• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your favourite Rumble match?

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It seems as though every single person has a different favourite. For me, it is the 2001 Rumble match. Everything was orchestrated perfectly in it. It started off with some really hilarious moments with Drew Carey and The Honky Tonk Man before it started to get serious with hardcore aspects and the eventual win of Stone Cold Steve Austin.

I honestly think that it was easily the best Rumble match ever and was the genesis for so many moments to talk about. Whether it was the first step on the road to Austin vs Rock at X-7, or Kane taking out the most people in any one Rumble match.

It was, for lack of a better phrase, perfect!

So, what is yours?

2007. it was great to see 'Taker win the Rumble for the first (and probably only) tme of his career, watching the Deadman go up against HBK at the end was epic, didn't expect either to be the final two.

1992 for me, and no other Rumble even comes close. You had Hulk Hogan, The Bulldog, The Million Dollar Man, Ric Flair, HBK, Sid, Slaughter, Randy Savage, The Undertaker, Jake Roberts, Piper, etc. This has to be the most star-studded Rumble ever, and the WWF championship was on the line. Flair put on the best Rumble performance you will ever see, and the only person who has come close to that was Austin in 1997. Far and away the most entertaining Rumble match in history.

92 was tremendous. I also really liked 95 because of the history behind HBK going from 1 to the end, the finish was great, and it helped that Michaels was one of my favorite wrestlers. 2002 is somewhat underrated as well. It was great seeing guys like Goldust, Godfather, Val Venis, and especially Mr Perfect come back.

1992 by a mile. I almost cry watching the "tear in my eye promo.

2nd would be 2004 when Chris BenoitHardcore Holly won.

My top three would be 1992, 2001 and 2010 but I also love the 2004 and 2000 Rumble match.

Wonder why 1997 is getting no love? That's my favorite followed by 2001 and 2007.

1992 gets a bit overrated in my opinion due to the title being on the line.

2003. It's the only Rumble ever to feature the following piece of high art:

[youtube]ozv7hojfKTQ[/youtube]

I forgot to add that 1997 was special because of Austin's antics. He was at his most awesome in 1997.

Also loved the way Jerry Lawler was eliminated. His name gets announced and leaves by saying "It takes a King...". He then enters the Rumble gets punched by Bret and comes back to complete his sentence "....to know a King." All through the match he keeps talking how he should have been in the match. That was hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back