• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your Best Hunting Story

JWGunslinger

Warrior Forever
I honestly have no idea if there are even any hunters on here, but this is a good way to find out. If you are a hunter, or even if you just went once maybe with a friend or relative give us your best story. It could be a serious story about an epic hunt or it could be a funny story, whatever you wish.

I have many but the one that stands out the most is this one right here, I don't know many folks who can say this has happened to them as well. It was back when I was 14 and it was my second turkey hunt, we found a great spot in the woods of our friend's property and waited. After about 30 minutes a big old tom comes walking on over, when he's about twenty five yards out I take my shot with my dad's Remington 870 Pump and drop him with a clean shot to the head. We go over, pick him up and carry it back to the truck which was a good mile or so away, toss him in and head home.

We get home and I go to the back of the truck to grab it and the fucking turkey is standing up in the back of the truck. What must have happened was he was knocked out from one of the pellets because I carried this thing for a mile and it was dead as a doornail or so I thought. So I'm staring at this 28 lbs bird standing in the back of my dads truck and I ask him what we should do and if I should shoot it. He says you can't shoot it without hitting my truck, he hands me a shovel and pushes me into the truck and shuts the tailgate. Now I'm about 6'3 now but back then I was still a tall boy right around 6 feet, and im kneeling in the back of the truck that has about a 4 foot high cab and this goddamn bird looks a lot bigger when youre kneeling in front of it in a small space. I take a swing, I miss and hit the window and the turkey goes apeshit and starts flapping his wings and jumping on me. For those of you who don't know Turkeys have big spurrs(claws) sticking off their legs about where a person's ankles are and he scraped me up something fierce. So I try to get out but my dick of a father is holding it shut laughing and saying finish it off! I convince him to let me out after a 5 minute staredown with the damn thing and then right after I get out it falls over dead. That turkey was cursed or something because that shit was ridiculous.

So what do you guys have that can top that?

Man I certainly don't have any stories to top that, but I've been hunting since I was 12 and I'm sure I can think of something to come close. Anyway, this thread is awesome so I'm hoping more people post some stories. I'm gonna think about this today and see if I can come up with something worth posting. In Pennsylvania, Bear season is upon us and first day of Buck (rifle season) is always the Monday following Thanksgiving, so this is the perfect time for this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back