• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

X-Men: Apocalypse

I thought about this, it means Magneto is unstoppable as he can virtually control everything because of enhanced power so now he can destroy part or whole earth in few hours.

Did Apocalypse make Magneto that strong? I thought he just upped his magnetic powers to where he could lift more/larger objects at a time. Also, does Apocalypse's upgrades stay with the ones he upgrades? I know in the comics that Archangel kept his upgrades but he resented Apocalypse for them. So are Magneto, Xavier, and Storm that much more powerful now? I mean, Magneto and Xavier were already class 4 mutants and most considered Storm class 4 but there was a panel in the comics and a line in the tv show where the sentinels were scanning Storm and they said she was an omega level mutant (class 5). So are they all now omega level mutants? As strong as Jean?

When it comes to movies, I'm only disappointed if it doesn't deliver on what was promised. The only thing this movie promised me was that Apocalypse would show up, serious shit would go down, and the good guys would miraculously win in the end.

I'm able to forgive every stupid thing about this movie because this movie marketed itself as a low-brow action flick. I hate movies that claim to be spectacular when really they're just a pile of group-think excrement.

The scene where Scott Summers saw
his dead brother
, I really wasn't buying his emotional breakdown. Psylocke looked really stupid, it kind of seemed like every character except Magneto and Apocalypse was there for unintentional comic relief.

I'm pretty sure that every flaw that the rotten tomatoes regulars gushed over are completely valid, but seriously, fuck those assholes. I wish I got paid to write convoluted reviews full of mixed metaphors that are fueled by feelings of insignificance just to say that the latest X-Men wasn't as good as Days of Future Past.

I set the bar really low for myself, and I honestly liked what I saw in that Apocalypse thoroughly owned everyone he came across and it took the combined efforts of everyone
except Wolverine, but including Phoenix
to bring him down.

Did she have more than five lines in this?

No, I honestly can't remember her speaking at all. Olivia Munn plays her, so obviously there were going to be severe limitations on the potential of that character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back