• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your Favorite Feel Good Moment

Poop Master Flex

Mid-Card Championship Winner
There are many moments in the Wrestling business that just make you feel good to be the wrestling fan. It can be a great promo, match or heel/face turn that happened, ect. From watching wrestling my whole life there were many different moments that just gave you that good feeling in your stomach where you are proud and happy to be a wrestling fan.

Although there were a lot of moments like that for me (for example watching Benoit and Angle tear down the house at RR 03) there are 2 that stand out.

1) Mick Foley finally becoming WWF Champion. I was always a big fan of Foley even back in his Cactus Jack days. He didn't have a lot of skill or athleticism, but what he did with the tools he was given was astonishing. What he lacked for in skill he made up for in heart, promo skills and ring psychology. When he won the title from the Rock I marked out, I remember WWE advertising the win almost a week before it was shown on WWF.com and it made me want to watch RAW that week just so I could see Foley do it. I was extremely happy that a guy who had given so much to the business finally get the favor returned. In my mind there were few in history that were more deserving to win the title than Foley, he has nearly killed himself for the business and it was just great to see him win the big one.

2) The return of Hulkamania. Out of all the matches I've ever seen I don't think I ever looked more forward to a match than Rock vs. Hogan. Seeing to immortal icons face off was a dream come true. One of the memories that really made it stand out was I remember RAW magazine had a column in each magazine that had a dream matchup and the first one they ever published was Rock vs. Hogan. Almost a year later the dream became a reality and I finally got to see this match. Every move in the match made me react and I thought it was a great match all around and a learning tool for all wrestlers to see how to work a crowd. I especially loved the part where the Rock hit the Rock Bottom and Hogan kicks out and starts "Hulking Up" I never flipped out more for a wrestling moment in my life. After the Rock won and I thought that was it the most amazing thing happened, Hogan shook the Rocks hand, got beat down by Hall and Nash, Rock saved Hogan and a personal dream of mine came true, I saw Hogan turn face, do the classic Hogan pose after not seeing it for 6-7 years and become the Hulk I loved growing up. It was just a great feeling all around and I probably had a smile on my face for a week after seeing that. Out of all the great moments in wrestling, that was my all time favorite moment.

How about everyone else, what are some of the feel good moments you remember that made you happy to be a wrestling fan. All responses welcome!

Edge and Hulk Hogan winning the tag team titles together.

Edge has been my favorite wrestler since his first face turn, and to see him win the tag titles with his child hood idle would be the equivalent of me winning the gold with him.

It just made me real happy to see.

I personally loved when they announced Jim Ross into the WWE Hall of Fame. I know many people have different opinions on the Hall of Fames legitimacy, but JR truly believes it is the single greatest honour there is, and when he was announced, with the likes of HBK, HHH, Austin, The Rock, Mick Foley, Ric Flair, Vince McMahon, Dusty Rhodes, JBL all saying incredible things about him, and then the fans chanting his name and giving a standing ovation for about 2 minutes afterwards while he cried was unbelievable to watch.

Another moment, was when Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero celebrated at the end of WrestleMania 20 with both heavyweight titles, as if their careers had finally culminated to that moment, with both crying in the ring was phenominal also.

So many great moments, but I loved these two moments the best.

Another moment, was when Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero celebrated at the end of WrestleMania 20 with both heavyweight titles, as if their careers had finally culminated to that moment, with both crying in the ring was phenominal also.

Gonna have to agree with this, that was my favorite moment in wrestlemania, that and when bret hart hugged HBK was good for a personal good moment...but i think Benoit and Eddie finally reaching the peak (benoits title reign in wcw was pretty weak considering he left) so it was a great moment for two of the best in the business.

There are two moments that are huge for me. The first was at wrestlemania 18 when Hulk Hogan got the tribute he so rightfully deserved from the Toronto fans. It was so great to have a return to the heyday of hulkamania, even as a heel. After the match was over Hulk got the opportunity to put on a show after the match was over. I loved seeing Hogan and The Rock in the ring together and the look on The Rock's face. He was a kid again standing in the ring with one of his childhood heroes, as he was for so many of us.

The second moment took place on January 4, 2010 with the return of Bret The Hitman Hart. It had been so long his anyone had seen him. It was such a thrill to see one of my favorites of all time back where he belonged.

What made it all the greater was the burying of the hatchet between Bret and Shawn Michaels. I have disliked HBK since Montreal. That moment allowed me to put aside some of my resentment for Michaels. I didn't want that Raw to end because I didn't know if I would ever see the hitman again. It was amazing.

Me it was the time the original NWO appeared on the No Way Out PPV. It was the first time in years that all 3 of them had been on WWE TV (especially Hogan). My other feel good moment was when Mr. Anderson won the TNA world Title from Jeff Hardy. Thats because when he was in WWE, he was beating world champions left and ring and then got fired because of some Bullshit Orton pulled, and in TNA he was/still proving all his doubters wrong.

WrestleMania 7, The Macho Man loses a epic retirement match to the Ultimate Warrior. Withered and defeated, Savage is brutally attacked by his manager Sensational Sherri, who is livid and angry that The Macho Man lost.

The Macho Man had thrown everything in his life away, for 2 years he was consumed with bitterness, in search of glory. And at that moment he was left crumbled and defeated, everything taken away from him. Sherri kicked and clawed at what was a broken man.... until... until Miss Elizabeth ran from the audience to the ring!

The sole light in the life of The Macho Man, a women who he had protected for countless year, until he heartlessly turned his back on her. Liz could not stand for what Sherri was doing.

She grabbed Sherri and threw her out of the ring. The ruthless and cold Macho Man looked up with complete and total shock. There was no comprehension for what he was seeing. Liz has saved him. Him! A person who for years had treated her so badly. So selfishly. He struggled to figure it out. How could she have saved him?? Then he realized why. She loved him. And at that moment he knew he loved her.

It the single most feel good moment in wrestling history, they hugged. She cried, the audience cried. And the music of the Macho Man played. And in a final moment of kindness, he did what she was made to do for 5 years, he held the ropes open for her!

Without a doubt Taker v HBK WM 25. What more can you say about this match that hasnt already been said by others. With every big spot, finisher, pinfall and kickouts the more i felt proud of being a fan of WWE. Like JR said at the end of the match "as a wrestling fan, what more could you ask for?" and i couldn't agree more with him. A very proud moment for me after watching this awesome match take place. I was actually stood up and clapped for Taker and HBK in my living room in appreciation for what they did for us wrestling fans.

Eddie Guerrero winning the WWE Championship.

I know there are heaps of feel good moments but this one really sticks out for me as whenever you win your first WWE Championship, it's always going to be a special moment but Eddie was never the biggest guy and putting him next to Brock Lesnar didn't look like much of a threat. He'd been all over the world working, Japan, Mexico, ECW, WCW and WWE and finally, finally got to the very, very top of the professional wrestling mountain. The crowd went crazy, everyone jumping up and down screaming and Eddie up the top of the ramp at the entrance, holding the title up on his knees.

Granted, it took a Goldberg interferance, but still. Awesome night for him and definately a great feel good moment.

My personal favorite feel good moment has to go to Jeff Hardy's first title win at Armageddon 2008. This guy was getting huge pops in 2001 so by 2008 everyone was just smokin waiting to finally blow the roof off an arena when Jeff won his title. So many times before he tried and failed but finally, just finally, Jeff Hardy becomes WWE Champion after the Swanton Bomb. I was so happy for him, and the crowd couldn't stop cheering for him

Holy crap there have been many great moments.

The first thing that comes to my mind is Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26. I was up on my feet jumping and jogging and sweating my butt off.

Kane vs. Shane McMahon in an Ambulance match just made me feel awesome afterwards. It has to be one of my all time favorite matches.

Some of CM Punk's straight edge promos really got me pumped and it seemed so real. I really enjoyed Punk's work as a straight edge Savior.

There are so many other moments and matches but It is hard to reflect on all of these things.

Too many feel good moments to list, but the first that came to mind was Bret returning Jan 4th, 2010 return, putting Vince the Sharpshooter and winning the US title from The Miz, if I never watched wrestling again I'd seen everything I wanted to. Bret return, and leave of his own accord and getting a US title win was a cherry on top.

ECW - One night stand 2005; I remember being VERY amped up for that show erm, WrestleMania 20 that was a weird show I was so into the show.

I have two moments that I instantly thought of as my feel good moment. The first one was when Elizabeth rushed to the ring after the Wrestlemania 7 loss and Sherri berating Savage, and the reunion hug and celebration that ensued.

The second moment was similar to what was mentioned with Wrestlemania 18 with the Rock/Hogan match, but it was actually the night AFTER Wrestlemania, on RAW the next night, when the crowd gave Hogan that epic 10 minute standing ovation even though Hogan was still wearing the nWo gear. That ovation precipitated the face turn for Hogan going back to the Red and Yellow, and was named the #1 contender to face HHH at Backlash.

I guess everyone forgets WCW. For me I marked out Big time at the end of Uncensored 97 when Sting came down from the rafters and Finally after many months showed his alegiance was with WCW. Taking out each member of the NWO one by one and then the final scorpion deathdrop on Hogan just sealed it. Truly a defining moment of the WCW 96-98 dominance

For me it was seeing Shane McMahon standing in a WCW ring. It was symbolic in a way that meant Vince, Shane and the entire McMahon family had finally beat Ted Turner and Eric Bischoff and WCW and became the top wrestling company.

And to this day that has become un-paralleled

The most cathartic moments I can remember from viewing WWE are definitely Hogan v Rock at WM and Undertaker v HBK at WM. I don't have a lot of moments like that because for one my memory is bad when it comes to having been a kid in the 90s and for two I didn't have cable consistently. So this is what I came up with. However I wouldn't play them down because I'm confident they're some of the most emotional moments in the history of the industry.

Eddie Guerrero winning the WWE Championship.

I know there are heaps of feel good moments but this one really sticks out for me as whenever you win your first WWE Championship, it's always going to be a special moment but Eddie was never the biggest guy and putting him next to Brock Lesnar didn't look like much of a threat. He'd been all over the world working, Japan, Mexico, ECW, WCW and WWE and finally, finally got to the very, very top of the professional wrestling mountain. The crowd went crazy, everyone jumping up and down screaming and Eddie up the top of the ramp at the entrance, holding the title up on his knees.

Granted, it took a Goldberg interferance, but still. Awesome night for him and definately a great feel good moment.

wow I can't believe i forgot to consider this moment! And i was there for it too haha... ok THIS would be my all time favorite moment since it happened here in CA with a red hot crowd for Eddie... it was against Brock Lesnar of all ppl and the match had goldberg in it... HUGE match and a HUGE moment for Eddie and just wrestling in general.

The moment i was originally going to pick and maybe the reason i overlooked eddie's win because I was JUST reminded of this moment even though I did enjoy it for the longest time was Jeff Hardy vs Taker where Taker beat the hell out of Jeff and Jeff kept taking it and at the end he lifted Jeff's arm since Jeff had earned his respect. Probably one of the most inspirational things I've ever seen in wrestling and sports in general for that matter. I loved that moment as far as a storyline was concerned and yea as far as real life is concerned Eddie winning at No Way Out!

I guess everyone forgets WCW. For me I marked out Big time at the end of Uncensored 97 when Sting came down from the rafters and Finally after many months showed his alegiance was with WCW. Taking out each member of the NWO one by one and then the final scorpion deathdrop on Hogan just sealed it. Truly a defining moment of the WCW 96-98 dominance

Good ones! One of the first things I thought of before replying to this thread was when Sting faked Hogan and the Giant out by wearing the black & white and then ripped it off to show he'd joined the Wolfpac. I didn't go there just because I wasn't sure it fit my definition of a "feel good moment."

Mine was when Rey Mysterio beat Eddie Guerrero in the ladder match at SummerSlam to regain custody of Dominick. Great storyline, couldn't have been done with anyone else. And Vicki pushing Eddie off the ladder was the best part!

It was such a great feel-good moment. It was really the only storyline I cared about at that time besides Hardy/Edge.

I read through many of the replies and I cant help but get teary eyed, fondly remembering each moment. Damn this thread for making me feel like a big baby. ITS REAL TO ME, DAMMIT!

When i think about my "favorite feel good moments" there are moments that come to mind and those are when chris beniot and eddie guerrero won their first ever wwe world titles for their respective brands. I remember eddie's celebration on smackdown that thursday, him coming through the crowd with a huge smile going from one ear to the other. And theres benoit's wrestlemania 20 victory after such a phenomonal match with hhh and hbk. The moment hhh began to tap out to the crippler crosface i jumped up with joy and "marked out" 1.) because i was 7 which meant i hated hhh, and 2.) because i was happy for benoit!

Mine would have to be when Benoit won the World title at Wrestlemania 20. Then Eddie Guerrero Came out with the WWE title to celebrate together. It was a great moment to see two close friends that have traveled all over the world together trying to make it big. Finally they both were world champions, it was one of the greatest wrestling moments ever. Unfortunately it seems a little tainted now, and will never be shown again.
I don't blame WWE for not showing Benoit matches, but it did happen and it was great at the time.

Undertaker breaking character after Raw on the night that Ric Flair got his farewell, to give him his salute. That was some moment - those who saw it know its value. Too bad Flair ruined it by going to TNA and wrestling again.

So the best moment right now would be Undertaker helping Shawn Michaels up after defeating and retiring him at Mania 26, and then offering him a hand-shake plus Shawn hugging him in return.

I'm gonna go with one that I don't think anyone will say even if I get bashed for it

Johnny Curtis winning NXT5 the way he celebrated and how much the crowd was into was just amazing hopefully his star shines bright in the wwe he has the look and with a bit more training can be a big player in the upcoming future.

But that's just my two sence:)

Mick foley winning the wwe belt for the first time with help from austin that was sucha epic moment when stone cold came out and gave the rock a chair shot and dx was out there helping mick foley wicked moment feel good moment n wcw tried to ruin that moment but it backfired and raw ended up getting a 5.8 rating that day loll

also when eddie became champion at No way out, he got help from goldberg and he cheated as well sucha great moment after the match..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back