WZ Hall Of Fame Induction Thread – The Undertaker

Should The Undertaker Be Inducted Into The WZ Hall Of Fame?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
NOTE: This thread was created after talking to Tastycles, the “Old School” section moderator about creating it. I was given a list of candidates that I could create a thread about and have not created it off of my own back. We request that you DO NOT create WZ Hall Of Fame induction threads without asking Tastycles first.

the_undertaker.jpg

For 20 years, The Undertaker has been one of the most dominating forces in the world of professional wrestling. Debuting on television at Survivor Series in 1990, The Undertaker has left a trail of destruction behind him as his superiority spanned 20 years and beyond. In that 20 years, The Undertaker has done it all. A multiple time world champion and one of the most decorated superstars ever, The Undertaker has proven to be one of the most intriguing and wonderful WWF/E characters.

The Undertaker has feuded with the very best that the WWF/E ever had to offer and has beaten them. He holds a perfect undefeated streak at WrestleMania of 18 wins and 0 loses. Some of those wins have been against rising stars and established wrestlers, all the same. Some of those names include Jimmy Snuka, Kane, Triple H, Ric Flair, Randy Orton and of course, two wins over Shawn Michaels. The Undertaker has proven his worth on the biggest stage in professional wrestling against some of the biggest names of his era.

Often hailed as having one of the best gimmicks in wrestling history, The Undertaker has managed to stay fresh and reinvent himself over his long tenure. He has been dominant as “Cain”, The Undertaker, The American Badass and The Phenom that dominates today. He has received multiple awards for his gimmick and is often cited as the only remaining strong gimmick in a wrestling world that is ever-changing.

A crowd favourite that will likely always have a place in the hearts of the fans is now up for potential induction into the WZ Hall Of Fame. A sure-fire WWE Hall Of Famer in the future, The Undertaker has literally done it all in the wrestling business. Having won most of the main WWF/E accomplishments on multiple occasions, the Icon has cemented his place in wrestling history with the moments he has given us. Who will ever forget his match against the likes of Kane or Mankind as Mankind flew from the top of the cell. Who will forget his match against The Ultimate Warrior or Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania 25 and 26?

However, the decision comes down to you, people of WrestleZone Forums. Is The Undertaker good enough to join the like of Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair and Harley Race in the WZ Hall Of Fame? You decide!

Yes Undertaker should be inducted into the WZ Hall of Fame, Mark Calloway took a gimmick and made it work for 20 years, something very few people could do.

Mark is at a such popular place that he's so hard to turn heel because people would be cheering him anyway, it's something very few people can brag about, and it certainly only adds to his accolades of how much of a YES I will vote for him to be inducted.

Undertaker is undefeated at the grandest stage of them all, and has been one of the most consistent and loyal characters in WWE throughout his whole career, throughout the existence of WWE, being the longest most active on-screen wrestler for 20 years straight.

Undertaker is very respected, he has all the accomplishments to make it into any Hall of Fame, he's one of the few people that deserves a wing for himself in WWE's Hall of Fame, so why wouldn't he deserve a spot in our Hall of Fame?

And to top it off, he's one of the legends in this business, in a whole league of his own, up there among some of the greatest, at least in my eyes.

And to top it off, he's one of the legends in this business, in a whole league of his own, up there among some of the greatest, at least in my eyes.

Ferbian, he is THE greatest of all time my friend.. WZ hall of fame, WWE hall of fame, hell, any hall of fame that takes his fancy he should be in ! He's the reason I have followed wrestling for so long, and I'm sure I aint the only person who thinks that.

He should definitely be inducted. Undertaker is a "must have" in any wrestling Hall Of Fame. He's one of the most beloved, respected, and one of the most accomplished wrestlers of all time. Without him, a Hall Of Fame can't be taken seriously.

Ferbian, he is THE greatest of all time my friend.. WZ hall of fame, WWE hall of fame, hell, any hall of fame that takes his fancy he should be in ! He's the reason I have followed wrestling for so long, and I'm sure I aint the only person who thinks that.

Greatest of all time is all a matter of opinion, personally for example I prefer to put Shawn Michaels over Undertaker, therefore I put him among the greatest because he's generally seen up there but some may put him under, or over others.

Undertaker just fits up there among the legends of the business, Hogan, Flair, Shawn, The Rock, Stone Cold, there's quite a bunch up there, but in the end they're an elite bunch.

I believe Undertaker has been said by WWE wrestlers to be in a league of his own, a league up there with the amount of people that can be counted on one hand (I could be mistaking him for someone else, nonetheless I agree that Undertaker is among a group of people that can probably be counted on one, or two hands)

Yes,yes,and yes again.

The Undertaker is without a doubt the greatest of all time.He can do anything.He's a 7-footer that can fly and balance on the ropes.He knows many submissions.The best pure striker in WWE.Plus,who has more respect from the boys than Mark Callaway?

He's the only one who can take a gimmick like his,and reinvent it to keep it fresh.Without a doubt,Taker is a sure-fire WWE hall of famer,and should be inducted into the WZ hall of fame.

Abso-freakin-lutely. The Undertaker has been a figurehead of a wrestling franchise for 20 years. Just depending on the Streak alone is enough for a Hall Of Fame induction.

im curious as to why anyone voted no? taker has been around 20 years, held championships and has always managed to stay among the top talents in the WWE the whole time. He never dipped in popularity, never got stale, and as recently as last wrestlemania has put on a great match. There is nobody who can say that. Even flair, he may have been on top but at times it felt forced. The most amazing thing is undertaker has kept a gimmick going for so long, minus the bad ass break, he's still managed to keep the deadman gimmick going. I have yet to see a gimmick last THAT long. The taker definitely belongs in any wrestling hall of fame.

This should be a no brainer in my opinion he's without a doubt one of the most recognizable names in pro wrestling history. His accomplishments including title runs, Wrestemania streak, and the ability to keep his gimmick relevant for 20 years. Should speak for themselves when considered for any hall of fame.

As I did for the Vince McMahon thread, I would love to voice my opinion on a more personal lever with this thread too.

My Mum, is an awfully big Undertaker fan. I know that is a very strange way to start off a post but I am hopefully going somewhere with this. Anyway, as a very young boy, my Mum used to love watching wrestling with me. I was born in 1990 and the Undertaker was just making his début in the WWE. My mum was very into the look and my Dad used to have hair like The Undertaker. Again, I am digressing but I am heading somewhere. So naturally, when I got old enough to understand the concept of the wrestling business, I was always been treated to watching some of the matches that The Undertaker was having with at the time. I remember seeing my first ever wrestling match. I believe it was The Undertaker vs Jake The Snake Roberts but I could be mistaken. The point remains though. From a very young age, The Undertaker has played a major part in my life.

To this day, I am still a fan of his work. Words cannot describe how gutted I was that he wasn't on the recent UK tour. I recall reading one of KB's reviews of a Smackdown he went to and he stated that you just need to be there for the entrance. Unfortunately, I missed it but hopefully I'll see it live one day. From his look right down to his entrance. From his gimmick right down to his in-ring work, Taker has been dominating the wrestling business for nearly 20 years and there really should be no question as to his inclusion. One of the strongest gimmicks in the business and one of the best workers in the WWE.

I am voting yes. If I had created an option better than "yes", I would vote that too.

The most impressive thing with Undertaker is the fact that he has pretty much stuck with this gimmick of being a dead man and working the gimmick (minus the the American Bad Ass) and just staying over despite being a "cartoony" gimmick. Taker is a legend and one of the most respective guys in the business and he can put on a good match with any guy, no matter the size. I remember reading in Bret Hart's book that he felt bad for Taker because they fed him terrible workers, yet Taker managed to get decent matches out of the guys. Taker isn't the same guy that he use to be, but he is still capable of putting on a quality match and as his career dwindles down he will always hold a place in wrestling fans' hearts. Whether it is the undefeated WM record, his ability to fly around despite his size, his legendary gimmick, or his ability to put on a good match every outing, Undertaker will go down as one of the best to ever lace up a pair of boots and step foot into the squared circle.

Without a doubt, Taker should be inducted. He has been one of WWE's top draw for so many years and has managed to stay relevant and consistently put on great matches and have great feuds. Taker is one of the reasons that I (and many others) kept watching wrestling after discovering it, his gimmick is interesting and intruiging to even non-wrestling fans and enthralling to die hard ones. Its hard to find anyone with a bad thing to say about Undertaker as a person, employee, or a wrestler, he is admired by millions of people around the world and recognized by many as the greatest wrester of all time. One things for sure, Mean Mark, The Deadman, The Punisher, The American badass, Undertaker, or whatever you wanna call him, deserves a spot in any respectful wrestling hall of fame.

Honestly, I've voted no. If you look at who we have put in so far, we've got the real creme de la creme of wrestling, and I'm not sure Taker has that. He has longevity, and an artificially manufactured streak, but he's never had a single convinging title reign, nor has he ever really put on great matches. His gimick has proven to be one of the best developed of all time, but I don't know if Undertaker, the wrestler, is one of the best of all time, as evidenced by his lean periods whenever anyone else is about. I'm not frustrated that he's being elected by a landslide, but he simply isn't one of the best ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back