• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

X-Division Championship No More???

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show
From WZ.com

In TNA rumors, the TNA X Division title may be phased out soon with the recent and rumored signings of heavyweights like Banderas, Matt Morgan, Andrew Martin and others. It's believed that if either Kurt Angle or Samoa Joe who ever wins at Hard Justice will and go on to select a partner to carry the Tag Team titles with while the World title and the X Division title will be unified, getting rid of the X Division title.

Wow I have to say I really didnt think they go and get rid of the X-title as thats the only real championship they have the "X" division. I know they have been using it as a mid division title, but they could just come up with another as its looks like TNA is doing a WWE thing and that is pushing the smaller wrestlers aside. I really see no point in just getting rid of the belt. But i guess TNA doenst care no more for the X division

Thoughts?

I think this could backfire on tna. The main thing that drew people to start watching TNA was the X-division because of how unique it was. I'm also wondering if the X-division/Cruiserweights are going to consider leaving TNA and going to ROH? I can't see wrestlers like Petey Williams, Jay Lethal, Senshi, Chris Sabin, and etc. fueding with the likes of others such as christian cage, mat morgan, Test, Samoa Joe, Abyss, and Sting. Unless TNA is taking a different approach by deciding to push smaller guys into the championship picture, I believe there are going to be quite a few wrestlers asking for a release because they are going to realize that there isn't a point for them to wrestle in TNA anymore if the X-division is gone.

if this is true and i think its a bullshit rumor,but if this does happen then im done with tna and not tryin to extreme but probably done with wrestling all together,i mean how can u get everyone lovin your product (x division) than swich it up when u fill like it

Anyone else call bullshit on this?

The X-Division created TNA, they are main promotion that bring something different from WWE. It's gotta be a bullshit rumor cos TNA jus aint that daft

100% bullshit, no way they would do that, getting rid of the x division is suicide, they know the big guys cant carry the show on their own

if they get rid of the x division title, say goodbye to 99% of the x division wrestlers, going to ROH, japan, or 130234502 other promotions that we have today, TNA without the x division wont last long, and if this is true, wich i highly doubt, i will stop watching TNA...

The X-Title and the wrestlers in that divison is what "made" TNA. TNA will lose a lot of wrestlers and fans if they do away with it. Really, thats the only reason myself, and I'm sure many others watch TNA.

If they get rid of the X-Divison title then TNA will be extinct very soon, the X-Divison stars and matches are what is keeping a lot of fans interested in TNA, it was something original and put AJ Styles, Chris Harris, Fallen Angle, and countless others on the map, if they just let a great thing fade away then I don't have confidence that TNA will last longer then a year maybe two after it's gone, because putting all your stars in the hunt for one title isn't a good idea.

Bottom line is without the X-Title TNA is nothing.

Hmmm... Get rid of a title about a month or two before the extra hour is added to the mix, just so that all the big new guys can get their 15 minutes of fame? When people said before that TNA was following WWE and therefore wouldn't get passed them, I'd say after hearing this that they are right. I don't watch TNA anyways, but if they get rid of the X title, they have a whole roster of people fighting over 1 belt, and most likely only ever have one of them at a time. Where does that leave the entire other roster? If you ask me, with an extra hour coming into play, I'd get ANOTHER title involved, not minus one. They got the Heavyweight title, the X title (crusierweight, if you will) Why not get somthing with the importance of the IC title for example? Three titles in two hours, that'll fill alot of space!

Wow, I'm a staunch TNA supporter, but if this is true, boo to TNA. I mean honestly, I thought the big guys coming in would be good for the X-Division, so they wouldn't be fed to the heavyweight any more, and kinda just do their own thing.

I don't understand this, and i'm completely baffled by this move, if it is true. isn't the whole point of having the six sided ring to cater to the X-Division? This move just makes no sense. Nitro worked because the Cruisers carried the opening part of the show, long enough to get to the main eventers. Having two full hours of, yes, WWE retreads with nonething else is just ridiculous.

Man, all the hype and hope I had for TNA may have just been brushed away.

What I am trying to understand in when every rumor turned into a fact. Just because the Wrestling Observer or pwinsider post something that is a rumor doesn't make it a fact. And from what most wrestlers have said including Bischoff and Kane among others, is that alot of the rumors are complete bullshit. Yes I do read the rumor websites but I don't take them to be fact. If you don't believe me, then look at how many rumors this past week people have been about to go crazy over only to find out later that the rumors aren't even true at all.

That's why a lot of people say if this is true, not that it is true. What other rumors this week.

The big two stories, Jeff Hardy suspended, not injured. That rumor was true, and the injury story was a lie made up by Jeff Hardy fan sites. The rumor of his suspension were indeed true.

The raw ratings, 2.5, granted, it might not have been a 2.5, but by all indications, its low, or else the WWE wouldn't be taking the drastic steps you will see tomorrow night on Raw.

So, yes the X-Division thing is a rumor right now, but lets face it, the probable outcome of this match shows a strong sign taht this rumor is indeed going to be true.

Just because it's on the internet, doesn't mean it isn't true.

actually this is a rumor that i really doubt is true, TNA would not do this, they dont even have enough big guys to carry the show for 2 hours, 1 hour they might be able to do, but 2 hours? no way

once they get 2 hours i also thought they would use the WCW strategy and give the x division the 1st hour or so, and lead the way for the main event, they know the x division is a big part of their company and its what sets them apart from WWE

the x division is the only thing they have that says ''hey WWE i wanna see u try and do this'', and if they go big time, they will put a lot of pressure on WWE with their x division, it makes no sense at all to lose the title and the x division wrestlers

if there was some logic in it i could say this rumor has a chance of being true, but it has no logic at all... unless they are planning to make a new title, wich i highly doubt also...

Given that the X Division matches have been reduced to a tiny segment, and that most (if not all) of their matches are spot-heavy, I can see TNA testing the waters with getting rid of the X belt.

If it does backfire, it will NOT be the demise of TNA. Rather, they could easily reinstate the title...heck even build up a storyline to the "ex-X Division" wrestlers lobbying for Cornette to bring it back...maybe they could take on a group of the heavyweights, and the winner not only gets the X title reinstated, but actually wins it for himself.

Also, I agree with establishing a secondary (re: IC or US) title in TNA, once they go live for two hours. A secondary title is crucial in TNA building stars through the ranks.

i dont think they need more titles, 1 heavyweight belt for the heavyweights and 1 x division belt for the x division is good enough, since TNA doesnt even have that many heavyweights

and i think it wouldnt work to do a storyline to bring back the belt because most guys from the x division are unhappy there, with contracts almost up, if TNA gets rid of the x division belt its almost certain the guys will walk back to ROH

i dont think they need more titles, 1 heavyweight belt for the heavyweights and 1 x division belt for the x division is good enough, since TNA doesnt even have that many heavyweights

They need a second title to help bring guys into the main event status. For Example what is test going to be doing while he isn't in the main event picture? Competing in a ultimate X match with Senshi, petey williams, and chris sabin? They need a belt similar to the IC or US title to help build credibility for wrestlers who are trying to work their way up to the word heavyweight championship.

Let me just express my feelings on this through an action.

*Turns TV over to WWE. Realises professional wrestling is shit now and kills self*

They shouldn't be dropping the X Division, they should be putting a much, much bigger focus on it. Let me tell you this, if they drop the belt I will never watch another TNA show or buy another TNA DVD again out of protest. I urge other TNA fans to do the same. There is nothing that describes this move other than disgusting. I've seen Kurt Angle as the world champion six times already, why would I want to change the channel just to see it again!? If I ever see Jeff Jarrett, I'd risk the probable limb-breaking he'd give me to spit in his face.

EDIT: The X Division is one of the only reasons I ever tune into TNA and, right now, I feel like I'm living next to Loch Ness in the incredibly unlikely hope of actually seeing the monster that everyone knows the lake for.

I HATE TNA.

Why did they make a new TNA X-title if they were just going to drop it a couple of months later. That makes no sense!!!

That is exactly what I have been thinking! But if Dixie Carter and Jeff are really that dumb thinking that if they get rid of the X-Division title they will still have a half decent roster, then they will be wrong, because personally, if the X-Division goes, I won't watch TNA anymore, the X-Division stars will take there ball an go back t ROH, or Japan or even Mexico, but what would AJ Styles do? Is he still a X-Division star or is he now classed as a heavyweight?

I do agree with every1 who has said if they get to two hours they need to bring in another belt, because with the amount of heavyweights they have been signing latley they all can't compete for one belt at the same time, so they will need to bring in another belt to give them something to fight over, not just squash X-division stars

I think i am gonna call bullshit on this....seems like a pretty shit rumour....i mean as mentioned all over this thread the X-division is what made TNA. It was because of the X-division that most people tuned into the TNA programming in the first place, because they couldnt see action like it in WWE.

The problem i have always found with the X-division title is when they hammer home the idea of it "not been about weight limits but about no limits". Realistically if Chris sabin or Sonjay or Jay lethal or someone of that stature was the X-Champ...and Abyss or some other big lug wanted the title then in terms of realism there is no reason they couldnt just squash the opponent.

What i am trying to get at is....Dont get rid of the title...imo they should slap a weight limit on the X-division title and focus on having the belt in the hands of the smaller guys and not at any point have a situation whereby they just decide to have a heavyweight destroy the champ.

The X-division is the one thing that made TNA interesting, and really set itself apart from WWE. And now they want to get rid of it. They're going to lose a lot of fans b/c of this if in fact it's true, and they might help WWE out if some of their X-division talent leaves b/c of it.

well i guess another title would be a good idea, i thought they didnt have enough guys on their roster to pull it off but now that i think of it i also remember guys like rhyno, robert rude, eric, lance hoyt, test, abyss, tomko, even sting, could be guys carrying a IC sort of belt, but i think they could wait a bit more b4 they make a new one

and i dont think a weight limit in the x division is the best thing, cuz then guys like samoa joe, who put on a hell of a match with guys from the x division, couldnt be x division champ =/, all they have to do is make it seem like most of the big guys dont care for the x division title...

anyway, like i said b4, if this rumor is true ill also stop watching TNA... but lets not get ahead of ourselves XD

Okay I know you guys are passionate about the X-Division and all but weren't there previoous rumours saying that TNA was looking into adding a secondary title and a women's title? So you if they lose the X-Division title and add a secondary and ladies championship then TNA is gaining one title. TNA could also add a Junior Heavyweight, light heavyweight or crusierweight title to replace the X-Division title as well. Personally I wouldn't get rid of the X-Division Title but less see what happens before we call death to TNA.

That title (like most in TNA) is worthless. Then again it's had plenty of classic matches associated with it. 18 months ago I would have been angry, not anymore. It look's like TNA is phasing out talented wrestlers. With WWE has been's and never were's being bought in. In a few months there wont be enough decent wrestlers to have an X-Divison. Personally I'd rather see them get rid of it before Test or Gail Kim get's hold of it. I dont have any doubts that this will happen.

NWA/TNA would be making one of the worst moves ever if they were to drop the X Division Title. That title is what makes TNA great. The beauty of the title is that there is no weight restrictions and it is basically a title for "wrestlers" not entertainers. Now don't get me wrong, wrestling companies need to have their entertaining wrestlers as well. However the low ratings of WW*cough*F*cough* has proven that dropping wrestling for storylines kills ratings. TNA is pushing for the two hour show and dropping the caliber of wrestling that the X division offers would be a huge mistake. In light of a possible 2 hour show they need to create a Television Championship and keep the X Division Title. That way with those two titles, the Tag Team Titles and The NWA World Title they could easily fill a two hour spot. The recent signings of such "stars" as Andrew Martin and Matt Morgan show that they are going in a WW*cough*F*cough* direction which is sure to kill the quality of programming that NWA/TNA has offered in the past and will destroy the company if they don't fix it soon!!!!

Actually it wouldn't surprise me if they dropped the title, considering the direction TNA is going now when it comes to Samoa Joe vs Kurt Angle in the "Winner Takes All" titles match. IMHO it sounds more realistic for Kurt Angle to keep his titles and gain the ones in Joe's possession than handing his belts to Joe, which I can't imagine Kurt Angle being the X Division champion at all. This will be more like when Triple H faced Kane when the IC title was dropped a few years ago.

I wouldn't doubt TNA would make a new title that's below the TNA title that other big guys can hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back