• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WZ Power Rankings

I wont get on this if WZCW doesnt count. I started a thread the other day that got four posts.

The majority of my threads average like 3-5 posts, the only reason I'm so high on the list is because those same threads also get about 350 on views average as well, so apparently I make good threads that people want to read but don't want to discuss

why am I so high Tdigs?

Cause you smoke a lot of weed, how the fuck else are you gonna get so high:shrug:

I clicked on view all threads started by SNS...

I see you caring SNS. The majority may not, but I do.

The majority of my threads average like 3-5 posts, the only reason I'm so high on the list is because those same threads also get about 350 on views average as well, so apparently I make good threads that people want to read but don't want to discuss

I get that Justin, but you have a number of big threads started by you, including the Comics one, so that negates the "unpopular" threads.

All right, I'm posting rankings for the following week in a bit. People have asked about the algorithm, here it is:

To be considered you must at first have a total of 7 non-spam posts for the week. If you meet this requirement, then your ranking is determined as follows:

1) Every non-spam post you make is worth 5 points.

2) The number of views of all the threads that you started within the week (both spam and non-spam) is divided by 100.

3) The number of replies to all of your non-spam threads is divided by 2.

4) The number of replies to all of your non-spam threads is divided by 5.

5) Participating in a back-and-forth with one person that lasts at least four posts within one thread (2 coming from you, 2 coming from one other person, no spillovers allowed, spam or non-spam) gets you 10 points.

6) If you tie with another person in the amount of points you receive, who ranks above whom will be determined by the number of reps each received within the relevant week.

So, let's go through this algorithm with an example:

For the relevant week, poster X made 10 non-spam posts, created 2 non-spam threads (the total view count for these threads is 6,000 and the total number of replies is 20), created 5 spam threads (the total view count for these threads is 4,000 and the total numbers of replies is 150), and got into three back-and-forths. Let's compute his score:

10 non-spam posts equals 50 points.
10,000 thread views equals 100 points.
20 non-spam replies equals 10 points.
150 spam replies equals 30 points.
3 back-and-forths equals 30 points.

Poster X receives 220 points for the week. All right, power rankings coming up in a bit.

Power-rankings for the week ending on 23 April 2011:

1) Dave

2) The Crock

3) Big Sexy

4) Jack-Hammer

5) The Brain

6) IndyJon22

7) jmt225

8) klunderbunker

9) Your Friendly Neighborhood JGlass

10) SavageTaker

11) Nick B.

12) FitFinlay4Life

13) The Natural

All right, I'm posting rankings for the following week in a bit. People have asked about the algorithm, here it is:

To be considered you must at first have a total of 7 non-spam posts for the week. If you meet this requirement, then your ranking is determined as follows:

1) Every non-spam post you make is worth 5 points.

2) The number of views of all the threads that you started within the week (both spam and non-spam) is divided by 100.

5) Participating in a back-and-forth with one person that lasts at least four posts within one thread (2 coming from you, 2 coming from one other person, no spillovers allowed, spam or non-spam) gets you 10 points.

6) If you tie with another person in the amount of points you receive, who ranks above whom will be determined by the number of reps each received within the relevant week.

So, let's go through this algorithm with an example:

For the relevant week, poster X made 10 non-spam posts, created 2 non-spam threads (the total view count for these threads is 6,000 and the total number of replies is 20), created 5 spam threads (the total view count for these threads is 4,000 and the total numbers of replies is 150), and got into three back-and-forths. Let's compute his score:

10 non-spam posts equals 50 points.
10,000 thread views equals 100 points.
20 non-spam replies equals 10 points.
150 spam replies equals 30 points.
3 back-and-forths equals 30 points.

Poster X receives 220 points for the week. All right, power rankings coming up in a bit.

That is a lot more complicated than I thought it was. Kudos for doing all that work, man.

Power-rankings for the week ending on 23 April 2011:

1) Dave

2) The Crock

3) Big Sexy

4) Jack-Hammer

5) The Brain

6) IndyJon22

7) jmt225

8) klunderbunker

9) Your Friendly Neighborhood JGlass

10) SavageTaker

11) Nick B.

12) FitFinlay4Life

13) The Natural

Woop! On top of the world, bitches!

I'm going to be basing my posting over the next week strictly to get on the list.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't happy that I'm on the list.

I'm mad impressed with the system you worked out, TDigle. That's a lot of work, but good luck getting it all done.

...so... it's... divided by 10?

Edit, oh alright, second one is spam

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back