Your World 11 for Football

Miko

WATCHA GONNA DO, BROTHER!?
Football World 11 would be a better title if one of you mod people want to do that for me.

What is your dream team of present day footballers? One special rule though, no one from Barcelona, if you pick 1 player from Barcelona you might as well pick the other 10. In fact, think of it as a team assembled to try and beat Barcelona, with Jose Mourinho as manager obviously.

I'll start. This is in a 4 3 3 Formation.

GK Iker Cassilas - Do you think Pepe Reina is the best goalkeeper in Europe? Well your wrong, Cassilas is so much better it's not even funny. Easily the best Goalkeeper in the world by quite a margin. Also the team captain.

RB Phillip Lahm - He's the best all round right back in the World, Dani Alves might be a better attacker, and there may be some better defenders (doubtfull), but Lahm in the total package.

LB Ashley Cole - Suprised myself with this choice, but he gets in for the same reasons as Lahm, there are probably better attackers, but Cole is probably the best defensively and he is very good going forward as well. Also unlike Ryan Giggs and John Terry, Cole has never pretended to not be a douche. I like that.

CB Nemanja Vidic - Outside of Pique and Puyol he's the best going, very commanding, good in the air, great tackler and game reader and all that bollocks. Can be outdone by speed, as Torres will tell you.

5. CB John Terry - Jokes.

CB Thiago Silva - Has been called the best Centre Back in the World right now, could well be, regardless he's a good choice because he has pace where Vidic lacks and he is just as solid a defender.

CDM Bastian Schweinsteiger - Want an awesome holding midfielder? Look no further, fuck Darren Fletcher and turds like that, this guy is the master at disrupting play and could really be the defensive shield needed.

CDM Xabi Alonso - You have your play spoiler, why not have one thats just as good and arguably the best passer in the game today? Thank fuck he plays for Madrid.

CAM Wesley Sneijder - Had a slow season last season, but he's still right at the very top of his game, a very, very good playmaker and attacking midfielder.

RF Christiano Ronaldo - I wanted someone less selfish perhaps, but why not include the second best player in the World, with the likes of Sneijder he'll have the service to be very dangerous indeed.

LF Wayne Rooney - Didnt really want to include him as there are better, but his partnership at United with Ronaldo really worked, so it'd probably be a good idea to team them up again. Plus he is an all round better player now than he was even last year.

ST Gonzalo Higuain - Best finisher in the World (outside of Barcelona of course) when he's fit, fuck Tevez, this is the guy you'd want leading the attacking line.

7 Subs -

Manuel Neuer - Goalkeeper
Patrice Evra - Fullback
Lucio - Centreback
Michael Essien - Midfield
Stephen Gerrard - Midfield (*shudder*)
Mesut Ozil - Attacking Midfield
Samuel Eto - Striker

Not pleased that I included three Englishmen when I think we are terrible, I'll come back when I am feeling a bit less slow.

GK - iker casilas - rarely makes mistakes

RB - Maicon - better defensively than Alves and is still great attacking. Got defender of the season a few years ago but struggled against bale but still remains best rb

CB - Vidic. Captain of United and is very consistent.

CB- PEPE. one of the best athletes in world football. He is solid at the back and can move into the midfield.

LB - A. Cole consistent in his defending and attacking.

RM- Nasri - amazing ball control and can score goals. best player in the premiership last season

CM - Cesc Fabregas - he can go past players , create goals and score goals.

CM - Gerrard - drives Liverpool by himself

LM - ronaldo

ST- Tevez
ST Rooney

iker casilas

Maicon Vidic pepe cole
Nasri cesc gerrard ronaldo

Tevez rooney

That makes no sense not to include Barcelona, are you saying Messi wouldn't be as good without the other 10?

Messi is shite without the Barcelona team supporting him. Have you ever seen messi play for Argentina?? He's not half the player he usually is when he plays for Argentina. He gets the best service in the world from barcelona's midfield and they create so many chances for him.

Thats why he isn't as good as Maradonna. Maradonna won seri A titles with an average team around him at Napoli. The equivalent of Messi joining Everton or Fulham and winning the premier league.

Back to topic ill put up my world 11 later.

GK Julio Cesar - Casillas makes too many basic goalkeeping errors to be considered the best in the world, overrated. Julio Cesar may be less athletic than Casillas but he's a better goalkeeper, simply put.

RB Phillip Lahm - Not sure he's the best defensive RB in the world but he is the best with balance when it comes to defending and attacking.

CB Thiago Silva - Going to need pace at the back to have the best defence in the world and that's exactly what Silva provides, also provides great cover.

CB John Terry (C) - Preferred to Vidic, far less reckless and a better leader.

LB Ashley Cole - Best LB in the world at attacking and defending, his forward runs are usually threatening and doesn't often get beaten when toe to toe with an attacker.

CDM Ramires - Meh, let him chase the ball around in midfield (got a good engine) and put the pressure on. After all, you're never going to command possession against Barcelona.

CDM Xabi Alonso -Tempted to put Modric here but he isn't better than Alonso. Alonso is arguably the best long passer in the world today which is key against Barcelona.

CAM Wesley Sneijder - A great play-maker who can also score goals. He's beaten Barcelona before and can't be left out.

RW Luis Antonio Valencia - Preferred to Ronaldo strictly on the basis that he's less selfish. Fast, strong, has good work rate (which is always nice against Barcelona) and can cross the ball very well.

LW Arjen Robben -I know he plays RW now but earlier in his career he played LW and was very good (he was also significantly less selfish), he's a great choice for exposing Dani Alves' defensive incapabilities with his speed and skill.

ST Diego Milito -Fernando Torres would've been an easy pick here if he was actually in his prime. Milito is just an improved version of Higuain. He's clinical and like Sneijder, has tasted victory against Barcelona before.

7 Subs -

Manuel Neuer - GK
Patrice Evra - LB
Nemanja Vidic - CB
Michael Essien - CDM/CM/RB
Luka Modric - CM/CDM/CAM
Christiano Ronaldo - CAM/RW/LW/ST
Wayne Rooney - ST/LW

GK Julio Cesar - Casillas makes too many basic goalkeeping errors to be considered the best in the world, overrated. Julio Cesar may be less athletic than Casillas but he's a better goalkeeper, simply put.

See, now I think Cesar is error prone, whereas outside of the World Cup Cassilas is about as solid as you can get, I know I just slammed his World Cup overall but he was immense in the final, making a helluva 1 on 1 save against Arjen Robben that would've won Holland the World Cup. Error just isnt something I associate with Casillas, Cesar on the other hand, especially recently.

LW Arjen Robben -I know he plays RW now but earlier in his career he played LW and was very good (he was also significantly less selfish), he's a great choice for exposing Dani Alves' defensive incapabilities with his speed and skill.

I knew I left somebody out, Robben would replace Rooney in my line up, Rooney goes on the bench and Gerrard can go back to beating up DJ's :). There, I now have the perfect team.

GK Iker Cassilas - Do you think Pepe Reina is the best goalkeeper in Europe? Well your wrong, Cassilas is so much better it's not even funny. Easily the best Goalkeeper in the world by quite a margin. Also the team captain.

RB Phillip Lahm - He's the best all round right back in the World, Dani Alves might be a better attacker, and there may be some better defenders (doubtfull), but Lahm in the total package.

LB Ashley Cole - Suprised myself with this choice, but he gets in for the same reasons as Lahm, there are probably better attackers, but Cole is probably the best defensively and he is very good going forward as well. Also unlike Ryan Giggs and John Terry, Cole has never pretended to not be a douche. I like that.

CB Nemanja Vidic - Outside of Pique and Puyol he's the best going, very commanding, good in the air, great tackler and game reader and all that bollocks. Can be outdone by speed, as Torres will tell you.

5. CB John Terry - Jokes.

CB Thiago Silva - Has been called the best Centre Back in the World right now, could well be, regardless he's a good choice because he has pace where Vidic lacks and he is just as solid a defender.

CDM Bastian Schweinsteiger - Want an awesome holding midfielder? Look no further, fuck Darren Fletcher and turds like that, this guy is the master at disrupting play and could really be the defensive shield needed.

CDM Xabi Alonso - You have your play spoiler, why not have one thats just as good and arguably the best passer in the game today? Thank fuck he plays for Madrid.

CAM Wesley Sneijder - Had a slow season last season, but he's still right at the very top of his game, a very, very good playmaker and attacking midfielder.

RF Christiano Ronaldo - I wanted someone less selfish perhaps, but why not include the second best player in the World, with the likes of Sneijder he'll have the service to be very dangerous indeed.

LF Arjen Robben -

ST Gonzalo Higuain - Best finisher in the World (outside of Barcelona of course) when he's fit, fuck Tevez, this is the guy you'd want leading the attacking line.

7 Subs -

Manuel Neuer - Goalkeeper
Patrice Evra - Fullback
Lucio - Centreback
Michael Essien - Midfield
Wayne Rooney - Midfield/attack
Mesut Ozil - Attacking Midfield
Samuel Eto - Striker

See, now I think Cesar is error prone, whereas outside of the World Cup Cassilas is about as solid as you can get, I know I just slammed his World Cup overall but he was immense in the final, making a helluva 1 on 1 save against Arjen Robben that would've won Holland the World Cup. Error just isnt something I associate with Casillas, Cesar on the other hand, especially recently.

I agree that Cesar hasn't been at his best recently but I've seen Casillas make way more errors than Cesar, Casillas made numerous errors in the Champions League either last season or the season before.

formation - 4-4-2
GK - Gianluigi Buffon - although he is getting quite old now he is still a decent keeper and after his recent surgery seems to be hitting good form again.

RB - Maicon - Probably the best RB at the moment.

CB - Giorgio Chiellini - Another Juve player, really good defensively and one of the better Seria A defenders

CB - Thiago Silva - The best defender in Seria A without a doubt and his speed means he is even better.

LB - Patrice Evra - very talented and in my opinion the best LB in the world

CDM - Esteban Cambiasso - Not a pretty player but is the main man in Inter and plays holding midfield like no one else

RM - Arjen Robben - Although RM is not his natural position putting him here will make the team more likely to go forward faster.

CAM - Wesley Sneijder - starting to hit form again and is a deadly player

LM - Frank Ribery - IMO the best French player at the moment and this position will get the best out of him

ST - Antonio Di Natale - A striker who has a good eye for goal and a score rate last season that was beaten only be Ronaldo and Messi

ST - Sergio Aguero - An Argentine who i feel is much better than Messi in most ways. His scoring ability is amazing and he can play off a second striker much like he did at Athletico

Subs
GK - Julio Cesar
CB - Vidic
RB - Lahm
CDM - Xabi Alonso
CM - Kaka
ST - Ronaldo
ST - Diego Forlan

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics