• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Zack Ryder video posts a deeper meaning

RicSpade

Mr. All-in
So it was reported earlier by Wrestlezone that Zack Ryder teased a return of Z! True Long Island Story, but did they miss the real meaning behind the message?he threw down the championship and threw the wig at the screen causing the feed interruption. While we may look at it as he is going to bring back the popular Youtube show, I see it as Zack Ryder teasing a heel turn, something that may be a last effort to get pushed back to TV, what is your thoughts?

He certainly needs a change in direction to propel him to the next level. He needs to be a serious character on some level to be taken seriously as a threat. Now that Dolph is champ maybe he has more stroke and can get Zack a new push and a new direction. That would be cool.

My thoughts are meh. Ryder was highly over at one point in his career. This was during his time with Eve and Cena. Then during this time he was fed to Kane. Him being over was chewed up and shat out. Ryder was receiving less pops from the crowd then he was taking off TV. Him making random appearances still got him low pops from the crowd. Ryder just wasn't over.

Who knows if is the powers to be (Vince himself) or Ryder that drove down his push. I can say Ryder isn't that bad in the ring or all that bad on the mic. To me, it is Ryder's gimmick that just doesn't work. Him working as a heel can work. In wrestling it seems to be easier to get over as a heel versus a face. Giving the right story Ryder could and I stretch that could work as a heel.

It is never a possibility that Ryder could be going back to the show or turning heel. The thing is how invested are the guys in back in Ryder? Honestly for me I have never been a huge fan of Ryder. A gimmick change could change that. But for now, all we can do is wait to see whether or not the Youtube show is coming back or the heel turn is truly what's being portrayed.

My thoughts are meh. Ryder was highly over at one point in his career. This was during his time with Eve and Cena. Then during this time he was fed to Kane. Him being over was chewed up and shat out. Ryder was receiving less pops from the crowd then he was taking off TV. Him making random appearances still got him low pops from the crowd. Ryder just wasn't over.

Hehe nope. Ryder was over and it was the whole Eve/Cena thing that buried him and ruined his popularity and killed his character. Before that he was over and the crowd was behind, he wasn't a serious character but someone the fans could get behind with. Then the whole Cena/Eve thing turned him into a punching bag for Kane and Eve to trample on.

Hehe nope. Ryder was over and it was the whole Eve/Cena thing that buried him and ruined his popularity and killed his character. Before that he was over and the crowd was behind, he wasn't a serious character but someone the fans could get behind with. Then the whole Cena/Eve thing turned him into a punching bag for Kane and Eve to trample on.

This. The whole Eve/Cena/Kane story line made Zack Ryder seem like such a pussy, it was so stupid and unnecessary.

I hope this video foreshadows a character change, he really needs it. Jersey Shore isn't even on anymore and that is pretty much his whole gimmick.

A heel turn won't save Zack Ryder. He needs a character change.

Nobody cares about your typical "Jersey Shore wanna be douche" anymore. He needs to get more serious is really what it boils down to.

And as said earlier, he looked like the biggest pussy in the Eve storyline. That is what killed his career.

Nobody cares about your typical "Jersey Shore wanna be douche" anymore.

Jersey Shore isn't even on anymore and that is pretty much his whole gimmick.
And yet it was Ryder who debuted before Jersey Shore. Ryder started doing the whole "Long Island guido" gimmick in May 2009 and Jersey Shore didn't debut on MTV until December 2009. The problem was, when Jersey Shore was at its height in popularity, Vince didn't push Ryder. Ryder, with this gimmick, in 2010 could have been huge.

I have long been a fan of Ryder's. I think the guy has a ton of talent. His last push was aborted before it even got going, but fans were behind him (remember the "WE WANT RYDER" chants at the 2011 Survivor Series?) and will get behind him again. A character change or heel turn could help him huge. I hope he does it and I hope he gets on TV more.

I think Zack Ryder is trying to promote a possible new gimmick but gah it is needed. Ryder is so stale I can fully understand why WWE have put him in the jobbing line.

I think it was him trying to debut a more serious character, not necessarily a heel turn, but maybe. I think it's about time Hawkins and Ryder make a return. Lets face it, there's really no room in the mid card right now after all the recent debuts, so there's a fat chance Ryder would come in and make any noise. Now that Tyler Reks is gone, Hawkins has nothing going for him, I believe he returned from injury at a house show, but nobody took notice. Hawkins and Ryder are former tag team champions and that alone can bring a little credibility to the non-existent tag division. I think heel or face they can come in and make an immediate impact.

He's giving up the gimmick. That's for sure. Whether he'll be a heel is yet to be determined, but he definitely needs a change.

I say turn him heel - and to do that, he needs to go after someone that's major over as a face. And to be honest, there's really no one that's a full fledged face that I can think of. If he attacks Cena, he's getting Austin-type pops. If he attacks anyone else, it's going to be a huge meh.

Hope that this works for him - it's probably his last chance if it doesn't.

The Eve/Cena angle definitely killed his momentum as he was just seen as a lackey for Cena imo. Add to that it kinda made him look like a pussy. I think a character change is needed, and a heel turn would be the way to go. He is decent in the ring, and is pretty good on the mic too. My only fear is he has been off tv for so long and I wonder if anyone will even care if he turns heel or changes up his character.

Zac Ryder and Curt Hawkins would be great assets to the the tag team division but the video doesn't look like its hinting at that. It could be hinting at a Ryder heel turn or maybe it could be hinting that Zac Ryder's time in the WWE is coming to an end.

I would really like to see Ryder (with or without Hawkins) join up with his former nemesis and current World's Champion, Dolph Ziggler. If he were to take a more serious tone (losing the LI Gimmick) and talk about his accomplishments (multiple tag champ, US champion, Internet Champion) I think he would be a great mid-card asset for what would be a great stable.

I look forward to seeing how this pans out as he has been teasing a change for sometime now. I really like him and was live for his win over Dolph at TLC and the crowd was going absolutely nuts. It was probably the biggest pop of the night and Bryan cashed in that night. He has the ability to get over and stay over as long as he has exposure.

Alot of people are saying that the program with Cena/Kane/Eve really screwed him, but he was still getting cheered for a long time after that. I think the WWE just said fuck you to Zack and took him off TV. He is so rarely seen of course people arent going to cheer him as much as they once did, but if they get him back on regular programing he would get as much heat has before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back