• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your Personal Favourite Feud Of All Time

Low_Ki

Former WZCW Tag Team Champion
This has probably been done to death but I am going to continue kicking a dead horse.

This time, it is not about the best feud of all time. It is about your favourite. Any wrestling promotion, any nutty band of wrestlers. Hell, I'll listen even if you thought that the build to Nailz Vs The Big Boss Man was epic.

Mine was, and always will be 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin Vs The Rock. I was 15 and their feud was real to me. Really. It was. I got upset if an episode of RAW (on Friday's in the UK at the time) ended with Austin being beaten down. I remember the build to Backlash after WrestleMania 15 and The Rock performed a eulogy after dropping Austin in a river. Austin crashed the party and beat The Rock's ass and dropped him into a grave that was dug as part of the set up to the funeral. Just as Austin was celebrating (he got his smoking skull belt back) Shane McMahon came from behind and broke the handle of a shovel over Austin's head. I was mortified.

But it had me captivated all three times that these men main evented WrestleMania.

Now your turn.

I have to go with triple H and mick foley during the 2000s I loved that rivalry and the street fight and hell in a cell match and the wrestlemania fatal 4 way all this matches too me we fantastic I just loved the chemistry and promos those two had and with triple h being one of my favorite wrestlers of all time to me the rivalry and fued was by far my favorite

Jeez man good thread. This is a pretty broad topic and I don't think that even I have a personal favorite feud. Well I don't have too well of a memory of WCW as I began watching wrestling near it's demise and the middle to end of the Attitude Era in the WWF. The top ones I can think of are Stone Cold vs. The Rock, Mankind vs. The Rock and as of late, Cena vs. Punk. Obviously, I am a huge Rock fan so I can pretty much tell you that I'd Mark out whenever he's on the WWE. Rock's feud with Austin was pretty much a turning point for the WWE during the Attitude era. The two of them had great chemistry between them and always brought the crowd to their feet no matter who was heel or face. Simply put, the fans loved them both. Their matches leaned me as I began to watch these two unfold. Mankind and The Rock also had their fair share of solid matches. I remember the '99 Royal Rumble I quit match which was very good. Also their Halftime Heat Empty Arena match was quite good because it was something us as fans didn't get to see. Which leads me to Cena - Punk. Cena and Punk whether you like them or don't like them, put on a show for us to all see. I know the IWC is quite big on Punk and not much at all on Cena. However, Cena and Punk have awesome chemistry between them. So much to say that I honestly believe their feud has been one of the best, if not the best since the old Austin-Rock feud's during the Attitude Era. I'm biased, I'll admit that Punk does nothing for me personally, and Cena, I don't hate him but I'm not his biggest fan. However, he helped pave the way for Punk to succeed with his 434 day WWE Championship reign. Look back at MITB '11. All of the drama was built up towards the Main Event in a story involving Cena and Punk that the WWE hasn't had since the late 90's to early 00's.

The feud to end all feuds is still Ric Flair and Terry Funk. It started with a bang...right on the heels of Flair winning the title back from Ricky Steamboat. A simple beginning: Funk congratulations Flair, and says he wants a shot. Flair blows him off, and turns his back. Funk sucker punches him, and then piledrives him on the floor.

Cut to Great American Bash: Revenge match: Flair has been out for a few months and comes back to take on Funk in a great match. Sting and Muta get involved and suddenly you have two great feuds meshed together.

Fast forward to Clash of Champions: Supposed to be Flair and Sting Vs. Funk and Muta, but Funk claims he's injured and has to have a substitute (Dick Slater) in the match. Flair, Sting, Muta, and Slater put on a solid match that ends when Funk ambushes Flair again, and this time tries to SUFFOCATE HIM WITH A PIECE OF PLASTIC! (HOLY SHIT MOMENT!)

Halloween Havoc - We finally get Flair and Sting Vs. Funk and Muta in a cage where the two teams beat the ever living crap out of each other.

Finally, the whole feud wraps up with Flair and Funk one on one, in an I-Quit, Loser Leaves Town match for the World Title. Basically everything is on the line in this match, and two guys just tear the place down.

Goddamn, that was a great year to be watching wrestling.

Indeed great thread. One of my all time favourite gimmicks that not too many people talk about that much was The Narcassist Lex Luger. He had the tremendous physique and was just such an arrogant jerk. He would look at himself in these giant shiny mirrors. It was just all hilarious. Then this path crossed with the one and only Mr. Perfect. And that's what I love about wrestling, what happens when, this one cocky arrogant personality clashes with someone eles who think they're just perfect. It made for some entertaining TV. Mr. Perfect would say, "You may have a great physique but Luger you're not... perfect" And Luger the arrogant character that he played would say "look at these pecks, just look at me, I am beyond perfect."

The larger than life personalities and characters interacting that's what I love about pro wrestling. Funny, hilarious and very compelling.

They would clash at arugably the most lavish Wrestlemania, Wrestlemania 9, where Luger would use his mysterious and controversial steel plated forearm to knock out Mr. Perfect for the win. Perfect would wake up after the match find Luger in the back chilling with a young Shawn Michaels with his mullet and street jeans, who would attack Perfect from behind with a garbage can I believe as Luger would cowardly run away.

It was a shame that feud had to end so soon and that Luger would give up the gimmick to become "Made in the USA" Lex Luger, and slam Yokozuna on the U.S.S. Intrepid. I know there was babyface vacancy to fill since Hogan left the company. But to me The Narracist Lex Luger was as arrogant and funny and lethal as they come. Fun times.

I was to young to remember every feud and match back in the Attitude Era, but I remember watching The Undertaker and Kane feud, The Brothers of Destruction saga!!!!
But one feud really was good, that was the Mick Foley and McMahon Feud!

Now in the ''PG Era'' one of the best feud's would have to be Jericho and Rey Mysterio (mid 2009)! They battled for the Intercontinental Championship and really this feud made the Intercontinental Championship worth something! And a few of the matches were not only for the Intercontinental Championship, but for Rey's mask to!!!

I also loved seeing Randy Orton heel against Triple H! Randy Orton really messed around with Triple H's head! Randy Orton attacked the McMahon Family and just made the feus interesting and with HHH attacking Orton in his house!! The match that was set for WM 25 wasnt so good but the feud was a great one!!!!

This was hands down one of the greatest feuds i reckon maybe even better than most of the Attitude Era feuds! Chris Jericho and Shawn Michaels-2008!! From a bloodbath at The Great American Bash, to Jericho punching Shawn's wife, Rebeca in the mouth, to their amazing Ladder Match at No Mercy to their no-rules match on Raw!!!!

I'll always have a soft spot for Hogan vs. Savage. The Mega Powers run, the break-up, the Mega Powers explosion at WM 5, the SummerSlam '89 main event with Brutus Beefcake and Zeus tagging with each guy respectively, the backstage assault by Zeus and Savage on Hogan and Beefcake at the Survivor Series, and then the special December PPV, No Holds Barred: The Match, The Movie. As a young fan, I was enthralled. Two of the most charismatic guys ever, an intense, personal feud, and a great WrestleMania main event-- just an all-around, great, long-term rivalry that totally delivered.

DDP vs. Randy Savage. This for me is the perfect feud when it comes to how to make a star, especially as it didn't involve any titles or anything like that. The feud was personal, intense, heated and the two men had really entertaining brawls in which they tied each other in one-on-one matches (DDP def Savage - Spring Stampede 97, Savage def DDP - Great American Bash 97) and tag team matches (Savage & Hall def DDP & Hennig - Bash At The Beach 97, DDP & Luger def Savage & Hall - Fall Brawl 97) until the feud-ending rubber match at Halloween Havoc 97 which Savage won. It also had a great moment during the feud where "La Parka" defeated Savage on Nitro using the Diamond Cutter and then unmasked to be DDP. Nobody saw it coming and the place went nuts for the angle. Savage did an excellent job at getting DDP over, I always love hearing that story about how WCW originally booked Savage to go over DDP at Spring Stampede but Savage said "he wanted to take a Diamond Cutter tonight", changing the booking to DDP going over. Without this feud, I don't see DDP ever holding the WCW Title or becoming one of the bigger WCW stars.

Bret and Shawn in 97. By this time the line between staged and real was blurred to say the least. Week in and week out you did not know what was scripted and what was real. There feud escalated throughout the year but it was more verbal then physical. It all lead up to there only televised match of the year at Survivor Series and we all know how that turned out. I don't think we will ever see something so real, so fresh and so entertaining between two top established stars that results in such an industry changing event.

Outside of that, the feud between The Nation and DX in the summer of 98 and in particular Rock and Trips stands out. It was apparent that both of these guys were destined for greatness and each did a great job in leading there group throughout the summer. DX imitating The Nation and Nation locking DX backstage to get to Chyna stand out.

I also was a huge fan of the Hogan/Savage feud. From their partnership to the falling out, to the match at Mania 5. Then like Dr. said when they brought Brutus Beefcake and Zeus into it. It just kept getting better for me. As far as today's feuds go I would say HBK/Taker. The build up started with the line at Royal Rumble. Sometimes it's hell getting into heaven. Then HBK portraying the white Undertaker. The build up was perfect leading into possibly the best match of all time at Wrestlemania 25. It continued on with Micheals being obsessed with beating the streak only for him to cost Taker the title and finally putting his career on the line. The greatest feud and matches in as long as I can remember.

The Fabulous Rougeau's said:
Bret and Shawn in 97. By this time the line between staged and real was blurred to say the least. Week in and week out you did not know what was scripted and what was real. There feud escalated throughout the year but it was more verbal then physical. It all lead up to there only televised match of the year at Survivor Series and we all know how that turned out. I don't think we will ever see something so real, so fresh and so entertaining between two top established stars that results in such an industry changing event.

Beat me to it. This was the big feud when I was a little eight year old kiddo. I didn't know about pushes back then, obviously. I had a Bret action figure (whose joints cracked when you "overextended" them) and he was my favourite. I thought: "Sure, he isn't perfect, but he'll come around yet!"

Looking back on it and having watched a lot of old footage, I appreciate the quality of the matches even more. What also stands out is that legit/kayfabe-line that TFR mentioned.

I have to go with Undertaker and Kane's feud.

Think about it for a moment. As far as storylines go, 'Taker and Kane's story was one of the absolute best, if not the best wrestling angles of all time. Bearer's promos talking about Kane before he appeared were just epic. Kane's debut was amazing. 'Taker refusing to face his own flesh and blood for months was interesting. To the two of them finally facing each other at WM 14. It was just amazing. They would feud, join forces, feud, join forces, and so on.

When you think about it, 'Taker and Kane are really the only two truly kayfabe characters left in the WWE. They have a backstory that's almost like it's from a comic book and the fact that fans still accept these characters and their story arc is a testament to how good the story and feud really is.

They just don't make feuds or storylines like that anymore.

Low_Ki said:
This has probably been done to death but I am going to continue kicking a dead horse.

This time, it is not about the best feud of all time. It is about your favourite. Any wrestling promotion, any nutty band of wrestlers. Hell, I'll listen even if you thought that the build to Nailz Vs The Big Boss Man was epic.

Mine was, and always will be 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin Vs The Rock. I was 15 and their feud was real to me. Really. It was. I got upset if an episode of RAW (on Friday's in the UK at the time) ended with Austin being beaten down. I remember the build to Backlash after WrestleMania 15 and The Rock performed a eulogy after dropping Austin in a river. Austin crashed the party and beat The Rock's ass and dropped him into a grave that was dug as part of the set up to the funeral. Just as Austin was celebrating (he got his smoking skull belt back) Shane McMahon came from behind and broke the handle of a shovel over Austin's head. I was mortified.

But it had me captivated all three times that these men main evented WrestleMania.

Now your turn.

not sure this counts but the alliance vs wwf. It had everything u wanted including great wrestlers and back stabbing.

However individual feuds I would say:

wwe- I would say y2j vs rock was a great one for me. Two great talkers. Two great wrestlers. One great feud.

TNA- ok this I have 2 joint favourites but from old tna and newish tna;

1) Raven vs jeff jarrett. Good old fashioned feud that ended well and saw some great matches

2) samoa joe vs kurt angle. like above but was also a massive name vs a growing champion that lead to a perfect feud.

Posted from Wrestlezone.com App for Android

I love alot of feuds, Austin/McMahon, HHH/Cactus Jack, Savage/Hogan, etc.

My favorite feud has to be Bret Hart vs America in 1997. To me, that felt real and I can feel it. Bret had great fight's with Steve Austin, they were great together. Austin was a cold hearted S.O.B and Bret was perfect for Stone Cold. Bret vs Shawn, you can feel the hate between them. As a fan, you gotta to love it cause you don't what was going to happen next between those two. It was a great time to be a WWF fan.

I'm going to go with Tommy Rich vs Buzz Sawyer. It was such an intense feud. It's to bad pay per view wasn't around then, because their Last Battle of Atlanta would of drawn huge numbers.

DDP vs. Randy Savage. This for me is the perfect feud when it comes to how to make a star, especially as it didn't involve any titles or anything like that. The feud was personal, intense, heated and the two men had really entertaining brawls in which they tied each other in one-on-one matches (DDP def Savage - Spring Stampede 97, Savage def DDP - Great American Bash 97) and tag team matches (Savage & Hall def DDP & Hennig - Bash At The Beach 97, DDP & Luger def Savage & Hall - Fall Brawl 97) until the feud-ending rubber match at Halloween Havoc 97 which Savage won. It also had a great moment during the feud where "La Parka" defeated Savage on Nitro using the Diamond Cutter and then unmasked to be DDP. Nobody saw it coming and the place went nuts for the angle. Savage did an excellent job at getting DDP over, I always love hearing that story about how WCW originally booked Savage to go over DDP at Spring Stampede but Savage said "he wanted to take a Diamond Cutter tonight", changing the booking to DDP going over. Without this feud, I don't see DDP ever holding the WCW Title or becoming one of the bigger WCW stars.

God this feud was brilliant.

I'll extend it back a little bit. DDP vs the nWo was brilliant in general. His face turn when he refused to join the nWo and dropped Hall with the Diamond Cutter set off one of the best face runs anyone has ever EARNED. By that I mean he was not a superstar when you looked at him. He worked his butt off to get the fans respect and support in 97 and it worked.

That feud with Savage was amazing.

Everything WCW did with the nWo in 97 was brilliant. The Giant's prolonged feud with Nash, hell, Luger became a mega star that year feuding with the nWo. The Steiners became main eventers with their heat with the Outsiders...

for me it'd be hhh vs orton leading up to Wm 25...just brutal...the home invasion,the handcuff assault,and the hardcore matches they had...it was all real to me back then and I wanted trips to kill orton...

I'd also put edge vs taker2008...or taker vs anyone in 2008

So many, I don't know if I cand pick just one. Here is some of my favorites in no particular order.

- Flair and Steamboat - Ultimate cocky, arrogant heel vs. ultimate goody two shoes babyface. They put on the best matches ever.

- Flair and Funk - Odd and strange to see Flair as the babyface but they made it work very well. The I quit match at the end of the run is epic.

The Four Horsemen and Dusty Rhodes - Very long running and many great matches including the War Games matches and the million dollar challenge match.

Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart - Very real heat between the two made it even better.

To many to list but just a few of my favorites.

I loved the fueds with Jakes Roberts when I was growing up. There was the amazing Macho Man v Jake feud with Macho getting bitten by Damian who had been hidden in a gift a Macho and Elisabeths wedding. There was the Earthquake feud too which resulted in Damien being squashed when Earthquake sat on him :sad:

My favourite feud however was the Jake Roberts/Ultimate Warrior/undertaker feud. Warrior was feuding with taker and sort help from Jake. I remember Warrior being locked in a room of snakes when Jake revealed he was with the undertaker and the the Warrior was bitten by a huge snake.

I admit that this feud didn't have any classic matches and never really got resolved as it was around the time warrior left but as a kid it was flat out cool.

The more and more I watch classic stuff from 1984 and 1985 the more the Hogan-Piper feud grows on me. I believe that it is a testament to how much heat Piper attracted during that time period. Hogan being the #1 babyface in the WWF at the time was in the right place at the right time as the crowd just wanted him to beat Piper's face in! The pre-show for the War to Settle the Score is a testament to that I think despite it being all celebrity commentary. Piper just knew how to get under your skin back then with attacking Albano, Lauper and David Wolffe. The heat between him and Mr. T was also great as well. It can be argued that Hogan and Piper never had a true "blow off" as Piper didn't want to job to Hogan, but it's allowed Roddy to stand the test of time.

I loved the Bret Hart/Steve Austin feud. Just the intensity shown by both and Bret finally returning to the WWE to shut this guy up at Survivor Series. I remeber an interview where Steve said that "I'll never be over." He was going to come after him again and again and showing his dislike for the entire Hart family. Those two had some great segments leading up to the infamous double turn at Wrestlemania, one of the greatest matches EVER.

That was the real beginning of Stone Cold, and he has Bret to thank as he was a big part in helping him become a star.

A great feud that really personified the attitude era.

[YOUTUBE]M7yLbfNywhI[/YOUTUBE]

Growing up in Texas in the heyday of WCCW nothing beats Von Erichs vs Freebirds. The all-American boys versus the rednecks from Georgia. Intense doesn't begin to describe it

Brett & Shawn produced great matches, hard to say at what point the feud was at it's best, Id say leading into HBK's Iron Man Match win for the belt.

Flair vs Steamboat was another one that produced one awesome match after another, two polar opposite characters.

Flair vs Dusty Rhodes though was more entertaining because though Dusty wasnt the in ring performer Steamboat was he was WAY more charismatic, his promos were hillarious and anytime he and Flair were on the mic at the same time it was insane, their best match was probably Starrcade 85.

HBK vs Taker leading into the retirement match was extremely good.

Rock-Austin was always very intense, you reallly felt like you watching the two biggest stars in the world collide, same way I felt in the 80s watching Hogan-Savage & Flair/Rhodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back