• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your Favorite Incarnation. . . of Sean Waltman!

Rockyfolifebo!!!

Pre-Show Stalwart
As of late, I've done the "Your favorite incarnation" series. Tonight, I chose Sean Waltman! He's one of my personal favorites, and I always thought he was so energetic and fun to watch. He's had many gimmicks. He's been The 1-2-3 Kid in his early WWF run. In WCW when he was with nWo, he was known as Syxx because he was the sixth member of the nWo. Then in WWF, you have his DX run as X-pac. Then you have his X-Factor run with Albert and Credible. Plus, you have the X-Pac with nWo.

My favorite is X-pac with DX! He had the most memorable feuds. From teaming and feuding with Kane, to mocking The Nation with DX, he and his crew brought so much fun and excitement to the Attitude Era. Oh, I also forgot when they "invaded" dub ya see dub ya! lol

Your Turn

The tori/kane angle severed his link to the fans too much.

Heel or face he could never reconnect.

(on topic) I like the dx version, late 98-mid 99 pac had a fantastic run, even a world title match on british ppv.

Syxx is too bland to me of a name and reason for name. It wasnt as cool as X-Pac

1-2-3 Kid was his 2nd best and he had great bouts under that, some of his best matches were under this name.

X-Pac was most entertaining and the perfect character for him as DX's ultimate hype man and that energy he brung to D-Generation X was just unmatched!

X-Pac's Bronco Buster, his jumping crotch chops, his aura in the ring was so likeable

I loved X-pac. The heat he got from the crowd was crazy and his theme music is pretty much DX's.

Everytime I hear Dx's theme song I think X=pac :D And personally, i think he did the "Suck it" taunt the best!

My favorite Sean Waltman Incarnation.....

Wow I would always remember 1-2-3 kid. always like him and his style. He was WWF leading high flyer back during 1993-1996. And liked the ring attire. And was a very promising superstar. And the name 1-2-3 kid, was really one of the best suited wrestling names to date cause you got to pin your opponet 1-2-3 to get the victory. And look after 1-2-3, Im the NewChamp. lol. Just a joke. haha.

But my favorite incarnation was of course X-Pac. DX that is. Just because he was 1-2-3 kid but with a new name. And he improved in the ring dramatically, and although it was corny Im glad he went from that moonsault finisher to the X-Factor.

The day after Wrestlemania 14 was one of Sean Waltman's finest. He didn't have a match, but he was introduced by Triple H as the newest member of the reformed DX after defecting from WCW. He originally followed Kevin Nash and Scott Hall to the WCW (and likewise to the nWo as Syxx), and upon being told that he couldn't "cut the mustard" by Eric Bischoff, he decided to rejoin the WWE. The new incarnation of DX was probably the most popular as the Attitude Era was seriously picking up steam. Over the next few years he captured multiple titles (European, Tag, Light Heavyweight) and had plenty of memorable feuds. His X-Pac character is easily his most succesful...and that is definitely helped by the fact that it coincided with the Attitude Era.

My favorite incarnation has to be Syxx-Pac.. nothing beats the original Wolfpac, with Hall, Nash and Syxx.. they were so great together.. the way Syxx would do his jumping crotch chop was hilarious.. his finishing move was great, The Buzzkiller aka Crossface Chickenwing.. I was disappointed when he came back to WWF and quit using the Chickenwing.. even though the X-Factor was cool too.. and the name was just cooler than X-Pac... it's just a shame he didn't last long in WCW as part of the nWo..

and if he really was the 6th member of the nWo, that just makes his name even cooler.. always liked how they added 1-2-3 Kid's name together to create the Syxx name :)

when the WWE brought back the nWo, and he rejoined them, i was hoping they would have had him drop the X-pac name and go back to Syxx-Pac.. or they could have had DX vs nWo at the time, and have HHH and HBK calling him X-Pac wanting him to join their side, then have Hall and Nash calling him Syxx wanting him to join their side.. it could have been fun :)

Definitely the FACE X-Pac. When D-X had initially split and it was Road Dogg, Kane and X-Pac. Great times. I really enjoyed how they transitioned Kane from a monster to a "human". In my honest opinion only somebody like X-pac could make that believable. X-Pac heat is such b*llsh*t. I hated how a guy that has done so much and had so much life in WWF could be BOOED during the invasion angle. So my feeling is the Face X-Pac as I stated was the the best and my personal favorite.

i never even got the name X Pac, was he like supposed to be a distant relative of 2 Pac or SuChin Pak? And when hes called Syxx-Pac is that said as pock or pack?

Eitherway his run with X Factor and that mean stuff he done to Kane with Tori ruined X Pac for me. It had its ups and its down as a character but that time period with X factor lead to that "X Pac" heat which i read about on wikipedia.. I dont partake in it because I would love to see him return next week to side with HHH or Nash (he was mentioned by name for no reason, hes coming back..) but at the same time i get why there is "X Pac heat" and remember when it started.

I am NWO 4 LIFE but he was to the early NWO what Rick Rude was to DX or Stuart Sutcliffe was to the Beatles. He never really established himself in WCW.

1-2-3 Kid to me was a flawless character I loved from the early '90s. He had great matches against Razor Ramón and others. He was youthful, his head wasn't in the gutter, he had promise, he was in his prime.

I liked him best as 1-2-3 Kid. He was depicted as a scrappy underdog, just looking for the chance to make a name for himself. That business with the upset of Razor Ramon was one of the damndest things I've ever seen, so different from what he expected of pro wrestling that it took a comparatively insignificant event and turned it into something major.

Waltman's later characters seemed to feature the same sense of importance he apparently developed in real life. Instead of being the eager overachiever he was as 1-2-3, he saw himself as a star, with all the required feelings of dissatisfaction about his standing in the company.

Many performers improve their character as they gain experience; Sean Waltman seemed to move in the opposite direction. I liked him best at the beginning.

To me any Sean Waltman is a good Sean Waltman. Personally for me it was X-Pac, one of my favorite WWF memories was the night after WM when Shawn lost the belt to SCSA and HHH took over DX and brought X-Pac in. Of course who can forgot the New Age Outlaws joining at the end of the show. Please Vince bring back X-Pac.

I think I'm going to have to take this back to the late 80s and early 90s. My favorite incarnation of Sean Waltman was as The Lightning Kid in the Global Wrestling Federation. He wasn't really known back then but used to stun me with his aerial arrays back when aerial arrays were still diving dropkicks, over the top planchas and a sick moonsault to the floor.

My favorite memory of him was an epic fail on his part. GWF had a rotating ring during promos and whatnot and during a promo with Tennessee Lee (I think), Lightning Kid ran down to save someone and attempted his moonsault to the floor... while the ring was rotating. Waltman almost crushed his sternum on the barricade.

I’ll go with 123 Kid circa 1995. By this time he had already been in the WWF for two years and while he could still play the role of the underdog he had earned some respect and had to be taken seriously. I found Syxx and X Pac to be pretty obnoxious. I liked Kid best when he would just shut up and wrestle.

My favorite Sean Waltman incarnation was when he was the 1-2-3 Kid because in my opinion that was the only character of his that I found tolerable. I never liked the guy after that. When he was the 1-2-3 Kid he played the underdog role well and had a few decent matches. However when he was Syxx he became incredibly annoying and I won't even start on how much I disliked X-Pac. There's a reason that the term "X-Pac heat" is called "X-Pac heat". It's due to Waltman being one of the most frustrating wrestlers we as fans have ever had to deal with and do not want him on our television.

I loved his run as X-Pac when he initially arrived back in the WWE when Triple H announced his as the new member, after taking charge from HBK.

"You look to your buddies, you look to your blood, you look to .....the kliq!"

X-Pac cut an great debut promo bashing WCW, Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan, and he was on fire for a long while in the WWE. I always rated Pac in the ring, he had a unique style with great kicks and he was always entertaining. I never really understood why the fans turned on him, and now the term "X-Pac heat" is used when the fans are booing you because you suck.

It was a shame he had his personal issues as I would have been happy to have seen Waltman back in the WWE at some point. He was not one of the best talents on the card, and probably achieved more than he should have due to his friendships with influential guys like Michaels and Tripl H, but he was a decent in-ring competitor, can cut a good promo and was part of 2 of the most influential factions in wrestling history in the nWo and D-Generation X.

I've always had a [small] soft spot for Sean Waltman. I could always relate to the 1-2-3 Kid [when I was a kid] because he was the little guy that consistently upset big opponents. I related to him because I was the little guy and he made it possible for me to follow my dream of becoming a pro wrestler. I was about 9-10 when he turned heel and joined up with Ted DiBiase's Million Dollar Corporation and I stopped really enjoying his character. When he showed up in WCW as part of the original nWo invasion he rekindled my interest, of course they could've brought in Bob Holly and I would've probably been interested just because it was a "WWF" guy that was invading. Waltman was a perfect fit obviously for the original Wolfpac. I'd have to say that this was probably my favorite incarnation of Waltman. It was the beginning of his "this is really me" evolution of his character and I always liked the Kliq/nWo/Wolfpac whatever you want to call it. I always thought some of his better matches were in WCW, being that most of them were for the Cruiserweight title when the Cruiserweight title was hot. Then he got injured and Bischoff fired him and of course that carried over into the DX Army, which was pretty cool for a while, but then his character sort of just plateaued and I lost interest.

I have been a fan of Waltman since he first had that "upset" over Razor Ramon on Raw in 1993 as the Kid. I remember his match with Bret Hart for the World Title. That was a classic. I enjoyed his time in WCW as Syxx as part of the nWo. It was always a good time to see him with Hall & Nash as the original Wolfpac. I felt like they could have done more with him in WCW if they hadn't released him. My favorite Waltman era was definitely when he returned to WWF the night after WM 14 and that first run with DX.

The day after Wrestlemania 14 was one of Sean Waltman's finest. He didn't have a match, but he was introduced by Triple H as the newest member of the reformed DX after defecting from WCW. He originally followed Kevin Nash and Scott Hall to the WCW (and likewise to the nWo as Syxx), and upon being told that he couldn't "cut the mustard" by Eric Bischoff, he decided to rejoin the WWE. The new incarnation of DX was probably the most popular as the Attitude Era was seriously picking up steam. Over the next few years he captured multiple titles (European, Tag, Light Heavyweight) and had plenty of memorable feuds. His X-Pac character is easily his most succesful...and that is definitely helped by the fact that it coincided with the Attitude Era.

My thoughts exactly, the night after mania 14 when HHH announced him as the newest member i jumped out of my seat. Was just a very exciting time as the new dx was taking shape. His most memorable feuds were as xpac and was just the most entertaining for me.

That's a hard one to pick, it's either Syxx or X-Pac for me. I loved Syxx's involvement with the NWO and enjoyed seeing him be backed by Nash in his matches or vice versa. But when it comes to the actual character I think I lean towards X-Pac because when he was DX it made him just a little bit cooler than he was before, I loved that when he joined he bled black and green. Also his teaming with Kane was one of my favorite times for him, he'd go up against monstrous teams like Show and Taker and he'd get his ass kicked until he tagged in Kane. He was never a superstar I loved or looked up to but I always found him entertaining and I think he did it best as X-Pac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back