Your favorite wrestling match of all time?

CCS

Getting Noticed By Management
Not the greatest match of all time. Just your personal favorite. It doesnt have to be a technical masterpiece or nothing, it just has to be your favorite. It'd be nice if you say why it's your favorite also. I'm not going to post mine yet. I want to go back and watch all that's in consideration for me before I have to choose. Here's the ones in consideration for me.

Randy Orton vs Triple H Last Man Standing match at No Mercy 2007

Randy Orton vs Mick Foley Hardcore match from Backlash 2004

John Cena vs Triple H from Night of Champions 2008

John Cena vs Batista from SummerSlam 2008

Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker from Wrestlemania 25

Notice the lack of matches pre-2005. That's because I really got heavily interested in the WWE around No Way Out 2005. So after then is the matches that really stick out in my mind.

Mines is without a doubt Triple H vs Mick Foley in the Hell in the Cell match at no Way Out, year something or other.

Gosh, it changes so easily from day to day.

Bret Hart against the likes of Perfect, Austin, Taker, and Diesel are some of my favorites. Endlessly watchable to me.

Recently, I've had a big hard one for Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H from Raw at the end of 2003 (an extra on Shawn's last DVD release). Way better than all of their PPV and gimmick matches. Sometimes they just get it best on the nights where it doesn't really count. Ya know?

Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Toshiaki Kawada, 3 June 1994. Not only my personal favorite, but one that many argue is the greatest match ever. I can't really say anything about this match that hasn't already been said. There is plenty of e-literature on this match that already exists.

i will have to say Kurt Angle vs Shawn Michales this match was part of the huge success of WM21 not only did they steal the show but they would go on to have a 3 matches together in all. Angle winning the best one at Mania. then Shawn won at Vengence 2005 and they had a rubber iron man match on raw of homecoming USA. ended in a tie but still one of the best ever and my favorite. a close secnd would be Cena vs HBK from London last year and WM23.

i will have to say Kurt Angle vs Shawn Michales this match was part of the huge success of WM21 not only did they steal the show but they would go on to have a 3 matches together in all. Angle winning the best one at Mania. then Shawn won at Vengence 2005 and they had a rubber iron man match on raw of homecoming USA. ended in a tie but still one of the best ever and my favorite.
They actually wrestled a fourth time on Raw at the begining of 2006 after Angle already won the world title.

They're all overrated though, with WM21 being the most overrated. Probably a result of who was in the matches. The fact that "OMG it's Michaels and Angles!! So technical!! So psychological!!" is why people love it so. They decided going in. According to the marks of each man, they're the greatest thing to ever happen to wrestling, so this couldn't suck... right?

At least there's more merit to such praise for Michaels. Angle ain't shit and never has been. The last great trick of kayfabe was making us think he's some great technical God.

RVD Vs Jerry Lynn @ Hardcore Heaven 1999 for the ECW World Television Title.

30 minutes of pure Epicness.

If anyone is interested I can post it.

tough

Orton vs Foley from Backlash 2004 is tempting
Angle vs Benoit from Royal Rumble 2003 is tempting
Any of the Hardyz vs E&C vs Dudleyz is tempting (and pains me not to choose)
Mick Foley vs Undertaker Hell In A Cell is tempting
Stone Cold vs The Rock WM 19 is tempting

My favorite, since it's favorite, as corny as it may sound

Undertaker vs Kane Inferno match

I wouldn't be watching wrestling if I never watched that. Amazed every last fiber of my 7 year old mind.

RVD Vs Jerry Lynn @ Heatwave 1999 for the ECW World Television Title.

30 minutes of pure Epicness.

RVD and Jerry Lynn never had a match against one another at Heat Wave. Their 30 minute match was at Hardcore Heaven.

Anyway top 10 in no particular order:

Chris Benoit vs. Kurt Angle: The Royal Rumble 2003
Yoshihiro Tajiri vs. Psicosis: ECW TV 8/19/00
Homicide vs. Bryan Danielson: Final Battle 2006
Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn: Living Dangerously 1999 (better than the Hardcore Heaven match, IMO)
Raven vs. Tommy Dreamer: Wrestlepalooza 1997
CM Punk vs. Samoa Joe 3: All Star Extravaganza
A.J. Styles vs. Samoa Joe: Sacrifice 2005
Shawn Michaels vs. Diesel: In Your House VII
John Cena vs. Rob Van Dam: One Night Stand 2006
The Briscoe Brothers vs. The Second City Saints: Reborn Again

Hmm, at the moment it is probably Warrior vs Savage at Summerslam.

I dont know why really, I suppose it is because I was transfixed to the screen while it was on, doesnt happen often.

I have a few favorites in no particular order:

• Team WWF (The Rock, Chris Jericho, The Undertaker, Kane and the Big Show) vs. Team WCW / ECW Alliance (Stone Cold Steve Austin, Kurt Angle, Booker T., Rob Van Dam, Shane McMahon) – Classic Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team, “Winner Take All” Match – Survivor Series 2001.
The Main Event for this Pay Per View, though could had a better Team member selection and less predictable beginning and ending, was pretty exciting. I think what sold me was the concept / drama behind the match.

• Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Kurt Angle – WWF Title – Vengeance 2001.
• The Rock vs. Chris Jericho – WCW Title – Vengeance 2001.
• Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Chris Jericho – WWF / WCW World Title Unification Match – Vengeance 2001.
This Pay Per View, to me, was as close to the Ultimate Mark out WWF Champion vs. WCW Champion Dream match(s) as it was going to ever get. Granted it wasn’t Hulk Hogan vs. Rowdy Roddy Piper and Sting vs. Ric Flair in the first / semi-Final round, but it still was a match for a spot in the Champion of Champions match. Granted it wasn’t Hulk Hogan vs. Ric Flair for the Unified WWF and WCW Titles, but drama was definitely there. To think, Triple H was supposed to be in Jericho’s spot.

• Hulk Hogan vs. Mr. McMahon – Grudge Match…to say the least – WrestleMania XIX.
I can start a new thread about my favorite Pay Per View of all time was, so we’ll leave out the hype of the rest of the card for the time being. One match, out of, in my mind, the Granddaddy of the Granddaddies of them all, would be the “Real HHH”, Hollywood Hulk Hogan vs. the “Higher Power”, Mr. McMahon. Everything from the beginning to the end was just greatness. This isn’t just a match between two rivals. This isn’t just a feud that started at the Royal Rumble and ended at WrestleMania. This isn’t just a battle. This is a war between Wrestling’s “Godfather” vs. Wrestling’s “Godson”. “20 years in the making” is what it was billed as, but it goes a lot deeper than that. Okay, I just marked out for my own post. Moving on…

• Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe – TNA World, IWGP Third Belt, TNA X-Division, TNA Tag Team Title Unification Match – Hard Justice 2007.
Title vs. Title matches are great to begin with, but when every single Title in one company is on the line, it makes it 4 times more special. The ending might have not been the way I would have gone about it, but what can you do?? Kurt Angle is fitting to be the first TNA (maybe ever) Champion of Champions.

I’ll have more in a few. I’ll just edit (add it) to this post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back