WZCW Meltdown: Episode 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey_Mania

I Am The One Who Knocks
l_65aa66b71e613b7721050d7456006924.jpg

WZCW-1.jpg

(The crowd packed into tonight's arena where WZCW resides nearly explodes with thunderous cheers and applauds for the WZCW opening video package that plays across the WZCW-tron overheard, as well as on television sets all across the world. The anticipation for the start of Monday night WZCW reaches its peak, and it's at a perfect time, because once the opening video comes to an end, and the fire red WZCW logo flashes quickly in and out of the camera shot, the fans in the arena and at home witness a stunning display of pyrotechnics that rise up from the stage and shoot down from the WZCW-tron, nearly lighting up the entire arena with its bright effects. The pyrotechnics display finishes off with a few fire red illuminations shooting up into the air, followed by one final explosion of silver pyro, capping off the pyro display! The fans here in the arena are electric as they chant the initials of Wrestle Zone Championship Wrestling repeatedly, as well as scream out loud for their favourite WZCW Superstars. Some amazing shots of overhead views of the fans continue to take up television sets, making fans watching at home wish they were at the arena this evening. Some may have to travel far, because as seen by the small graphic, the show is coming to us Live from The Arrowhead Pond In Anaheim, California As we view many home-made signs being raised up into the air by the fans, we hear the familiar voices of WZCW's well-know commentators, Copeland and Cohen.)

Copeland: Welcome everyone to another exciting edition of WZCW Meltdown! We’ve got a huge night ahead of us, but sadly, with every great thing must come a bad one. So let me introduce to you the man sitting next to me this evening…Jack “The Enforcment” Cohen.

Cohen: Well, Seabass...We have alot to get through tonight, A tag match, and some qualifying matches for the vacant WORLD TITLE!

Copeland: That's right Jackie boy. We do have alot to sit through here tonight. Now we go to the ring for our Good Friends Better Enemies tag match.

Harrys – The following contest is a tag team match scheduled for 1 fall. Introducing first weighing in at 215 lbs, Might Norcal.

BWBW hits, and NorCal comes right out, walking with purpose. goes back to the middle of the stage, pounds on his heart, and raises both arms,. Walks to the ring staring straight ahead, with a quick pace. Gets in the ring, raises arms slow while full flex, ala Triple H.

Copeland: This NorCal guy is a true specimen, he's looking to unleash hell.

Cohen: Yeah, but he might be a little preoccupied. I heard he is a little pissed that Michaels got injured. He wanted to be the one to take him out.

Harrys – And his partner, weighing in at 277 lbs, Grand Mystique.

“Headstrong” by Trapt plays to the arena. After a few seconds the bright house lights go off but the music continues to the arena. The house spotlights come up and are focussed on all four corners of the ring. They change colours rapidly. Then the music stops. The house lights returns and the music starts back up again. GM is in ring, sitting on a turnbuckle.

Copeland: I really feel for this guy, his partner turned on him now he's looking for revenge.

Cohen: Revenge shmevenge. Murfish was the stronger of the two, he just finally realized it.

Harrys – Now introducing their opponents, first weighing in at 335 lbs, Murfish.

Reptilia by The Strokes begins to play. Murf!sh comes to the ring. He is booed but tries to interact with the fans anyway.

Copeland: This guy is a beast, although I really dont like what he did to GM

Cohen: Like it or not seabass. He did what he had to do.

Harrys – And his partner weighing in at 200 lbs, he is Milenko.

“Great Milenko” by Insane Clown Posse blasts across the arena and suddenly there are deafening boos. Milenko waits at the top of the ramp. He paces back and forth before the lights go out. The lights come back on and Milenko is in the ring.

Copeland: The man that has replaced the injured Anthony Michaels.

Cohen: I sure hope he's ok. I know he wouldnt miss an oppertunity like this.

Mighty Norcal and Milenko are starting in the ring and they lock up. Norcal overpowers Milenko and shoves him to the ground, Milenko gets up slowly as Norcal has a smug look on his face. They trade a few punches in the ring, following with Norcal Irish-whipping Milenko who rebounds of the rope and hits a quick clothesline on Norcal. Milenko runs the ropes again but Norcal surprises him by getting up so quickly and hits a clothesline of his own. Norcal drags Milenko to his corner and tags in G.M.

GM gets in the ring and pounds Milenko who is still in the corner. Milenko starts to fight back with fists of his own and then hits a neckbreaker. GM is on the ground and grasping his head, Milenko pulls GM back to his feet, only to hit a European Uppercut knocking GM back to the ground.

Cohen: My god these guys came to play today.

Copeland: Yeah they did, lets see what transpires.

Kick out by GM. Milenko waits until GM is on his feet and hits a by a Spine buster.

Milenko is getting annoyed now, and gets distracted as he is complaining to the ref to count faster. He turns around into an atomic drop by GM, then another atomic drop by GM. He hits an uppercut on Milenko then hits a massive German suplex and holds Milenko in a rear naked choke. Milenko fights out of it, then knocks GM down with a huge boot. They are both down for the count.

They both move to their respective corners to try and tag in their partners. Milenko jumps to tag in Murfish, who is now fresh in this match, and GM just makes it to tag in Norcal. Murfish goes crazy with a fury of offence, first hitting a spear then a fury of punches. He pulls Norcal to his feet and hits an exploder suplex. He goes for the cover on Norcal.

Copeland: Another close one. Man Jackie, they really are not playing around.

Cohen: Come on guys, just finish these losers off.

Norcal barely manages to kick out. He locks in a sleeper and Norcal starts to fade quickly as he was already on the ground. Norcal pulls together all his strength and with intensity in his eyes he powers out of the hold. He hits a quick Sambo Suplex, then grabs the gut of Murfish and hits a gut wrench suplex. He locks in his finisher “No Mercy” (crippler crossface) and Murfish thrashes around trying to escape the painful hold.

Milenko comes in and breaks the hold up, by hitting Norcal. The ref turns around to see Milenko back to his corner, giving Murfish an open to hit a low blow on Norcal. He goes for the cover.

No! Norcal just manages to kick out, still in amazing pain. Murfish locks in an Angler Lock (Texas Cloverleaf) on Norcal, writhing in pain Norcal has few options left. He uses his best one. Intensity. Norcal brings up every fibre in him the says fight out of it and cries and scream that shook the ring. Norcal powers up and through it all and gets on his feet and hits a running clothesline on Murfish. Norcal takes advantage and tags in GM. GM rushes in for the cover.

Copeland: He ALMOST HAD HIM. It was real close.

Cohen: Close but no cigar.

Kick out by Murfish. GM runs over to Milenko and knocks him off the apron, but he left his back to Murfish who goes for a quick roll up.

GM manages to roll out of it, but is still momentarily stunned. As this is happening we see Anthony Michaels run down to the ring looking perfectly healthy. He jumps into the ring He clotheslines NorCal off the apron as NorCal is trying to get in the ring. He then goes over to GM and picks him up and lands the NEGATIVE CURRENT on him. Michaels rolls out of the ring and runs to the back. Murfish sees this and then goes for the cover, the referee begins the count.

Copeland: DAMNIT! I thought Anthony Michaels was injured, He just cost NorCal and GM the match up. I'm sure NorCal is not pleased.

Cohen: I thought something was up. Glad to see my boy Michaels is up and around after that horrible crash hahaha.

*Ding Ding Ding*

Harrys – Here are your winners, Milenko and Murfish.

*Camera cuts to the backstage area.*

*Anthony Michaels is seen running out to his car. As he opens up the drivers side door he hears the voice of Chuck Myles.*

Myles: "Michaels, HEY ANTHONY MICHAELS!"

Michaels: "What do you want Myles? I have to get outta here. NOW!"

Myles: "Well since you obviously fooled us all in thinking you were legitimately injured, and since you seem to have a bone to pick with NorCal. I am going to give you the match that you wanted. It will be you and NorCal at Redemption. One on one."

*Anthony Michaels looks perplexed*

Myles: "You did say you wanted to challenge him awhile back. Now im giving it to you."

Michaels: "Yeah, that's just what I need right now. Look Myles, I gotta get out of here, before NorCal finds me. Tell him I will see him at Redemption."

*Michaels gets in his car and drives away as Myles looks on with a smile on his face.*

Cohen: Well Ladies and Gentlemen, it's time to see who will be advancing to the PPV for his shot at the now vacant belt, as we have a hotly anticipated qualifying match.

End of the Line by Devildriver hits on the soundsystem and slowly gets louder. A plume of smoke starts to come out of the entrance hole. When the singing starts Alex runs out to the beginning of the rap. Sparks shoot upwards as he holds his hands out and looks at the crowd.

Harrys: Ladies and Gentleman, this match is a qualifying match for the Championship Chase and is scheduled for one fall. Introducing first from The Dark Carnival. He weighed in today at 239lbs. He is the Hardcore Juggalo... Alllleeeeexxx Bown

An explosion goes off and Bown makes his makes his way to the ring. As he gets to the ring he hops up and wipes his boots off on the side of the ring and then steps in and waits for his opponent.

Cohen: After recent weeks, you've got to wonder if this tournament is the way for Alex Bowen to establish himself as a force to be reckoned with in WZCW.

Copeland:For a shot at the title, I'd like to hope we see an upturn in Bowen's fortunes as of late. After losing out on a shot at Ben Legend's Elite X belt last week along with his brother, the same brother who rendered him unconsious at KFAD, Bowen needs to get back on his game

'Supernova goes Pop' by Powerman 5000 blares through the arena to a huge ovation.

Cohen: But you have to wonder just what his chances are against a man on this hot a streak. The Mayhem Champion, Everest

Everest appears on the stage, orange laser lights shoot back and forth across the blank big screen that then flashes the words “Are you Ready to Go” The lights go out for a second.
Copeland: I hate when he does this. I don't trust you in the dark Seabass

Harrys: And his opponent, he is the Mayhem champion...weighing in at 205lbs. From Los Angles California...Everrresttttt!

The lights come back on, with Everest now halfway down the ramp soaking in the ovation from the crowd. He makes his way to the ring quickly but stops at the steps and checks out one of the fans leaning over the guardrail, clearly heard saying 'Damn!' before entering the ring.

***DING DING DING***

Cohen: And this match underway, all thanks to the decision of Vince Bateman to vacate the WZCW title after recent events.

Copeland:And yet again, Rios gets shafted. How is that fair? Alex Bowen and this ass-clown Everest don't deserve to be seen near the belt.

Cohen: Well, partner... your views aside, Bateman clearly thinks so. So how about we call this match now?

Inside the ring, Alex Bowen and Everest are taking their time, waiting for the other to make a move. Everest feints a move, causing Bowen to throw a wild punch to cut him off. The impact causes him to spin round, and, disorientated, he stumbles into Everest who catches him with the Rock Slide

Cohen: ROCK SLIDE!!! ROCK SLIDE!!! This is going to be over quickly

Copeland: Sit down, you're embarrasing me AGAIN

Instead of going for the pin, Everest instead picks up Bowen, and hits him with a second Rock Slide, locking on the Mountain Climber on a helpless Alex Bowen

Cohen: A second Rock Slide from Everest. I think he wants to make a statement at Bowen's expense.

Copeland: REALLY?!? What ever gave you that idea Seabass?

Inside the ring, the referee raises Bowens arms and lets them drop three times, calling for the bell

Cohen: An emphatic win by our Mayhem Champion, showing just why he is one of the best.

Copeland: That may be true, but he still hasn't won when he has gone to the Big one.

Cohen: That may be so, but if he keeps stringing wins like that together, he soon will be.

Copeland: Well of course he will. Don't you understand the concept of a tournament Seabass. If he wins matches, he gets the belt. Simple really

Cohen: Ladies and Gentlemen, we'll be back after this short break where someone will be bringing my broadcast partner a glass of warm milk to make him less cranky.

We go to Leon Kensworth whos backstage.

Ladies and Gentleman, please welcome one of the men who have a chance to advance in tonights tournament, Eric Derf.

Eric walks onto into shot already in his wrestling gear and serious look on his face.

Eric, you've had a few days now since learning you were facing Manzo tonight for a chance to possibly become the World Champion here in WZCW. My question for you is, What do you expect going into tonights matchup?

Eric looks at Leon with the same serious face.

Leon, for the past few days, I've been working out, running, eating all of the healthiest foods I can. And wen I wasn't doing that, I was watching videos. Vdeos of Manzos path of destuction. I've seen what he has done to people. I've seen his power. And tonight, I'm prepared to face that same wrath so many others have faced.

Well I'm glad you've been traning. So, you really think you can beat the undefeated Manzo?

Eric continues to look at Leon, same serious face before uttering the word "No." Leon looks at him with a puzzled look on his face.

I don't think I can beat Manzo. The guy is tough, real tough. I don't think I have it in me. But you know what? I never actully though I'd do alot of things. I never though I'd make it to WZCW. I never though I'd get back in touch with my broken family. And I never though I'd be able to beat a giant like Manzo. But I reunited my family. I made it to WZCW. So tonight, I'm not only prepared to face Manzo. I'm prepared to face my own judgement, and I plan on beating both. Now if you'll excuse me Leon, I've got a match to get ready for.

Eric walks off camera as Leon stands there, saying nothing.

"Riders of the Storm" starts playing and Apotheosis comes out looking down at the floor, seemingly depressed, but he is actually focused and thinking over the truths and changes he has discovered and his upcoming match. In his hand, he carries Joseph Campbell’s “The Hero with a Thousand Faces.” This will change when he finishes it.

The following contest is a Triple Threat, and it's scheduled fo One-Fall! Introducing first, from Boston, Massachusetts, weighing in at 260 pounds, Apeothesis!

Cohen: What a match we've got here Copeland, a Triple Threat between two of WZCW freshest faces, as well as a great performer like Apeothesis.

Copeland: You said it partner, and if I were a betting man, I'd have my money on Apeothesis. He's had a rough few weeks, he's gonna need someone to take his frusterations out on.

He slides into the ring, takes off his jacket, plops down in the corner, and opens and starts reading the book waiting for his opponent to come out to the ring.

"Come on" begins playing as Mike Ryder steps out from behind the curtain and looks around the arena. He breathes in the atmosphere before slowly making his way to the ring ignoring the fans chanting at him. He jogs up the ring steps. He does a pose on the ropes with his arms out wide before entering the ring and warming up.

"And one of the opponents, from The Streets Of Memphis, weighing in at 260 pounds, Mike "The Assassin" Ryder!"

Cohen: Although I wouldn't count this kid out. He had quite a debut last week against Agrex.

Copeland: Yes he did make an impact, as a matter of fact, I'm being told that as a result of last weeks actions, Agrex won't be here tonight, and his orseeable future looks bleak here in WZCW. I wish the kid he best.

"Put On" blairs throughout the arena, nd after a few moments, a fresh face walks onto the ramp. He slowly looks up and looks around the arena. He shakes his head and walks down the ramp.

And making his debut, from Chicago, Illinois, weighing in at 235 pounds, "The One and Only" Kyle Christianson!

Cohen: Now heres a fresh face, he looks like he could be a great addition to our roster.

Copeland: I agree, but the fans here don't seem to be resonding to any of these guys to well. Yo have to treat the fans good to be treated good yourself.

Cohen: Oh, of course you would say that...

As Kyle gets in the ring he does a standing backflip to show he is better than everyone followed by one handed pushups. Apeothesis and Mike Ryder watch this before both jumping him, starting the match.

Copeland: Thats not the best way to make friends here in WZCW, showing off like that.

Cohen: Who cares about friends! The guys got skills he wanted to show off!

Ryder and Apothesis beat down Christianson for a bit. Ryder picks up Christianson and yells at Apeothesis to do somthing. he backs up and runs at the two, but then hits a nap DDT on Ryder!

Cohen: Hows your friends theory look now partner?

Apeothesis looks over the fallen bodys of his opponents for a few moments before covering Ryder.

2-Kickout by Ryder!

Apeothesis begins going to work on Ryder, hitting punch after punch. He finally goes to stand up when out of nowheres, he is hit by a Knee Smash by Kyle Christianson. As soon as Apeothesis drops, he hits a standng moonsault on him as well before going for a pin.

1...kickout by Apeothesis!

Cohen: Wow, what a debut! He started off cocky, got double teamed, but he seems to be doing quite well.

Copeland: Well I won't argue with that logic.

Christianson ignores Apothesis, instead focusing on Mike Ryder. He picks him up, shouts somthing to the crowd, then hits what looks like a Rock Bottem, but Ryders head hits his knee on the way down.

Cohen: The One and Only! That was his finishing move! This one is over already!

Copeland: It's not over yet, he's not going for the pin!

Standing over a fallen Ryder, Christianson picks up Apeothesis and hits another "One and Only" on him a well! He then goes for the pinfall on Apeothesis.

Kickout!

Frusterated, he goes to pin Ryder.

3- Wait, rope break!

Christianson is getting frusterated as he pick up Ryder, but Ryder seemingly comes out of nowheres with a flurry of lefts and rights, followed by some devistating kicks and finally a backhand blow, knocking Christianson down.

Copeland: Wow, what power! And all from out of nowheres!

Christianson rolls out of the ring aftr the backhand, and as Ryder goes to reach over the ropes to try to pull him back in, Apothesis comes from behind and locks in a half nelson before slaming him to the ground. Almost immediatly, he locks in The Call to Adventure on Ryder. Ryder is holding one arm out, trying to reach the ropes. The referee is checking to see if he's going to tap or not.

Cohen: Come on, tap out! No one can stay in that hold for very long!

Ryder is reaching for the ropes, but he just can't reach them. After a long struggle, he fnally goes to tap out but Kyle Christianson reachs into the ring, grabbing Ryders arm, preventing him from tapping.

Copeland: Wow, the fans might not like him, but tha was smart! Preventing your opponents from tapping means you still have a shot at winning!

Apeothesis still has the hold locked in, and Ryder is still trying to tap out. While holding his arm, Chistianson slides into the ring, and almost immediatly, Apothesis lets go of the hold an instantly hits Christianson with The Gargoyle Suplex! Apothesis stands up after delivering the suplex, only to turn around into a Ryder Bomb from Mike Ryder! As soon as Apothesis hits the ground, all three men are down. Ryder manages to throw his arm over Christianson on his way down, so the referee makes the count

3!!!

Here is your winner, Kyle "The Assasin" Ryder!

Copeland: Wow, that was one hell of a match! All three men put it al on the line, but only one of them could come out on top, and Ryder was that man tonight.

Cohen: Your right, but I don't think this will be the last time we see any of these guys. I see all of these guys long term players in WZCW.

Copeland: An impressive debut by Kyle Christianson, another great showing by Apothesis, but a great win for Mike Ryder.

*We are backstage with Becky Serra, who is about to conduct an interview it seems.*

Serra – I’m here backstage with “The Thunder from Down Under” Daniel Stokes.

*Daniel walks into the camera shot, and stands next to camera. He is looking ready and intense, but still with an aura of delight about him.*

Serra – Now Daniel, about your match tonight ...

Daniel – Match? What match? *Daniel laughs* Joking of course, but that is the way I’m going to take it. Relaxed, calmly picking apart Vengeance. Why am I thinking like this? Look at what happened last week, Vengeance snapped. He was frustrated, he couldn’t take that he couldn’t get the job done. I am not going to make that mistake.

Serra – You seem a bit overconfident.

*Daniel snaps a glaring look at Serra.*

Daniel – No. Never. Behind the joking comes intensity, I would never make the mistake to underestimate an opponent, especially not one as overwhelming as Vengeance.

Serra – Vengeance attacked you without remorse last week, which is the reason for this rematch. How is your body feeling now?

Daniel – I feel fine now, true I have a few scratches, a few bruises here and there, but it comes with the game. Vengeance may have made me hurt last week, but it is nothing in comparison to what I will do to win our match.

Serra – Well in that case, how do you think this match will go down?

Daniel – Well think of it like this, I’m not out here to say this is going to be a walk in the park; I’m not out here to say this is going to be too difficult to overcome. I’m out here to tell you that this is going to be a war. This war will go down until the last bit of fight is gone in one of us, but hear this: The fight will never go out in me. As long as I can walk down the aisle with the Australian flag behind me, I can keep going forever.

A wrestler can walk down the aisle for whatever reason, and act for whatever reason. Does it come down to who is really the better wrestler? Maybe, but in my mind, it comes down to the person with the better reason. Let me ask you this, what reason do you think is better: Beating someone up for the sake of pain, or for the sake of your country that is your absolute world? The sake of the master, or the sake of yourself? For me, it’s obvious. Make your choice, stick with it. Hope for the best. Australia is the plan, wrestling is the game. That’s it.

*Daniel walks away abruptly.*

O Fortuna echoes around the arena.

Harrys: “From his Master's presence. He weighs in at 275lbs...Vengeance!”

Vengeance appears at the top of the ramp, and begins a slow paced, ominous walk down to the ring, wearing his hooded cloak. He enters the ring by sliding under the bottom rope and stands facing turnbuckle and pulls back the hood, raising his head toward the sky, as though looking for divine inspiration. He then removes his cloak and drapes it over a ring post.

The sound of thunder echoes through the arena. The music "Down Under" hits and the lights flicker like lightning. Daniel "The Thunder" Stokes appears and raises his arms in the arm. He starts walking down the entrance.

Harrys: “And his opponent, from Brisbane, Australia, weighing 95 kilos, The Thunder from Down Under, Daniel Stokes!”

As the Australian comes out, Vengeance jumps out the ring and meets Stokes on the entrance ramp. Stokes and Vengeance brawl with fists flying everywhere. Stokes whips Vengeance into the ring steps and the crash reverberates around the arena. The referee tries to bring them in the ring.

Copeland “This grudge match is going to start out as a brawl!”

Stokes slides in as Vengeance tries to recuperate, only for DC to immediately springboard himself over the top rope to the floor onto Vengeance! The crowd cheers loudly. Stokes slides Vengeance back in and the bell rings.

Cohen: “Trust an Australian to cause a riot! Vengeance got jumped!”

Stokes tries to cover Vengeance but he rolls onto his side before the ref can even get down. Stokes picks Vengeance up and whips him off the ropes and as he comes back, he is met with a Kangaroo Kick. Stokes lands on him for the cover.

Pin; 1...2...kicked out

Copeland: “Stokes has started quite brilliantly here, he will need to keep this up to have chance to put Vengeance away”

Pin; 1...2 strong kicked out by Vengeance.

Daniel maintains his advantage by keeping Vengeance moving. He picks him up again, drags him to the corner and positions himself on the top rope, trying for a Thunder breaker. Vengeance tries to fight it but Stokes has the benefit of being higher. Daniel ends up kicking him away and springs off the top rope and nails Vengeance with a hurracanrana! Stokes continues to go after him and goes for a Head Down Below DDT but Vengeance uses the ropes to stall this and then turns Stokes around and reverses it into a Russian Leg Sweep. Vengeance sits up and picks up Stokes, before dropping him immediately with a hard sit out spine buster.

Pin; 1...2...kicked out.

Copeland: “Stokes started so well but it looks as if Vengeance is getting back into it!”

Vengeance confidently plays to the crowd who boo him. He then moves to pick up Stokes but the Aussie fights back by trying to fight back. From the floor Stokes catches him in the jaw with a vicious kick, which buys enough time for him to get up. They tie up again. Stokes tries a headlock takedown but this gets blocked and Vengeance reverses it into a backbreaker.

Cohen: “Hahaha Stokes got caught trying to outwrestle Vengeance and it cost him!!

Vengeance is visibly furious and annoyed that Stokes has on top in the match so far. Stokes is reeling Now Vengeance is slowly and deliberately measuring DC with closed fist punches. The referee admonishes Vengeance.

Vengeance picks up Stokes and positions him across his shoulders for a torture rack. Vengeance drops him hard and can be audibly heard telling Stokes that “It is not worth it.” Stokes tries to roll out of the ring but Vengeance grabs him by the hair. Stokes fights back from his knees, rocking Vengeance back with hard chops and then a hard drop kick. Stokes gets up and runs at Vengeance. He ducks a clothesline, comes off of the ropes and nails Vengeance with a stiff enziguri.

Pin; 1...2...kicked out.

Stokes is not perturbed by the two count and calmly climbs to the top rope. With Vengeance still on the mat he turns around and moonsaults off. At the last second Vengeance manages to roll towards the corner and avoid the contact. Stokes gets nothing but mat.

Copeland: “As well as Stokes has been doing, I don’t believe that was part of the plan!”

Vengeance uses the ropes to get vertical and sprints at Stokes; he tries to nail Trial and Retribution but Stokes dodges it and trips up Vengeance, so he falls face first into the middle turnbuckle. Stokes drags him back and rolls him up.

1...2...kicked out.

Stokes gets to his feet a lot quicker than Vengeance and in an instant, drops Vengeance with a hip toss and then he locks in the Boston Crab. Vengeance is screaming in pain and is trapped in the centre of the ring. Vengeance drops the left leg and turns it into a single leg version of the submission.

Vengeance is using his superior to slowly drag himself towards the ropes. Stokes realises that Vengeance is nearly able to enforce the rope break and sits down even further, to the point where Vengeance’s foot is nearly touching his shoulder. Still Vengeance just about manages to drag himself another foot and his fingers barely touch the bottom rope. The referee enforces the rope break and makes Stokes break the hold. Stokes refuses and nearly gets disqualified as he barely does it as the referee uses his five count.

Copeland: “Vengeance did not tap. Somehow, Vengeance is still in this and refuses to go down to Stokes.”

Stokes, with a thoughtful look on his face, picks up Vengeance again and puts him into position for the Stokes Driver. As Stokes goes to pick him up, Vengeance falls back and back body drops Stokes. Cover!

Copeland: “Reversal of the Stokes Driver!!”

1...2...very weak kick out by Stokes!

Vengeance picks up Stokes and tries to hit the Judge, Jury and Executioner (Brainbuster). Stokes is trying all he can to stop Vengeance from lifting him up. Vengeance releases the hold and starts pummelling him with forearm shots which leaves Stokes looking dazed.

Copeland: “This is similar to last week Cohen! Look at Stokes’ eyes. No one’s home!”

Stokes falls to the floor. Vengeance nails the Trial and Retribution (Kitchen Sink) and then without hesitation or pause for thought. Vengeance lifts Stokes up again and this time, he nails the Judge, Jury and Executioner!

Cohen: “He hit it this time!!”

1...2...3!!!

Harrys: “Your winner by pinfall, Vengeance!”

Copeland: “Another awesome effort by Daniel Stokes but Vengeance has put him away again!”

"My Curse" begins playing throughout the arena as the lights go a light red. Eric Derf then comes onto the stage, a determined look on his face.

Copeland: Eric Derf has had a lot of things to say about this match recently

Cohen: But you have to question the logic of angering a man the size of Manzo

Harrys: This match is scheduled for one fall and is a qualifying match for the Championship Chase. Introducing first, from The Maratimes, weighing 235lbs. ERRRIIICCC DERF.

He fixes his eyes on the ring, and walks single-mindedly down the ramp and gets into the ring. Inside the ring, he goes to his corner and begins stretching for his matchup

Copeland: A determined look on Derf's face, but you have to wonder how long that will last

"Sumo" plays and, the crowd boos as Manzo and Magnus appear on the stage and begin to walk towards the ring.

Cohen: Determined or not... it doesn't change the fact he is against a man who is undefeated. And did I mention. THE MAN WEIGHS NEARLY 600lbs Copeland! He could quite literally EAT Derf.

Harrys: And his opponent... from Hiroshima Japan. Weighing 585lbs, 'The Pride of Japan' Hatchiyama... MANZO

As they reach the ring area, Magnus stops, and Manzo turns to face him. Magnus can clearly be heard saying "Break him. Destroy him!"

Cohen: Well, I think we're getting an indication of Magnus' intentions for Eric Derf in this one.

Copeland: Yes, it doesn't sound good for... Wait, look. Look at Derf.

Taking advantage of the situation, Derf takes a run off the ropes, and dives over the top rope in a plancha. The move hits Manzo across the back, causing him to headbutt Magnus. Blood begins to pour from Magnus' nose as he collapses to the floor unconscious.

Copeland: Oh My GOD! Derf put his own body on the line to take out Manzo, but it looks like the move had more impact on Manzo's manager

The move barely fazed Manzo, who turns to look at Derf, both men with intensity in their eyes. Manzo makes a move towards Derf, who is quicker and able to run round the ring, before sliding back in the other side. As Manzo follows, Derf hits a running dropkick to the former Sumo as he attempts to get to his feet in the ring, prompting the official to ring the bell for the start of the match, and begins to drop elbow after elbow, determined to keep the big man off his feet.

Copeland: And you've got to say, Derf has really started this brightly, getting the rush on the big man

Cohen: But Copeland, eventually Manzo's going to get to his feet and then what?

Manzo eventually regains his feet, and swats Derf away, looking at his fallen manager, as Derf gets up, getting in the face of Manzo. He can be seen mouthing 'You're next', pointing outside the ring at Magnus, before hitting Manzo with a stinging slap to the face.

Copeland: Ouch. The echo on that slap was immense. Derf, brave...but this is not smart

Manzo puts his hand to his cheek and looks at Derf, before levelling him with a Throat Thrust.

Cohen: And that's why. A slap is only going to serve to awaken the anger in the giant

Leaving Derf on the mat, Manzo leaves the ring to check on Magnus, as a pair of officials come down to ringside to check on the fallen businessman causing the referee to begin his 10 Count.

Copeland: Cohen, is it just me or does Manzo seem more concerned with his manager than actually winning the match

Cohen: You'd think he'd concentrate more on punishing the man responsible

As the count reaches 6, Manzo tears his attention from the ringside action, and turns and rolls back into the ring to break up the count. This time he is met by an elbow drop to the knee by Derf.

Copeland: And again, Derf on the offensive straightaway. He looks really fired up for this.

Cohen: But really Cohen... Do you think Derf can actually overcome a man twice his size?

Derf hooks the leg and tries to lock in a single leg crap, only for Manzo to power out of the hold and regain his footing. He pushes Derf away again, only for him to run back on the attack and duck the attempted clothesline, aiming a well placed kick to the back of Manzo's knee, catching him with a follow up as he turns to try to face Derf. As Derf goes for a third kick, Manzo blocks the shot, and catches the smaller man, hurling him across the ring with an Overhead Belly to Belly Suplex.

Cohen: There's your proof Seabass. The Sumo overpowers Derf with ease.

At ringside, ENTs have come down to check on Magnus, and have placed him on a stretcher. Manzo leaves the ring and again goes to check on his manager.

Copeland: Magnus again proving a distraction to Manzo. I hope this doesn't end with a countout. It'd be a shame for the Japanese warrior to miss out on his big shot

Walking up the aisle as the ENTs wheel him to the back. Magnus' hand can be seen gesturing for Manzo to turn and go back, as the count reaches 7.

Cohen: Magnus ordering Manzo to go and finish the job.

When the referee reaches 8, Manzo runs back towards the ring, reaching it as the referee raises his arms for the 10 count. Getting to his feet, he is met by a flying Derf, who sails through the air, colliding with the massive body of Manzo with a Diving Spear.

Copeland: Not quite enough to knock the big man off his feet.

Cohen: I don't like this Copeland. Manzo doesn't look like his heart is in this match. Manzo's 'higher authority' seems to be too much of a distraction to the former Yokozuma.

Seemingly undeterred, Derf goes to the first turnbuckle and gains enough height to lock a sleeper hold on Manzo. Fighting to his feet with Derf on his back, climbing to higher turnbuckles to ensure continued pressure. As Manzo tries to pry Derf off his back, leaning forward to try to dislodge him. Seemingly about to catch Derf and throw him, Derf dives over Manzo head, hitting a Diamond Dust using Manzo's own momentum to drive his head into the mat.

Copeland: Diamond Dust takes Manzo down. Cohen, when was the last time anyone had Manzo down like this.

Cohen: I honestly don't know Seabass. I'm shocked to be honest. I thought Manzo would annihilate Derf like everyone else in, well, the whole damn world.

Derf looks at Manzo, almost unsure how to continue after taking the former Yokozuma off his feet. Almost immediately, Manzo begins to stir.

Copeland: Still not able to get a pin on Manzo.

Derf bounces off the rope, jumping and hitting a front flip splash, which barely stops Manzo getting to his feet, causing Derf to bounce off the ropes, only to be caught by a Sidewalk Slam and floored by Manzo.

Cohen: Seabass, for all the assault Derf has dished out, Manzo is still able to lay him out in a second. All it takes is one slip up and Derf is finished.

A shot from the back appears on the Titantron, showing Magnus being loaded into an ambulance, blood staining the front of his suit. Manzo is momentarily diverted by the footage, allowing Derf to make it back to his feet in the corner. Seeing Derf in the corner, Manzo charges towards the corner, looking to hit the M-10 on Derf, only for Derf to drop to the floor, Manzo crashing into the corner.

Copeland: And again, Manzo making mistakes with the injury to his mentor.

Cohen: But can Derf actually capitalise, knowing he was so close to being flattened.

Copeland: It looks like he's going to try.

As Manzo turns from the impact, Derf leaps from the turnbuckle, hitting the Sweet Shin Music, which fails to take the monster off his feet, but staggers him. Derf looks shocked that the move failed to take the big man down

Copeland: What the hell does anyone have to do to get the pin over Manzo.

Cohen: I think Derf's wondering the same thing.

He looks at the stunned Manzo for a second, before jumping off the 2nd rope, trying to pull Manzo over into the Deriffic.

Copeland: DERIFFIC, Derf going for the DERIFFIC.

Cohen: But again... he's simply too small to get the big man down. And I think he's going to pay for it.

Manzo staggers back, but fails to fall, Derf on his shoulder. He catches Derf by the arm and pulls him across his chest.

Copeland: You may be right partner... This is NOT the place Derf wants to be right now.

Cohen: MAY be right. MAY??? Are you blind Seabass? MANZO has caught Derf. When was the last time you saw anyone want to be in this position

Falling forward, Manzo's Fallout Slam drives Derf to the mat. Manzo sits up, looks down at Derf on the mat, and then out towards the back.

Copeland: Fallout Slam... folks, this is looking academic

Cohen: Looking? Do you actually mean to sound stupid? Well do you want to know what... he's not done yet

Gathering speed, Manzo bounces off the rope and lands across Derf's chest with the Hiroshima Bomb, sitting on his chest as the ref counts

Cohen: Whammy. I think Derf may be finished. 585 lbs crashing down on his chest

Copeland: I don't see him getting out of that. The ref's counting

Copeland: This one is over. The Pride of Japan remains undefeated, even though he didn't look dominant

Ding Ding Ding

Harrys: Here is your winner... MANNNNNZZZOOO

Cohen: From the end of that match... I don't think it matters just how much offence he got in. The end result is the same. Manzo's run at the title looks unstoppable

Copeland: I can't help but wonder if you're right partner

Cohen: IF? Seriously Seabass, one of us said Derf had a shot at winning here. Yet Manzo advanced. Who was right

Copeland: We'll be right back folks

Commercial Break

*Magnus Maximillion is seen walking down the hallway toward Manzo's personal locker room, where he is met by Diego San Pablo, the newest member of the WZCW interview/announce team. Magnus does not appear to recognize the man, and thus, he looks at Diego quizzically...*

Magnus: Who in the heck are you??

Man: Oh, my name is Diego San Pablo. I'm kind of new around here. I was just hoping to get an interview with you before Manzo's big match.

Magnus: Ok, Skeletor. Sure thing.

Diego: Ok, homes. Some people think that Derf might actually have a legitimate chance to knock the big undefeated monster, Manzo. What do you have to say about that?

Magnus: Listen, San Diego, I've been hearing this from the media all week, that Derf is looking to be in great shape and plans on giving Manzo all that he can handle. Well, when that talk will finally end once Derf lays in a pool of misery and defeat at the hands of Manzo. You see, Derf might have the heart to compete, but the guy just can't measure up to the greatest force in the history of wrestling. No one is going to defeat Manzo as long as I am in his corner. Some might say that Manzo has a higher power on his side. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

*Magnus walks away as Diego turns and looks on in disbelief.*

"Stand Here With Me" by Creed bursts over the speakers as the audience erupts for Steamboat Ricky. The crowd continues to cheer for a few seconds before dying down when no one comes through the entrance.

Copeland: Where is Ricky?

Cohen: He must not have been able to show, Seabass. You saw what happened to him last week.

Ricky never comes out, his music stops, and "Famous" by Puddle of Mudd plays on the speakers and the crowd erupts again with renewed vigor. Once again no one comes out and the crowd begins to die down slowly.

Copeland: Will could not show up either? What's going on here?

Cohen: I don't have the slightest idea, Seabass. I think an explanation is necessary here.

"If It All Ended Tomorrow" John Cena starts and the crowd boos at a deafening level. Joseph Rios comes out with a microphone in hand and makes his way to the ring. Realizing that he is actually there, the crowd boos with renewed vigor.

Joseph enters the ring and waits for the crowd to subside before he begins to speak.

Joseph: Now I’d like to tell everyone some great news. Now I know that you were expecting a classic match between Ricky and Will. Well I have some news for all of you. That match will not happen. I have made sure of that.

The crowd tries to drown out the things that Rios is saying now.

Joseph: Quiet down. Hey, quiet down! I still have some things to say. Now I can see why all of you dislike what I have done, but think about it. I have helped one of your other favorites by giving him a bye. Really, I just didn’t want to see him with the title. So what does a man like me do? I took matters into my own hands. I took him out of commission, and he's probably in some hospital somewhere, licking his wounds. So be thankful that…

“Toccata and Fugue in D Minor” by Bach begins to play over the speaker system as Joseph looks very confused. Vance Bateman begins walking down the ramp. He has a microphone in hand as he makes his way to the ring. He stops just short of the ring and backs up a bit down the ramp.

Vance: Now I think you are a little confused about our plans here. That bye you are talking about is not going to happen. We have plans for the WZCW title that do not involve giving anyone a walk.

Joseph: What are you talking about? This is…

Vance: Save it, Josephus. I didn't come out here to argue with you, but I will put you in your place if that's what needs to happen. No. What I am here to do is to inform the WZCW roster and fans of something special. This has never happened before in the history of WZCW. The week before Redemption, there will be a special, live telecast of an event so huge that this place is going to be buzzing for years to come. At this telecast, there will be ONE...yes ONE match. Now, some of you are saying to yourself..."oh what a rip off!" However, this match will be...an over the top rope battle royal open to anyone on the roster who did not advance in the title tournament here tonight. Up for grabs, will be...the final spot in the semi-finals of the title tournament. This event will be called "Sprint for the Spot", as the man who goes hardest and fastest in the ring that night...he's going to get that chance at gold. Now Rios, unless you have some kind of insubordinate comment to make...why don't you just hit my music??

Suddenly the lights go out. Seconds later a bolt of lightning hits the top of the ramp. As the smoke rises, the lights flicker and Vance is nowhere to be seen. The lights go out once more, and a uniquely recognizable laugh is heard over the sound system. The laugh is that of Magnus Maximillion.

END SHOW

Show is up. Make sure that you read the announcement on WZCW.com before reading the show. Otherwise, you may be confused. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back