Your Thoughts on The WWE airing WrestleMania on NBC

This really can't hurt. If anything It will give ratings to nbc and the wwe really didn't have to pay extra to do this at all.

It's going to bring in different viewers and try to get some old wrestling fans back into it also. I hope this will do this yearly and it would be a good thing for nbc and wwe to work together as I think that have a good business relationship.

Its going to possibly poll in new non/wrestling fan , turned into wrestling fans also.
If tna was smart they would try to do something like this and not just compete with the wwe and try to find a way to bring in more viewers.

From what I have read it will be a one hour special again this year. Just a way for them to drum up some interest from non wrestling fans. If they wanted to do something nice for their fans they would air the whole thing.

I know the highlights of the show already I will pass on this one hour love fest.

I think it's great, it gives the fans that couldn't afford the PPV to watch it on tv (or at least parts of it). It also draws more attention to the WWE and gives WWE the attention of the NBC crowd.

I understand what you mean by a let down to the people who ordered it on Pay-Per-View but as someone else mentioned, they are cutting a 3 1/2 show to about 45/50 minutes which is going to be basically nothing. Majority of the time will most likely be spent highlighting the Undertaker vs HBK match.

I don't see how this could possibly be a bad thing. It gets advertisment, ratings, promotions which all translate into cash for the company and a pretty good show for free for the fans. IMO win - win

It's totally a hook.Might bring in more casual viewers at least.At best they might increase sales of DVDs,but that's if you want to look at this from a completely optimistic point of view.Most importantly,they'll be getting people to say "Hmm,maybe wrestling isn't as crappy as the average wrestling dissenter says it is,maybe I'll tune in next monday." And Bam,more fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back