Xbox 360: NCAA Football 12 (Dynasty & Discussion)

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
So, Stormtrooper (Big P) and I had a blast with Online Dynasty mode last year. How many, if anyone, is getting this game (for the 360) this year - that would be interested in an Online Dynasty mode?

I just purchased my copy today, so I haven't yet played it. I downloaded the demo for the extra nike combat uni's, for what that's worth - even though I won't be using those teams. Has anyone played this yet (for either PS3 or xbox 360) that has details on the gameplay, graphics, and dynamics of everything?

EDIT: Almost forgot - does anyone know if there have been any rosters created yet? I get the game pretty much JUST came out, but I always have a hard time figuring out where to go for the downloadable rosters.

I use the PS3 version but there isn't much difference. Gameplay is good, nothing much different other then the tackling, which is a huge improvement in itself.

As for the named roster you're looking for, I found one for Xbox, same site I found mine for PS3 that seems pretty solid.
Those with the Xbox 360 version of NCAA Football 12 can now share in the named roster fun! In order to snag the rosters go to Team Management – Roster Share – Download Roster – Download Roster and then search the gamertag pastapadre. Make sure to save the file after downloading and manually load it if the names are not immediately reflected.
I can verify that these rosters do transfer over for use in online play and it contains all the college coaches. What I can’t determine is the complete accuracy of the file given its unknown origin. This set may very well be suitable for many while others can always choose to wait for a more distinguished roster maker to complete their file.

I gotta quit starting the game off with a shitty team lol. Last night I fucking hated it, to be honest.

Now that my team is good, its fucking epic.

Basically last years game with some serious polish put on it. Dont take that as a negative, is easily the best, most complete college football game you can get. The presentation and in game looks fucking great, although they went a tad overboard on the lighting effects (the lights and the sun are bright as FUCKKKK my white players look like Sheamus when they come out of the tunnel, lulz)

overall though, it looks utterly gorgeous, and plays very very well. being able to expand contract and do all the stuff with the conferences and the overall landscape is badassness too.

if you are a fan of the series, a definate must-get

^^^^ From The NorCal thread

I want to get involved in a dynasty again Will, except I have 2 problems right now.
1. I don't have NCAA 12
2. I don't have X-Box Live Gold.

I plan on rectifying #2 soon (likely when Madden comes out, which I'll be getting at launch). I don't know when I'm gonna rectify #1.

Oh, and if you want rosters, go to http://www.operationsports.com/. Everything you want to know about sports video games, and more importantly they have NCAA Rosters (at least downloading instructions).

Yeah... I think I'll just go with madden. I like NCAAFB, but I don't feel like spending 120 bucks for two games when I need a madden update. Also I've been too lazy on renewing my live membership for about 1/2 a year now since I normally only play dynasty/franchise mode as it is.

I will only be renting NCAA Football 12 via gamefly, so if I am correct I would have to buy online for an extra fee. I won't do that, if I do buy it I am always down with gaming online with Will.

So pretty much NorCal is the only guy who actually gives a shit.. and he doesn't (or does he?) play online Dynasty mode. Well that's unfortunate.

In other news, my first night of gaming experience went a little like this..

1. Sadness upon discovering the Wounded Warrior uni's were not in the game for South Carolina (or any other teams to my knowledge).

2. INTs are somehow harder to catch, yet easier to throw. Imagine that.

3. It's always a pain in the ass to wait out the first 1-2 weeks while someone else works hard on the endless amount of hours it takes to make a detailed and accurate roster. I mean, fuck.. you can't expect me to keep playing with LOLB #64 and QB #7 without going insane over the fact that they need names!

4. I'm trying out the Road to Glory/Path to Glory/Whatever to Glory for the first time. Wish me luck.

5. To steal a quote from someone else - I just beat a team 87-3. .... Not bad if I do say so myself.

The team I played against was called FCS. I don't recognize that school but I'd hate to be their football team in real life. I don't think they're going anywhere this year.
:lmao: Cracks me up everytime.

EDIT: NorCal, if you're interested - when Stormtrooper & I played we normally only met in the BCS Championship; so if your reasoning for not playing with others online happens to be due to any style of cheating, or lag - if you're interested we could still do the Dynasty mode and merely sim any human v. human games.. seems stupid to do it that way, since that's kinda the point of an online mode, but over half the reason I bought this game was for the Dynasty interaction with other HUMAN players. Sooooo.... let me know.

Sorry man, I'm looking at trading in some games but I'm gonna hold off for Madden since NCAA would just become a trade in towards Madden itself.

Now a Madden league with hopefully some improvements to that shit they call online franchise, and we could be in business again.

Ty, I'll definitely be getting Madden and whether we re-start up the WZ league or not, let me know if you're interested in joining an online league.

I met some guys last year who literally had a 29 human franchise going. 1 game a week, communication was easy. And best of all - everyone was challenging, and no one cheated with Baller-isque tactics and repeatedly using the same 3 m0vez, errr, plays..

I'm thinking a WZ madden league shouldn't be an issue though, considering (in theory) we have.. Stormtrooper, MK, MLBrian, You, Me, and some others above.

Ty, I'll definitely be getting Madden and whether we re-start up the WZ league or not, let me know if you're interested in joining an online league.

I met some guys last year who literally had a 29 human franchise going. 1 game a week, communication was easy. And best of all - everyone was challenging, and no one cheated with Baller-isque tactics and repeatedly using the same 3 m0vez, errr, plays..

I'm thinking a WZ madden league shouldn't be an issue though, considering (in theory) we have.. Stormtrooper, MK, MLBrian, You, Me, and some others above.

It didn't go very far last year, but to be fair I think a lot of us lost interest in Madden 11 fairly quickly. It was basically a holdover until we get to Madden 12 where they're making the major changes.

One problem is..there is way to many injuries. I decided to set up a 99 in everything team, just for shits and giggles. I put myself and some friends on it.

Week 5 was the first game I didn't get injured. Week 1, 2, and 3 I all got injured throughout the game, and eventually for the game. Then my backup got injured every time I went out. Week 4 was a bye week by the way. And all my QB's being 99 in everything, also have 99 in injury.

My point being, Injuries are way too common. It may just be my style of playing QB that get's em injured (Running out of the pocket, and always throwing on the run), but hopefully they already patched it, as I haven't played in the last 13 hours due to sleep.

The game is still awesome though, and I'm freaking pumped for Madden 12.

You are not lying. my QB has gotten injured in literally every single game I have played, be it for weeks, plays, or quarters. that shit is ridiculous.

So pretty much NorCal is the only guy who actually gives a shit.. and he doesn't (or does he?) play online Dynasty mode. Well that's unfortunate.

In other news, my first night of gaming experience went a little like this..

1. Sadness upon discovering the Wounded Warrior uni's were not in the game for South Carolina (or any other teams to my knowledge).

2. INTs are somehow harder to catch, yet easier to throw. Imagine that.

3. It's always a pain in the ass to wait out the first 1-2 weeks while someone else works hard on the endless amount of hours it takes to make a detailed and accurate roster. I mean, fuck.. you can't expect me to keep playing with LOLB #64 and QB #7 without going insane over the fact that they need names!

4. I'm trying out the Road to Glory/Path to Glory/Whatever to Glory for the first time. Wish me luck.

5. To steal a quote from someone else - I just beat a team 87-3. .... Not bad if I do say so myself.

The team I played against was called FCS. I don't recognize that school but I'd hate to be their football team in real life. I don't think they're going anywhere this year.
:lmao: Cracks me up everytime.

EDIT: NorCal, if you're interested - when Stormtrooper & I played we normally only met in the BCS Championship; so if your reasoning for not playing with others online happens to be due to any style of cheating, or lag - if you're interested we could still do the Dynasty mode and merely sim any human v. human games.. seems stupid to do it that way, since that's kinda the point of an online mode, but over half the reason I bought this game was for the Dynasty interaction with other HUMAN players. Sooooo.... let me know.

1. Meh, I use my own created teams anyway

2. YES THIS IS CORRECT. I throw like, 5 interceptions a game. Sadly, the passing game somehow seems MORE broken this year than last. I can say though I def get more picks this year than last though, my school leads the nation in INTs with 39 through 9 games

3. If it annoys you that much, you can just have the computer generate names. Its not like you would even know the difference outside of about ten guys.

4. Its stupid. I can see how a very self indulgent person would enjoy it

5. my worst one was 68 - 0 over Utah state. fun times.

I could be reasoned with, but I would frustrate you guys with being horrifically unreliable. Sorry, but ill have to pass again this year bud.

Just wait for sliders. They made last years Madden so awesome I couldn't play it online.

And I'm down for this, but it'll have to be at the end of the month. I'm gone the 23 - 30. And I call VT or Texas...

I turned injuries off. I was sick of my QB AND his backup getting injured every game. When they patch it, I'll turn it back on.

And they need to give the option to skip things such as Challenges, pre game (You might already be able to) and most importantly, the replays at the end of the game.

Because I can skip, the end of the game just waved the camera through the stadium the entire time, never going to the pause screen so I could quit to the menu screen. I had to quit through the PS3 and re-do the entire game.

One little bug that is kind of...getting to me. When a CPU does a touchback, he puts the ball down, and then does the animation that looks like he's putting the ball down with his arm.

And one thing that was...somewhat funny. I created a playbook..named it crazy shit. Except when I played with it..there was only 5 plays. I didn't even have a kick off play. Everytime I scored, I got the ball back to score again. The other team was even in kick off return. Except I couldn't always hike the ball, so I ended up simulating that part. Of course if I ever called an audible, my offense would go into kick off return and I'd be forced to call a timeout.

I turned injuries off. I was sick of my QB AND his backup getting injured every game. When they patch it, I'll turn it back on.

And they need to give the option to skip things such as Challenges, pre game (You might already be able to) and most importantly, the replays at the end of the game.

Because I can skip, the end of the game just waved the camera through the stadium the entire time, never going to the pause screen so I could quit to the menu screen. I had to quit through the PS3 and re-do the entire game.

One little bug that is kind of...getting to me. When a CPU does a touchback, he puts the ball down, and then does the animation that looks like he's putting the ball down with his arm.

And one thing that was...somewhat funny. I created a playbook..named it crazy shit. Except when I played with it..there was only 5 plays. I didn't even have a kick off play. Everytime I scored, I got the ball back to score again. The other team was even in kick off return. Except I couldn't always hike the ball, so I ended up simulating that part. Of course if I ever called an audible, my offense would go into kick off return and I'd be forced to call a timeout.

.....really? :lmao:

PS3 sounds pretty fuckin broke. NONE of that stuff hapens in Xbox, the create a playbook is pretty much the greatest thing of all time

I now own NCAA 12. It's fucking awesome. Right now, I'm the Offensive Coordinator of UCF, working my way up to being the Head Coach of Notre Dame.

I don't have Live yet though. When I do, I'm game for an Online Dynasty.

Sully - that shit sounded amazing. It literally sold me on wanting to create a playbook, and I haven't done that since the days of NFL Head Coach. (I loved that game, but it was so horrible that nothing I could design worked the way I wanted it to)

As for injuries; I've yet to have any, and in my RtG - my QB runs as well as passes, and he isn't exactly built to hit defenders, but I target them head-on anyways. I've yet to have any injury happen. Should any happen, in my RtG or Dynasty mode when I get to that.. I'd still play through them. I love injuries because they're real. Teams don't always make it through a year without any major injuries. Shit, if I had to play QB w/ my 4th string QB or a punter/kicker even.. I would just because it's the type of luck I was having that year.

I've ONLY ever reset anything, if it ended up being a career ending issue - and I've only ever seen that in Madden. Especially to young guys.

Speaking of Road to Glory. So, I became a 5* prospect. I could've signed anywhere, but because my guy went to an Iowa High School - he naturally wanted to be an Iowa Hawkeye. Only catch was, even at an 81 ovr and 5* prospect material; he was still 2nd string. :lmao: Throughout the first 3 and a half quarters of Week 1's game against an FCS team - I only held the XP attempts for the kicker. :lmao: It'd always ask if I wanted to sim until next time on the field, then it'd show me holding the fucking ball while it was being kicked!!! lol

Finally, once we were up 42-0, I was given the option of going in and finishing the game out. 3 minutes left on the clock. The first play was an option run.. needless to say, I held onto that bitch and showed why I should be starting. 34 yard run for a TD right out of the gates. :lmao: Unfortunately, upon getting the next go of it - with 2 minutes and some change left - they kept forcing handoff running plays on me, and I couldn't audible out to a pass. Until 3rd down, when I finally got my shot to pass - and BAM, 30something yd TD pass.

It's week 2 now.. against Iowa State (biggest rival of the Hawkeyes) of all teams, and I've taken over the starting job. :lmao: I don't think a kid's debut on a College team could be scripted or written any better than that.

.....really? :lmao:

PS3 sounds pretty fuckin broke. NONE of that stuff hapens in Xbox, the create a playbook is pretty much the greatest thing of all time

I thought create a playbook is awesome too, I can finally filter out all those shitty plays I don't even like looking at, and just keep my playing style at hand.

And PS3 must be broken. Funny thing is, I named it Crazy Shit before I even played with it yet...turns out it lives up to the name. I made that playbook in the Dynasty menu though, I haven't tried the one I made outside of the Dynasty yet.

Should any happen, in my RtG or Dynasty mode when I get to that.. I'd still play through them. I love injuries because they're real. Teams don't always make it through a year without any major injuries. Shit, if I had to play QB w/ my 4th string QB or a punter/kicker even.. I would just because it's the type of luck I was having that year.

but...they ARENT realistic, thats why we are upset....Really? My starting QB gets hurt EVERY FUCKING GAME and thats "real" ?? Hardly my good man

but...they ARENT realistic, thats why we are upset....Really? My starting QB gets hurt EVERY FUCKING GAME and thats "real" ?? Hardly my good man

Carolina, more specifically Jake Delhomme, went through a season in which he was injured and missed multiple games due to a finger issue. Came back, and was reinjured that same game. Ultimately leading to a trip to IR.

In a different season, after Delhomme went down with the Tommy John situation.. David Carr played like 2 games after that, and was injured against New Orleans w/ a back problem. This lead to Vinny Testaverde being signed off the couch (greatest back-up sign ever. :lmao:), only to be injured roughly 3 games later and finally Matt Moore (4th string) finishing out the season - hot.

So it IS realistic to happen, just not OFTEN always possible. I get what you're saying, just pointing out it HAS and CAN happen.

In further explaining my Road to Glory situation.. my guy started against Iowa State, and lead the team to a 20-14 victory. I enjoy how it's making you EARN the right to be able to change plays and everything.. but seriously, when I SEE the blitz coming and can't even change the side to which we're forced to run the ball.. it becomes bullshit.

In the 3rd week, I earned the right to something with 3 extra plays. :lmao: I haven't tried this or even know what it is, but we beat Pittsburgh 21-10.

I'm a little annoyed with the lack of progression in the Legend points, since I'm trying to gain an achievement and the lowest person on the Legends' standing has like 2105 pts. I'm gaining roughly 10 pts per gain. Yeah, I don't think I'll be getting that achievement short of finding a way for my freshman QB to fail college and remain playing for like 8 years.. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back