• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your thoughts on Ozzie Guillen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Badass

Not sure if the news of this has made it all over yet (although with todays media being how it is, I am sure it has)....

....What are your thoughts on Guillen using the word "***" to describe a Chicago reporter? In Chicago, it is quite the topic of conversation (seeing as Chicago has a very big gay community). Some are trying to label him as a bigot and all of that and I personally don't think it's that big of a deal, especially since the reporter in question isn't gay. He's a prick, but not gay.

Just goes to show the "Freedom of Speech" right, as it quickly fades away, is only good if what you have to say doesn't offend someone.

Don't think it should be a big deal but I bet Exponent is pretty mad Ozzie's talking about his people!

man this is awesome you brought this up. DID YOU WATCH THE ALLSTAR GAME TODAY. guillen cracks me the fuck up. for those that don't speak spanish, when ichiro came out to shake guillen's hand, ozzie said "kiss my ass" in tounge. it was very clear and fuckin hilarious. i hate the sox, but i love me some guillen. go giants and hoffman blew it.

gamehead said:
He is a baseball caoch and he causes ALOT of problems.

Controversy yes, problems? not really. The media blowing things up makes things a lot worse than they are in most or all cases. For example, the latest incident involves a reporter (Marrioti) that is known to instigate things and then duck responsibility or saying things to people's faces. It's like if a poster here were to talk shit to someone and then be flamed in return. Of course Ozzie is in a position to respond responsibily, but regardless, he hasn't really caused much in the way of problems, at least not anywhere close to how the media exagerrates.

good coach...look at there record combined the last 2 years hes done wonders for the team and thome big big pick up..hes here to stay

so he called the guy a ***...who cares...I swear the whole country has been *****fied..."dont say this...u cant say that"...fuck that...life sucks get a fuckin helmet

I doubt it will hurt the rest of his managing career. Some people say the wrong things at times. When your mad you sometimes tend to say things you don't mean to say. I don't know if he meant to say it or not, but regardless this he said it and its over with. There's nothing really you can do about it now. And you wonder where ESPN gets some of these people journalists, etc.. for there shows like Jay Mariotti, Skip Bayless, Woody Page. They don't have a clue whats going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back