• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your Favourite Wrestlemania Feud?

quink987

Pre-Show Stalwart
well over the last 27 WM's weve seen some great feuds continue for several WM's for example HBK/Taker, Rock/Austin, HHH/Taker, Hogan/Andre, Taker/Kane, Angle/Benoit(WM16,WM17) and so fourth,

so my question is out of all the WM's which feud that had more than one match at Wrestlemania was your Favourite?

for me it would have to be HBK/Taker feud I know its not as big as some others but the build up to their final encounter was epic, we got to see how it ate at shawn all year to finally putting his career online for it. plus their first match was the greatest of all time and saved WM25 and their match at WM26 was more brutal and emotional so for its got to be number 1 in my eyes.

I think Rock/Austin. You never knew who would win. Both were at the top of the WWF and most importantly every time they met it had a great build. The best part was that the crowd was pretty mixed despite who was playing heel that night. It was almost like the Super Bowl. Even when Austin turned heel and took help from McMahon bashing Rock with a chair the crowd roared when he got the pin. I don't know who else could pull that off.

warrior hogan

IC Champ v WWF Champ

great build up from royal rumble, SNME and wwf tv

add earthquake and dino bravo to the mix and you didnt know what would happen on the nigh, both guys pulled out a great match which wone PWI of the year and the torch was passed

only it wasnt

warrior's reign was terrible

Rock/Austin. All three matches were great although my personal favourite was WM 17. The fued has everything arguably the two biggest superstars in the companys history at their peak, great build, perhaps the best back and forth promo work ever and intense unpredictables matches. The atmosphere was always incredible and their chemistry both in the ring and on the mic was phenomenal nothing I have seen has ever beaten it.

Rock vs Austin. All three matches and builds were great, but Wrestlemania 17 with those two at their peak of popularity is about as big as wrestling will ever get

Imagine having a feud that goes into Wrestlemania on three different occasions. This feud is extremely entertaining every time it is showcased on the big stage, never got boring, ages extremely well, and features two of the greatest pro wrestlers of ALL time. Mention one of these wrestler's names, and the other wrestler's name pops up into your head, as if they belong together. A feud that IS in essence everything that is not only Wrestlemania, but why we all love wrestling.

What feud could possibly fit such a description? The answer should be obvious to you - Rock and Austin.

These guys kept you guessing everytime. It's a feud that we compare and judge all feuds against. These two set the standard for every post-attitude era rivalry, and set the standard for guys like Cena, Edge, Punk, Orton etc to have intense and meaningful from-the-heart feuds together in later years. If you're a main event wrestler in ANY American-traditional pro wrestling company, then you should be dreaming of having a feud as good as Rock and Austin. Those guys tore the roof off of the place every Wrestlemania. Almost ten years after their final bout, I still consistently go back and re-watch their greatest moments, because their greatest moments aren't just the greatest moments of their rivalry, but are also some of the greatest moments in wrestling history.

If I need to give any reason why I choose this feud; it is simply great because I don't even need to explain why. This feud is immortal. Austin/Rock is the feud that was as perfect as a feud can get, and you're not a true pro-wrestling fan unless you can respect the epic battles between Rock and Austin.

rock and austin easily. there have been a lot of of great feuds but those 2 guys chemistry on the mic together and in the ring was amazing. they should of gotten oscars haha. like everyone else said to, going into wm 17, the popularity of both guys was unbelievable. loved that they were both faces to even though austin got a huge pop from the texas crowd

Rock and Austin. Two of the biggest names in the history of the business, in their prime, at three WrestleMania's. It doesn't get any better than that.

And just to add one to the original list that people might not think about, Bret Hart and Yokozuna. Obviously the matches weren't 5 Start classics, but I thought the feud was great.

Everyone is saying The Rock v.s Stone Cold and that's absolutely acceptable. But I didn't start watching wrestling till 2002 so didn't experience the build in a week by week way I do nowadays, so therefore it wouldn't be right for me to name that as my favourite WrestleMania feud.

My favourite WrestleMania feud looking back was Shawn Michaels v.s Undertaker. These two are probably the two most famous figures in WrestleMania history. One is nicknamed Mr WrestleMania and the other is undefeated at WrestleMania. When it was announced that the two would face each other one on one at WrestleMania, I en-liken it to one of those "dream matches" you fantasise about. Shawn's my favourite of all time, and the build the 25 was done so well, I actually thought Shawn had a real shot at beating Taker, from a storyline stand-point. The match they had was absolutely incredible, legitimately my favourite match of all time. That chapter closed for 8 or 9 months, until Shawn laid down the challenge to go to WrestleMania again. Undertaker declined the offer, but Shawn cost Taker the title, giving him no choice. Now, add in the stipulation that if Shawn lost, his career would end, and the following weeks were absolutely fascinating to see who, in terms of the storyline, would have the momentum going into the match. And whilst their match at 26 was not as good as the previous year, it was still match of the year quality. I maybe a complete HBK mark, but for the time these two were feuding, heading into WrestleMania, I was at my most compelled as a wrestling fan.

Every sport has a defining rivalry. In the NBA, they have Celtics-Lakers. In boxing, they have Ali-Frazier. In wrestling, we have Rock-Austin. Those two guys headlined WM 3 times...3 FREAKING TIMES!! That pretty much sums it all.

Cool thread, Ill have to agree with everyone and go Austin/Rock. But I dont think its such a definitive answer as everyone else does. Hogan/Andre and Taker/HBK arent too far behind. I think WMX7 really put that feud into the #1 position, really couldnt see either of those guys going down, what an EPIC match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back