Your underrated match of 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal 4 life

Frankie <3
what is your most underrated match of 2009?

In my opinion it's The Miz vs john Morrison at bragging rights 2009. I no most of you don't rate bragging rights but this match had some great spots and the build up was excellent. So what's yours?

i think it's Kane Vs The Great Khali feud even if i didn't love it but it was a little strong that the others but at ther PPV's matches they didn't have much time to have a good match even if they are big

My favorite match of 2009 was Kurt Angle vs Desmond Wolfe at Turning Point. It may of not been underrated by alot of people but I don't think it got the credit it deserved. That had to be anywhere from 4-5 stars it was a great match & I'm not sure whats going on w/ Wolfe right now but TNA needs to do everything they can to get him back in the ring ASAP!!!

Sting vs AJ Styles at Bound For Glory. There were a few botches which ruined it for most people but to me it showed that Sting can still put on one hell of a match. I was doubting his wrestling ability until that match shut me up. He's still got it.

Jeff Hardy vs. John Morrison for the World Heavyweight Championship on SmackDown.

Triple H vs. Randy Orton had a last man standing match for the WWE Championship on RAW that everyone seemed to forget about.

John Morrison vs Rey Mysterio on Smackdown for the IC Title.

This was a purely amazing match, and the best Morrison match I've seen where it wasn't a gimmick match.

I see no one talking about this match, probably because it was on TV, but it was that amazing.

They meshed really well, had great counters, and really put some effort into it.

Everyone should check it out if they haven't seen it.

John Morrison vs Rey Mysterio on Smackdown for the IC Title.

This was a purely amazing match, and the best Morrison match I've seen where it wasn't a gimmick match.

I see no one talking about this match, probably because it was on TV, but it was that amazing.

They meshed really well, had great counters, and really put some effort into it.

Everyone should check it out if they haven't seen it.

Totally agree. I remember this was a last-minute match because Rey Mysterio was about to be suspended for 30 days. But anyway, this was a great PPV quality match... It shows why Rey Mysterio is a main eventer, and why JoMo should be one back then (and still should... )

HHH-Orton for the WWE Title on Trump RAW (Last man standing) at least had a one week buildup.. and Rey-JoMo had like 10 minutes of buildup. Therefore, I give my point to this match.

for me its either Rey Mysterio vs Dolph Ziggler or John Morrison vs Shelton Benjamin, obviously there both midcard matches, so thats probably why I think they were underrated, these two were definitely in the top 10 matches in 2009 IMO.

My pick has to go to the Hardy showdown at WrestleMania 25. This year belonged to Jeff Hardy and he proved that by wowing the crowd in every match he performed in that year. Here at WM25, I think the Hardy match was the best match behind HBK/Taker.

To me any match between john morrison and cm punk i remember the first three were the best non gimmick matchs i have every seen on tv hopefully when a cm punk dvd comes out we will get atleast two of there matchs together.

I also think the 60 min iron man match was under rated because it had been a long time since we had one and this one didnt exceed expectations but it wasnt a let down

what about orton vs shane o mac i remember being kinda surprised that its was a good match dont get me wrong it was no classic but it was a good match from a Mcmahon

IMO the most under rated match of 2009 was chris jericho vs ricky steamboat it was a great match between a hall of famer and a future hall of famer and a mile stone in chris jerichos career because steamboat was his last child hood hero he hadnt faced yet

I would gotta say jack swagger vs. Christian on an episode of ecw right after now way out. The match was really good and christian proved he could pull a match out of a green jack swagger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back