• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your Definition of a Good Poster

Rusty

Is hanging up the boots
What is your definition of a good poster? It has occurred to me that everyone likes different posters, but I don't names to be listed in here.

I want to know what exact qualities a specific poster needs in order to become a good poster, in your opinion only.

Me.

EDIT: Sorry, I know it sounds cocky. But seriously. I like reading people who actually put effort into what they write about. (ie. People like Me.)

Me.

EDIT: Sorry, I know it sounds cocky. But seriously. I like reading people who actually put effort into what they write about. (ie. People like Me.)

Meh. It's a bit try hard. You should only put in the effort if that's what you enjoy. You shouldn't be doing it in the hope that people respect you because of how much effort you put in.

But I would say that, I'm a lazy poster.

Meh. It's a bit try hard. You should only put in the effort if that's what you enjoy. You shouldn't be doing it in the hope that people respect you because of how much effort you put in.

But I would say that, I'm a lazy poster.

You made me. I've said this before.

And I don't want people to be "forced" into posting the way I do. I wouldn't do it if I didn't enjoy it. I wouldn't even post in general, if I didn't enjoy it.

And there are some insanely large posts out there, that I have absolutely NO desire to read. Like ones without paragraph spacing, or an attempt at proper grammar.

And I like your lazy posting, so you're doing something right. But I enjoy NoFate's long posting as well, so he's holding my attention.

You made me. I've said this before.

And I don't want people to be "forced" into posting the way I do. I wouldn't do it if I didn't enjoy it. I wouldn't even post in general, if I didn't enjoy it.

And there are some insanely large posts out there, that I have absolutely NO desire to read. Like ones without paragraph spacing, or an attempt at proper grammar.

And I like your lazy posting, so you're doing something right. But I enjoy NoFate's long posting as well, so he's holding my attention.

So in your opinion, grammar is also fairly important for a good poster?

I can agree with that.

In my opinion, being YOURSELF is important for trying to become a good poster. Because you can only live a lie so long.. then the real you comes out.

In my opinion, being YOURSELF is important for trying to become a good poster. Because you can only live a lie so long.. then the real you comes out.

Definately.

But if that's the case, wouldn't that mean 90% of the regular posters on Wrestlezone are "good posters"?

Definately.

But if that's the case, wouldn't that mean 90% of the regular posters on Wrestlezone are "good posters"?

You'd think that'd mean 100% of the members are good posters. But shockingly, no. Because it's very easy to lie over the internet, Rusty.

You'd think that'd mean 100% of the members are good posters. But shockingly, no. Because it's very easy to lie over the internet, Rusty.

Yep. I certainly agree with you.

That is why you're one of the best posters on the Forum right now. You know your stuff.

Proper grammar is probably number one for me. If their post looks like it is NorCal talking, I probably won't read it. A poster has to be willing to listen to other opinions. He doesn't have to change his, but what ruins a poster, for me, is when he doesn't give other posters the time of day. If there is a debate and one poster just refuses to listen to anything, then he isn't a very good poster.

People who put thought into it, humour is always good and research is key. I hate i when people assume something when on further research is proven to be a lie.

A good poster is always interesting. They support their opinions with examples and facts. I don't think it's necessary to thoroughly research a topic and present ridiculous facts; I like a poster that uses what they know instead of copying from Wikipedia all the time. A good poster doesn't have to resort to name calling and flaming to prove their point. Most importantly, a good poster uses punctuation and actual sentences.

On these forums I'd say:

1. Someone who writes in coherent English. They don't have to be grammatically perfect, just someones who makes sense, uses capitals at the start of sentences and breaks up their text with paragraphs.

2. Someone who really cares about wrestling. A no-brainier really.

3. And this is more specific to me I guess: someone who knows the old school stuff from say 1985 onwards, preferably WWF and NWA/ WCW but just WWF would be ok. I'm just sick of seeing threads that list Randy Orton as one of the greatest heels of all time and things like that. I'd like to hang out in an over 25s area just to filter all that stuff out. :p But yeah, good general wrestling knowledge is paramount. For example, someone who knows instantly that Dino Bravo wrestled Ronnie Garvin at Wrestlemania V is really the sort of fan I could talk to for a long time. :)

4. Ideally they'd be charismatic too.

That's it really. I don't think long posts are necessarily a sign of worth either.

As long as I can understand what you're saying, you're good to go. Now, as far as what it takes for me to like a poster, that's a different story. You either have to be funny/sociable, know about puroresu, know about dance music, or know about horror and foreign films.

Lazy posters, like myself. It's easier to read and they're usually straight to the point instead of writing massive articles.

Sorry Will.

Notice he said don't list people, notice how Luther doesn't actually post outside of here? you're right abput AJ though.

Don't cry about it Lee- Basically Luther embodies everything you need to be a good poster. In his time here he has gone beyond being just a poster so much so that the Oxford English Dictionary contacted IC25 to inform him that they are going to add the word "Lutheresque" to the dictionary..

Lutheresque (Adj) A Luther like post that is not like one of AJ's :p

Why would I cry about someone saying someone who is a shit poster is a good one?

It really comes down to having an intelligent, arguable opinion, and arguing it without looking like an idiot. Length is irrelevant - if you can make your point in one paragraph or you can make it in ten, just make it and make it arguable. Grammar is essential as well.

It really comes down to having an intelligent, arguable opinion, and arguing it without looking like an idiot. Length is irrelevant - if you can make your point in one paragraph or you can make it in ten, just make it and make it arguable. Grammar is essential as well.

You could have summed all that up by saying Lutheresque.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back