. It was a classic match, the only beef i have with it was it was no suprise that Undertaker was going to win. That took away from the thrill a little, but not much.. Great from start to finish!

3. RAW Elimination Chamber @ No Way Out
Jeff Hardy Vs. Umaga Vs. JBL Vs. Shawn Michaels Vs. Triple H Vs. Chris Jericho. Great match which saw Triple H go to the main event @ Wrestlemania. Face paced match from bell to bell with us seeing all finishers, a double samoan drop, crossface/Walls of jericho combo, swanton from the top of a chamber, HHH pinning HBK and it coming down to my man Jeff Hardy and the Game. Jeff Held his own against hunter, kicking out of the pedigree after missing his swanton. Then having is twisto of fate reveresd on to a steel chair before being pedigreed on it. Awesome!!! 6 of the top wrestlers today in one awesome match. Loved It!!

2. Jeff Hardy Vs. Randy Orton for The WWE Championship @ Royal Rumble:
Maybe I'm bias because i was so overjoyed to see Jeff Hardy in his first PPV title match, but from the get go this match was extremely entertaining with lots of great moves from both guys including a very rare showing of a moonsault from Jeff Hardy. The last time i saw Jeff Hardy do a moonsault was Vs. Raven on Raw in 2002. Another thing that made this match so great was the great fued building before it including Orton destroying Matt Hardy, and Jeff's Huge Swanton from 20ish feet or something.. But what sealed the deal for me was the lighten quick finish to the title match. Randy Orton's RKO came out of fucking nowhere! I couldnt believe it!! It was so quick an unexpected. A great finish to a great match leaving both stars looking credible.

3. Jeff Hardy Vs. Shawn Michaels on Raw
My Dream Match!!! The charismatic engima vs the showstopper surpassed everything, all my highest expectations. Jeff Hardy dominating early with some fantastic chain wrestling and some great pure wrestling ability. Both men had some great reversals including HBK with a huge backbody drop reversal from the top rope, Jeff skimmin the cat only to be drilled by a huge hbk clothesline that even JBL would be proud of!!! Jeff Hardy used basically every move he is known for... The reversel mule kick, running the rail (only to have it reversed into a powerslam), the twist of fate, whisper in the wind, turnbuckle dropkick, jeff's lariat takedown, swanton.. I was only half way through the match and i knew i was seeing something special. I knew that this would be my most loved match that i'd ever see (Until Jeff Hardy wins the WWE Championship). This was My favorite superstar at his best. I have never seen Jeff Hardy better. The end coming with Jeff Hardy beating HBK clean in the middle of the ring, proving he is a main event star... My Dream Match..

Honorable mentions:
Jeff Hardy Vs. Umaga in a Steel Cage on Raw
The Royal Rumble Match as always
Belfast Brawl @ WM24
Y2J vs Jeff Hardy on Raw for the IC Title
Y2J vs HBK @ Judgement Day
John Cena Vs Randy Orton Vs HHH @ WM24
Edge Vs Underaker In TLC @ One Night Stand
SANTINO WINNING IC Title AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @ Summerslam

**Note** I'm yet to see Edge Vs Taker In Hell In A Cell, but i assume that it will be pretty fucking great!

Unsurprisingly, I have to the top three spots to the Taker/Edge feud.

3. Undertaker vs. Edge Wrestlemania: An epic buildup led to this match. It started with Edge cashing in MITB and followed with Taker trying but consistently failing to get his hands on him. When he finally did at mania you knew it was going to be explosive, and it was, and had a nice ending to it that made Edge look like he really could have beaten the Deadman in his kingdom.

2. Undertaker vs. Edge One Night Stand: This was a great match that had you nervous the entire time. Not only because it was a TLC match that you knew would be unpredictable, but because of the stipulation of Taker's banishment. When Taker did indeed lose is was so shocked, and it's been a long time since a match made me feel that way.

1. Undertaker vs. Edge, Summerslam: This Hell in a Cell was simply epic. It was light years beyond any cell match that has happened in half a decade. Finally they took the fight to the outside and both guys took some pretty impressive bumps. The ending with Undertaker "sending Edge to hell" was one of the best endings to a feud that I've ever seen. This match was simply spectacular.

Taker-Edge should most definitely win the PWI Feud of the Year award. And if it doesn't there is something seriously wrong with the columnists there.

The only true good wrestling match that Undertaker and Edge have had this year was their bout at One Night Stand. The WrestleMania and SummerSlam bouts were too slow and boring to watch, with little wrestling going on. The ending of the SummerSlam was also stupid, in which Taker sent Edge to hell. Sometimes I think to myself that WWE desperately need to join the real world and stop coming up with such unrealistic plots.
Best match of the year was easily Shawn Micheals vs Ric Flair, this followed by Shawn Micheals vs Batista at One Night Stand, all of the Shawn Micheals vs Chris Jericho matches, and John Cena vs Batista at SummerSlam. All of these matches were more gripping, faster paced and featured better wrestling than the average WrestleMania and SummerSlam matches of Edge vs Undertaker.

The entire Undertaker v Edge sequence has been epic (ONS was fantastic), and while Summerslam may prove to be the end to their feud for now, I really hope they pick things up again soon and go the whole year. Why not, its been that good, PPV-wise. To be honest, its currently the only feud in the WWE worth watching. Although Edge has carried the feud on Smackdown, Undertaker has enhanced it on the PPVs..

After the HIAC match I have a changed opinion. That match was truly MOTY. The build-up was great. The match was epic beyond all other epic matches. The best part was when Edge went through the two tables. Then when Undertaker sent Edge to hell was simply awesome.

Hell In The Cell All The Way This Really Surprised As I Thought They Would Never Go Outside The Ring. Edge Spearing Taker Through The Cell And Table Was Priceless. Undrtaker Had His Spots To Though What A Wicked Ending To A Great Feud. Do Not Restart It Or You Will Ruin What Great Fights They Have Already Had. I Was Dissapointed That Wwe Took Foley Out Of Hell Match When He Was Slated To Screw Taker.

Folks, Edge vs Undertaker at SummerSlam was not the Match of the Year.

In fact, it wasn't even the match of Summerslam.

Come on, get over your smarky hatred of John Cena and Batista and realize that the best match of Summerslam - and a surefire MOTY candidate was the match BEFORE Hell in a Cell. Want to know why?

No gimmicks. Hell in a Cell wasn't a wrestling match, it was an all out massacre. It was two guys using every conceivable prop and high spot to get a "wow" out of the crowd. That's all well and good, but the fact is, Cena vs Batista was a fantastic match that required NOTHING but the two men wrestling. No weapons. No ref bumps. No guest refs. No cage. No implications. No titles. Two great wrestlers with PRIDE on the line.

Selling. When Cena worked Batista's leg, Dave sold that bad boy the entire match AND on the way up the entrance ramp after the win. The pain on Batista's face while in the STFU was palpable, and since Cena has made HHH tap out to it before, it certainly made sense that he could do it to Batista. But Batista fought on, reached the ropes, and sold the hell out of the move! Edge gets snake eyed face first into "steel" steps, no sells, and hits Undertaker. Ok...

Ending. Batista hitting the bomb as a reversal to Cena's leg drop attempt was AWESOME. Since Cena has done that before, it made sense that he go to the top to try it. Batista bombs him while STILL not putting appreciable pressure on the injured leg, and then sells the pain he is in so much that it takes another Batista Bomb to put him away. Don't get me wrong - the surprises and near falls in the Edge / Taker match were awesome as well. But a few moves you could see coming, and the end spot with Edge going thru the canvas and the fire was a little hokey. A Last Ride through the ring would have made more sense. Do it through a table AND the ring, sans fire, and it looks amazing. But the Cena / Batista ending was better, AND it was 100% clean.

One thing I noticed about the HIAC match that I LOVED was the camera work. The camera people set up setting shots like NO other cage match I've ever seen, and they should be commended with how well the match came off.

But don't let the glitz and glamour of Hell in a Cell take away from the fact that, overall, Cena vs Batista was a far better professional wrestling match, and they needed no gimmicks to pull it off.

Cena and Batista was a good match. But certainly not the best match of the night. Whether you agree or not, Taker and Edge was definitely the most intense match of the night. Great back and forth action between both guys.
Bair in mind that Edge took some serious bumps. It did not exactly match up to Taker vs Mankind, possibly because Edge just did not want to be thrown from what seems to be a higher cell.
Nontheless, Edge and Taker did not fail. They most definitely delivered an awesome match. Just as I expected.

John Cena vs Batista at Summerslam
It was great , I realy didnt think that they could pull it iff but they had a great back and forth match that ended with batista winning. I dont think anyone picked Batista to win so that has shock value. Also the live crowd was very alive for the match booing the hell outta Cena and cheering Batista. Overall great match

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back