• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Yo.....I MISS Shawn Michaels

LBGetBack

Championship Contender
Like, everyone comes back you know? When Ric Flair retired, we knew he'd wrestle again. Maybe not in WWE, but still. He wrestled again, many times. We knew he'd be a TV regular again in WWE too. Everyone wrestles again. Everyone comes back for a TV run as a manager or a GM or a commentator, or.....something.

But Shawn Michaels? He's made some special appearances, but he's never been a regular again. He hasn't wrestled once. It's been 7 years. That's a long ass time. He probably doesn't even "still got it".

It's kinda just setting in now.....we're never going to see this guy wrestle again. He went out "on top". Sure he was 45 years old, but he was still a great wrestler. Hell, Jericho is older than 45 now and he might be the best guy on the roster.

Anyways, just thought I'd share. This guy is never going to do a one off dream match return. He's 100% done and gone. I mean, good for him and all. But as a fan who can barely be bothered to pay attention to a lot of the matches these days? Damn.

Michaels has long been my favorite wrestler. I take an odd pride in being a fan of the one guy who stayed retired. I think him being put down by Taker has a lot to do with it. Michaels was a guy who had his fair share of demons early in his career and I think he and Taker crossed paths backstage a time or two. I think he respects Taker too much to come out of retirement knowing Taker was the one who finally put him down for good.

I do miss him though. He was a rare talent, maybe a bit overrated due to the WWE hype machine, but no doubt he was one of the greatest to ever grace the squared circle.

Ya, I miss actively participating HBK as well. Pre-show panel, plugging a movie, warning Roman Reigns HBK I really don't care about. I don't care about his sweet chin music once in awhile either because its just a tease, he's really never coming back. So now when I hear his entrance music, I seriously don't give a shit.

My all time favorite wrestler. He's not going to come back to the ring....and I'm glad. I knew when he retired we'd never see him wrestle again. He didn't live wrestling like he did before. He went out on his own terms. It's amazing to talk about Shawn like this, considering when he left in 98 in the worst possible way and was the polar opposite of how he is now as a person. Good for him to go out like he did.

Shawn should never wrestle again. He has absolutely nothing left to prove and he had a storybook career. Any match now would only diminish his legacy. How many people can claim that they retired as the main event of Wrestlemania... TWICE?

Me too man, when he gave the go home promo on the Royal Rumble pre show, he paused, and for a split second the look in his eye... My heart sank and I really thought "he's going to declare himself in the Rumle!!!!"

But alas... If he could have one last match ifs Rollins or AJ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back