2 Hour RAW vs. TNA?

And I'm Awesome

Mr. Money in the Bank & US Champion
I'm looking to get some opinions from the other posters on this item. RAW, rumored to be 3-hours next week, will only be two. (See wwe.com article on Bret returning...the bottom of the article lists the standard start time of 9 P.M.)

Originally, when Rock was reported to be the host, many argued for a three hour show, myself included. I figured hey, it's Rock, he'll get a good solid half hour of screen time anyway, so you'd need three hours to get some wrestling worked into the show. When TNA was announced as going live Monday night, many (myself included) expected a three hour RAW to combat the three hour iMPACT.

Now, Bret is back. He's here until shortly after WM 26, so giving him plenty of screen time isn't as important. By bringing him in for four months, it looks like less of a response to Hogan/TNA and more like standard "let's get on the road to WM" fare.

I think WWE is sending a message to the smarks with only a two hour show next week. That message, of course, being that we don't need to add time or bring in one-shot insanely huge guest hosts (I mean, c'mon, Bret is famous to more old school folks...younger fans probably don't know as much about Bret as they should). WWE is sending a quiet message that TNA isn't a concern,

Which, honestly, with Hogan in charge, I wouldn't be concerned if I were Vince either. Just sit back and buy the video library when Hogan runs TNA into the ground...

Anywho, back on task. What do you guys think of WWE going with a standard length RAW when TNA is going with the "Monday Night War" Impact? Are they sending a message? Do they truly not give a rat's ass what TNA does?

Yeah...I think you're reading too much into it. I never heard Raw would be three hours next week to begin with?

It seems to me the WWE is kind of taking TNA seriously. I mean next week there is the tag title match and Kofi vs Orton and it is being hosted by Bret Hart. Those are a couple of solid match ups that people will want to see. So I think WWE is just making sure they destroy TNA by putting out these solid matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back