• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your top 25 WWE Backlash, Judgement Day, KOTR Matches?

quink987

Pre-Show Stalwart
ok guys like the title says.............

25) Eddie Guerrero vs Essa Rios Backlash 2000
some great old school Lucha Libre

24) Bret Hart vs Mr Perfect KOTR 1993
not a good as their Summerslam match but defo worth a watch classic wrestling at its best

23) Rob Van Dam vs Shelton Benjamin Backlash 2006
this was a match filled some really good high spots through out and it showed how good Shelton can be in the ring.

22) DX vs Dudley Boyz Judgement Day 2000
it was a tables match some cool spots in the match and when the Dudleys put Tori through the table awesome good match overall

21) Kurt Angle vs Chris Benoit Judgement Day 2001
another epic match between of the best ever in ring wrestler to ever live.

20) Eddie Guerrero vs Rob Van Dam Backlash 2002
I match i couldnt wait to see and it didnt disappoint some great chain wrestling.

19) John Cena vs JBL Judgement Day 2005
the match that made John Cena seem pretty badass and the last time he would be cool but overall one of JBL's better matches.

18) Batista vs HHH Backlash 2005
another great encounter between these 2 men great build up for the match as well

17) HHH vs The Rock Backlash 2000
great build up to the match and with Austin returning and wooping ass made the match even greater

16) Chris Jericho vs Ricky Steamboat Backlash 2009
I know people will not agree with me but it was great seeing him return at WM25 but it was even greater seeing him go one on one with Jericho at Backlash should of happened at WM25 would of ment more to the fans.

15) Shawn Michaels vs Chris Jericho Judgement Day 2008
I love it when these 2 square off it this was the start of the best feud of 2008

14) Stone Cold vs Kane KOTR 1998
it was the first ever first blood match in the WWE and it was a really good match with a great hype and the crowd was still hot after the HITC match earlyer in the night.

13) Brock Lesner vs Big Show Judgement Day 2003
another great match between these 2 men one of my favourite Stretcher Match.

12) Bret Hart vs Diesal KOTR 1994
Great match by Bret again he was always able to bring the best out of Kevin Nash.

11) Stone Cold vs Undertaker Judgement Day 2001
another great match between them the build up was epic for this match and the ending made you start shouting at the TV.

10) Shawn Michaels vs Stone Cold KOTR 1997
these 2 always work well together its a must watch match between these 2 guys.

9) HHH vs The Rock Judgement Day 2000
Epic match these 2 was the WWE for most of 2000 and they had some really great match but I think this was the best and the Undertakers return awesome.

8) Shawn Michaels vs British Bulldog KOTR 1996
one of Bulldogs best matches in his career a match HBK' which everyone should enjoy.

7) Eddie Guerrero vs JBL Judgement Day 2004
wasnt the best match at all but i enjoy watching it and that chair shot wow!

6) Owen Hart vs 1 2 3 Kid KOTR 1994
was proberly one of the best 4min's of the PPV i enjoyed it showed how great both men were in the ring

5) HHH vs Chris Jericho Judgement Day 2002
these had been feuding since around WM and it was nice to see the feud come to an end in HITC great HHH/Jericho match

4) HBK vs Chris Benoit vs HHH Backlash 2004
I think this match is over shadowed by the WM match but it was a really good match with some great spots

3) Randy Orton vs Mick Foley Backlash 2004
the match that made Orton legit and one of my favourite Randy Orton matches Orton and Foley took some really great spots.

2) Kurt Angle vs Shane McMahon KOTR 2001
people call this as one of the best street fights around some great spots and both men went all out in the match Kurt Angle proved he can make anyone look good.

1) Undertaker vs Mankind KOTR 1998
the greatest HITC match ever the falls FOley took were out of this world but even more so he was able to carry on with the match and do even more spots, this a must see for any Wrestling Fan

To be honest, I don't care enough about these PPVs to list 25 matches but one I love is the Kane vs. Triple H Chain match at Judgment Day 2001 for the Intercontinental Title.

Judgement day never really produced many good matches let alone classics, but my shows are as follows.

King of the Ring - 1994 Tournament, mightn't look good on PPV but I've always loved the tournament.

Backlash - 2002, for the post WrestleMania PPV which normally fails this card had Hogan/HHH, RVD/Eddie, Austin/Undertaker and Angle/Edge all top quality matches.

Judgment Day... 2002, I dont have single Judgement day show that was superior to any other, 2002 had Hogan/Undertaker III, RVD/Eddie II (III with UK PPV) Hell in a cell.. not a bad ppv in general.

Ya, I'm not listing 25 matches.

But my favorite would be Cena vs JBL in an I Quit match at JD 2005.

You definitely should've made it 5 matches, even 10 would be pushing it but you made it 25 thats outrageous.

I gotta put Cena vs Edge Last Man Standing at Backlash 09 on my list though, the ending was great

25?!?! I'll try..but I probably won't get very far.. considering i never really watched many of these PPVs..
KOTR 2002 RVD vs Jericho
JD 2002 HHH vs Jericho HIAC
JD 2002 Kurt vs Edge hair vs hair
JD 2002 Hogan v Taker
Backlash 2002 Eddie v RVD (it was at Backlash 2002 wasnt it?)
Backlash 2002 HHH vs Hogan
Backlash 2001 Angle vs Benoit Ultimate Submission
KOTR 2001 Kurt vs Shane
KOTR 2001 Benoit vs Y2J vs Austin

Like others have said, why did you make a top 25 matches for 3 different PPV's no one really cares about? All 3 of them only have a handful of classic matches each. Too be honest, you pretty much listed all the good ones...which kinda makes it pointless for me to re post it as i agree with most of your list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back