Your top 5 live albums

Uncle Phatso

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Taking an Idea I seen from That Metal Show I decided to make my own list of top live albums. Any genre that you feel fit, personally mine will all be live rock and metal albums. Rap, metal, rock, pop, whatever is your fancy.

#5 Lamb of god- Killadelphia

Strangely setting right next to me lol, Lamb of God's first and only live DVD/CD to date made a huge impact on my metal ear. Its older for them now going over the 15 year mark in the music industry, but still made a huge impact on my music thinking. The live crowd for them is just brutal, if any band went after them they might be booed off of the stage. The crowd is just fanatical in this DVD.

Starting with undoubtedly their biggest song to date with Laid to Rest. Going through with the self proclaimed beer drinking song 11th hour and ending as usual with Black label. This whole album is flawless. I would rather listen to this album live than to go through old CD's and listen to their studio versions of songs.

#4 Motorhead- No Sleep 'til Hammersmith

GREAT Live album. Its a must have for any rock or metal fan. I'm personally pissed off to not have it, but lol I've listened to all the songs anyways. Lemmy is flawless in his ruff and gruff British voice as usual. Honestly Lemmy is probably right behind Ozzy for most noticeable in today's metal sense.

Starting out with Ace of spades, today they still play it flawlessly. with such hits as overkill and the hammer this CD is flawless. I love looking back at bands when they were younger. I'm still not sure if age has made Motorhead any better. But by the looks of it, it hasn't hurt them either.

#3 Johnny Cash- Live at Folsom Prison

When I was younger my dad was a huge Elvis fan. So I got allot of that, oldies was his stuff. But he was a bigger Johnny Cash fan. I remember hearing this on tape when I was five or six, and for years this tape was a staple in his car.
This album tells a story of Johnny Cash for me. The man in black is forever in my book one of the greatest singer and lyric writers of all time. If you don't believe me just take a look at this album.

#2 Kiss- Alive!

To me I love kiss, no matter the bullshit about them being a market band. Their stage show has all ways been awesome, and really this album kind of set forth the rules for a live show. Strutter is still the song that I find myself hearing praises from on this album. I'm going to go with the masses on that decision. It was possibly the best song on the album.

Hotter than hell was another great song played during that album. The crowd really loved it. But the song that really put the crowd over forever is still Rock and roll all night. A major fun times song for me, that even the common man can sing. Its an anthem forever of fun times, and to just let yourself go.

#1 The Jimi Hendrix Experience- Live at Monterrey

I honestly can't comment on the epic Jimi Hendrix, and I don't really need to. If you don't know who he is you've lived under a rock for your whole life and if you hear him... your ears will explode.

OK enough with the funnies, Basically this is what a live album is to me. Its live playing, its not perfect studio playing. Jimi does some things in this album today that can't be replicated, and never will be. I personally love Foxy lady and the wind crys Mary off this album. But the staple in music purple haze is on this album. Great album and best in my book.

So what are your choices?

I don't really have many LIVE albums, but the ones I do own are brilliant.

Alice In Chains- LIVE

The album is put together using tracks from 2 or 3 live concerts on 1 tour, and until I read that in the booklet inside, I had no idea. It is very well produced, and Alice sound great at this point. I think it was released before they put out their final, self-titled album with Layne.

My favoruite moment is where Angry Chair is just finishing, with the distorted guitar just about to fade out, when Layne gets on the mic and says "We got one more for ya..thank you SO much for coming out...." then without a gap AIC go straight into "Man In The Box". Fucking great

Oasis-Familiar To Millions

Back in 2000, Oasis were at the peak of their powers, a rock and roll powerhouse and it shows. They are bang on form at this gig, recorded live at Wembley stadium in London. There is a single disc and double disc version of this CD, and I ended up getting the red 2disc version. Not a bad song on here, everything is balls out pure rock n roll from a band who I love. Plus, my favoruite song "Supersonic" is on here

Bryan Adams- MTV Unplugged

A bit of a strange choice I know, but fuck it haha.

My Mum loves a bit of Bryan, and I got her this CD for Xmas years ago, after we heard "Back To You" (the single promoting the album) played on Top Of The Pops. She ended up having it in her car for about 2 years, and I must have heard this 100 times as it was played whenever we went on a car journey anywhere. Apart from "Back To You", there are some other great acoustic version of Bryans biggest hits, such as "Summer of 69, The Only Thing That Looks Good On Me Is You, and Heaven. Just a top album

Alice In Chains- Unplugged

Another Live album from the MTV Unplugged series. This was recorded right at the end of Layne Staleys life, and he looks unbelivably frail and ill on the DVD of this gig. You can see Jerry Cantrell keep looking over worried at him, to make sure he is ok.

This is where I frist heard "Nutshell" I was driving having just picked up the album, and I had to end up pulling over to concentrate on this song. It was the most incredible piece of music I had ever heard, simply awesome. Some of Alices songs dont really swtich to acoustic that well, but Nutshell, Angry Chair and Would? were just brilliant on that cd

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back