YouTube...the best place to download music?

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
If one were wanting to download music, it is where I would go. Just download the video and rip the audio from it. And since YouTube opened the music service, you can find quality video/audio on there.

But the best part about it is that it's probably the best way to download individual songs without fear of police involvement, at least with the way everything is currently set up. Amazes me really.

That is interesting...

What I usually end up doing is downloading the video form (YOUTUBE video) of the song through savevid.com. Then with my MP3 converter software, just convert the video (MPEG-4/MP4) into a song (MP3)...3 minute process with very little effort...

If it's a song I like a little bit and I only want it for novelty value,or a CAW,I'll rip it from YT. But usually,I buy all my music.

Have you silly Americans not heard of Lime/FrostWire yet?

I have yet to hear of one person in this country getting caught out illegally downloading music on it.

Yeah, youtube is good to get music from. I don't even need to rip the audio since I can just put the videos in the "Music Videos" section of my iPod and they can play just the audio if I select them on the song list.

No, we have. It sucks.

I'm surprised Kim Jung Il hasnt caught anybody in your country yet...

We try to do it while he's asleep.

Also, how exactly does it suck? Every song I have ever wanted from there I have gotten, in CDQ quality no less.

It just seems like you guys are putting yourselfs through too much hard work for a couple of simple .mp3s.

Limewire is full of viruses and it's a filesharing program, which is like really illegal.

I've never caught any viruses ever from it. Maybe it's because my computer is properly equipped with the right virus protection program or maybe because I don't download the obvious fake virus ones.

Also, it's so illegal, yet how many people have been charged with stealing by using it? Man, they really drum the whole "you can hide from the long arm of the law" over there, huh?

I've never had any problems with Limewire. Even when my old computer was running with no anti-virus for a little while, I never had any viruses with it. Also, it's much faster than other programs I've tried and I always find the songs I want on it.

Have you silly Americans not heard of Lime/FrostWire yet?

I have yet to hear of one person in this country getting caught out illegally downloading music on it.

At first I thought you were joking, but now I'm inclined to believe you are serious. I certainly hope not. Not only is Limewire full of trash, junk downloads, and viruses, it also just got kicked in the balls a couple months ago when a judge ruled that not only did the Limewire company have to pay damages for its illegal file sharing activity, the actual owner was found to be personally liable. Now they (which I think is the RIAA) are seeking to begin collecting IP addresses of those who are using Limewire to illegally transfer files. I don't think they'll get that, but I think they are trying.

Get away from Lime/Frostwire as quickly as you can. Besides that, do you know how EASY it is to find people who are sharing files on there? It's not different than how they catch people using bit torrents. If you and I were connected, I could get you IP address in about 5-10 seconds.

Find a less well-known service if you insist on getting your mp3.

A Youtube to MP3 converter is so convenient. You copy the Youtube link, paste it in the converter, and you have new MP3's. The number of links/MP3s that you can put into the converter at once is nearly unlimited.

I hear myspace used to be awesome to download music from. Unfortunately, the ***** made it impossible to rip music from there...this is probably the reason why Tom's lost so many friends to facebook.

The problem with internet Youtube-to-mp3 converters is that the MP3s are all fucked up and appear to be 30:00 long. You can't skip around or cut them for use in videos.

I use a private torrent site and Utorrent. I hate downloading songs one by one. I download whole cd's or whole band collections at a time.

At first I thought you were joking, but now I'm inclined to believe you are serious. I certainly hope not. Not only is Limewire full of trash, junk downloads, and viruses, it also just got kicked in the balls a couple months ago when a judge ruled that not only did the Limewire company have to pay damages for its illegal file sharing activity, the actual owner was found to be personally liable. Now they (which I think is the RIAA) are seeking to begin collecting IP addresses of those who are using Limewire to illegally transfer files. I don't think they'll get that, but I think they are trying.

Get away from Lime/Frostwire as quickly as you can. Besides that, do you know how EASY it is to find people who are sharing files on there? It's not different than how they catch people using bit torrents. If you and I were connected, I could get you IP address in about 5-10 seconds.

Find a less well-known service if you insist on getting your mp3.

I doubt they'll get it too. And if they were, I'm not sure this RIAA would be able to do much with it being that they operate in the US and I'm over here.

I believe you can now hide your IP address if you want to. Takes that hassle away. Trust me man, a lot of this is just scare tactics from the media, if Limewire really were in a lot of trouble they would have shut it down or gave some forewarning that they would.

Great place for finding and downloading music. It's even better when they give you a link to download to avoid having to convert the files. Or you can use Kissyoutube.

It's what I used to do until I was in a position to buy music. The only problem is, if you have a download limit a month, you end up reaching your limit a lot quicker.

I've never had any problems with Limewire. Even when my old computer was running with no anti-virus for a little while, I never had any viruses with it. Also, it's much faster than other programs I've tried and I always find the songs I want on it.
When I used to use it, there was plenty that I couldn't find on there. You must not be looking for the right stuff.

If I downloaded more than two or three songs a month, I might look into finding something other than Limewire.

I would use Vuze every now and then for an album I might want

Limewire is full of viruses and it's a filesharing program, which is like really illegal.

It's not illegal everywhere Doc. Fully legal here. I use it quite a bit, and have not got one virus from it either. The virus filled files are easy to see. Especially with the newer versions of limewire. I use that a lot, as well as torrents. Depends if I want just the single songs, or the whole CD. Then i the CD is really good, I'll go buy it. Myspace is another place where I've grabbed a few songs as well. And there is a hip hop site where the artists post up their new music before it gets released anywhere else for people to download as well.

Filesharing is not illegal Doc. Only filesharing files which are deemed to be protected is illegal. And even then, many times it's a civil issue, not a legal one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back