X-Division Turning Into A Legit Division

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
TNA's X Division could very well be something of a legit sport's division.

The booking team is looking to do a new concept that would differentiate itself from WWE. Their current idea would be a "shoot" style X Division which would feature a time limit in all the X Division Matches.

The outcome of the match would be in the hands of real judges as they'd decide the outcome as a shoot on who was legitimately the best performer in the match.

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

This is stupid. It's wrestling not M.M.A. What happen's if the match's dont go T.N.A.'s way? Everyone know's wrestling's predetermined so what's the point in trying to make it legitimate?

Totally agree tht this seems such a stupid decsion if it were made to probably the best thing that TNA offers. If they wanted to make a shoot style division they could do it outright and not change the x division, it really does seem a terrible idea.

Im not getting the concept at all with this. It just makes no sense. Its taking the time limit from the FSN days and saying its real.

This is what TNA is saying basically..."So when we plan out the match and we decide that we want the judges to decide who the winner is it makes it real!"

So its fake to become real???

yea i dont really understand what the meaning of all of this is...x division is perfectly fine the way it is..just put more high flying superstars in there and it wuld b even better..theres no reason to change it DO NOT CHANGE IT

I like the idea as long as it's exclusively for matches on impact and don't really play a part in the pay-per-views. This will make the wrestlers truly give it their all in their matches because rather than being told if they're going to win the match or not, they will have to do their best to earn winning the fight and becoming a bigger name. This can make for better matches on impact which is something that is lacking a lot of the time. I don't like it for pay-per-views though.

I see no point in something like this because they would definitely not be able to showcase the spectacle of a proper wrestling match (fake) and do all the moves that make the division what it is. All we would see is mat wrestling the whole time and that would be flat-out boring. I don't think they should build a division around that, but maybe a tournament like the Brawl-For-All would be good. I don't see why they would even bother with doing something like this though. There are plenty of other promotions that do this stuff, so I don't think the fans desperately want to see it happen in TNA. Especially in the high-flying X-Division. Stick to what it is now. This will never happen.

I dont like the judges idea and the idea of it been actually legit, i like the idea of making the X div seem legit with a timelimit, and maybe a bit of a shoot style of wrestling that would be written into the match plan, to add the element of realism.

This is the worst idea since Brawl For All. That pissed away a boatload of momentum for a handful of guys WWF was trying to get over and pushed. Losing in a boxing match to Savio Vega's tubby ass doesn't exactly help to establish your credibility. The idea for this divisional change doesn't need to get past the idea stage.

I agree that this doesn't sound like a good idea. However, I think what TNA is trying to do is trying to stay innovative which is what has helped make them what it is today. However, in regards to the X-Division, they just need to focus on keeping the division in the same style that it had when it was on the rise. That is what they need to do more with the division. Enough of this Paparazzi Championship Series BS or stupid Jackass gimmicks and just go back to the style that made the X-Division as good as it was.

This is just piss-poor writing. The X Division is probably one of the most innovative ideas in wrestling for a long time. TNA needs to stick with it's strengths, and bring back the high flying, crazy ass daredevil shit that made TNA great.

I like the concept. It seems more realistic. A time limit is good. Leave the time limit at 20 or 30 minutes. This way everytime we get a 20 or 30 minute match. I think you read wrong. It's not shoot fight but shoot concept. There is a judge if the match goes past. I just love the damn concept.

We can have longer and more realistic matches. This will also give the X divison some image and more interest. The X division will get the image more of a boxing match which is good because Boxing gets high ratings. Instead of a time limit about giving the X divison 10 rounds of 3 minutes.

Overall this concept could get over or it could flop. It all depends how they book it. Kevin Nash has alot of good ideas imo and this is one of them. The judges better be elite wrestlers or some famous wrestlers instead of the fat oily guy and samolian joe.

As for if it doesnt goes TNA way, I think they want it that way. I think they want it so they dont get to choose winners. It overall makes the workers work harder and try to accomplish a victory especially with the Title on the line. There are some problems with this but they can be solved. For example if they want a certain person to win they can just book it that way. I just think they want it to be likes it's more realistic but they really are booking the winners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back